#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

This was posted in response to the article "Can Family Save Aiken's Career?

From E! Online poster who supposedly works for BMG

For all of you ignorant of how these things play out, a multi-Platinum artist doesn't get dropped because of one CD with disappointing sales, especially when the label knows full well they didn't have the budget to market it properly. RCA wanted Aiken to go back to the Manilow/Stewart covers projects * he refused. That is a fact whether you believe me or not. I work for BMG * I know. Now there are many new avenues of album * song distribution so that artists don't need to depend on major label contracts like they used to. The biz is changing bigtime. Right now Aiken is in a period of non-disclosure where he can't do anything for 6 months to compete with his RCA product, nor site his plans, new major, indie or his own business plan. There will be an announcement soon. He will record again, he will tour again, his career isn't anywhere near over. There are way too many industry types who realize the raw deal he got from RCA * how unique his talents are.

Congrats clayzy for your recognition of your campus project! Good for you!

As for the thing aikim just posted...personally, I'm saying "ugh." Not necessarily for what was said by this person, but more for "I know things" attitude that comes through. Even thought this person says they work for BMG -- do they really? How do I know? Yes, the salt shaker is out full throttle for me.

Honestly, what was said is what may be going on. I can see it that way. But...I guess I don't need the reassurance, which is how this comes off to me, like they are trying to make the fans feel OK. The idea of not knowing is driving so many (to me) fans crazy, and that is what drives ME crazy.

I'll say it once, I'll say it a thousand times -- I have faith in Clay Aiken. His voice. His career choices. His humor. And he doesn't need me, as simply a fan, to make any of those decisions for him.

I found the opening sequence of Watchmen again ... so if you're interested, click here Watchmen - Opening Sequence and scroll down to the video. Bob Dylan could have something to do with this for me. All I know about The Watchmen is that it's alternative universe, set in 1985, and Nixon is in his 4th term of office. The opening sequence blew me away, so I'm tempted to see it, even with the body parts. And ... some body parts don't swing on the pages of Playgirl as well as they do on the big screen! :hahaha:

If anybody watches the intro, let me know what you think.

Well, I didn't see any body parts swinging if that's what you're asking.

Movie looked bizarre to me.

The link is too Clazycoffins Ink cartridge fundraiser.

As for vault funds every so often they will fundraise to make them last for the year.

Kewl! :clap:

Which vault we talkin'?

This was posted in response to the article "Can Family Save Aiken's Career?

From E! Online poster who supposedly works for BMG

For all of you ignorant of how these things play out, a multi-Platinum artist doesn't get dropped because of one CD with disappointing sales, especially when the label knows full well they didn't have the budget to market it properly. RCA wanted Aiken to go back to the Manilow/Stewart covers projects * he refused. That is a fact whether you believe me or not. I work for BMG * I know. Now there are many new avenues of album * song distribution so that artists don't need to depend on major label contracts like they used to. The biz is changing bigtime. Right now Aiken is in a period of non-disclosure where he can't do anything for 6 months to compete with his RCA product, nor site his plans, new major, indie or his own business plan. There will be an announcement soon. He will record again, he will tour again, his career isn't anywhere near over. There are way too many industry types who realize the raw deal he got from RCA * how unique his talents are.

Verra imteressting. I'll sit on the suspicious fence, lol.

They didn't have the budget to market it properly? Exqueeze me?

6 months starting when? Ending on April 16th? :please:

Yeah .... right .... works for BMG. Sure thingy.

And just happen to hit all the key fan talking-points.

Yeah. I'm jaded.

:cryingwlaughter:

I guess I am jaded too, because that was my first thought, but brought it over anyway.

Kim

Yeah .... right .... works for BMG. Sure thingy.

And just happen to hit all the key fan talking-points.

Yeah. I'm jaded.

:cryingwlaughter:

You're not the only one, or two, or three, or four..... :yeahthat:

Congratulations clayzcoffin!!

Color me double jaded on the BMG insider. Every point along the way was oddly familiar.

LdyJ, is there really a lot of hand-wringing going on about Clay's career? Really? You'd think, or hope, after all this time that every Clay-lover could relax into being a fan of a wonderful human being and a great talent and enjoy the gifts he shares. I don't have to know him personally to have built up some serious faith in his many gifts. He's in a position to create a lot of opportunities for himself in Hollywood, on Broadway, on tour, and on record. He has a first-class publicist, manager, attorney, and I hear he's pretty close to his executive producer. But mainly, I think he has the desire and the energy to get where he wants to be, and go there via his own path. That he's unpredictable and private is part of the draw for me.

I don't think Clay is missing anything except the right song at the next right moment. Oh, for a gifted songwriter to write a magnificent song for Clay that will unlock and free some minds. I know for a fact that Clay has a lot of fans waiting in the wings -- people who loved him on Idol, but don't so much love what he's recorded since Idol. These people still want to hear BOTW, UM, Solitaire, and TITN, and nothing he's done subsequently has stirred them, outside of MDYK and OHN. I know at least a dozen people that fit into that group, and I don't know that many people, so some statistical factors must indicate a ton of fans-in-waiting out there, or else I know a strange sampling of characters! Anyway, if that perfect storm of a song and lightning strike never happens for them ... it already happened for me, so I feel like an insider on that criteria alone.

Clazy, that's a great write-up. Congratulations!!!

merrieeee, thanks for that link to the People Celebrity Makeover pictures. "It takes a village of stylists ..." -- they probably got that line from Clay!

Regarding Tyra, no doubt those two hit it off immediately, and she apparently loved the nice flowers he sent her ...

Tyra_1.jpg

Tyra2.jpg

Tyra3.jpg

Note1.jpg

They are so CUTE!!

tyra-clay-cuddle2.jpg

Is it gerbil wheel time again? I like what the "BMG" poster had to say, but will take it under salt advisement. And, yay, I'm famous! :P I'm glad my fundraiser is getting some attention from the school, even though readership is sadly low and it's a few pages in... and under the fold, if that means anything. :shrug:

Still've only gotten about 4 cartridges. Need to advertise more, but have been too tired to work on redesigning some posters. Too many tests before spring break! Speaking of, I'm going to be leaving for spring break (going to visit family in MI) and probably won't be on much. I'm sure I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back!

If it bleeds in leads! heee..only thing I remember from journalism school.

Clayzy did you talk to the computer labs and offices..they probably use the most cartridges.

I guess I've gotten to the point where I don't care about the whys of it. Just call me when Clay is doing something and I'll be there. In the mean time... life is calling. My only thought was that Mr. BMG maybe AKA Clay fan - you aren't helping Clay AT all..no matter who you are.

I did talk to them about it, but they said they only use toner cartridges...

Oh yeah, the famous "God forbid the Clack skips around" clack. How wonderful was that? He was never cuter.

And, as for the "cute" appellation for males -- some guys may not like being called "cute" -- but cute guys will always be called cute guys by females, and there's nothing they can do about it. Some guys are hunky and hot and NOT cute. But IMO Hot and Cute are IT!

I figured it was an accepted adjective in the US to describe a good looking guy. I just rarely hear it used here in relation to guys but I am sure it happens because if it's heard on American TV programs that are shown here it will be copied by someone. I don't watch enough TV to have heard it being used, at least not in recent memory. I just remember the reaction I got but that was long ago, and I've just never used it again unless I am talking about animal or human babies! Every time I see it used here, which is quite often... I always remember back to that day. It's no big deal, I just can't shake the memory of it though. When I see a hot pic of Clay, my reaction is "what a spunk!"

ETA:

canfly

Ya ain't that tactful at
NNHB
, lol. Kolobok_Laie_haha.gif

NNHB?

I know I am late to the party again.

I've used "cute" and heard it used. I guess it depends on the guy,I have never found the "macho" guys attractive.

Ummm, obviously "spunk" has a different meaning in Australia. :o

You're welcome, heinz! Always such a chore to go through clack. :hahaha:

I still don't have money I just go anyway :)

Hee, exactly! Thread title? ;)

Well yes, it seems to have been in usage with a different meaning but not by me. My mother heard me say it in my early teens, nearly fell over, explained the meaning and forbid me to say it again. :blush: I still can't bring myself to use it :blush: :28:

........and that was ten years ago!............. :laught31: :laught31:

I am with you all on the hugebucketofsaltBMGinsider. One thing that struck me though was about the 6 month "gag order". Does anyone else think that this might have a grain of truth? Maybe something like this written into the initial contract? Like when people sell a business and agree to not open up in competition in the area or within a certain time frame.

Hmmmmm! I wonder if Salt mine stocks are down.

New York Post

New ‘Rock’ stars

What do Mary J. Blige, Clay Aiken and Elvis Costello have in common? All three are the latest celebs to make cameos on “30 Rock.” According to a spy, the trio was on the show’s set Wednesday, hanging out with Tina Fey and company. “They were psyched to meet Tina,” our insider reports. “But it was Alec Baldwin who had everyone cracking up — that guy is hilarious!”

One thing that struck me though was about the 6 month "gag order". Does anyone else think that this might have a grain of truth?

Well...sure. Non-compete clauses do exist if that's what your asking. I know that they are standard-operating-procedure for our local television news/radio personalities. In fact , anyone in any field who is good enough to be hired away by the competition may be asked to sign one.

Falls under the heading of educated-guess...

I still don't believe some random BMG employee is bouncing around the internet commenting on Clay articles. :)

Clay on 30 Rock! I'll believe it. He makes me watch shows I've never seen before. Elvis Costello was one of my previous favorite singers. We had a cat who used to sit in her cat bed quietly only when I played a certain Elvis Costello song. She was killed by a car several years ago. I still can't listen to that cd to this day.

I will believe that salt lick post because I want everyone to realize what a special voice Clay has. I don't care how or when but they will believe me about his voice. I demand it. :thdom2:

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to clean and cook today as my husband's sister and her husband are coming today for a couple of day's visit. :scream:

Good Morning Everyone:

7 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

15 Days until Clay is Presenting Tyra with her GLAAD award!

18 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

25 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim