#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

I dunno, Scarlett's Clack is superb, but I don't want to start grading anybody's efforts - a lot depends on seating and opportunity.

I give them all A's!

Totally agree with this. Scarlett's clack is great (she knows how I feel about her) BUT this is not an easy thing to do.

People give up their full experience whether it be the gala or concert etc. to get this for us. Every effort that all of our clackgatherers make is appreciated and each may give you a different perspective on the performance. Thank you to all who gather clack, you are very much appreciated.

I agree djs, all the clack we can get is great! Some people are already commenting that their clack is not good enough. I hope they remember that the sideway's clack was the first. I like it all.

I missed a lot being out this afternoon. An abundance of clack.

Another thing about Clack is that it is taken from the Clack gatherers individual taste. Some like to video only Clay's face, others his whole body and even others like to take in the whole scene. So it really is what you personally like.

Who knew that "rubber" would be my favorite word of the year.

(I love a man who talks rubber.)

I dunno, Scarlett's Clack is superb, but I don't want to start grading anybody's efforts - a lot depends on seating and opportunity.

I give them all A's!

Totally agree with this. Scarlett's clack is great (she knows how I feel about her) BUT this is not an easy thing to do.

People give up their full experience whether it be the gala or concert etc. to get this for us. Every effort that all of our clackgatherers make is appreciated and each may give you a different perspective on the performance. Thank you to all who gather clack, you are very much appreciated.

Amen, and Amen!! :clap:

And thankyouthankyouthank you, merrieeee for bringing the Kenneth's cousin caps! :bighug:

I don't want to start grading anybody's efforts - a lot depends on seating and opportunity. I give them all A's!

this is not an easy thing to do. People give up their full experience whether it be the gala or concert etc. to get this for us. Every effort that all of our clackgatherers make is appreciated and each may give you a different perspective on the performance. Thank you to all who gather clack, you are very much appreciated.

ITTTA, djs and gg! Just getting something and uploading it to share with all the other fans is a HUGE thing! One clip is one shot from one perspective; you're basically looking at what that particular clackgatherer wanted to see. I loved the JBT when we were able to bring and distribute 2 or 3 cameras each, handing them to people who had never taken clack and who then got "bitten" by the clack-gathering bug and are now bringing back beautiful clips from venues where we might not have had any at all. Also, it's important to let every single person who takes Clack know that their efforts are appreciated! One day, a person may be the only one in a position to film something important (who knows? cough!wardrobemalfunctioncough!cough!) but if they didn't feel they could do a good job they could just think, "What's the use? Someone else will take better clack so maybe I shouldn't even try." There are never enough clackgatherers and yesterday's newbie will be tomorrow's expert. Maybe someone was at that Seafood dinner thing but thought, "My camera's not too great! I'll just leave it to the experts." *cries*

post-292-1242169847_thumb.jpg

Where did this one come from??? It's Clay and DF, but not from his performance at the main show.

It is from the after party where he sang UM.

Who knew that "rubber" would be my favorite word of the year.

Yeah wanda and it's all bendy too!

Ha talking about rubber...wanna chicken?

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/news/...l-pa_19113.html

I don't want to start grading anybody's efforts - a lot depends on seating and opportunity. I give them all A's!

this is not an easy thing to do. People give up their full experience whether it be the gala or concert etc. to get this for us. Every effort that all of our clackgatherers make is appreciated and each may give you a different perspective on the performance. Thank you to all who gather clack, you are very much appreciated.

ITTTA, djs and gg! Just getting something and uploading it to share with all the other fans is a HUGE thing! One clip is one shot from one perspective; you're basically looking at what that particular clackgatherer wanted to see. I loved the JBT when we were able to bring and distribute 2 or 3 cameras each, handing them to people who had never taken clack and who then got "bitten" by the clack-gathering bug and are now bringing back beautiful clips from venues where we might not have had any at all. Also, it's important to let every single person who takes Clack know that their efforts are appreciated! One day, a person may be the only one in a position to film something important (who knows? cough!wardrobemalfunctioncough!cough!) but if they didn't feel they could do a good job they could just think, "What's the use? Someone else will take better clack so maybe I shouldn't even try." There are never enough clackgatherers and yesterday's newbie will be tomorrow's expert. Maybe someone was at that Seafood dinner thing but thought, "My camera's not too great! I'll just leave it to the experts." *cries*

Yessss thank you. Too many times you see people denigrating their clack when, as you say, they may have something no one else caught (my mantra). All clack is good clack and is soooo appreciated.

Love the clack discussion. ITA! Love that the rubber chicken already has 9 bids! Love Clay's answers & blog at the OFC. :wub:

Thanks to merrieeee for thinking of us northern folk with those screen caps. :BlowKiss:

Busy day here, son #2 had a guitar recital this evening. Tomorrow will be equally busy with guitar lessons and son #1's season opening game, Thursday we have more baseball, lots of season finales, and 30 Rock! I look forward to the long weekend ahead so I can relax. :cryingwlaughter:

Love the clack discussion. ITA! Love that the rubber chicken already has 9 bids! Love Clay's answers & blog at the OFC. :wub:

Thanks to merrieeee for thinking of us northern folk with those screen caps. :BlowKiss:

Busy day here, son #2 had a guitar recital this evening. Tomorrow will be equally busy with guitar lessons and son #1's season opening game, Thursday we have more baseball, lots of season finales, and 30 Rock! I look forward to the long weekend ahead so I can relax. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm sure you meant relax by watching wonderful Asheville clack from all our generous and prolific clackgatherers. :cryingwlaughter:

Article announcing the Ebay auction mentioned by merrieeee (with a cute picture!):

Clay Aiken, Matthew Broderick, Bette Midler, et al. Part of Actors' Fund Auction of 1000 Stars

Clay Aiken, Matthew Broderick, Bette Midler, et al. Part of Actors' Fund Auction of 1000 Stars

By: Brian Scott Lipton · May 12, 2009 · New York

The Actors' Fund has just launched their Spring Auction of 1000 Stars on eBay to run through May 21.

Items up for bid include the chance to meet Matthew Broderick backstage at The Philanthropist, a trip to Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas to see Bette Midler's show, a rubber chicken autographed by Clay Aiken, VIP tickets to Andre Bocelli's concert at Madison Square Garden, seats to the 2009 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall, and more.

For more information, visit www.ebay.com/theactorsfund.

Where did this one come from??? It's Clay and DF, but not from his performance at the main show.

I thought so. All I've seen so far are four photos from GrannyM. Are there more out there somewhere?? :lilredani:

I thought so. All I've seen so far are four photos from GrannyM. Are there more out there somewhere?? :lilredani:

That's all I've seen so far but be assured if I see any more I will bring them over faster than a kitten chasing.......

By the way, a belated "thank you" to Scarlett, for the great clack of Clay at David Foster's concert. Your's was THE best, at showing Clay as the handsome, funny, talented man that he is!
Oh, I got caught up in the discussion and forgot say thank you, whatavoice! It was so nice to read your kind words -- seems that you and I like the same "sides" of Clay. :thankyou:

ETA: Too cute!!!

Same preview this site says:

Clay Aiken and Kenneth Parcell are cousins! That twist sort of wrote itself when Clay's manager called Tina Fey, but it's 30 Rock, so it's fine

30 Rock Preview

OMG he is too cute and he looks like he is having a real good time...IYKWIMAITYD (Sorry Clay)

New Montage by SueRue...Beautiful Boy Revisited:

http://www.youshare.com/SueReu/4bc37c0edd7a2f1c.flv.html

(no need to download; just watch the video!)

Kim

aikim... Thank you... that was beautiful to watch!

His Mother Teresa quote was definitely in answer to the stupid tabloidy "snubbed by AI" stories. Altho, Clay does a great job rolling his eyes on 30 Rock, I think I could give him a run for his money over these stupid stories. Geesh!

I loved his answer about teens using a rubber (how old are you, Clay??? :cryingwlaughter: ). Someone said that he was getting away from being family friendly... to me teaching teens that if you can't abstain, then having safe, protected sex is a must is pretty dang family friendly! I read somewhere that 80% of people in prisons were from unwanted pregnancies.

muski... no, I don't think you ever said just how sexy you think a man is who is dressed up with his tie loose like that... :hahaha: I can guess, tho! :tasty:

Clay also asked a question in the "Clay Asks a question thread"...he wants to know what everyone does for a living.

Disappointed in the back of the lanyard, not what I was expecting or something I will use.

Love when he answers questions

His blog...probably the only response he is going to give re the article in the NE...he is successful..some people hate him for it...he could give a rat's ass.

30 Rock...only watched it once...didn't think it was funny...was hoping for something more original than Kenny's Cousin...but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and be glued to my TV on Thursday.

Kim

Could someone please explain WTH y'all are talking about?? If you don't want it on the baord, please PM me? Makes me crazy when people do that (not pointing at you, Kim).

post-292-1242170038_thumb.jpgpost-292-1242170046_thumb.jpg

post-292-1242170053_thumb.jpgpost-292-1242169847_thumb.jpg

Screencaps for our videolly challenged friends up north!

Thank you! Thank you!! Neither of the two videos will work. :(

FromClaygary, the National Enquirer is running a story this week about Clay's visit to the AI set a few weeks ago. Said he was expecting the "red carpet" to be put out for him, and was expecting to mentor the contestants, especially Adam (because, donchaknow, the gay guy has to mentor the gay guy). Whatever.

I loved his blog, even if it ISN'T about the above story...because it is a great quote....

Clay as Kenny's cousin? Not surprised, and quite happy about that actually. Very much looking forward to seeing this Thursday night!

FromClaygary, the National Enquirer is running a story this week about Clay's visit to the AI set a few weeks ago. Said he was expecting the "red carpet" to be put out for him, and was expecting to mentor the contestants, especially Adam (because, donchaknow, the gay guy has to mentor the gay guy). Whatever.

I loved his blog, even if it ISN'T about the above story...because it is a great quote....

Clay as Kenny's cousin? Not surprised, and quite happy about that actually. Very much looking forward to seeing this Thursday night!

Thank you so much! What a bunch of idjits...I suspect the visit was all about seeing old friends, and showing pictures to said old friends. Period. :)

I'm looking forward to 30 Rock also! The more of Clay, the merrier I am. Great blog, answers, and what a great question from him! I love it!!