#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

It was a night to remember and cherish for all of us. It's hard to come away from an evening with Jerome and Clay and not feel like you've made a couple of new friends. But, alas, I'm still just a fan.

You know he would rather have been home relaxing than dining with strangers that night, but he graciously and generously fulfilled his promise to me and was a wonderful host.

Clay is to be lauded for his foundation for children. I encourage you to try to participate in a BAF fundraiser. There are treasures to be had at every price level, and it certainly is for a worthy cause.

This makes me very happy to read - a ringing endorsement from a happy donor. I'm glad she and her friends had such a wonderful time.

:GM_FCA:

Beautiful sunshiny day here; going to be in the 70's...I have a busy day...off to get my hair cut, than the bank; the garden center to get some flowers and then grocery shopping!

Loved reading about the Atlanta dinner, but I was so hoping he was there for career business...darn!

134 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

BTW, I tend to look like I'm always on because I tend to have a least one computer hooked to FCA - and to look like I'm actually always keeping an eye on you people...

Can't do Thai this week (anyhoo, aren't we meeting up with Kimiye at Linda's? Somebody call me tonight) - family issues abound. And I turned into a great-aunt yesterday. And am horrified. I must go out and do something hootchy immediately.

Wheeee, nice recap to wake up to this morning. Thanks for bringing it over!

I was listening to OMWH on the way to work (which I haven't done in a while) and OMFG, Sacrificial Love has the most gorgeous vocal, doesn't it? Just blew me away this morning. :wub:

I must say that those are some mighty fine pictures of Clay at the dinner. He does look very happy. I have been reading elsewhere that his career is in so much trouble. Nobody will take his singing seriously. I do not respond to these people because it is not worth it. He may not be in the spotlight right this minute, but I believe good things are on the way. Rose colored glasses maybe but I do not care.

As you know Sacrifical Love is one of my favorite songs from the CD. His vocals are beautiful on it. I listen to my concert CD's when I have my hour drive to work, but after each one is through I put in OMWH so I can hear some of my favorites. His voice is one of a kind.

Thanks for the recap. I think a lunch or dinner with Clay would be one of the best things ever! But probably not going to be in my future so I love these recaps. They're a real treat, just like when your roommate would bring home a doggy bag, after a date, at a really great restaurant. The pictures are like a nice dessert to top it all off. He looks delicious.

So, kimye is in town and there is talk of Thai food? Come on over here, I bet I know someone who knows how to whip up something really tasty. I have about 50 pairs of chopsticks in the kitchen drawer, too. Bring your own bowls....my stuff is still in a warehouse. I wanna have dinner with my eHP!!

No delivery date yet but it IS in Copenhagen. With nothing much left to do until it gets here, I've been work on more pix. I finished the ones from the Knoxville show of the SRHPT and uploaded them. I discovered a bunch of Houston ones that needed to be uploaded and now, I realize that I never did look at the ones from Asheville. I don't know what was going on with me then....clueless or what?

Here are some samples (some funny & some serious) from the Knoxville album....

554468570_Xmahz-L.jpg

552795346_PP89U-L.jpg

552805836_F6KKb-L.jpg

552894939_gREUs-L.jpg

552906842_8M3vG-L.jpg

554045273_JmL4Y-L.jpg

554428690_5h6Bd-L.jpg

554440898_nuiXg-L.jpg

554443671_YxYzp-L.jpg

554460723_fbc9N-L.jpg

554470563_XxPKM-L.jpg

554468141_3dPst-L.jpg

Oh, that was a lot.....me getting carried away again. The rest of the album is here......Knoxville Gallery

I've been keeping up with the old blog, too. Sally's Bored....(Duh! I fixed the link.)

:GM_FCA:

Beautiful sunshiny day here; going to be in the 70's...I have a busy day...off to get my hair cut, than the bank; the garden center to get some flowers and then grocery shopping!

Loved reading about the Atlanta dinner, but I was so hoping he was there for career business...darn!

134 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim... I LOVE seeing the sun come out on FCA every morning! Thank you so much for doing this and for the countdown every morning. :wetkissf:

Great to hear about the dinner with Clay and Jerome. He looks fantastic. His jaw is definitely a little wider, but it doesn't matter in the least... he's still a handsome beast!

I am not worried about his career. He's a smart, smart man who has good people working for/with him. In this time period, everyone has to rethink a lot of stuff, as the old paradyms are fading away or shifting for the world as we know it. I have complete faith in him. He'll do what makes him most happy and performing is somewhere in that mix because he is an entertainer, pure and simple!

ETA:

kareneh... GREAT pictures! Thanks! That one of him and Angela is so clear and close! Yum!

ldyjocelyn, thanks for bringing over the pictures. The woman who bought the dinner did a great writeup. I'm sure people are amazed that Clay is so like the average guy. Except with a bodyguard.

kareneh, great pictures as usual. I wish you had been at that dinner with your camera. Whoever she is,the purchaser of the dinner, I'm glad the constant uprise in this fandom didn't scare her. I loved her support for TBAF.

Ah, Kareneh, you KNOW what I like! Thanks so very much.

554044603_ZEBoH-M.jpg

553141464_oDiU2-M.jpg

554429131_Z5dac-M.jpg

554429727_Acqen-M.jpg

554460723_fbc9N-M.jpg

Knoxville322658415_mxmau-L.jpg

554428690_5h6Bd-L.jpg

I love the recap of the Atlanta dinner. And he deplaned on the tarmac at the airport? Wonder if he flew in on a private jet. Who's happy for Clay Aiken. *hand waving wildly in the air* ME ME ME!

Thank you KarenEh for those photos of Clay which greeted me as I have my morning coffee and for the link to your blog. I see that you have written a lot since you made the final decision to stay in the House of Erotic Massage. I wonder how long it will take for the neighbours to realize that you are not going to be running a bawdy house.

It sounds very expensive there but I guess that's due to the US dollar dropping again. it now will cost C$ 0.11 less to buy a US dollar than it did just a couple of weeks ago but only 2cents less to buy a British pound.

I love the recap of the Atlanta dinner. And he deplaned on the tarmac at the airport? Wonder if he flew in on a private jet. Who's happy for Clay Aiken. *hand waving wildly in the air* ME ME ME!

Me too!

What I really like is the fact he got the "Clay Aiken" star treatment at the airport and then was able to go back to "Clayton" and drive himself.....no fancy limo or driver.

I would think his is how he must keep himself centered.

Any chance that star treatment at the tarmac is part of those very expensive flights some airline provides that we heard Clay was using for at least one trip awhile back? Sorry, that's vague, but all I can remember is that the plane ticket was very expensive, but came with perks. Someone twittered/bloggged/whatever the names of some folks on a particular flight of this type, and Clay was one of them.

O/T for the Beatles fans - just saw this update on Facebook.

PAUL PERFORMS FIRST EVER CONCERTS AT NEW YORK'S CITI FIELD ON FRIDAY, JULY 17 & SATURDAY, JULY 18, 2009

McCartney Returns to New York to Continue Inaugural Concert Tradition

Tickets Go On Sale Monday, June 15 at 10:00 A.M ET

FLUSHING, N.Y., June 3, 2009 – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Paul McCartney will perform the historic first concerts at Citi Field – the new home of the Mets – Friday, July 17 and Saturday, July 18.

Tickets go on sale Monday, June 15 at 10:00 A.M. ET online exclusively at www.507TIXX.com <http://www.507tixx.com/> and by phone at 718-507-TIXX. These concerts are rain or shine.

I also just read that he'll perform July 11 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and additional U.S. dates are under consideration. Last summer, I took a drive to Quebec City to see him in a free concert. I'd do it again if he came within a few hours of me! He's pretty awesome for an almost-67-year old. ;)

On topic: I'd travel just about anywhere for a Clay concert right about now!

Another work week beginning! 2 days off Thurs. Frid, important meeting with social worker and special educator for my son Thursday morning, please send us good thoughts. He has special needs that need to be worked on, takes a lot of patience and energy.

Hope for some more clay news soon! Have a good evening every one.

Hello everyone, just wanted to mention that the Thursday meeting went well, difficult at the beginning, son was upset about something that was said, did not want to leave his bedroom, the special educator got him out, she is a gifted person, I'm so thankful for her. The social worker is very nice. Funny thing during the meeting my son who doesn't talk much to people outside our family, started teasing about Clay. We were setting goals for the year for him and they started by having each of us give some goals we had. I of course I gave my goal to go to North Carolina in October. thank you for all your good wishes.

Liney...Your welcome! I love doing the countdown and hope I more things to add to it soon! Love that new emoticon...really brightens up my post and the board!

Not worried about Clay's career at all....going to take some time to figure out what direction he wants to take his career and I always assumed that any CD or Tour would not happen until 2010. Hoping to see him in some guest roles in the Fall when the new TV Season starts! Lucky for him and us that he is so talented and has options...TV, Broadway, Singing.

I wonder if he will ever come back and tell us what he wanted the JNT05 DVD for; it sure is intriguing...not sure about him doing a TV special; just seems like he would have to re-work it to fit an hour format.

But that is what is so great about being a Clay...you never know what he is up to and there are always surprises!

Kim

Here are some samples (some funny & some serious) from the Knoxville album....

554443671_YxYzp-L.jpg

I couldn't see your pictures until now (just a big white space on my work computer), so I was verra, verra happy to see some vintage tonguage. Thanks muchly! :P

I agree, bottle! Verra niiice tonguage!

And thankyou, Karen for supplying the clongue today :imgtongue:

I'm usually not a big fan of tongue pics but somehow Clay is different. His just seems so nicely proportioned. In fact, everything about Clay seems so nicely proportioned! IYKWIMAITYD :whistling-1:

I know what you mean treenuts. Can't wait to see more evidence of his proportions. And thanks Karen for bringing the pretty pictures. I'll never figure out how people can look at that face and not fall instantly in love. He's just so freaking adorable.

I just stopped at home briefly to find my hooded jacket and socks. I'm going to the Greek Theatre tonight to see Prairie Home Companion ***waves at ldyj

It should be a great show...the guests tonight are Martin Sheen (who loves to do the skits and has been there the last 3 years), k.d. lang & Sheryl Crow. I sure wish it was Clay, though. That was such a wonderful night.

204309597_DdDww-XL.jpg

I'm leaving in a minute to take the Metro to meet my DH for the final leg of the drive. He'd never make it here and back in time.

I have been so buried at work the last few weeks it's just not funny. I thought that today would be my first day "out from under", but noooooooooooooo. It looks like they are going to majorly revise the NIH protocol that we JUST started on Wednesday, which will mean major work for me. Plus, I checked on a study that seemed to be "stuck" in the approval pipeline. They told me that we may have to submit it to a different review board, which means I would have to start ALL OVER. Weeks and weeks of work down the drain. They had to hide all the sharp objects from me!!!

So, I came home and edited another pic of Clay before looking for my shoes and socks.

That made me feel much better. He's very purdy, and purdy is a very good thing.

555361451_GbEwZ-L.jpg

OK. I'm going to go have fun with my DH and try to forget about work until Monday!!

OMG! I just saw this on a shopping blog and I immediately thought of several members on this board:

spork.jpg

It's a Starfleet Academy Titanium Spork. Perfect for both the Trek fans (I can never remember if Trekkie or Trekker is preferable) and for KAndre's quest for World Domination. No more sending minions out to Taco Bell for supplies when the need to spork an enemy arises.