#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

:GA_FCA: Scarlett here (on merrieeee's new laptop):

We (KAndre, Solo, merrieeee and I) are here in merrieeee's kitchen and we all just realized that we couldn't name the top 3 of every AI season, tried top 2 and still missed some, and then tried to name all the winners and we came up short of 8. Just shows the relative importance of some things...

Wish y'all were here!!! :BlowKiss:

IDYJ, start riding your bike slowly. Trails are good because you do not have to worry about cars except at intersections. A hybrid was good because it is more stable for those who have not rode in a long time. Do not make the mistake and go out and ride more miles than you can handle. That is a sure way of getting discouraged early and not wanting to go out again. My friend and her husband would go out and do a charity ride in July every year and when they got there the second year her husband decided they were going to ride the 100 miles each way for two day. She came back so sore and unhappy that we could not get her back on the bike for the rest of the summer. Biking should be fun and not a chore. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

:GA_FCA: Scarlett here (on merrieeee's new laptop):

We (KAndre, Solo, merrieeee and I) are here in merrieeee's kitchen and we all just realized that we couldn't name the top 3 of every AI season, tried top 2 and still missed some, and then tried to name all the winners and we came up short of 8. Just shows the relative importance of some things...

Wish y'all were here!!! :BlowKiss:

I think that is against some kind of rule isn't it? I won't report you though.

1. Kelly/Justin/Nicki

2. Ruben/Clay/Kim L.

3. Fantasia/Diana/Jasmine

4. Carrie/Bo/Vonzell (sp)

5. Taylor/Katherine/Elliott

6. Jordan/Blake/Melinda

7. David C/David A./Syesha (who I just met last Wednesday at Mohegan Sun she is so sweet. I was so bummed she let me tape her saying hi to my niece (w/my mom's old camera) and I downloaded no sound :( )

8. KRIS/Adam/Danny

Talk about "Lost in Translation"...

I get that a lot

KAndre just informed us that her real first name means "pure" in Scandinavian. You can imagine our response.

bwah

Kiss My Tiara! bwah... I think we bought a tiara for KAndre when we were in Pala. I'm sure it's just one of many :lilredani:

Sounds like you lades are having a great time.

:GE_FCA:

What a day! I had my oil changed yesterday and the idiot left the cap off. Today I went on an errand and oil spewed everywhere and the engine started to smoke!!

Got that dealt with, which took hours, and drove to Raleigh to mom sit and this the first time I'd had a chance to get online. She's very sharp today. Two games of Scrabble. And she stayed up past midnight watching Titanic. All the way to the bitter end.

Finally I got online and was reading the boards and I kept hearing the engine of a large vehicle idling outside, and some loud voices. I was so tired and had just finally settled down so I did not want to get up and look, but it went on and on so after a long time I finally broke down and went and looked, and there were a fire truck, an EMT van, and three police cars outside all flashing their lights. BWAH!! I have no idea what was going on, as it was winding down by the time I did get up to look. No sirens, so whatever it was, it must've been less exciting than it looked. I stood out on the roof (there's a door that opens out on a flat roof) and watched until they left, trying to figure out what was going on, but I never did.

Rules? We don't have rules, just guidelines. :cryingwlaughter:

Also we did got Season 2 right & that's all that matters.

For good measure, we also named the entire top 12 of Season 2 in the order they went, plus all of the songs he sang in the right order... we have selective memory. Lol!

:offtobed:

I kow it's been just over a week since we've heard from Clay in the Q&A thread, but withdrawal symptoms are kicking in. I need a hit of fresh Clack or a tweet or something.

Come on Clay, dewd!

Don't you need to fly somewhere

JFK_03_20090308.jpg

Buy a new car

BMW031509.jpg

Give out or get an award

Tyra_1.jpg

Get a haircut

LA_090425.png

Pick up some Pampers

clayjaymesshopping.jpg

Hang out with David

DF_4.jpg

Or maybe make a heavily-promoted TV appearance?

th_carolleyes2.gif And stop rolling your eyes at me, Clay! I miss you, is all...

:GM_FCA:

Sounds like the EHP still knows how to have a good time. I remember meeting all of you in Red Bank at the JNT 06. Great Clay times. Fantastic concert. :allgood:

It's hard to believe it's almost two years since he toured in the summer and a year and a half since a Christmas tour. Since Clay is more of a TV guy now, It's probably going to be a while till we see him as summer is a time of tv repeats. I've accummulated quite a few things to get done around the house and our other place to keep me going for six more years it appears. Now somebody give me a push. :couch1:

I feel pretty certain that all Clay will break out in the Fall. :thtwister2:

ETA: What a way to wake up bottlecap!

:GM_FCA:

132 Days until The BAF GALA! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Rules? We don't have rules, just guidelines. :cryingwlaughter:

Also we did got Season 2 right & that's all that matters.

For good measure, we also named the entire top 12 of Season 2 in the order they went, plus all of the songs he sang in the right order... we have selective memory. Lol!

:offtobed:

I couldn't do that if my life depended on it! Impressive!!

Very CUTE post, bottle!

I couldn't do that if my life depended on it! Impressive!!

Very CUTE post, bottle!

Hee, jmh! It was mostly KAndre and at 3am too!

Thanks for bringing the cuteness, bottle!!! :thankyou:

(GA already?!! We only just got up and we're having merrieeee's scrumptious homemade vanilla ice cream with strawberries for brunch... yum!)

:GA_FCA:

Good afternoon! I got up bright and early--went out to breakfast and went to the early showing of My Life in Ruins.

My review:

%&$*&^*&^%$^^&%^$%$%$%$$fuck**(**#@$#ing$%###%%%&%$#@$borin()6$#@@$%TY&%^%G $%%##$cra@$^^%$p

Good afternoon! I got up bright and early--went out to breakfast and went to the early showing of My Life in Ruins.

My review:

%&$*&^*&^%$^^&%^$%$%$%$$fuck**(**#@$#ing$%###%%%&%$#@$borin()6$#@@$%TY&%^%G $%%##$cra@$^^%$p

Is it a foreign film?

:P

My review:

Is it a foreign film?

:P

Only Americans out for a quick buck would make a movie this %$%^#@$ bad.

Couchie Oh, it would be great to meet up for the Gay Pride Parade!!!

Was flicking around the dial earlier, and saw Jimmy Kimmel in his pre-NBA show, and he did a Clay joke. He was talking about how shirts are pre-printed during big sporting events, and how the "losers" shirts go to Africa for those that need clothing. He said "Africans think the Arizona Cardinals won the Super Bowl." He then showed some other examples: "Danny Gokey, American Idol." "Susan Boyle is Number 1." And then, one he said could have gone either way -- "Clay Aiken is not gay." I LOL'd! They also used a good picture too, from the 2006 AMA awards.

wanda, I love your way with words!

My review:

Heeeee........I saw that trailer a few times and figured it was remake of My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Neener-neener - we saw Land of the Lost - perfectly predictable Will Ferrell humor, my grandson loved it.

I just read about 37 pages (from page 50 of the last thread to about 7 here, then my computer brought me to the end here)... Where's the weeble-wobble emotie?? *hunts* Found it! :Imok:

Can't say everything I was planning to say, forgot it all already... Thanks for all the birthday wishes, yes Clay does have big balls (and I love them too!), what Adam Susan Boyle didn't win?, and I love FCA! :laugh2: Off to read some more now!

wandacleo quite the review of my Life in Ruins. Having only seen the trailer I thought that the movie might be fun, something to rent in a few months. But after reading your reaction I checked out reviews on Movie Reviews at Rotten Tomatoes and wow it was totally panned. Roger Ebert said

Rarely has a film centered on a character so superficial and unconvincing, played with such unrelenting sameness. I didn't hate it so much as feel sorry for it.

Don't think I will be renting it. Thanks for the warning.

After sighing over KarenEh's Knoxville pics, I just had to say hi, regardless of whether anyone still remembers zena/lena anymore.

That was some concert in Knoxville; I remember KarenEh and I exchanging raised eyebrows and stifling guffaws/giggles at Clay's antics that night. Whatever feelings he had about the pre-concert wandering foot episode on the plane, he appeared to get them out of his system on stage.

It's been so long since a concert, or fan experience that I've gone all sensible and am consistently acting my age. That's pretty frightening actually.

I want a time warp back to 2003, and that giddy high of Ticketmaster, booking flights, hotels and rentals. I want to stand at the Customs counter and explain with the most enthusiastic of grins to a poker faced Customs officer that the "purpose of the multiple destinations of my trip" is to hear Clay Aiken sing again and meet with the friends I have met and made from all over the place.

I really miss being what my family called "crazy". Being crazy can be very satisfying.

Sending wistful waves and the warmest of hugs to all!

:hello:

eta: Just realized 'my avatar is, ummm, a little outdated; oh well, I'm still on memory lane...