#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I request if anyone finds the new name that they not post it.

I agree and I hope that's all the coversation we'll ever have on the subject.

I third that.

one teeny addendum...

several posts on cv advise people not to search twitter or google

From CV:

Have not had a chance to look back to see if this has been discussed....but I was just on a blog I belong to and it appears that someone at the gnats has uncovered the new name of the BAF......(it is already been registered in NC)....any way they are wanting the head gnat to "scoop" Clay's announcement.....so just a heads up. Some one needs to swat that gnat....really good......

Agreed!

I only wish the cockroaches would put such energy towards something positive, like solving world hunger or finding a cure for cancer or something....ugh

From CV:

Have not had a chance to look back to see if this has been discussed....but I was just on a blog I belong to and it appears that someone at the gnats has uncovered the new name of the BAF......(it is already been registered in NC)....any way they are wanting the head gnat to "scoop" Clay's announcement.....so just a heads up. Some one needs to swat that gnat....really good......

Thanks so much for the warning!....and agreed.

I don't search for anything so unless someone brings it over here or at CH or CV, I won't see it. It's really dispicable that someone would mess with a charity whose purpose is to help children. A pox on anyone who does this. :damnprocessing:

I understand but I'm sorry J P is followed like he is some sort of celebrity and I dont' get it. Why do Clay fans have to keep tabs on him and give him life. I just don't get it. I never have and I never will. His name is evoked in comment after comment in blogs and stories all over the internet. I think it's sad and it's the one thing I truly hate about this fandom.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would read anything pondscum has to say--or even worry that anyone with more than 2 brain cells would care.

I understand but I'm sorry J P is followed like he is some sort of celebrity and I dont' get it. Why do Clay fans have to keep tabs on him and give him life. I just don't get it. I never have and I never will. His name is evoked in comment after comment in blogs and stories all over the internet. I think it's sad and it's the one thing I truly hate about this fandom.

It's like a cult and he is Voldermort :/

Just because you leave the garbage at the curb, doersn't mean the stench can't still make you sick.

I put out an extra bag of garbage this morning, some broken up IKEA boxes, 2 pieces of torn-out carpet, and 3 cans of beer.....full ones for the trash man's trouble. Perhaps a couple of Budweisers would take care of the problem.

I hope Clay is able to make his grand announcement of the new BAF name soon, the way he wants to. The way he specifically asked on the OFC that people not dig or announce it if they found out before. That's what pisses me off the most.

I haven't done google alerts in years because the stuff I want and need to know will make it to the legitimate Clay boards eventually. I use facebook for personal stuff and I agree with Clay that twitter is the devil, so that takes care of that, hee. To be safe, I'm staying put here for the duration though.

So, Karen Eh, if I put out some beer, do you think I can get the garbage men to take all these left over contruction materials that have been hanging around since my kitchen renovation? :cryingwlaughter:

Busy day today....vet appt, work, dinner with friends, son's baseball under the lights tonight. I will sleep well later, I hope!

merrieeee, doesn't offend me in the least. I need to be made aware of thise things.

I am almost feeling sorry for people who take such great joy in trying to get others upset like the cult followers. There is some mental illness showing there.

They obviously have no joy in their lives. There is no doubt that the fff is ill but those who choose to follow him? Sad, but there was the Manson cult after all. And to target a charity. How low can you go?

On the other hand, I love to go to the BAF galas and I wish that every fan was able to attend because of the love in the room for all those who participate. It's not just the money raised but the support for TBAF's goals. Fans who become disenchanted with Clay or the fandom for some perceived slight should know better than to try for revenge and just move on to the next thing.

The good news is payday is tomorrow and I should have enough money in my checking account to pay for my gala seat. Time really does fly by.

Have a great Thursday FCA. :hello:

:GM_FCA:

Couchie I have been saying the same thing since 2006..pisses me off to no end.

136 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The Insider

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court's ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with "I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves." Check out Clay's official website forum for his whole answer.

Wow, even I didn't think it'd make it as far as the Insider! :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, well...only part of it did.

The Insider

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court's ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with "I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves." Check out Clay's official website forum for his whole answer.

Wow, even I didn't think it'd make it as far as the Insider! :cryingwlaughter:

If they were going to copy it, too bad they didn't include the balancing part of it. (about why we shouldn't want the court to overturn the vote). *sigh* Yes, they alluded to a lengthier reply, but somehow I doubt people are going to pay to join the fanclub to find out what it was.

Yup. Only way would be for people replying to post consecutive chunks of the block as replies because nobody who is not an OFC member would be able to read the rest at the response there. I just hope that people don't start heading to the swamp to read it. Because it was posted publicly, I did post it at NNHB in General Discussion.

From CV:

Somebody pmd it to me, along with a damned fine rant. It's more than just publishing the name, it's what they said about Clay that pissed me right off.

You know I really dislike some people. So you don't have to go look the spin is that his charity has kicked him to the curb! aarrgghh!!!!
Oh yeah, and had to repeat the "Clay got dumped by RCA" shit again for good measure.

:badmood:

I don't go following JP around on the internet but his latest attempts to discredit Clay are about so much more than Clay. Its about trashing an organization that some of us have literally put our blood, sweat and tears into over the last five years. He didn't just blow the surprise about the name change and people outside the fandom, the general public if you will, may very well believe him just like they believe other things on the internet -- because they don't know the backstory. Ignoring him when he trashes Clay is one thing, but in this case the vile lies he said to destroy the Foundation's credibility do have the potential to hurt BAF's reputation outside the fandom and ignoring that it happened does does not change that. I was personally very hurt and upset by all of this and I still am, like someone punched me in the gut. My mistake was posting about it here and for that I do apologize.

Claylove - the attempted trashing of Clay's foundation was started years ago by some very dedicated haters.

This is just the latest volley. We are still standing :-O

I have the feeling that the suppurating hopper may have been given some help here.

I apologize to you Merrieee and Claylove for combining my general rant about what I've seen with the Lambert/prop 8 "stalker business with this latest thing. I appreciate that news is brought here but I don't understand hints. All I see is upset with no details. I'd rather know the entire story but I feel strongly about what I said. Even when he had moved on momentarily - cuz I have no doubt he would return his focus - that wasn't good enough. It was like..but what about Clay? You forgot about Clay? Hello, we're still out here. So I was responding to knowing what was to come, not that you talked about it here .... whatever "it" is.