#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

has tons of pictures (without watermarks) from the show last night.

Thanks for that link, some great shots.... Cher.. well I am speechless and Donny Osmond, OMG he is ageless!

I've also just watched all Charice's performances on YT (wow she had quite a few) and she looks older and performs with so much confidence. Her voice sounded great but I've heard her in better form. Yeah I know I sound like an anxious auntie but I want so much for her to do well, not just because I've been following her career from the start but also because she is an inspiration to young people everywhere, especially those who start life behind the 8 ball. Didn't like that red in her hair though. LOL the ex-pat contingent from the Philippines sure made themselves heard!

Did I say something about red hair? Now, when it's Clay Aiken's hair au naturelle it looks just superb. I've never seen him look better or healthier. Whatever he's been putting in his drinking water... it's working...!!

has tons of pictures (without watermarks) from the show last night.

Thanks for that link, some great shots.... Cher.. well I am speechless and Donny Osmond, OMG he is ageless!

I've also just watched all Charice's performances on YT (wow she had quite a few) and she looks older and performs with so much confidence. Her voice sounded great but I've heard her in better form. Yeah I know I sound like an anxious auntie but I want so much for her to do well, not just because I've been following her career from the start but also because she is an inspiration to young people everywhere, especially those who start life behind the 8 ball. Didn't like that red in her hair though. LOL the ex-pat contingent from the Philippines sure made themselves heard!

Did I say something about red hair? Now, when it's Clay Aiken's hair au naturelle it looks just superb. I've never seen him look better or healthier. Whatever he's been putting in his drinking water... it's working...!!

That glorious red hair reminded me of L.M. Montgomery's novel turned TV mini-series Anne of Green Gables, and a sweet teenager who had waist-length curly strawberry gold hair during my Chefoo dorm-school days. Must be for very extraordinary people! :clap:

Some more recaps from CV:

:hello:

THIS IS COTTON, NOT YMARIE! :giggle:

I'm headed off to bed - flight at 6:05 AM!!!

I'll have to wait till I get home to upload the medley. ymarie's computer didn't like my card reader. :)

Plus, I'm really really tired after being up until 4 this morning! Ack!

The show last night was wonderful! Great music. Great variety. David is funny and genuine and MAN, can he play the PI-anner!!!

I enjoyed every single act, even opera lady, though I'm not an opera fan. She has a voice that shouldn't be coming out of her petite body and had stage presence. (I'm sure the men in the audience suddenly found an affinity for opera!) :giggle:

Charise is one more powerhouse in another tiny body! I loved David's intro of CLay, loved Clay's performance, what he was wearing, how comfortable he was on stage joking with David. I loved the tension in his body - his foot and leg rising as he reached for the peaks in the performance. I hope that shows in the Clack.

The surprise guests were a kick! I found I loved Donnie's wonderful voice! Never really listened to Donnie. Maybe I'll buy an album.

Cher looked great! She looked like CHER! It was a quick, fun, warm "drop in". I just wish she'd had time/inclination to sing. Even though there wasn't enough time for everything as it was.

Seeing Paul Anka was a real treat! He was right their with Neil Sedaka and the sound track of my teen years. He looks and sound amazing! What fun!

I loved, loved, loved America's Song! Clay and Heather and P. Bailey sounded wonderful on the opening and the cast and choir just added to the pageantry of the song and its origin.

I came away with an appreciation of DF. I liked him as it was, but he just seems so comfortable in his skin, in his talent, welcomes others in. He just seems a very nice, very talented man who has made his place in the world with so much music.

Of course, I would have liked to see more Clay. You can never get enough Clay Aiken! But I'm so glad I came. What a marvelous show!

It was great to reconnect with and meet Clay friends! ymarie is a generous hostess and I really enjoyed my "hotel"! :)

(Good to see, demeter, too, :hello: as we were at the same "hotel"!)

Life is short. You gotta grab your good times while you can!

Good Night! Another v.v. long travel day tomorrow!

:offtobed:

Hi all - finally home and haven't had time to read everything.

Last night was amazing. The crowd going in was very close and took forever. That place is very poorly planned,

but once in it was a great venue. We had seats on the side on the 2nd row next to the stage and I've never

been that close.

I was getting dizzy with all the surprise guests - Peter Cincotti was ok- I downloaded his CD and wasn't thrilled

with it, but David is promoting him. I enjoyed his piano playing more than his voice. Brian M was wonderful

and I loved his singing with his very talented and cute sons. Heather Headley is amazing - love her.

It goes on and on. I think they ran out of time because of the many surprise guests and the late start at

8:30 waiting for all to come in. I enjoyed the older rocker, but can't remember who he fronted.

I had no idea that David Foster had written so many wonderful songs - he is a legend!

When Clay came out I have to admit I went into a fog - he looked so

handsome!!! I wish he had been able to sing a full song, but any Clay is worth the trip for me.

He just lights up the room for me. This show was really about David and all the songs and

people he has worked with. I was disappointed for a minute, but realized quickly this wasn't

a Clay concert - Damn and it wasn't about him. Although, I think Donny Osmond is talented

I would have rather had Clay singing UM than Donny singing a Michael Buble song.

I thought Clay got a great reception and NO MENTION of AI which I LOVED. The crowd

was so packed with Charise fans I was glad he was so appreciated.

We saw Jaymes come in after Heather sang. She was standing

to the side until she finished and then sat in the front row.

Cher on the jumbo tran personally scared me - she didn't even look like herself - too many things

lifted. I know this is her signature, but that outfit was just too much. I was relieved when she

didn't sing as I knew they were running out of time and I was waiting for UM. Then Charise came

out - yes, she is a little pkg of talent, but somehow the songs she was singing seemed weird for

a little 16 yr old girl. I was probably alone, but after 2 belting songs I was ready for something

else. Oprah is really pushing her and so is David so I'm sure she will be successful and she has

the talent.

All in all, it was a fun packed show - certainly worth the money and then I won 188.00 on a

penny shot machine after the concert! Yeah me. I was drinking a margarita at 3 AM in TGIF

with friends and then up to drive home. I'm so happy I went and looking forward to other

recaps. I'm too tired to make sense, but thought I'd try - maybe, tomorrow I'll get it

together.

Did I say Clay looked AMAZING - loved loved loved his hairstyle. He gets better with

age!

Again, I am so enjoying all the recaps and pictures from this weekend. He sure is gorgeous and makes me want a concert evenmore. Love him.

You know I am always talking about how I ski and ride my bike alot and have been doing that for over 35 years. I have always had somewhat of a problem with me weight. Even when I was young it took alot for me to stay thin. When I went to the doctor in January for my arm my blood pressure was up. He said to me that telling me to exercise probably would not mean much but he suggested I try to loose some weight to see if it will help. Well I took the challenge and my BP was 106/66 at my physical last week and I am down 50#. I love being able to get back into my size 6 clothes again. Now I have to keep it off. I still would like to loose 10 more pounds.

On call for work so heading out to our Library to set things up for our book sale this week.

I'm hoooome from my wonderful week-end visiting with Clay friends and seeing my HAWT or as Toni says f*cking gorgeous boyfriend. I won't mention any names of all the wonderful ladies I ate with, talked to, Eeeeeed with as I might forget someone as I don't have a memory for sh*t anymore. But, I do remember how awesome Clay looked & sang. The hair. OMG!! It was perfection. This color looks soooo GOOD on him, probably because it is close to his natural hair color. His singing was - there just are no words. He looked so comfortable up there. I basically enjoyed the whole show. I would have loved to have had more Clay but I knew it wasn't a Clay show from the get go so I wasn't too disappointed. I could have done without the opera lady but overall it was really good. I would do it again in a heart beat. I thought Cher looked reeaaaly good for a lady her age. I would kill for a body like that!!!

When they did the finale song Clay started out singing alone, briefly, then the others came in but I could still hear his voice harmony part most of the way through the whole song. His tone was beautiful. The one thought that crossed my mind afterwards was I had heard so many good voices from the Canadian Tenors to Donny Osmond and I still love Clay's the best. No other voice out there no matter how good affects me the way his does.

No, it's not technically perfect, or trained, but I love the tone, even the way he pronounces his R'rrrrs sort of hard, and the southern thing he does of dropping the er and making it an a in some words. His voice is just so distinctive. Hearing him sing just made me want a tour more!! I'm ready for a road trip ya'll. Gotta run, work calls just want to thank ymarie & eleid, & demeter for doing all you did to make it a wonderful fun time with Clay friends !!

Did I say he looked f*cking gorgeous!!

Nice recap ncgran4clay.

It seems like the people who were actually at the concert had a great time. It's just some of those who didn't go that were disappointed. :shrug:

Although we may never hear that version of UM, I'm glad some fans were there too.

From Scarlett's video, it looked like Clay may be babying his jaw a little, which is absolutely understandable. If I'm correct, I hope he will be comfortable with it soon, if I'm wrong, which is highly probable, oops!!

Just got back from errands. I lost the 50# since Jan. 1st. I am on a 1000-1200cal/day diet. That is hard for me since I love chocolate. During Lent I gave up chocolate so that helped. The last couple of weeks I have only lost three pounds because I have been to about 4 thank you dinners for the end of the year stuff. I know these last 10# are going to take awhile. But I am determined to do it. It does not help when two of my sister are tiny and always have been. They wear size 0 and 2 clothes. But they also have never dieted in their life, they just do not gain. My other sister is like me, she is always worken hard at it. I think she wears a size 10, but is 4 inches taller than me. I am 5ft. tall so even a small amount of weight gain shows.

Congrats, gbmifan! Wow! That's fantastic!

Thanks to everyone who has written or brought over recaps. It's been great to read about the excitement and fun of hearing Clay live again!

I'm hoooome from my wonderful week-end visiting with Clay friends and seeing my HAWT or as Toni says f*cking gorgeous boyfriend. I won't mention any names of all the wonderful ladies I ate with, talked to, Eeeeeed with as I might forget someone as I don't have a memory for sh*t anymore. But, I do remember how awesome Clay looked & sang. The hair. OMG!! It was perfection. This color looks soooo GOOD on him, probably because it is close to his natural hair color. His singing was - there just are no words. He looked so comfortable up there. I basically enjoyed the whole show. I would have loved to have had more Clay but I knew it wasn't a Clay show from the get go so I wasn't too disappointed. I could have done without the opera lady but overall it was really good. I would do it again in a heart beat. I thought Cher looked reeaaaly good for a lady her age. I would kill for a body like that!!!

When they did the finale song Clay started out singing alone, briefly, then the others came in but I could still hear his voice harmony part most of the way through the whole song. His tone was beautiful. The one thought that crossed my mind afterwards was I had heard so many good voices from the Canadian Tenors to Donny Osmond and I still love Clay's the best. No other voice out there no matter how good affects me the way his does.

No, it's not technically perfect, or trained, but I love the tone, even the way he pronounces his R'rrrrs sort of hard, and the southern thing he does of dropping the er and making it an a in some words. His voice is just so distinctive. Hearing him sing just made me want a tour more!! I'm ready for a road trip ya'll. Gotta run, work calls just want to thank ymarie & eleid, & demeter for doing all you did to make it a wonderful fun time with Clay friends !!

Did I say he looked f*cking gorgeous!!

I was going to write a longer recap but ncgran4clay said it so well!!! :perfect10:

Y'all know what it's like to have a song stuck in your head all day? How about just a snippet of a song?!!! :whee:

But the thing is, I don't want to get unstuck! :bliss2-1:

ETA: Way to go gbmifan! :thumbup:

ETAA: Yay for a great recap from KAndre!!! :confetti2:

cherat63.jpgcherat632of2.jpg

Cher is 63 (on May 20)

Personally, I never liked her outfits unless they were part of her concert, i.e. when she was performing, but that's my conservative side. But there's no one quite like Cher, I guess.

I can't believe that Cher will be 63 years old. I saw her when I was 15 at a local teen venue. She was with Sony and I was in the front row. It was standing room only, but we were young and was having so much fun. I sure could not of wore that outfit in 92, and for sure now. I do wonder how many surgeries she has had to look like she does.

Cher is 63 (on May 20)

Personally, I never liked her outfits unless they were part of her concert, i.e. when she was performing, but that's my conservative side. But there's no one quite like Cher, I guess.

OMG How did you get those pics of me?

post-292-1242089366_thumb.jpg

Remember my friend who had the preemie that weighed 1lb 3oz. Well here she is on her first Mother's Day. The tea cup is one of those giant ones from WalMart. Maggie is now 12lbs.

Awww, Maggie is absolutely adorable, merrieeee! Looks like she's doing quite well. :)

p.s. hope your newest baby is on his best behavior for his mom today!!

"Best behavior"? I don't think he knows the meaning of those words!! :hahaha: Now "doggie biscuit" he knows and will do just about anything for... he's getting big ~15 lbs.

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

Thanks to all for the recaps & the Clack! :BlowKiss: Clay looked & sounded grrrrrreat! :clap:

Cher is 63 (on May 20)

OMG How did you get those pics of me?

I stole them from another forum that had nothing to do with you, I mean Cher, so I figured they belonged in this one as well. :hahaha:

ETA: annabear I think with a face like that, your baby can get away with anything...

ncgran... nice recap :clap:

Scarlett... I believe it was the first song that he kept my heart going pitty pat witht he way he sang "way/say/day" etc. GAH!!!

gbmifan... Way to go. It's great to let all those pounds go elsewhere, huh! It took me a year, tho! :thumbup:

KAndre... :clap::clap: Love your recap! Sounds like you and Tim had fun with each other. Sometimes chance met friends are the bestest.

post-292-1242089366_thumb.jpg

Remember my friend who had the preemie that weighed 1lb 3oz. Well here she is on her first Mother's Day. The tea cup is one of those giant ones from WalMart. Maggie is now 12lbs.

merrieeee.... what a cutie! People magazine had a spead on tiny preemies like Maggie and how big and healthy they are now at ages 20-21ish. Maybe your friends would like a copy.

couchie... sorry... I didn't see your post until 2:30ish... very late lunch for me!

He looked so gorgeous in Vegas. I hope he knows how he did his hair cause I'd be very happy if he never changed a thing ever again...

yeah, like that's gonna happen! :hahaha:

what a cutie! People magazine had a spead on tiny preemies like Maggie and how big and healthy they are now at ages 20-21ish. Maybe your friends would like a copy.

liney....where can I find a copy? Do you know the date?

There maybe Clack of UM..from angelty at CV:

Now here's some maybe good news. stilltheone (hi Dee )grabbed a guy who was videotaping it (UM) and begged him to send her a copy. He said he would, so cross your fingers and hope he comes through. He said he couldn't send it until this week...let's hope. Thank you Dee.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sun shining, birds singing, Clay looking and sounding gorgeous...all's right with the world...and....

2 Days until Clay's Unforgettable Performance on 30 Rock! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

what a cutie! People magazine had a spead on tiny preemies like Maggie and how big and healthy they are now at ages 20-21ish. Maybe your friends would like a copy.

liney....where can I find a copy? Do you know the date?

There maybe Clack of UM..from angelty at CV:

Now here's some maybe good news. stilltheone (hi Dee )grabbed a guy who was videotaping it (UM) and begged him to send her a copy. He said he would, so cross your fingers and hope he comes through. He said he couldn't send it until this week...let's hope. Thank you Dee.

merrieeee.... it's the current issue with Kirsty Alley on the cover, page 78. May 18th is the date, but the new one comes out on Thursday in most places. Wherever you usually see People magazine. If you can't find one, let me know. I usually give my allready been read issues to my DIL, but I can send this one to you if needed.

There should be new clack by tonight. Cotton and BFS said they would get their clack out on Tuesday, so.... I am sending out vibes that the UM videographer is a good guy and sends his UM to Dee asap. :praying: