#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Les Pages de la Chapelle

<h1 class="page-title">Les Pages et Chantres de la Chapelle</h1>anybody here read french? Help? what does et chantres do to the first?

Hmmmmmmmmm...Yup but not that kind of French apparently, lol.

chantre: WordReference English-French Dictionary © 2009

chantre (chanteur religieux) nm cantor

chantre (figurative) nm champion

chantre (laudateur) nm eulogist

chantre (poète) nm bard

My next question is what is a eulogist, lol? Somebody who gives eulogies? Yup.

In any case, I'm assuming the first, which is a religious singer. I'm assuming page means like a pageboy, so...

"Pages and singers of the chapel" is my best guess. Why, lol?

I'd think "chantres" would be singers. I looked it up and it says "cantors".

singer would be chanteur or chanteuse these days but looks like a religious singer would be a chantre and a cantor would be somebody who does chants, so I'm now imagining some sort of gregorian chant, with the words "et domini" or something like that in it, lol.

:staples self to FCA:

It's kinda skeery out there.

:therethere:

I don't wanna know, lol.

Staples, lol? Ouchies.

canfly...was working on a project -researching musical "artists" and their albums... and was just wondering if those two names were the same group. At the end of this 6 days all I can say is I'm sick of classical! Trying to find one particular recording out of 1000 of the same name has worked my last nerve.

Of course if clay wants to sing with an orchestra I'll try to get over it :cryingwlaughter:

All packed up and ready to go! Now just have to wake both son and hubby up and get them out the door and in the car. See y'all in Louisiana and Texas! Many of you have my cell number, but you can also follow our journey on Twitter or Facebook. My Twitter id is kimiye, and it's public for this trip.

Of course, if Clay breaks news today (or wind or a leg), somebody call me!

Wow, that Beatles Rock Band video was awesome! At first, I wasn't clicking on it cuz I don't know the first thing about the game Rock Band, but I'm glad I did. Cool animation! And so well done. The body language for the guys was amazing.

I saw Clapton once, at the ACC in Toronto. I knew he and Steve Winwood were playing in NYC (saw a billboard in April) but I didn't know it was a full-fledged tour. I'd love to see him again but I'm sure the tickets are out of my price range, even if they are coming close. I bet my youngest son would love to see him too. Every time he gets in my car, he removes OMWH or BOCA from the CD player, and puts in Clapton's Time Pieces. :cryingwlaughter:

My optimum room temperature is 72F. Right now it's about 69F so not too chilly. As long as the sun stays out we should be ok!

:GM_FCA:

137 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

All packed up and ready to go! Now just have to wake both son and hubby up and get them out the door and in the car. See y'all in Louisiana and Texas! Many of you have my cell number, but you can also follow our journey on Twitter or Facebook. My Twitter id is kimiye, and it's public for this trip.

Have a safe trip here, kimiye! Can't wait to see you!!!

BTW, if you don't have discounted tickets for the Xian terracotta warriors exhibit, let me know. I can get them for $15.

OK so when is the eHP having a get together???? My place???

Ears perk up.

Sounds like a plan! :) I hope kimiye checks in with the dates she's available -- or I'll call her tonight!

:GA_FCA:

The Insider

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court’s ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with “I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves.” Check out Clay’s official website forum for his whole answer.

kimiye... have a great trip!

Hee come on down!!

From CH. This is funny

We Hate Idol

merrieeee.... thanks for bringing that over. It was great entertainment during my lunch hour! I may just go back and start from the beginning of the season. I didn't watch a minute of it this year, but this site makes it fun. :cryingwlaughter:

The Insider

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court's ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with "I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves." Check out Clay's official website forum for his whole answer.

Wow, even I didn't think it'd make it as far as the Insider! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee come on down!!

From CH. This is funny

We Hate Idol

merrieeee.... thanks for bringing that over. It was great entertainment during my lunch hour! I may just go back and start from the beginning of the season. I didn't watch a minute of it this year, but this site makes it fun. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG Yes! I've read down to the fake Bono comment about "One." This girl shows no mercy and CMSU!"

The Insider

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court's ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with "I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves." Check out Clay's official website forum for his whole answer.

Wow, even I didn't think it'd make it as far as the Insider! :cryingwlaughter:

If they were going to copy it, too bad they didn't include the balancing part of it. (about why we shouldn't want the court to overturn the vote). *sigh* Yes, they alluded to a lengthier reply, but somehow I doubt people are going to pay to join the fanclub to find out what it was.

From CV:

Have not had a chance to look back to see if this has been discussed....but I was just on a blog I belong to and it appears that someone at the gnats has uncovered the new name of the BAF......(it is already been registered in NC)....any way they are wanting the head gnat to "scoop" Clay's announcement.....so just a heads up. Some one needs to swat that gnat....really good......

I request if anyone finds the new name that they not post it.

I request if anyone finds the new name that they not post it.

I agree and I hope that's all the coversation we'll ever have on the subject. If a fly buzzes in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Fly_is_killed.gif