#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Thanks for all the pretties, Kareneh and Permaswooned! :BlowKiss:

So, kimye is in town and there is talk of Thai food? Come on over here, I bet I know someone who knows how to whip up something really tasty. I have about 50 pairs of chopsticks in the kitchen drawer, too. Bring your own bowls....my stuff is still in a warehouse. I wanna have dinner with my eHP!!

No delivery date yet but it IS in Copenhagen. With nothing much left to do until it gets here, I've been work on more pix. I finished the ones from the Knoxville show of the SRHPT and uploaded them. I discovered a bunch of Houston ones that needed to be uploaded and now, I realize that I never did look at the ones from Asheville. I don't know what was going on with me then....clueless or what?

Knoxville Gallery

I've been keeping up with the old blog, too. Sally's Bored....(Duh! I fixed the link.)

Ooooh, there's heat and more in Elsinore!!! We'll find some good use for the chopsticks... :cryingwlaughter:

Kareneh, if we're at merrieeee's during daytime hours over there, do you want to do a Skype partycert?

I just stopped at home briefly to find my hooded jacket and socks. I'm going to the Greek Theatre tonight to see Prairie Home Companion ***waves at ldyj

It should be a great show...the guests tonight are Martin Sheen (who loves to do the skits and has been there the last 3 years), k.d. lang & Sheryl Crow. I sure wish it was Clay, though. That was such a wonderful night.

Perma, I thought Prairie Home Companion is tomorrow night? Is it taped? Have fun & pls say hi to ychrome!

So glad to be home early enough to this (well the sun's still up anyways):

:GA_FCA:

ETA: LOL, bottle! We need supplies!!!

Can't do Thai this week (anyhoo, aren't we meeting up with Kimiye at Linda's? Somebody call me tonight) - family issues abound. And I turned into a great-aunt yesterday. And am horrified. I must go out and do something hootchy immediately.

So... when your friend says she's going to do something hootchy but asks you to call her that night, how much lead time would you give so that you don't make the call at an inappropriate moment? Is 8pm local time ok?

*cmon, KAndre! We need to plan sleepovers...*

BTW, I became a great aunt while I was in grade school, no big deal. Blame the generation spread.

:POSTHO:

ps. btw, my inbox is full.

jmh, I meant to respond to you about ordering the Clapton/Winwood DVD. Let me know what you think. I checked YouTube for bits of it and all I found were baaaaaaad fan videos, so I'm ordering the DVD myself. (This fandom is incredibly fortunate to have excellent videographers!) I did find this most excellent Clapton / Winwood video from the Crossroads Guitar Festival in 2007.

Listening to this is like ... close your eyes and it's Blind Faith 1969 all over again. Ginger Baker's drumming is recreated -- only it takes TWO drummers to do it! (And the 2-guitar part that begins around 4:30 just drives my old hippie soul wild.)

No eHP for me this weekend. I have an 8-year-old to deal with. The one who, when I asked her if she liked Clay, answered that if he likes lizards then she likes him. I have a feeling Clay feels the same way I do about lizards. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Especially not the big reptiles that she's attached to. I did tell her that Clay himself appears to be somewhat of a chameleon. She didn't get it. I should turn her on to Jim Morrison! Ha!

OMG! I just saw this on a shopping blog and I immediately thought of several members on this board:

spork.jpg

It's a Starfleet Academy Titanium Spork. Perfect for both the Trek fans (I can never remember if Trekkie or Trekker is preferable) and for KAndre's quest for World Domination. No more sending minions out to Taco Bell for supplies when the need to spork an enemy arises.

bottle.... O.M.G.... we have to get one of those for KAndre! Fer sure!! :hysterical:KAndre and her spork are a FCA urban myth and we needs to make it true. $22.99... We could take a collection. Titanium, too. I am dying here... :lmaosmiley-1:

{{{{{{Perma}}}}} Enjoy the Greek with hubby and remember that other great Greek night!!!

ETA:

keeping... I just watched that Eric Clampton/Steve Winwood youtube... that was awesome sound on that... wow! I will be showing my ignorance here, but which one was Eric and which one was Steve??? I have heard of both of them, but never watched/listened. There was a whole era of rock I missed when my kids were young... just no time to keep up.

Well, on that one Steve Winwood sings lead and plays guitar, and Eric Clapton is the deity-in-glasses playing guitar.

Are you guys crazy? You're gonna put a Titanium Star Trek Spork in the hands of KAndre? You think that's funny??? Oh I guess you don't live in the same metropolitan area with her, right? Yeah, you're real brave now, but when she starts the world domination thing, distance won't save you. Think it over.

I see I'm actually on topic. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG! I just saw this on a shopping blog and I immediately thought of several members on this board:

spork.jpg

It's a Starfleet Academy Titanium Spork. Perfect for both the Trek fans (I can never remember if Trekkie or Trekker is preferable) and for KAndre's quest for World Domination. No more sending minions out to Taco Bell for supplies when the need to spork an enemy arises.

This is hilarious. Do not lose that! :cryingwlaughter:

jmh, I meant to respond to you about ordering the Clapton/Winwood DVD. Let me know what you think. I checked YouTube for bits of it and all I found were baaaaaaad fan videos, so I'm ordering the DVD myself. (This fandom is incredibly fortunate to have excellent videographers!) I did find this most excellent Clapton / Winwood video from the Crossroads Guitar Festival in 2007.

Listening to this is like ... close your eyes and it's Blind Faith 1969 all over again. Ginger Baker's drumming is recreated -- only it takes TWO drummers to do it! (And the 2-guitar part that begins around 4:30 just drives my old hippie soul wild.)

I didn't get a chance to listen til now, and came back to say that around 4:30 it gets really good. :hysterical: It really works with them together doesn't it? Now that I think of it, all of Clapton's last albums have all been collaborations: Jimmy Johnson (if you can collaborate with a dead guy, and I think you can), Buddy Guy, J. J. Cale, B. B. King. But this one with Winwood is really working; you can feel it already in that 2007 performance. The back-ups were into it too.

With whom can you imagine Clay collaborating for a whole album? Stephen Curtis Chapman is the first name that comes to mind. That guy Matt Bronlewee (?)--I don't know his music, but he and Clay must've clicked. They're both contemporary Christian artists. :hitsfanrs5: :hysterical: And I surprise myself in that the first names that came to mind are people I can imagine Clay writing with as well as singing with.

How about the Garden State guy from Scrubs? That would be a offbeat but tantalizing thought. That one would be about song choice, unexpected song choices.

Who else? Who can I imagine him singing with for a whole album. I think it would be interesting for it to be another man, for him to duet with another man. But who? I can't see him and Buble together. Elvis Costello? Hee, I think I'd like that.

None of these so far screams YES to me.

BWAH HA HAHAHAHHAHA! I mean, oooh, how nice! I definitely need a new spork! The old one is all bloody...not as clean as it should be...and the tines bend at awkward moments..

:GM_FCA:

132 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Do you know if you search "Bloody Spork" on google, you actually get results? :afteryou:

Bloody_Spork_Earrings.jpg

BloodyBear.jpg

kareneh, maybe if you hang a bloody spork on your door where the heart used to be, any potential gentleman callers would get the message.

Do you know if you search "Bloody Spork" on google, you actually get results?

What I want to know is what kind of a person actually Googles "Bloody Spork"?

My fingers are now poised over my keyboard ready to search for some variation of "UNICEF", "FLAKE", "HAIR" and "SNOW".

Aha that answers my question! A really nice person who is such a sweetheart and who wouldn't do anything to hurt a soul.

I never knew what a spork was until reading here a few years ago. So how come my husband was talking about sporks this week. He does watch the sci fi channel. Is that the connection? :hysterical:

Another question for the OFC: Clay do you have a spork?

I didn't get a chance to listen til now, and came back to say that around 4:30 it gets really good. :hysterical: It really works with them together doesn't it? Now that I think of it, all of Clapton's last albums have all been collaborations: Jimmy Johnson (if you can collaborate with a dead guy, and I think you can), Buddy Guy, J. J. Cale, B. B. King. But this one with Winwood is really working; you can feel it already in that 2007 performance. The back-ups were into it too.

With whom can you imagine Clay collaborating for a whole album?

Regarding Eric, he also did the Cream reunion. Yeah the back-ups were definitely into it at the Crossroads performance. Derek Trucks was one of them. How about a real Clapton Supergroup -- Clapton, Bruce, Winwood and Baker. Derek Faith & the Cream? Ha!

I don't think I've ever speculated about Clay recording with someone else. It's the uniqueness of his voice and delivery that grap me and I want it pure and unadulterated. But, I have thought before that one of these days somewhere down the line, I wouldn't be surprised if Clay and Ruben recorded something together.

I was listening to OMWH on the way to work (which I haven't done in a while) and OMFG, Sacrificial Love has the most gorgeous vocal, doesn't it? Just blew me away this morning. :wub:

I listened to OMWH last week for the first time in a while and I was struck all over again by the wonder of Clay's voice.

Is anyone in the San Francisco bay area interested in meeting up for the Gay Pride Parade on June 28th--it starts at 10:30 AM (until 2:30)?

bottle... in your googling, do you know where the bloody spork came from. A gory movie, I presume.

Do you know if you search "Bloody Spork" on google, you actually get results?

What I want to know is what kind of a person actually Googles "Bloody Spork"?

merrieeee... :cryingwlaughter:

My fingers are now poised over my keyboard ready to search for some variation of "UNICEF", "FLAKE", "HAIR" and "SNOW".

bottle.... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Aha that answers my question! A really nice person who is such a sweetheart and who wouldn't do anything to hurt a soul.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

:lmaosmiley-1: Thanks for the laughs!!! I needed that!

I need KAndre's address. I was perusing a used book/cd store the other day and happened upon a book entitled....

"Kiss My Tiara!"

:cryingwlaughter:

I'll send it to you after I finish reading it, 'kay, KAndre? :lilredani:

I'm not sure if I personally want that Star Trek spork, but I have friends who like kitschy things like that. I'll try to remember that link come Christmas time...

gbmifan, I'm gonna need your help -- my husband and I went out and bought bicycles today! Now, my husband has one already (and will be looking to sell this 22 year old beauty!), but I haven't had one since banana seats and high-rise handle bars were the rage. I was able to make it a mile around our neighborhood, with slight hills and valleys. Husband, of course, thinks we need to find the bike trails right now and start. Hmmm. I hope he can give me a week before I try that! My bike is a hybrid, and it is very comfortable to ride. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning with it!

Semi ON Topic: I'm thinking of posting this link to the OFC questions for Clay, and then see what his reply to me would be about Twitter after reading it. As much as I'm just getting used to this technology, I think it's gonna be here to stay for a few years. And after reading this article, I'm starting to get WHY it could be around for a few years, and how it can be useful.