#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Hee - couldn't resist that smile, aikim. He just looks so dang happy!

I love how we can hear his voice among the many on America. There really is no one just like him.

SO very grateful for the clack. A million times thank you!

ETA: Getty link

Clay pics - :hubbahubba:

Cher pics - :asking02:

That is the perfect color hair for his complexion. JMO Thank you Scarlett for the great clack. Baby steps. Maybe he has to build up his stamina to sing for two hours.

Cher- What was she thinking. A thong over the age of fifty??? I thought she retired? She looks good except for that outfit.

:hubbahubba: Gah indeed!! Love, love, LOVE especially the one with him sitting on the stool with his leg stuck out....and the one where David is pointing at him and he's laughing. I think they truly have a great relationship which has only grown since Parker's birth, and I'm so glad for Clay to have another father/mentor whom he admires (at least, I imagine he does).

Clay's hair looks fan-fucking-TAS-tic!! :hahaha: and so does he!

The piece from oldmoviegal made me tear up (in a very good way)...thanks again for bringing that over; if ONLY someone/whoever could make that electricity that happens translate into sales/opportunities/whatever. I'll never understand why that doesn't happen.

I got an email from my youngest from Costa Rica (I didn't even know he was there! :lol: ) Among other things, he says:

I'm sending this to you from Costa Rica. I'm currently in a little beach side town of about 300 people on the pacific coast called Samara. It´s tiny, but unbelievably beautiful. It's a total hippie town, which is kind of cool. There are some expats here that said they came here to surf and hang out 30 years ago, never left and it hasn´t changed much since then. I´m pretty sure that´s just the way they like it. I stayed in a treehouse last night! It was the coolest little hostel I've ever been in. It is also ridiculously hot here. SE Asia was hot, but we were there in Oct. Let me tell you it doesn´t even come close to Central America in May. It is 8am here right now, and it is already 35 degrees out. Yesterday we reached a high of 45/46. Add to that crazy humidity and whew!

I can´t spend a long time on this note, there's no internet cafe here and I'm borrowing the Hostels computer. She didn´t want to let me use it, but when I said I wanted to send my Mom a mothers day note, she said of course! You gotta love Catholic countries, see how well I´ve learned to use that built-in guilt to my advantage!

My bolding....yep, that's my son!! :cryingwlaughter:

I miss Clay soooooooooo bad!!! :(

ETA: yes, bottlecap, thank you!! That's the one!!

I could not wait for this am to download the songs. He was fantastic and looked great. I think the best he has looked in a long time. Those Getty pictures are wonderful.

My kids are coming over at 6pm and cooking ang grilling my dinner. I just got back from a bike ride. Here in Michigan it is a little cold. I had three layers on to ride. We managed to do 30 miles but the winds were in mid 20's so that was enough.

Scarlett I just watched your America video...Wow..thank you. I hadn't realized how much Clay actually did sing during that performance.

Scarlett,

Thanks for the vids that I'm downloading now. :wetkiss: (or whatever the code may be, lol)

Clay looks great in the pix. Just getting to see them now.

:Boss:

From butterflyshine @ OFC:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eee...i just checked my voicemail...and it was a cellcert of Clay singing Unchained Melody...it is so wonderful...it brings chills...eeeeeee....eeeeee.....

Now how do we get this????

Haven't had a chance to catch up or see/hear about last night yet, but from the looks of the new banner, I'd say it was a success! Not that I'd expect anything less. :flirtysmile3:

Wishing a Very Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers, grandmothers, daughters, granddaughters, aunts, nieces, friends, etc. here at FCA!

The Mom Song

:bighug::openflower3::bighug::openflower3::bighug:

So sorry your flight was delayed, couchie! *I was too sleepy to suggest that you call PerusingOne before leaving -- she could have told you where your airplane was coming from and whether or not it had already left*

Thanks again, FCA, for all the good luck wishes. I'm uploading America directly to Evangeline -- lots of cute Clay parts in it!

Artquest and I were saying last night that we so miss doing this. It was wonderful to once again have a taste of what we enjoyed throughout these years -- the announcement, the frenzied ticket-buying, the angst, the ticketmaster snafus, the websites we took down (they never learn), then the day of the show arrives and there's the pre-show excitement, pre-concert gatherings, more stress & anxiety about getting into the venue on time and with all our "stuff", finding seats, swapping & re-swapping & upgrading, checking out phones and testing cellcert connections, and then... just watching him on that stage doing what he's meant to do, looking and sounding better than he ever did before (I swear, each concert I think he improves something!), pure bliss for those few choice minutes... and it's over all too soon, especially last night... and then re-living the concert by telling & re-telling it with friends and downloading Clack...recaps and recap rebuttals.... until the next one. I hope it won't be too long before we can do this again. I so loved being there last night but we need more!!!

Scarlett... Thank you and Artquest for bringing back the clack and the memories!!! I sooo appreciate all you have always done to make clack available for those of us who can't go and even those who can and want/need to treasure the memories. All clack gathers... :clap: and :BlowKiss:

cindi... nice banner!

Wishing a
Very Happy Mother's Day
to all the wonderful mothers, grandmothers, daughters, granddaughters, aunts, nieces, friends, etc. here at FCA!

:bighug::openflower3::bighug::openflower3::bighug:

I have watched that MOM video before, it is brilliant, but your link has the lyrics which makes it even better! Thanks for posting it! What a hoot! :clap::hahaha::cryingwlaughter:

p.s. hope your newest baby is on his best behavior for his mom today!!

I read that cotton has video of UM but wont' be able to upload it until Tuesday.

But someone posted at CH that they had talked to her by phone, and she didn't have it. :cry4:

(She has show video, but not UM.)

Thank you Scarlett for the great Clack. It was a nice surprise to find it waiting this morning.

How great it is to see OMC looking so relaxed and happy and singing again.

Butterflyshine at OFC posted that she had a voice mail on her phone of UM and it was incredible.

If anyone knows how she can get it off her phone and into an MP3 that can be posted, for the sake of us all, please let her know.

From Oldmoviegal at CH

Quick report, tapped out on my iPod...I missed the show because I was at Donny & Marie, so was glad to read about it this morn. I was at the dinner tho, and when I saw Jerome at about 12:30, my heart almost stopped for a minute! The crowd at RM Seafood was mostly serious foodies but the word was that the show was amazing, and tho I didn't want too get too gushy asking about Clay, people were quite complimentary about him across the board.

Late in the night, people started going up to the piano ans singing. Brian McN was good, there were some people I didn't recognize. Rick Moonen (owner of RM) said that David was grabbing a bite to eat -- and eventually he arrived & played the theme from St. Elmos Fire and then led a crowd singalong of Hard To Say I'm Sorry. Then he said, Wheres Clay, get Clay up here, I want him to sing. Crowd roared, and within a minute there he was!

I was right in front about four feet away -- almost blindingly gorgeous, black jacket white shirt tie and what looked like jeans. Hair unspiked. David started playing UM and Clay asked him, What key are you in. Then proceeded to sing a flawless, gorgeous version of song. I got no clack, sorry to say, but lots of people had cameras so maybe one of them was a fan. Anyway, near end of song, David kept playing and Clay said to him as an aside, I just sang the last verse, so I think I'm done! And just like that, he was gone.

Like I said, crowd of mostly food types, but there was serious excitement for Clay, and he got a huge ovation. Even when David first appeared, he got a nice response. But with Clay it was a roar, serious electricity, lots of people crowding into the small space to watch him. Total star treatment, and he totally delivered. Looked and sounded magnificent.

More details when I'm back home on Tuesday night, but as ted to report from (literally) the front line. Excellent experience! Can't wait to see the stuff from the show!

This is cool to hear...the response to Clay that is.

We gotta figure out how to get UM off of Butterflyshine's phone. I wonder who sent it to her. Obviously THAT person has the original version.

I read that cotton has video of UM but wont' be able to upload it until Tuesday.

But someone posted at CH that they had talked to her by phone, and she didn't have it. :cry4:

(She has show video, but not UM.)

I was assuming that Cotton only had the show but wasn't at the afterparty.

ETA: Did Yollie only get parts of stuff?

All the pictures and screencaps are great, but for some reason no one has made a screencap of Scarlett's close-up when Clay bit his lip... OMG... I want that. Anyone???

Great jumbotron shots, Scarlett! Thanks!

My faves, so far... I LOVE his hair!

DavidFosterFriendsConcertDgOgLRxYUZ.jpg

DavidFosterFriendsConcertqnmQa9_nI0.jpg

GAH!!!

I'm back, and I've seen only some of the clack. However, as the total antithesis of keepingfaith who knows and loves all three songs Clay did (not to mention most of the other songs sang last night), I've jsut got to say...

Guh. He sounded fantastic, and looked amazing. I really wish I could have been there to see it in person.

A big MUAH to Scarlett for her faboo clack, and a MUAH to artquest for switching seats with her.

Speaking of which...from the CH:

Hey, Clack House!

I'm back in L.A., back to an Internet connection with a real keyboard, and caught up on all the posts. This was a true whirl wind weekend - I was even less than 24 hours in the short-term parking at the Burbank Airport, but it couldn't have been more fun. Saw old friends, met new ones, had the usual Clay time we perfected at Spam:

Eat

See Clay

Look at Clack

Sleep

Eat

etc.

It's a good thing this didn't go on much longer or I'd be a lot heavier.

The seat I got from Scarlett was awesome and totally exposed. It would never have worked for her, but the view was incredible. Even doing the cellcert I had to be a little careful what I said about the camera check: when GBB asked me about security, security was standing right behind me. Gulp.

So the show was a real treat. I might consider seeing it the next time even if Clay wasn't in it. Too much fun. Everybody got about the same amount of time on stage. I think maybe even Charise got three songs.

I always like more Clay 'coss you can never get enough Clay Aiken, but I wasn't very disappointed. It also looks like he had three songs no matter how you count it, since he sang UM at the after party. About the same as all the other guests. I'm thinking he was added later when it was clear he'd recovered enough to be able to sing, because he is family and he is entertaining and he will sell tickets. I think this is a nice rebuttal to comments I've read about why didn't David do this for Clay or that for Clay.

The show moved at a pretty high velocity, other than the audience participation bit. And in a move that shows there's still justice in the world, the lounge singer guy from the audience climbed over the first row of seats to get back to his own and fell directly on his manhood. Ouch. And heh.

I posted last night how gorgeous and manly and handsome Clay looked. If you've seen the video, you know what I mean. He's come into his looks (with a little help) in a splendid way. And I am so happy to have the gorgeous photos that have already appeared, with more to come. My calendar file is already bigger this year than last. Go, Clay, go. (tm Papa)

ETAnswer the question about standing ovations: Most people got something. David got the most. Cherise next. Clay and McKnight about the same as each other; everybody else less. It was easy to see from my elevation.

ETA again: For those who didn't listen to the cellcert, we decided that Clay had to take a pee. He leaned over to Heather to let her know he was leaving, and then left. After the show, from my lovely seat, we could see Clay backstage talking to lots of folks, so whatever it was, it didn't last long. And to also repeat what ncgurrl observe, there's no way Jaymes is six month pregnant. None.

ETA: liney, is this what you are looking for?

090509_DavidFosterAndFriends_GOL-1.png