#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I'm sure Clay is well aware that his words will most certainly be picked up & spread around. I'm also sure he knows that most of the time it isn't necessarily "fans" who do the spreading. I agree that his thoughts regarding prop. 8 are one of the good things to be circulating. :)

Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

{{{preden}}} Hang in there. My special kid is graduating high school next week! I never thought I'd see the day.

Thanks! He's beginning a 29 week program in July in order to get him eventually a job. He gets so stressed out with anything new. I'm so thankful for special educator assigned to him.

Good luck to you & your son, preden. :hug:

And congratulations to you & your son, luckiest! :woohoo:

Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

{{{preden}}} Hang in there. My special kid is graduating high school next week! I never thought I'd see the day.

Thanks! He's beginning a 29 week program in July in order to get him eventually a job. He gets so stressed out with anything new. I'm so thankful for special educator assigned to him.

Good luck to you both!

luckiest...congrats to luckiestson2 on graduating from HS. He's come a long way...good for him!!! :clap:

preden, good luck to your boy too!

cindi..... :BlowKiss: for the banner!!!

Just reading back a couple of pages here...Even though I'm married to an Englishman, I cannot stand either Simon Cowell or Nigel Lithgoe, both of whom my husband refers to as "The kind of Brits who give us all a bad name!!" I no longer watch Idol (nor have I since Season 4) but I do love SYTYCD. Maybe because these dancers go on to Broadway shows, or Vegas or become choreographers and there isn't the nasty post-season fan crap to deal with. I think that's one reason I'm so interested in Reed. I love that he's a dancer, and after watching this show, you realize just how hard these kids work. He, obviously, loves Clay and I really hope it lasts for both of them. Must be damn difficult right now though, being away from each other. Sure hope they can endure.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Just wanted to say "Hi!"

hello FCA! I dont get to hop in here very often anymore..I dont have a computer so I focus on one clay website and stick there...

so im gonna update myself, if your on cv sorry for the repeat :)

I lost 21 lbs on WW as of this week, I had my first date last Saturday night which I totally set up to high standards for and ended up letdown..im in my own apartment, have a brand new niece born last month and one due in august :)

I think thats all...hey I can catch up on this thread...only 6 pages :) off to read!

What? Susan Boyle lost? LOL. My head has been buried in work all weekend and heard about it on my sports station today. This just ain't the year for front runners is it.

I honestly don't care that someone is stealing Clay's blogs. It's just a given and and it could be anyone. Honestly, it bothers me more that Clay fans are still following J P's every move and putting his name and Clay's together every chance they get. Nobody out there cares that Clay has a "stalker" and can't believe nothing has been learned in 6 years about Clay. He doesn't need to be defended to the death. It's just so annoying. It's nasty out there too. I totally agree about the fan wars Claymatron. I think that's a little of the reason I quit as well.

Congrats Smitten on your weight loss!! That's fantastic.

What was so sad about what Nigel said is that it was SO childish. He's like a sixteen year old boy still giggling over something he doesn't understand. I hate that he put the stain on the show - which is in most cases fabulous. Maybe he was behind all that Ryan/Simon nonsense.

Wow, cindilu2, GREAT banner!....and thanks for the June calendar which I stole :) from your Yuku site, it is awesome too! One of my favorite pictures...

SYTYCD...I watched it too, and thought it was disgusting. I didn't notice the music, but the "you might like it" comment blew my mind. Generally, Nigel is reasonably kind in his judgments on this show, and I like it much better than Idol; but he lost any respect I had for him the other night. Not that he knows or cares.

Finally home, I thought this day would never end!!! And I have a very early (6:30am) start tomorrow. Yikes!

And, Scarlett, Clay's name is in the blog's headline and is the first technorati tag. :)
Hee, Caro! The arguing back and forth and all the polls make no difference. People know who to link, quote and tag.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations luckiest son & smitten!!!

{{{preden}}} Hang in there! :thbighug-1:

ETA: Happy for you bottle. No packages so far for me, and I signed up twice!

Since I've dissed Clique many times, I feel like I should acknowledge them when they do something right. I didn't get the pin in my Year 4 package, and although it wasn't that big a deal, I did email them about it. I never heard anything back, so I didn't really have any expectations. Lo and behold, my pin came in the mail today. So Yah! Clique! Score one for customer service.

Good luck Preden!

Wow congratulations, smittenwithclay, those are some momentous events! Now that you have your own place I hope you are able to get a computer soon too.

Honestly, it bothers me more that Clay fans are still following J P's every move and putting his name and Clay's together every chance they get.

:yeahthat: Which is most likely what he wants. Ugh!

cindilu, the banner is stunning.

Congrats to luckiest1son!!

Good luck to preden and son as well.

*staples smitten to the board, except there's not nearly as much of her to staple* good job on the weight loss!

Other than that, I've got nuthin'. I do like that Clay's answer on Prop 8 is getting a little bit of play in the blogosphere.

I read at CH that Clay's Prop 8 answer has been lifted from his blog and is circulating around the blogosphere. On the one hand, I hate that people are taking comments from his private board and spreading them around. I would hate it if he stopped being so blunt and honest, because he realizes that the OFC isn't at all private. On the other hand, his comments were so well written and thought out, I kind of like that more people will read them. It will be interesting to see how far they spread.

The Carolina blog has been receiving steady hits from A Guy Named Brian. I followed the connecting link back from one of these many unexpected visitors. Brian linked to my blog with this line: "His response is articulate, nuanced, and thoughtful." I just checked the man's profile, and he is an editor in the communications/media field. Excellent blog!

And, Scarlett, Clay's name is in the blog's headline and is the first technorati tag. :)

Repeating ... awesome banner, cindilu2! :clap:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... thanks for the link!

cindi... I adore that graphic you did of the UNICEF stuff that goes into a color version one pic at a time. AWESOME!!!

hello FCA! I dont get to hop in here very often anymore..I dont have a computer so I focus on one clay website and stick there...

so im gonna update myself, if your on cv sorry for the repeat :)

I lost 21 lbs on WW as of this week, I had my first date last Saturday night which I totally set up to high standards for and ended up letdown..im in my own apartment, have a brand new niece born last month and one due in august :)

I think thats all...hey I can catch up on this thread...only 6 pages :) off to read!

smitten... :thbighug-1: Congrats on the apartement, the new neice and the 21 pounds less of you. At least you got your feet in the dating pool. Hope the next one is better! Hope you can visit more often!

My friend Rockys mom made us two new emoties:

:GM_FCA:

:lovebutt:

jmh... those ^^^ are absolutely adorable! Thank Rocky's mom for me, please! I love both of them, but that sun one made me smile big time!

aikim... wanna adopt the sun one for your countdown???

What? Susan Boyle lost? LOL. My head has been buried in work all weekend and heard about it on my sports station today. This just ain't the year for front runners is it.

I honestly don't care that someone is stealing Clay's blogs. It's just a given and and it could be anyone. Honestly, it bothers me more that Clay fans are still following J P's every move and putting his name and Clay's together every chance they get. Nobody out there cares that Clay has a "stalker" and can't believe nothing has been learned in 6 years about Clay. He doesn't need to be defended to the death. It's just so annoying. It's nasty out there too. I totally agree about the fan wars Claymatron. I think that's a little of the reason I quit as well.

Congrats Smitten on your weight loss!! That's fantastic.

What was so sad about what Nigel said is that it was SO childish. He's like a sixteen year old boy still giggling over something he doesn't understand. I hate that he put the stain on the show - which is in most cases fabulous. Maybe he was behind all that Ryan/Simon nonsense.

I have read Clay's blog on other sites a few times in the past years. TWOP use to post parts of them a lot until a MOD made them stop.

Speaking of Idol contestants and stalkers Diana from season 3 stalker is finanlly going to jail

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTB0bzljc.../29/669389.aspx

Australian Woman Sentenced For Cyber-Stalking âAmerican Idolâ Contestant

Pollstar Mon, 01 Jun 2009 00:36 AM PDT

Some people really need to get a life of their own. Like the woman recently sentenced in Australia for the online stalking of 2004 âAmerican Idolâ runner-up, Diana DeGarmo . 482625 The stalker is Tanya Maree Quattrocchi. The 23-year-old Australian pleaded guilty earlier this month to four charges of cyber-stalking after police arrested her for hacking into DeGarmoâs MySpace account and ...

Posted this at CV. It seems that E!Online has a poll and has filed it appropirately....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it cute that at the bottom of that article & poll, you see this announcement:

"filed under TOP STORIES, REALITY TV, POLLS, CLAY AIKEN, FEUDS, AMERICAN IDOL"?

(bolding mine)

Something missing? How many headlines does it take to warrant your own file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Adam has his own file, then he can have coat-tails. :imgtongue:

Wheeee, love the banner!

I read at CH that Clay's Prop 8 answer has been lifted from his blog and is circulating around the blogosphere. On the one hand, I hate that people are taking comments from his private board and spreading them around. I would hate it if he stopped being so blunt and honest, because he realizes that the OFC isn't at all private. On the other hand, his comments were so well written and thought out, I kind of like that more people will read them. It will be interesting to see how far they spread.

This is one case where I'm not minding Clay's post/blog being taken from the OFC.

The only good side to Clay's response to Prop, 8 being distributed to the blogosphere is that it really shows just how articulate, intelligent & thoughtful he is, and I think far too few people see this side of Clay, they only see the crap!!

Apparently these were comments posted on asswipe's site. Good things, except for that fact that one person sounded really surprised at Clay's intelligence. Your post made me think of the middle one. Why do people not get to see how smart Clay is or hear him speak so eloquently for a clause? All many get to hear about is lies and shit.

Very intelligent opinion. Learn from him Perez. This is a gay man that UNDERSTAND the power of the people. You wanted the people's vote to be reversed at yoyr cnvenience and when that didn't happen, like always, you cried like a baby. We do not live, (so far) in a totalitarian country we live in a country with laws, a democracy….We don't like bullies to tell us how to vote or think. I know you want USA to be Cuba in which the government dictates the way people must live..This is not the case. Clay just make you look like an inmature fool. And you are so fucking stupid you even publish his opinion.Wat a fool you are, pathetic!!!!

Wow! Clay is smarter than I thought he was. The courts should not decide this issue! I agree totally with Clay. We can't have judges overturning the will of the people. Go Clay!!!!!

As a conservative Republican, I have to say that not only do I agree with the vast majorityof what Mr. Aiken said, but I am also thrilled to see someone from the gay community finally address this issue with tact and rationality. If the members of the pro-gay marriage movement learn to carry themselves more like Clay Aiken and less like Perez Hilton, then I can almost guarantee that Prop.8 will come up on the ballot again and be defeated. And when it IS beaten, it will be a legitimate victory won by a fair vote and the will of the people, not through thuggery and unconstitutional court mandates.

This was posted by Notacanuck at the CH -

Clay and Ruben are still the champs in post-Idol single sales

http://www.idollive.net/2009/05/kris-and-a...k-sales-in.html

Quote:

Winners

1) Ruben Studdard, "Flying Without Wings / Superstar" - 286,000* - #2 (#2)

2) David Cook, "The Time of My Life" - 236,024 - #3 (#3)

3) Kelly Clarkson, "A Moment Like This / Before Your Love" - 236,000* - #1 (#52)

4) Taylor Hicks, "Do I Make You Proud / Takin' It to the Streets" - 190,147* - #1 (#1)

5) Fantasia, "I Believe / Chain of Fools / Summertime" - 142,141* - #1 (#1)

6) Kris Allen, "No Boundaries" - 134,458 - #11 (#11)

7) Carrie Underwood, "Inside Your Heaven / Independence Day" - 131,504* - #1 (#1)

8) Jordin Sparks, "This Is My Now" - 74,303 - #15 (#15)

Runners-Up

1) Clay Aiken, "This Is The Night / Bridge over Troubled Water" - 393,000* - #1 (#1)

2) Adam Lambert, "Mad World" - 114,763 - #19 (#19)

3) Bo Bice, "Inside Your Heaven / Vehicle" - 108,158* - #2 (#2)

4) David Archuleta, "Imagine" - 71,178 - #36 (#36)

5) Blake Lewis, "You Give Love a Bad Name" - 70,133 - #18 (#18)

6) Diana DeGarmo, "Dreams / Don't Cry Out Loud / I Believe" - 65,000* - #14 (#14)

7) Katharine McPhee, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / My Destiny" - 47,394* - #12 (#12)

On the Hot 100 side of things, Kris has the second-lowest debut on the chart for any winner (only ahead of Jordin's "This Is My Now") and Adam's highest-charting single is also the second-lowest debut for any runner up on the chart (ahead of David Archuleta's "Imagine").

-------------------------------------

:clap:

Bravo, Clay! A song comes to mind.....

You're simply the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone, anyone

and now I'll have Tina Turner in my head all day :)

I like this list better:

Idol First Singles Sales Rankings:

Winners/Runners-Up Combined

1) Clay Aiken, "This Is The Night / Bridge over Troubled Water" - 393,000 - #1 (#1)

2) Ruben Studdard, "Flying Without Wings / Superstar" - 286,000 - #2 (#2)

3) David Cook, "The Time of My Life" - 236,024 - #3 (#3)

4) Kelly Clarkson, "A Moment Like This / Before Your Love" - 236,000 - #1 (#52)

5) Taylor Hicks, "Do I Make You Proud / Takin' It to the Streets" - 190,147 - #1 (#1)

6) Fantasia, "I Believe / Chain of Fools / Summertime" - 142,141 - #1 (#1)

7) Kris Allen, "No Boundaries" - 134,458 - #11 (#11)

8) Carrie Underwood, "Inside Your Heaven / Independence Day" - 131,504 - #1 (#1)

9) Adam Lambert, "Mad World" - 114,763 - #19 (#19)

10) Bo Bice, "Inside Your Heaven / Vehicle" - 108,158 - #2 (#2)

11) Jordin Sparks, "This Is My Now" -74,303 - #15 (#15)

12) David Archuleta, "Imagine" - 71,178 - #36 (#36)

13) Blake Lewis, "You Give Love a Bad Name" - 70,133 - #18 (#18)

14) Diana DeGarmo, "Dreams / Don't Cry Out Loud / I Believe" - 65,000 - #14 (#14)

15) Katharine McPhee, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / My Destiny" - 47,394 - #12 (#12)

:offtobed:

:GM_FCA:

Overcast here today again and probably will get showers...seems to be the pattern lately. Yesterday when I got home from work my daughter mentioned there were little green caterpillars on my roses, so we spent a half hour pulling them off and then cutting off the buds they had eaten and damaged leaves. Then we sprayed the plants with an organic insecticide. I hope we got them all, the plants are just getting ready to bloom and I hated that I lost so many buds. First time I have ever had this problem with my roses.

137 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I've had a brain fart and I'm too lazy to look it up, so I thought I'd just ask.

What kind of terrier are Raleigh and Durham?

The reason I'm asking is that I went to the local Humane Society yesterday to drop off a bunch of Lily's cast-offs and they had a batch of puppies from a puppy mill. Two of them were Carin Terriers and I couldn't remember if that was Clay's brand or not.

Thanks for supporting an old memory bank. :imgtongue: