#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Hello, FCA! :BlowKiss:

I have a new Carolina On My Mind blog with Clay Aiken in the headline but the lead graphic is: IT'S A GIRL!!!

girl1.gif

Strangest blog I ever wrote ... and with very little information RE the new arrival. You'll know what I mean when you read about my sources -- three men in the waiting room! :lol:

I taught five afternoon lessons and have yet to learn name, weight, height, etc. I do know the new arrival has red hair, which on our side probably comes from my grandmother (great great gran for the baby) who had twin sisters, one of whom was red-headed. Recessive genes must be alive and well. The pix that were supposed to come when Kai went to bed never did. Guess Grandpa fell asleep, too. :hahaha:

Happy belated birthday, Bookworm! I doubt I'll evah forget yours. :)

OMG Yesterday we had Clay Aiken walking and today we have Clay Aiken....wait for it....visiting an office building!! Aarrgghh It is so unfair he gets to be photographed living the glamourous life in LA.

:sigh: Why can't I live a life like that? [/snark]

:cryingwlaughter:

Thnx to all who keep us up-to-date with Clay news, superb clack, etc. :Iluvclaysbutt:

Handsome banner, cindilu2! :clap::clap:

My next few days include a dress rehearsal this afternoon (strings, winds, harp, piano) and student spring recital Sunday. Please send good thoughts, and have an awesome weekend, all! :wub:

Caro listen.gif

I am LOTS more worried that Angelina has told Brad to leave because she doesn't need him in order to have another baby, and that Brad is heartbroken.

There's a perfect example--if you were to believe the covers of magazines you see waiting in line at the grocery store, those two have been breaking up for years now--years. How people can take that seriously for years I don't know. If they ever do break up, it'll be like, OMG, it was true all along! Just like when Clay came out, some (including fans) were like, OMG, everything we ever read in the tabloids was true!! :naughtywag:

Congratulations, grandma Carolina Clay!!

There is no chance whatsoever that the entire Clay fandom will embrace Adam just because he is said to be gay, so IMO it is just errant crap that has taken on a life of its own.

Now isn't that just ridiculous. Where in the world does such a thing come from? Actually, it sounds like another slam on those crazy Claymates!

Wait a minute --- Brad and Angelina are breaking up AGAIN! OMG those poor kids! :hahaha:

Congrats, Caro on your new grandchild!! :clap:

I'll say this about the whole Brad/Angie/Jen trilogy.....Jennifer boring Aniston must spend a FORTUNE on her publicist!

As for the recent JJ stalker photos, well I had an immediate...shall we say....reaction :whistling-1:

To this HAWTand PISSED MAN looking like he was ready to "lay" into someone :hubbahubba:(wish it were me)

just click to lick pissy clay

Congrats, Caro on your new grandchild!! :clap:

I'll say this about the whole Brad/Angie/Jen trilogy.....Jennifer boring Aniston must spend a FORTUNE on her publicist!

As for the recent JJ stalker photos, well I had an immediate...shall we say....reaction :whistling-1:

To this HAWTand PISSED MAN looking like he was ready to "lay" into someone :hubbahubba:(wish it were me)

just click to lick pissy clay

treenuts... :yeahthat: for the Congrats, Caro... and the sentiments about that picture... Wow... that is a "you'd better not try to get any closer to my son" look for sure and I sure wouldn't want to mess with him. Clay takes crap for himself, but he'll defend those he loves, and especially Parker, with every fiber of his being and damn the consequences... which is exactly as it should be.

I'm sure this type of thing just adds to the list of reasons why he fervently hopes never again to live in LA.

I like his shoes. Have we seen them before? I don't remember seeing him wearing sneakers that much.

I personally think there are people who buy the NE strictly for laughs.
I also believe there are people who buy it and believe every damn word of it. As much as I want people to think about what they are reading, it just doesn't happen. And unfortunately, even as a librarian, whose job it is to help people study the reliability of sources, this just doesn't happen as much as I'd like.

This really bothers me because it means people are financially supporting the exploitation of others, others who have families and children who would more than likely suffer the brunt of that kind of exploitation in terms of ridicule and humiliation. No matter how ridiculous a rumor or story is, there are always people who WANT to believe it. And those people need their heads checked, truly.

Clay is so out front!!

I clicked on the Houston Chronicle webpage and the top left story was "Man Bangs are Back" with pictures of Tom Cruise, Jared Leto, Zac Efron and Brad Pitt. Clay did that in 2006.

Then I walked through a store the other day with a display of fedoras and a sign saying "Hot for Spring" -- and Clay did that in 2004 and 2005.

He's so ahead of the curve!

I like his shoes. Have we seen them before? I don't remember seeing him wearing sneakers that much.

There are several instances of Clay wearing Chucks from the ATDW promo period in 2006:

Blueshirtjeans.jpg

KimmelTat-1.jpg

hirespeoplecouch-1.jpg

Santamonica4.jpg

:tasty:

I loved his ATDW look (heck, I love all his looks!) but forgot about the Chucks!

I personally think there are people who buy the NE strictly for laughs.
I also believe there are people who buy it and believe every damn word of it. As much as I want people to think about what they are reading, it just doesn't happen. And unfortunately, even as a librarian, whose job it is to help people study the reliability of sources, this just doesn't happen as much as I'd like.

This really bothers me because it means people are financially supporting the exploitation of others, others who have families and children who would more than likely suffer the brunt of that kind of exploitation in terms of ridicule and humiliation. No matter how ridiculous a rumor or story is, there are always people who WANT to believe it. And those people need their heads checked, truly.

I must admit that I've never bought a tabloid, in fact, in 2006 when Clay was mentioned in them way too often, I switched grocery stores to one that did not put any tabloids near the checkout counters. But I gather they are quite popular with some elderly folks. One of my friends has to buy every tabloid every week for an aunt in a nursing home. They are probably addictive like the soaps. I doubt that people who buy them give a hoot about ridicule, humiliation or exploitation of celebrities.

Woohoo 30Rock tonight!! :nanaonacid:

I know those pics are posted to reveal the shoes but can I say that i don't like those "posey" pics of Clay? I don't like men in those kinds of poses. PLEASE don't shoot me for not liking SOME Clay pics!!

Just checking in after spending an Internet-less night in a major American city -- luckiest1 & ldyjocelyn, I know exactly how you felt the other week! I can't believe I survived -- my Sheraton-line hotel lost its wireless service the night I arrived and somehow the hotel itself was nestled among some hills that blocked out both AT&T & TMobile signals. My only access was a shaky 2-bar connection on my kindle. *still feeling the chills of withdrawal*

I just knew there would be clack and/or a blog or both!

Congratulations, Caro!!! Belated HBD, BW!

Can't wait to see the show tonight -- yes, I'm in a different hotel now.

Congratulations, Grandma Caro!

I love to see the word 'BLOG', but I so hate that he has to blog for this reason. I despise Twitter - it really does amount to legalized stalking for the celeb types, and beyond that, I just. don't. need. to. know. that much information about anybody. In my opinion, it has no redeeming qualities, or at least not enough to make it a worthwhile trade-off for the complete invasion of privacy it invokes when used for reporting on people other than yourself. Blech.

Clay used to be cute. Now he's just hot.

I wish the same could be said for MY aging.

Clay used to be cute. Now he's just hot.

I wish the same could be said for MY aging.

I was never cute and never hot.

So I figure I'm ahead of the game! :hahaha:

Claytonic wrote:

PLEASE don't shoot me for not liking SOME Clay pics!!

Hee there is one particular photo series that I cannot stand and they still allow me to be a member of this board!

:giveflowers: Hi bottle

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

:langue:

From public access at CH:

On the radio today, they mentioned the 30 Rock show, and rattled off some stars - sadly not Clay, however. But, they said that after the show, there will be a download, of the charity song, on itunes. Usually it's not too hard to hear that special voice, in these group numbers!