#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Susan Boyle was given subtitles when she appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show — so US viewers could understand her.

Heeee......That is done for Last Restaurant Standing on BBCA and a few other shows, too.

For Last Restaurant Standing, the opening narration actually mentions the subtitles, because not even the English restauranteurs could understand the French chef who was the judge.

I have tickets for my son & I to see John Cleese and a few other comedians in a British comedy festival in Toronto in July. My mom says to me "but you won't even be able to understand them!". LOL. I usually don't have trouble with British/Scottish/Irish accents or slang. I guess I grew up listening to enough of it that it is ingrained. Heh, I thank the Bay City Rollers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and the Beatles for that! And now, the heavy North Carolina accent is one I'm pretty comfortable with as well. ;)

From stilltheone at CV:

I don't post much anywhere but am an expert lurker. I am the person who asked the Texan guy for a copy of his video. I gave him my business card, and he promised to send me the video. I ran into him and his wife outside the restaurant and spoke briefly with them. He again promised to share his video with me. He said he wasn't sure how good it was - I told him that didn't matter at all. Keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, Clay was awesome both at the concert and at the cocktail party.

Heh, I thank the Bay City Rollers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and the Beatles for that!

When I first started watching Monty Python on PBS in the '70's, I had no problem with the accent, and there were certainly no subtitles. But I noticed that when BBCA started MP reruns last year, Eric Idle had a little intro wherein he advised people to put closed captioning on if their televisions supported that. My grandson is partially deaf and hatessssss his hearing aids, so he always watches closed captioning-style, and it is sometimes pretty funny to read.

Whoo, I've been trying to catch up with all the posting recently! I'll try to see if I remember anything of what I was going to say... The recaps are awesome! Clay looks delicious! The new banner is triply delicious! I haven't had a chance to watch any of the initial Clack yet because I've been busy getting ready to leave, but I'm hoping I'll get the chance soon and I'm sure it too will be nummy, nummy eye/ear candy. :tasty:

I know I'm forgetting lots... Ooh, I'm pretty sure today is my one year anniversary of being a Clay fan! I know, I'm still a newbie yet, but it was a year ago today that Clay was on the Tonight Show promoting OMWH, right? If so, and I think I'm right, then yep, today marks the day that I went wonky over Clay! I should go watch that interview to celebrate. :D

Someone at CV got their package.

Back of the lanyard says.....

It is a $10 off merchandise at any Clayonline store.

I spoilered it so you can anticipate the big surprise!

Clay's now asked a question at the OFC and answering.......OMG Clay Aiken wrote the word "rubber"!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: I'm amused that Clay refuses to diss American Idol in any way, no matter how hard some posters push.

I know. But they won't stop trying!! I think it's hysterical myself.

wish I had read that gambling answer BEFORE I went to Vegas :cryingwlaughter:

Clay also asked a question in the "Clay Asks a question thread"...he wants to know what everyone does for a living.

Disappointed in the back of the lanyard, not what I was expecting or something I will use.

Love when he answers questions

His blog...probably the only response he is going to give re the article in the NE...he is successful..some people hate him for it...he could give a rat's ass.

30 Rock...only watched it once...didn't think it was funny...was hoping for something more original than Kenny's Cousin...but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and be glued to my TV on Thursday.

Kim

Susan Boyle was given subtitles when she appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show — so US viewers could understand her.

Heeee......That is done for Last Restaurant Standing on BBCA and a few other shows, too.

For Last Restaurant Standing, the opening narration actually mentions the subtitles, because not even the English restauranteurs could understand the French chef who was the judge.

Yes BUT.... English is not the first language for the French chef, it is for Susan Boyle!

Kenneth is a character on 30 Rock. Clay is playing himself but he is also playing Kenneth's cousin. Alec Balwin's character says to Clay you owe me because you are Kenneth's cousin. Clay does a great eye roll! Ta da!

Kenneth is a character on 30 Rock. Clay is playing himself but he is also playing Kenneth's cousin. Alec Balwin's character says to Clay you owe me because you are Kenneth's cousin. Clay does a great eye roll!

Wheeee!! thank you!

I loved that Clay was quite vocal(almost pissed off) about Bristol Palin's stance, and then, saying "damn" and "rubber", was like an "OMG" moment. Also, he definately

wasn't holding back on his response about the most stupid question, and the stupid reporter. :huh-bwah:

By the way, a belated "thank you" to Scarlett, for the great clack of Clay at David Foster's concert. Your's was THE best, at showing Clay as the handsome, funny, talented man that he is!

By the way, a belated "thank you" to Scarlett, for the great clack of Clay at David Foster's concert. Yours was THE best, at showing Clay as the handsome, funny, talented man that he is!

How about a list of the best brands of Clack, so that when there is a choice, we can select the superior brand.

Obviously, #1 brand is the Scarlett brand.

For the benefit of those relatively new to the fandom, what others should we earmark?

Man Forum...The thread is "Questions From Clay"...top of the page.

Kim

iTunes has a special section on American Idol alum's albums--featured on the front page today, and a special price of $7.99 each. When you click the link, Clay's albums are the second, third, and fifth ones listed. Have no idea why he's got top billing (it's not alphabetical or by release date), but it's AOK with me!!