#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Zena, I was admiring your avatar the minute I saw it--who cares if Spamalot is past. It's so cute!! Nice to see you here! Clayzycoffin, welcome back!!! I hope you had a great vacation.

Thanks, jmh123! It was alright... It was mostly me stuck in a car with my mother for 2 weeks. I missed FCA! And it seems Clay went and made the news while I was gone! What timing, ha ha :D

I have a question though: Is something up with Clack Unlimited? I can't seem to access it, but I don't know if it's just my computer or what.

Oh wait, I have another question, for the more electronically-oriented FCA-ers. (Not Clay-related, bad me... ) I'm looking into getting either a laptop backpack or a neoprene sleeve for my laptop since I lug it to school all the time and worry about damage. I have a lot of backpacks already (though none with laptop compartments) and a sleeve would be cheaper so I'm leaning towards a sleeve, but I was wondering if anyone has either/both and has an opinion. :BlowKiss:

Oh wait, I have another question, for the more electronically-oriented FCA-ers. (Not Clay-related, bad me... ) I'm looking into getting either a laptop backpack or a neoprene sleeve for my laptop since I lug it to school all the time and worry about damage. I have a lot of backpacks already (though none with laptop compartments) and a sleeve would be cheaper so I'm leaning towards a sleeve, but I was wondering if anyone has either/both and has an opinion. :BlowKiss:

clayzy, I have a backpack with a laptop compartment which my chiropractor insisted on * insert eyeballroll here*. I'm not from the backpack generation, so that may impact my "enjoyment" somewhat~but honestly, I can't stand it! My laptop is soooooo heavy I can barely lift the whole contraption when it's in the backpack, to get it on. Let alone when I have to add stuff like paperwork in files, and cords and my purse and stuff. I've given it up. Not a good way to carry a laptop IMO.

clayzy, I have a backpack with a laptop compartment which my chiropractor insisted on * insert eyeballroll here*. I'm not from the backpack generation, so that may impact my "enjoyment" somewhat~but honestly, I can't stand it! My laptop is soooooo heavy I can barely lift the whole contraption when it's in the backpack, to get it on. Let alone when I have to add stuff like paperwork in files, and cords and my purse and stuff. I've given it up. Not a good way to carry a laptop IMO.

I have a laptop bag on wheels so I can just drag it which is my fave thing to use. I also have a thinner styled one that goes over the shoulder for short trips or when space is an issue, but the one on wheels is my preference since whether its the back or shoulder the laptop weight is a problem for me if its for very long. Its also roomy enough for other things like cords, an ipod and multiple external hard drives. *g*

zena... welcome back! Stick around... memory lane is the nicest place to be in a sorta drought! Don't you dare change your avi... it is a great reminder of a very fun time! I lub it!

clayzy... welcome home!!! Missed you!

When I googled Clay tonight, I find out that the fans were to blame for the Clay bashing Adam stories (just the headlines)! I leave you guys alone for 30 hours and look what happens... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

bottle.... Love'd your photo story! Thanks!!!

eHP... you guys seem to have so much fun. Is that legal???? :whistling-1:

wanda... BWAH!!! Very concise review!

I have a laptop bag on wheels so I can just drag it which is my fave thing to use. I also have a thinner styled one that goes over the shoulder for short trips or when space is an issue, but the one on wheels is my preference since whether its the back or shoulder the laptop weight is a problem for me if its for very long. Its also roomy enough for other things like cords, an ipod and multiple external hard drives. *g*

Yes, me too, and I like it...but my chiro tells me the "slightly turned and pulling" action is just. not. good. Yah. Not him carrying the backpack. :lol:

Aw, thanks liney23!

FromClaygary and claylove--Hm. Thanks for your advice. For me, it's not so much weight that's going to be an issue since either way I'm going to have to have my laptop on my back. I just can't decide if carrying it in a sleeve in a regular backpack would be better or worse than carrying it in a backpack made for laptops. :shrug:

*waves enthusiastically at Zena/Lena* So glad to see you posting again. I have been missing you and your "twin" Lena since I'm working on a system in the North Sea and have been delighted to meet computer people with names straight out of Ibsen.

eHP... you guys seem to have so much fun. Is that legal???? :whistling-1:

Lol, liney. Just barely... :hahaha:

Welcome back, clayzycoffin! I also own a rolling bag instead of a backpack but it came with a computer sleeve. Maybe you also find a backpack with one, to get the best of both worlds?

:GE_FCA:

:offtobed:

I really miss being what my family called "crazy". Being crazy can be very satisfying.

I think mine is just lulled into a false sense of normalcy. I imagine news of a tour would send them into a state of shock....kind of like if I took up my 3 pack habit again.

Good to see you again, zena, whether you're all grown up, and serious now, or not!

I picked up a great Targus laptop backpack at Best Buy for $7.99 (I think it sells for about $50 normally) a couple of years ago. It was a back to school loss-leader I'm sure, since it was around the beginning of August that I got it. I love it, and use it with and without the laptop a lot. (I have a rolling one I take most of the time on flights). It's seen a lot of use and shows absolutely no signs of wear and as far as backpacks go, it's the most comfortable on I have ever used. It's just plain black, nothing fancy but it has room for everything I want to put in it.

Yes, me too, and I like it...but my chiro tells me the "slightly turned and pulling" action is just. not. good. Yah. Not him carrying the backpack. :lol:

My rolling bag is a Samsonite spinner with 4 wheels on it, so I never have to take the weight...except when I have to heft it up to an overhead bin. Mine has been discontinued and replaced with this Samsonite X'ion2.

I don't have to drag it....it rolls with the push of a finger even when full loaded. I can lean on it in long lines. I can push it instead of pull it and it rolls in any direction so I can slip down airplane aisles without banging into the seats along the way. I love this thing, too....a lot.

Seems I not only missed the eHP get together but a Skype cert as well! Thanks for thinking of me though. And I think blood sporks would make a lovely door decoration. I might frighten the mailman half to death but if that means fewer bills, it would be a small price to pay.

Ah, laptop bags.......I have 3. A leather one that is basically just a sleeve, no handles or anything, I carry it under my arm if I'm just taking it to the car and back, etc. A backpack that I used when I went back to school, but unfortunately it was a weird design, only goes over one shoulder, and apparently was designed for left handed people, which I am not. Heh, no wonder it was on sale. Third, I recently was given a nice, padded laptop bag with plenty of compartments for cords, etc, with a shoulder strap and a smaller handle that I can slip over the pully part of my small suitcase. I use this one when I am flying.

Happy Monday. I had a busy weekend, driving around visiting and delivering kids. I have a busy week ahead catching up from the weekend, and my youngest's graduation. And work, of course. Which I wish I could skip. Argh.

:GM_FCA:

Did anyone watch The Tony Awards last night; I really enjoyed it and thought Neil Patrick Harris did a great job as host...wish Clay had been there though...hoping we hear from him this week!

131 Days until The BAF GALA! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I haven't been a fan as long as many of you, just wondering what the longest that clay went without giving any news before. I guess we were being spoilt with all the blogs, answers to questions and some appearances. We all miss Clay!!!

Oh Honey. This is nothing.

And we didn't even have the fan club blogs or anything.

*sidenote* wanna hear how far I had to walk to school when I was a kid?

It was uphill both ways, doncha know.... :cryingwlaughter:

LOL!!!

My rolling bag is a Samsonite spinner with 4 wheels on it, so I never have to take the weight...except when I have to heft it up to an overhead bin. Mine has been discontinued and replaced with this Samsonite X'ion2.

I don't have to drag it....it rolls with the push of a finger even when full loaded. I can lean on it in long lines. I can push it instead of pull it and it rolls in any direction so I can slip down airplane aisles without banging into the seats along the way. I love this thing, too....a lot.

That looks and sounds great! Mine has to be a business case, unfortunately, as I do use it for work. I would love one with the wheels like that as yes, I have to carry mine down plane aisles. And yes, that's a huge part of the issue, for me, is getting it up and down from overheads. For anyone with a bad back it's a nightmare. And that thing that they always announce about the crew helping you if need be? :cryingwlaughter: Riiiiiiiiiight.

Preden hang tight, he'll be back! My guess is UNICEF trip, I can't imagine his not being there for Chris last night if he was available.

Yes, I watched part of the Tony's last night (it went too late for me to see it all) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was uphill both ways, doncha know

My DH lived in Western PA growing up and he really did walk to school uphill both ways. He lived on the top of a hill and school was on the top of a neighbouring one...so he had to go downhill & uphill going and the same going back!

I am not yet recovered from the eHP get together. We are some wild and crazy gals!!! We did have early night though-almost 4:00am and we actually talked about Clay!

jamar, your post cracked me up this morning. I figure we'll be getting a blog or a press release about the BAF name change soon. I don't expect to hear much until gala, though. Unless, of course, Clay wants to announce that tickets are going on sale for his next Christmas tour or Broadway show....that would work for me! ;)

I meant to watch the Tony Awards last night but I got sucked into the 100 Mile Challenge on Food TV instead....flipped over during a commercial to see Liza Minelli, so I flipped back. :o I will have to head to youtube at some point this week so I can watch the Billy Elliot/Elton John number, as well as Chris Seiber's bit.

Hello All!!! I'm Back!!! Didja Miss me!!?????? :cryingwlaughter:

I've tried on numerous times to start on page one and read this thread. And have been interupted, have only made it to page two.

Then I didn't post since I didn't catch up, then I got farther and farther behind....

Well, you know the story!!

Not much going on in the Clay world huh?

Dud you hear about the fortune cookie? That was cool!

I watched the tony awards last night thinking there might be a sighting, but I fell asleep...

There wasn't, was there??

So, Ireland was great!!!! Been really busy since getting back. I took 1700 pictures I am still sorting out!!

Here are some of the best...

th_DSC03947.jpg

Cliffs of Moher, West Coast

th_DSC04018.jpg

Enniskillen Castle, Lough Erne, Enniskillen, at dusk

th_DSC04056.jpg

Lough Erne, Enniskillen at dusk

th_IMG_8114.jpg

Boho Cave and Waterfall, Co Fermanagh

th_IMG_8209.jpg

Irish countryside near Boho

th_IMG_8235.jpg

Lough Erne at Sunset

th_IMG_8290.jpg

View of Lough Erne from Magho Cliffs

th_IMG_8564.jpg

Town of Blacklion. Co Cavan, Rep of Ireland

th_IMG_8687.jpg

Glangevlin, view of the Glan Bar

th_IMG_9010.jpg

Horses near Mulaghmore, on the West Coast

th_IMG_9193.jpg

the Atlantic Ocean at Rossnowlagh

th_IMG_9201.jpg

Town of Ballyshannon

I won't bore you with a lot more, but if anyone wants to see, let me know!

There are a few more here in this album: IRELAND 2009

Ooooooooo.....IRELAND!!! So beautiful! I'd love to go back some day with my DH. He's never been.

cha cha trusty, your pictures are beautiful!! And you got some sun!! I was there in October and saw a fair amount of fog and rain. And cold. It was very cold. But, so beautiful. I'll definitely check out your pictures.

I, on the other hand will need to live to be at least 100 years old to finish editing all the pictures I've taken.

I'll just keep sneaking them in here:

558098493_Mu3iW-L.jpg

Hmmm....I think I'm supposed to be working. Shhhhhhhh.

Oh Honey. This is nothing.

And we didn't even have the fan club blogs or anything.

*sidenote* wanna hear how far I had to walk to school when I was a kid?

It was uphill both ways, doncha know.... :cryingwlaughter:

So true! Just think of all the external hard drives we have filled since the "early days." :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of one of those fan blogs, I posted a new entry Sunday that poses the question "Where in the World Is Clay Aiken?"

bananatype.gifFans Ponder Location of Clay / D-Day Changes Course of History -- Visit any CA message board, and the current theme song seems to be "Where in the World Is Clay Aiken?" This blog also explores D-Day ceremonies, a drummer turned bugler by necessity, and the cache of movies I need to clear this summer.

In addition to a montage ("Ain't No Sunshine" -- Eva Cassidy) by LovesClaysVoice, graphics by AmazingCA (one with photos by PermaSwooned), Ashes, and cindilu2 are featured at the Carolina On My Mind site. Below is a clickable of ACA's opening graphic:

th_ACA22.jpg

Clickable by ACA

Love the pictures from Ireland, Cha Cha! :clap:

After a week off, I am back teaching music lessons this afternoon. Y'all have a great one! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Great pictures, cha cha. As Irish as I am, from all the branches of my family tree, I've never been (and with a profound fear of flying undoubtedly never will), I really enjoy the photos.

Regarding the Tony Awards -- I watched enough of the show to see that Alice Ripley won Best Actress Musical for Next to Normal - even though Clay expressed his dislike for it. I'm sure he was disappointed for Allison Janney.

I saw a just awful Liza Minnelli performance and wonder how anyone could willingly listen to that caterwauling for two hours, much less to PAY to hear it. Sorry to those who love her, but whatever voice was ever there has skipped town and left no forwarding address.

I loved Chris Seiber in Spamalot, but the number from Shrek convinced me that that is one show for me to avoid. Not my cuppa.

The Rock of Ages stuff was ??????. There's a market for old Poison and Twisted Sister crap?

The Billy Elliott dance number was just okay for me.

All in all, I've seen much better Tony Award Shows in the past. The only really bright spot in the whole thing was the hosting by Neil Patrick Harris. He was very good. Here's a link if you missed it. For me, it was the very last thing and the very best performance.

Neil Patrick Harris Closes the Tony Awards

They always have a little note at Photobucket saying "Visiting our sponsors won't interupt your upload"....

Well, something I clicked did! The upload got aborted halfway thru.

And it took me awhile to figure out which ones were missed.

Since they upload "in no particular order."

So.... if you clicked the link early on, you may have missed a few. :)

Here's the link again: IRELAND 2009

kf - I agree that the Tonys were pretty much of a yawn! But NPH did a great job and I loved his closing number. didn't know he could sing! ('sing' not 'sang' however!)

? I hear he is injured - not a fan but I hope he recovers OK!