#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

But in the interest of historical correctness, his response to my post wasn't his first time posting...I pretty sure it was his second...but still...my best moment as a fan and thank you for remembering!

Kim

Okay, so it was Clay's third post. Now I remember that his first post was dancing bananas and the message was something like, "OMG HE BLOGGED!!! HE BLOGGED!!!" And we laughed for days. I don't remember the second post, but I thought the first time Clay actually responded to a fan's post was to yours. And not just responded, but he was downright schmoopie! (Hey, I've finally learned how to use that word!)

Isn't that the same night he went to chat and changed Kareneh's name? And Kareneh, after revisiting the Frisco pictures last night, it's stunning how you "captured" Clay that night. I'll tell you again, you were rocking that camera! The b/w's blow me away.

Scroll, merrieeee. (And no it's not an adorable snowflake picture. :whistling-1: )

The thing that makes me want to puke about the RS cover is the trouser snake. How pathetic is that? Wonder how many guys will be interested in buying that issue with a damned snake on the man's pants, coiled and ready to strike his crotch. That's beyond over the top. That's a fucking desperate attempt to be hip and cool, when it really screams POSER!!! The dude isn't 19, or even 25 so his adolescent comments and that hideous pose can't be written off to immature by reason of young age and naivete. If I had to put one word on that cover it would be ..... contrived.

I've had it with the Blame Clay First people. Really sick of it. Freaking and fretting because Clay's comments about Adam make him look bad to the "cool" people? Oh really? I think his comments were spot on -- and seem to be in line with general public opinion, for what that's worth. It's reminiscent of the K-Lo non-flap over the imaginary joint tour, and those who wrote that Clay owed her an apology, that he had unnecessarily humiliated her, and such foolishness as that. Clay had five years+ of being cautious about expressing himself -- and thank goodness that's over. I hope he always says what's on his mind, and if it gives some people bleeding hemorrhoids, TFB. If it's controversial, so be it. If he has to put his hand over Kelly Ripa's mouth again, go for it, dude. I love my King of Controversy. Clay is not only a uniquely talented singer, he has a high-functioning brain, an often-unique point of view, a heart of gold cream cheese (soft and sweet), and he's endlessly interesting and entertaining. The last thing I want to see is Clay having to walk some tightrope of conventionality in a vain attempt to blandly please everyone; because that's my preferred definition of "uncool."

Okay, rant over. And I do feel better.

kf... Wow... I think I love you! :cryingwlaughter: Right on, sistah! Every word!!!

WORD!!

OMG kf, I guess I just need to assign blame for my continuously following you as my "girl crush"! :lilredani: Hope this doesn't offend you.....*sigh*

treenuts... you are fast... I was going to claim kf and you beat me to it!

Treenuts...Here you go:

aikim... I remember that so clearly and it made me schmoopie, too!

But in the interest of historical correctness, his response to my post wasn't his first time posting...I pretty sure it was his second...but still...my best moment as a fan and thank you for remembering!

Kim

Okay, so it was Clay's third post. Now I remember that his first post was dancing bananas and the message was something like, "OMG HE BLOGGED!!! HE BLOGGED!!!" And we laughed for days. I don't remember the second post, but I thought the first time Clay actually responded to a fan's post was to yours. And not just responded, but he was downright schmoopie! (Hey, I've finally learned how to use that word!)

Isn't that the same night he went to chat and changed Kareneh's name? And Kareneh, after revisiting the Frisco pictures last night, it's stunning how you "captured" Clay that night. I'll tell you again, you were rocking that camera! The b/w's blow me away.

kf... I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT! It was so much fun after all the angst! I came to the conclusion a long time ago that too many of Clay's fan's love to angst. It keeps them involved somehow.

Kim, reading that post again and being reminded that there were fans upset that Clay was going to do Spamalot, is just another example of the wisdom in trusting Clay to walk his own path. Didn't it work out nicely!

Clay_Cari_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Clay drew crowds to the show, to the stage door, to the souvenir sellers, to nearby restaurants, and then Clay's fans poured forth money into Broadway Cares. He got great reviews, lots of NY and national exposure -- his name on the marquee -- his picture on the poster, THE BUS -- and he danced!! I don't know when Clay will go back to the Broadway stage, but you have to know that he's in demand. And we're in demand, too! But he'll go next where he decides to go. I'm prepared to trust that.

treenuts, I love the If I have to MAKE the sandwich picture.

I have no problem with anything that Clay has said or anything that Adam has said.

I like ALL crotches, snake-adorned and otherwise.

Wanda someday I hope you come out of your shell and tell us how you really feel.

I went to see Huey Lewis & the news tonight. What a fun concert. The band was so awesome but every time I go to a concert I miss concert Clay!

Sorry I forget who here likes David Cassidy but he is going to have a free show at Mohegan Sun this summer. I think I only know one song by him. The Patridge family one since my nephew sang that for his preschool graduation (he is 13 and I still remember him singing that :) )

Does anyone think Clay is on a Unicef trip right now?

This past couple weeks of Lambergate have made me realize why I don't watch Idol...why I don't care about Idol and how totally whacked our society has become when this is news and why sometimes I just have to roll my eyes at the fandom and say "are you kidding me?"

Kim

Yeah, akim, I don't know why people care so much about entertainment. Either you're entertained or you're not.....seems simple enough to me. There are so many more important issues out there to argue about. I figure once everyone's had their swing on this "gate" it will fall of its hinges like all the rest and everyone will move on to a new playground.

Sure would be nice if there was an extra special camp counselor there. ;)

I love reading here, but sometimes I am really afraid to post; you guys are so smart and articulate and knowledgeable(Old English!)...I mean, I thought I was reasonable intelligent, but some days I feel like I need to go back to school or do research or something!

Kim

Well, girlfriend, you are the one who touched Clay's heart so much that he got "misty" and posted his first message on the board at OFC! That's historic! You bow to no one! :BlowKiss:

Ditto! That was a great post, right on the money.

Well, thank you. All compliments are appreciated. :wub: Now.....isn't it funny how he changed my name one night, and year later he's calling me a liar. Sort of like getting married, isn't it? I would :wub: that, too.

Our things are supposed to be delivered within the next few hours. FINALLY!! It will be great to get things set up and the last of the landlord's things out of here. I wrote a couple more blogs over the last couple of days. The Pool Boy visits Sally's. Oh......and in case your Danish is a little rusty, for the second one, I should illustrate......"fuld pakken"

25.jpg

:GM_FCA:

Back to the rain...I am so sick of this weather...I would love to be able to turn my air conditioning on; break a sweat; get a sunburn...enough with the cold and rain!

Long day today...after work I have an eye doctor appointment and a dentist appointment...kind of a fluke they are on the same day...I make them a year in advance...right after my last apppointments and somehow they ended up on the same day. Could have changed them but figured I might as well get them both over with.

128 Days until The BAF GALA! :yahoo:

Everyone have a good day!

Kim

Begin rant...

I've just spent a half hour I'll never get back, over at the OFC. Good Lord. :huh:

In the question thread,I can't even understand what they're asking much of the time; I understand the difficulty, and admire the people trying for whom English is not a first language~but for those for whom it appears to be...or some form of it at any rate......many of them are completely unintelligible. WTH??

No wonder he isn't answering questions anymore. The one or two good and interesting ones are buried in the 10,000 nonsensical/misspelled/lack of grammar/WTF ones!

One person in the "Clay's store" thread has suggested a "grill with Clay's new teeth" for the store. Are you f****ing kidding me? If that was intended to be amusing...it's not. Others have suggested items that already exist in the store. The point being.......that they didn't bother to look first?? Now there's a selling point!

Given that Clay's said this is the only board he reads (not that I believe him, really)....how f***ing embarassing!! He must think we're ALL a bunch of morons!

End rant...

Sorry....just had to get that out. <_<

:loveclaysbutt:

Can I :yeahthat: to the last few pages? And :tasty: to the gifs!

I have a picture request (I don't think there's a gif for it). I think it's a tour photo of Clay from the SRHPT where he has his arms folded and he's looking at the camera with one hand out with the palm up. I can't think of the word to describe it... sort of a "what do you think'' gesture, perhaps? Wish I could remember more about it other than that (and that Clay's brow might be knitted...) Anyone wanna take a shot on such a sketchy description? :lol:

Well, I'm pretty sure this isn't it, but it vaguely fits the description, and he was so CUTE!!! LOVED that show in Ft. Myers. The last show added to the tour, and IMHO the most fun.

353006708_ndRVg-L.jpg

Help!!!! Someone throw me a life preserver....I am DROWNING at work! I'm having too many days where I have to drop everything I'm working on to fix someone else's emergency. AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! So frustrating!!

My world has gone crazy!! When I dragged home from work on Tuesday night I had a message telling me how to pre-register for my hospital procedure the next morning. WTH?? WHAT hospital procedure? Naturally, no one was available to answer me until after I was supposed to have checked in Wednesday morning. They were quite nonchalant about it.

Not only was I scheduled for 2 procedures that should have taken several days of preparation so I didn't bleed to death, I was supposed to have had a DIFFERENT procedure the week before. At a hospital that is not normally associated with my insurance, with a doctor I never heard of!!! Did my insurance sign off on this??? Who knows??? One would think they might want to.....oh maybe CALL me to set up these appointments or at least let me know about them ahead of time??? I'm still trying to get some answers. :Imok:

I need a mental health break.

FromClaygary...you and I are not always on the same page, but I was in danger of breaking my neck from nodding so violently while reading your 'rant'....All I can say is.:

:preachit::yeahthat:

All the staff at my workplace are going together to an Oakland A's game today...gonna tailgate first and then just vegetate at the ballpark. Nice day, huh? My older daughter graduates high school tomorrow. Un.freak.ing.real. :Ahh:

Hey, at least it's your older daughter. My youngest graduates high school today, and my middle child graduates college next week. Heh, I feel old. All 3 kids are continuing on to higher education, so we aren't out of the woods for at least another 3 years. OMG. :Ahh: Fingers crossed that their OSAP applications get accepted. (provincial student loans)

I love a good rant.

Perma, wow that is insane.

Have fun at the game Muski..hope it warms up. I'll be in your berg on Saturday to watch my nephew and his team go for the championship!! whoo hooo. They beat the first place team in round 1 of the playoffs and rocked the best pitcher in the league. Their coach is just so great. I'm trying to keep things in perspective..telling him that wow it's so great to exceed expectations and no matter what you'll finish first or second. Then his dad pipes in to say -- you don't go to the championship to finish second LOL. Oh geeze. Hope we don't have a bunch of crying 9 year olds if they lose.

Kareneh

I wrote a couple more blogs over the last couple of days. The Pool Boy visits Sally's. Oh......and in case your Danish is a little rusty, for the second one, I should illustrate......"fuld pakken"

I am really enjoying reading your blogs and loved the image that is conjured up of your landlord in the chlorine concentrated pool water scrubbing the bottom while his underwear slowly dissolves.

Your brain is certainly getting a lot of exercise with all the new information you are dealing with daily.

Good luck to your nephew's team, Couchie! Carrie's softball team just blew everybody away last weekend in Salinas--their first "A" team tournament championship. (They'd been playing "B" level tourney ball until this year.). They won all six games in two days, including 2 shut outs and allowing opponents only 9 total runs in both days! We have four pitchers now, so the coach saved Carrie to pitch the championship game and she KILLED! One of her best pitching outings, for sure. Quick and efficient. (She played various outfield positions in the other games.)

But the really cool thing about this tourney was how every single player had at least one awesome play...everybody was just so very "on" and we had some incredible plays. A three-run homer, a solo homer, sly defensive plays (fakes and tricks and double plays and amazing throws to get runners out, etc.), just fun, fun, fun! And this was very welcome since just the weekend before, it seemed our girls' heads were far away from the softball field! So the whole team is pumped now and ready to go...but we have a few off weeks off before the next tourney--school grad and things taking precedence. I'll miss one tourney because of work but then...TAHOE! That's such a fun weekend of softball every summer.

Clay Aiken? Oh yeah. I remember him. He's that singer dude. I hear he's gay. Like that Adam dude, right? :lilredani:

nah.

Oh where oh where has my little gay gone

Oh where oh where can he be?

With his hair cut short and his tail so long

Oh where, oh where can be he?

Begin rant...

I've just spent a half hour I'll never get back, over at the OFC. Good Lord. :huh:

In the question thread,I can't even understand what they're asking much of the time; I understand the difficulty, and admire the people trying for whom English is not a first language~but for those for whom it appears to be...or some form of it at any rate......many of them are completely unintelligible. WTH??

No wonder he isn't answering questions anymore. The one or two good and interesting ones are buried in the 10,000 nonsensical/misspelled/lack of grammar/WTF ones!

One person in the "Clay's store" thread has suggested a "grill with Clay's new teeth" for the store. Are you f****ing kidding me? If that was intended to be amusing...it's not. Others have suggested items that already exist in the store. The point being.......that they didn't bother to look first?? Now there's a selling point!

Given that Clay's said this is the only board he reads (not that I believe him, really)....how f***ing embarassing!! He must think we're ALL a bunch of morons!

End rant...

Sorry....just had to get that out. <_<

:loveclaysbutt:

I understood all the questions I asked even if I don't have the best grammar.

I haven't even visisted the store thread. I only visited there (the store) maybe twice and both times it kicked me off the board.

Although I don't think it is funny I think my niece and nephew saying somene is up in the grill where we use to say they were all up in my face. So I guess that's the joke even though it's stupid.

Couchie good luck to your nephew

and good luck to everyone who has graduating family members this summer :)

Help!!!! Someone throw me a life preserver....I am DROWNING at work! I'm having too many days where I have to drop everything I'm working on to fix someone else's emergency. AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! So frustrating!!

My world has gone crazy!! When I dragged home from work on Tuesday night I had a message telling me how to pre-register for my hospital procedure the next morning. WTH?? WHAT hospital procedure? Naturally, no one was available to answer me until after I was supposed to have checked in Wednesday morning. They were quite nonchalant about it.

Not only was I scheduled for 2 procedures that should have taken several days of preparation so I didn't bleed to death, I was supposed to have had a DIFFERENT procedure the week before. At a hospital that is not normally associated with my insurance, with a doctor I never heard of!!! Did my insurance sign off on this??? Who knows??? One would think they might want to.....oh maybe CALL me to set up these appointments or at least let me know about them ahead of time??? I'm still trying to get some answers. :Imok:

I need a mental health break.

{{{{{{Perma}}}}}} That is really weird that they would schedule procedures without consulting you, much less notifying you. I picture you with little cookoo birds circling your head! Sending un-craziness vibes your way.

FromClaygary...you and I are not always on the same page, but I was in danger of breaking my neck from nodding so violently while reading your 'rant'....All I can say is.:

:preachit::yeahthat:

All the staff at my workplace are going together to an Oakland A's game today...gonna tailgate first and then just vegetate at the ballpark. Nice day, huh? My older daughter graduates high school tomorrow. Un.freak.ing.real. :Ahh:

muski... CONGRATS!!! on your daughter's graduation!!! Doesn't Gibby have a daughter graduating, too?

Good luck to your nephew's team, Couchie! Carrie's softball team just blew everybody away last weekend in Salinas--their first "A" team tournament championship. (They'd been playing "B" level tourney ball until this year.). They won all six games in two days, including 2 shut outs and allowing opponents only 9 total runs in both days! We have four pitchers now, so the coach saved Carrie to pitch the championship game and she KILLED! One of her best pitching outings, for sure. Quick and efficient. (She played various outfield positions in the other games.)

But the really cool thing about this tourney was how every single player had at least one awesome play...everybody was just so very "on" and we had some incredible plays. A three-run homer, a solo homer, sly defensive plays (fakes and tricks and double plays and amazing throws to get runners out, etc.), just fun, fun, fun! And this was very welcome since just the weekend before, it seemed our girls' heads were far away from the softball field! So the whole team is pumped now and ready to go...but we have a few off weeks off before the next tourney--school grad and things taking precedence. I'll miss one tourney because of work but then...TAHOE! That's such a fun weekend of softball every summer.

Clay Aiken? Oh yeah. I remember him. He's that singer dude. I hear he's gay. Like that Adam dude, right? :lilredani:

nah.

muski... has she tried to get a softball scholarship? Sounds like she might qualify. My DGS's best friend got a volleyball scholarship.

luckiest... If you think you feel old having a college grad and your youngest graduating HS, try having your grandson graduate! I just keep telling myself I look much younger than my age... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh Clay...come out come out wherever you are!

He already did. Last September. Remember?

*ba-da-bump* 3.gif

:clay:

Scroll, merrieeee. (And no it's not an adorable snowflake picture. :whistling-1: )

The thing that makes me want to puke about the RS cover is the trouser snake. How pathetic is that? Wonder how many guys will be interested in buying that issue with a damned snake on the man's pants, coiled and ready to strike his crotch. That's beyond over the top. That's a fucking desperate attempt to be hip and cool, when it really screams POSER!!! The dude isn't 19, or even 25 so his adolescent comments and that hideous pose can't be written off to immature by reason of young age and naivete. If I had to put one word on that cover it would be ..... contrived.

I've had it with the Blame Clay First people. Really sick of it. Freaking and fretting because Clay's comments about Adam make him look bad to the "cool" people? Oh really? I think his comments were spot on -- and seem to be in line with general public opinion, for what that's worth. It's reminiscent of the K-Lo non-flap over the imaginary joint tour, and those who wrote that Clay owed her an apology, that he had unnecessarily humiliated her, and such foolishness as that. Clay had five years+ of being cautious about expressing himself -- and thank goodness that's over. I hope he always says what's on his mind, and if it gives some people bleeding hemorrhoids, TFB. If it's controversial, so be it. If he has to put his hand over Kelly Ripa's mouth again, go for it, dude. I love my King of Controversy. Clay is not only a uniquely talented singer, he has a high-functioning brain, an often-unique point of view, a heart of gold cream cheese (soft and sweet), and he's endlessly interesting and entertaining. The last thing I want to see is Clay having to walk some tightrope of conventionality in a vain attempt to blandly please everyone; because that's my preferred definition of "uncool."

Okay, rant over. And I do feel better.

Haven't caught up yet but I wanted to say I like your rant and, yeah that.

Since it's quiet I decided to think out loud. And no......it doesn't hurt! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm curious. I can't help but wonder how so many Clay fans can be equally or similarly OTT or at least engaged in following someone like he who shall not be named (that's for you, merrieeee :o) ) hee

I mean, I find the interest overlapping sooo perplexing! He is almost the anti-Clay and if he were the last singer/entertainer on the planet I wouldn't cross the street to see him much less throw my money at him. I can only imagine what that money may end up going towards. But even if it weren't about that, he just plain offends me. Clay is so much more of a real man IMO. Not afraid to stand alone for the underdog. The children in danger around the world or children with special needs here at home, or even just out actively and continuously supporting local community arts programs. There is nothing glamorous or cool about his causes. Clay Aiken is a gentelman. An unlikely sex symbol; a nerd and a family man. Not to mention a truly original vocalist. Not a poser or a wannabe rock star forming his persona, carving his image from some 1980's bedroom poster. How is it possible we can admire or lust after these two simultaneously? And I read so much about the "charisma"!? WTF? I mean Clay IMO is loaded to the teeth with the stuff, but this other guy? I can't seem to get past the greasy smarm enough to tell if there is anything closely resembling it. Oh well, I just thought I'd toss that out there. I apologize if this post makes anyone uncomfortable. That is not my intent. It is only my mind at work and a thought that boggles me!! meh

YMMV

Ok, is it time for some more Clongue yet? :imgtongue:

Treenuts, I agree with everything you say. I have found in reading that people on some other Clay boards get really upset if anyone says something negative about (that shalt not be named) but can sometimes say the most vile negative comments about Clay including how bad his singing is, that he doesn't care about his voice, that he does not know how to put on a real concert, that his hair and clothes are bad, and etc. I find a lot of pictures of (That shalt be named) repulsive. I know I am somewhat conservative but I did raise three boys so I know how crude at times they can be. That is my rant and I will not say more and to clarify that the later part of the rant is my opinion only.

I don't have any problem liking AL or anyone else, and I already bought my concert ticket.

I don't see what liking another singer has to do with being a fan of Clay.

I have no idea what causes AL is interested in--although gay rights comes to mind--so I can't pass judgment on that.

I have no idea what he'll spend his money on, so I can't make judgments about that either.

I just like to celebrate Clay. I have no interest whatsoever in trashing anyone else (with the possible exception of pondscum) in the process.

I don't know treenuts. It seems to me that some fans are fans of a lot of the AI contestants. Maybe Clay was their first and they just kept adding others. It doesn't bother me, some people have more time than others to follow these folks. For me Clay is the only one. I hate the criticism but if it's okay with Clay what can I do?

Cute pictures, is it bottlecap's birthday? :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Didn't mean you wanda. I think you only have two.

I do not have a problem with people being fans of other contestants. I have bought other idol CD's. I just believe that not everyone is going to agree on everything and I do not like it(and to clarify, it does not happen here)when on Clay's own boards you have to step carefully when they discuss anybody else. Negativity is not allowed but negativity regarding Clay is approved.