#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

kf... gasp... I am mesmerized! I'm glued to my computer... Someone push me out the door to work in the morning, kay??? :cryingwlaughter: My oldest DGS's graduation is tomorrow night and I'd better not miss it either!

Dropping by... :hello: I'm like 8 pages behind...

Just saw this...

Here I've gone and got myself besotted beyond control again tonight. I need to see Clay MOVE.

PromoReelsmilecr1.gif

Where dat frommmmmmmmm?

liney23

Lotus... comfortable shoes, an umbrella, and layers. cryingwlaughter.gif 7 weeks... wow! Where are you going. I went on a crop circle tour for 1 week and loved it. Had great food, only rained at night. FUN!!!

I'll be visiting family and friends from London to Yorkshire for a month. I do want to see some of the places I remember from my childhood and go to Hadrian's wall as well as doing some walking in the Yorkshire Dales and visiting whatever National Trust gardens are close to where I am staying. When I return I'll be visiting with family and friends in Ontario before returning home.

Yes, it's a photoshop. The clues--besides the usual--the OFC logo on a photo you never saw before, and the name Kaoru ? on the bottom left. This is a Japanese fan who does a lot of photoshops.

Since no one has answered your other question yet, I think this is from the latter part of a video that was posted on the OFC during ATDW promo. I think the videos are still available there. He is singing ATD WISYS, and no one knows the circumstances beyond that. I think a bit of this was also spotted on the TV Guide channel CloseUp of Clay.

Someone will come along with better answers tomorrow, I'm sure.

Have a great time Lotus!!

Lambskanks seems to be a perfect descriptor IMO and I will agree with him on at least one point he made in the RS article:

"Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different."

Oh brother, you can say THAT again!

I also like the next thing he said about talking about a human community rather than a gay one beause of this.

Just saw this...

Here I've gone and got myself besotted beyond control again tonight. I need to see Clay MOVE.

PromoReelsmilecr1.gif

Where dat frommmmmmmmm?

Yeah , what Canfly said. Is it the same as your avatar (??right word??) keepingfaith?

He looks so happy there.

Happy??? How could he have possibly been happy when that eeevil Clive was mandating love songs and forcing him to record those cheesy promotional videos commercials in which he so badly lip synced the words? [/snerk] :cryingwlaughter: Heh, anybody who knows me knows I freaking love the ATDW videos, especially the blue shirt one. YUM. :) :) :)

from toni7babe at CV:

I was just checking Chris Siebers page on facebook to see all the love everyone is showing him as I am a friend on his site though I do believe his page is public anyways and Clay just posted on his facebook tonight.

Christopher Sieber posted: I can say.....I had a blast!!!

Clay Aiken posted: You were INCREDIBLE!

at 10:18pm June 9 ( that's central time for me)

The reference to central time mean is from toni, so it would have been 11:18 Eastern time -- possibly for Clay as well. I suppose this means that he's alive! Hee.

MUAH to kf just 'cause she rocks...

:GM_FCA:

Actually, that gif above is him singing "Baby When I See You Smile"...I remember, because at the time we were all wondering who he was singing to!

129 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

So, does anyone remember what the sun looks like? It's been so long, I have forgotten!

Everyone have a great day,

Kim

Is this an AL free-zone? I'm looking for one *g*

Heeeee......I hope so!

I am quite puzzled as to why I need to have any opinion about him at all, much less read about him - it is mystifying! and dare I say pointless!

Even though I participated in what was I am sure very tedious to some Leonard Cohen talk, I don't really care if other people don't like him, that seems silly.

I loved all the Clay gifs last night!

My basketball team won! We will not be swept!!!! (I have learned to set the bar pretty much down on the ground for this stuff :-O)

I called my congressperson and gave dire warning!!!!

Now I will start working.

I am quite puzzled as to why I need to have any opinion about him at all, much less read about him - it is mystifying!

I think the bolded part is the reason why AL is getting talked about on Clay boards -- because AL has mentioned Clay! And ALL dedicated fans of Clay Aiken MUST read every single word about Clay ever uttered. [/snark] Seriously, though -- I like to read about Clay as much as the next person here, but if it's a really brief mention, I just usually ignore it. If it is a good mention, I'm more than likely to bring it here, but if it is rather indifferent, or not a nice mention, I just don't. I don't need to revel in that kind of stuff.

In 2003 and 2004, I feel that this fandom got REALLY good at ferreting out information on Clay -- and this was really before blogs and Google Alerts and "instant information" got to be so prevalent. Many times, this was great...but in so many instances, it really did set some bad precedent. So, in times of "drought," the littlest scrap of information suddenly becomes news.

Here endeth my little rant. And my apologies to merrieeee and djs, because by talking about this, I ended up talking about AL. Hee.

How dare thee ldyjocelyn mention the name that dare notith be mentioned on this fair board. You are hence forth banished to the twentieth century year 1970 or 1980 for your sentence of listening to glamrock. Hopefully your ears will not bleed. :scream:

Has anyone heard the new Iggy Pop cd? The little bit I heard made me want to yell stop.! And not in the name of love.

Here endeth my little rant. And my apologies to merrieeee and djs, because by talking about this, I ended up talking about AL. Hee.
Bwah!

No, I know we go through something like this every AI cycle, some people find a new love, etc., and want their friends to come along or share, etc.

Heh, I don't understand the need for people to criticise A's lifestyle, or whatever, either, who cares? He is an entertainer, what he does in his life is not important, especially if ya don't care for his "product", it is like some people think if they don't care for a singer then NO ONE should. Weird.

But on some Clay boards people are discussing A in Clay threads as if how people feel or think about A is germane to something, I don't know what.

So yeah, I roll my eyes at the insistence that I (or whoever) need to reread some whole article or whatever to really understand where A is coming from.

Um, no I don't. Don't care, I don't like his music. So the rest - both the praise and the criticism - seems pointless.

Has anyone heard the new Iggy Pop cd? The little bit I heard made me want to yell stop.! And not in the name of love.

For heaven's sake, DO NOT say he makes your ears bleed.

Now i'm going to be thinking of purple dinosaurs all day!

FWIW I was joking about a AL free zone, not announcing that I didn't want him discussed...guess i need to refine my humour.

checks to see if her basketball team is still in the playoffs. Apparently not. OK. Go Rockets!

Nah, I think everybody on the page was trying to be funny (I was successful, but apparently nobody noticed. Ha! I slay myself!)

Nah, I think everybody on the page was trying to be funny (I was successful, but apparently nobody noticed. Ha! I slay myself!)

I noticed. I was like WTF does that mean? But then I got distracted looking for purple elephant images.

"Notith"? "Notith"?!?!? Pah!

Clay! Þæt wæs god cyning!

Now that's old school!

WTF does that mean? :cryingwlaughter:

checks to see if her basketball team is still in the playoffs. Apparently not. OK. Go Rockets!

Mee too! But then I couldn't put two sentences together about anyone other than Clay. I'm so out of the loop. I was joshing on ldyjocelyn's olde English. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

KAndre really knows her olde Engish or is it Gaellic? Must be all that traveling she does. :sport033:

Just saw this...

PromoReelsmilecr1.gif

Where dat frommmmmmmmm?

Yeah , what Canfly said. Is it the same as your avatar (??right word??) keepingfaith?

He looks so happy there.

I have that tagged as "Promo Reel_When I See You Smile" - it's an RCA creation. My avatar is from the same time period in 2006 (ATDW promotion) when he appeared on the morning show on KTLA. Same timeframe that he was doing Kimmel and LKL. He was discussing the news and politics and knew more than the anchors that morning. We weren't surprised, but they were.

claywink6mo.gif

surpriseinLA.gif

stickingtongueout01.gif

100659525-L.gif

isit6AI2rewind_gerwhisp.gif

feetinmotion.gif

clayhairbg9.gif

ClayET_gerwhisp-2-SR.gif

Claywral.gif

And Clay's personal message to Simon .....

HeCanKissMyFoot_byldb51.gif

I think you switched words.

cyning = king

singinde = singing

ETA Is it kinda scary that I knew right where my Anglo-Saxon grammar book was?

ETAA. Do you think he was trying to send a souperr sekrit message in that "6" "9" gif up there????

And I was funny in a literary way! Apparently it's a quote from Beowulf (ya know, one of naked Angelina Jolie's offspring, or the guy that killed her...there's only so much literature that sticks in my head), and Wiki claims it means "That was [a] good king!"

And while I'm typing, a real literary type person shows up! OK, here goes nuttin':

Clay: Þæt wæs god cyning of singinde!

That goodness the internets make me a complete smartass...

ETA: A little scary, but we love you anyhoo...