#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Cakey Chops = sweet cheeks?
I think it could also mean - smart ass :) which I'm bettin' on, or this which someone sent me: "cakey chop" can also mean "sweet face".

I think either could suit Clay well.

Wheeee, Saturday finally! :wub:

goldarngirl and I have put a Christmas present for y'all up on our site:

http://www.goldarngirl.com/jnt-vancouver.html

:clap: I love this site!

Posted by gloch at the CC -

Just saw this at the CB...

From CLAYONLY

Here's my question to and answer from Ruben on Twitter..last night! (couldn't copy them)

"CLAYONLY@Ruben Studdard Saw your TV interview on FOX 6. Liked your singing. Hmmm lips sealed on ur plans with CA next summer???"

"Ruben Studdard @ CLAYONLY yeah are u gonna come to the concert"

-------

I'm taking his reply as a YES!!Wondering though about 'the concert' ... does that mean only ONE concert??

Hmmm....I'm hoping there would be more than just one concert. My guess is that it was not meant to be taken literally. OR...

it may be a one time deal for the possible PBS special Clay made reference to?

All I know is it's at least fun to have something big to speculate about! Thanks, Rube!

I am so hoping for a tour next summer. My only problem is that I am going on three bike tours and watch a concert will be in my area during one of them. I am not so sure if my hubby would agree to the exspense of travelling, but I will do my best to be very convincing. I have been so lucky because in previous years it as all worked out, I went on my tours, and the concerts were at the right time. All I can do is wish all will be well.

Heck I am hoping for a tour too, if I can secede in going, It would be my 1st one. I had close calls with the JBT and the Soft Rock and Hard Place tour, but money messed that chance up. Hope I can be lucky this time around!

:bye6: Hey Scarlett whatcha up to??

Just discovered what a great breakfast combination mamon tostado and apple butter (thanks Clay!) make. Now the fact that I discovered this after 10pm might make it seem a lot more like a midnight snack than breakfast but it's still good. Yum! *rubs tummy*

I never had any (apple butter) until Clay talked about it. :BlowKiss: I got this one from the Reading Terminal Market in Philly and it's wonderful! Why do they write it that way when it's pronounced "redding"?

ETA:

No matter how great it may sound, it is NOT a brilliant idea to pile the apple butter higher than the initial height of the mamon tostado. Just sayin'!

Helloooo FCA!

I haven't been here in a little while and won't be for a while yet. First computer problems and now a bulging spinal disc have been keeping me away. Doc and physio both say that sitting is not my friend at the moment so I am lying flat out and taking some strong pain killers ( hooray !) and getting bored to tears! Hopefully the exercises and rest will have me right in no time and by then there will be exciting juicy clack to drool over view with polite, restrained admiration.

Hope you are all doing well, happy Thanksgiving, happy birthday, merry Christmas.

PS: Couchie, I have not forgotten, just been delayed. XX

Oh, you meant the gala files. I will leave the machine rendering tonight and will be uploading clips tomorrow, from the start (unless you want them in a particular order -- do you?)

:GE_FCA:

:hello: ausdon, glad to see you back!

... about the PBS special, I wonder if they'll get smart and offer the DVD for pledge week, e.g. for a $50 pledge. That'll be tremendous exposure but at the same time it would also help PBS with its fund-raising. They usually add an item to the DVD for a somewhat higher pledge (e.g. $100) and 2 or more items for an even higher pledge (e.g. $200-$250) -- wonder what those items could be? what would entice YOU (or people you know in the fandom) to go for the higher pledge amounts? Me, I know we have a great PBS station here and would support it even without Clay so any small item would be enough for me -- maybe a stuffed toy or a signed program.

... about the PBS special, I wonder if they'll get smart and offer the DVD for pledge week, e.g. for a $50 pledge. That'll be tremendous exposure but at the same time it would also help PBS with its fund-raising. They usually add an item to the DVD for a somewhat higher pledge (e.g. $100) and 2 or more items for an even higher pledge (e.g. $200-$250) -- wonder what those items could be? what would entice YOU (or people you know in the fandom) to go for the higher pledge amounts? Me, I know we have a great PBS station here and would support it even without Clay so any small item would be enough for me -- maybe a stuffed toy or a signed program.

I think that this will be a great idea, PBS could also use his special to raise money for it's station.

And Also to help pledge a High amount, If a tour that is professionally filmed exists maybe that could be released in a special DVD. Or those Video clips from the 2004 summer tour in DVD form, I would love to see those clips from where he was in a amusement park or the mouse thing with Quianna and Angela. I would pledge higher for never before see clips.

I never had any (apple butter) until Clay talked about it. I got this one from the Reading Terminal Market in Philly and it's wonderful! Why do they write it that way when it's pronounced "redding"?

Heeee......I was born in Philly - it is best to just not question that stuff - and do you know how to pronounce Skuykill, as in the beautiful Skuykill River that runs through parts of the city? Skookle. I think it is just remnants of English, Welsh, and Dutch settlers. I am Welsh, and it cracks me up to see a Welsh road sign and then listen to how it is pronounced.

I was happy to see that Clay likes apple butter, it is, I think, a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. But prolly is available anywhere apples are a crop, and it was nice to see Mott's Apple Butter in jars when I first moved away from Philly. Sniff. Have you tried scrapple? Hmmmm....best to think of it as pate, really! Fabulous cut into slices and fried crispy on the outside, and it is the only food that I will put ketchup on. I do see frozen Habbersett's Scrapple sometimes in grocery stores here in Florida.

I never had any (apple butter) until Clay talked about it. I got this one from the Reading Terminal Market in Philly and it's wonderful! Why do they write it that way when it's pronounced "redding"?

Heeee......I was born in Philly - it is best to just not question that stuff - and do you know how to pronounce Skuykill, as in the beautiful Skuykill River that runs through parts of the city? Skookle. I think it is just remnants of English, Welsh, and Dutch settlers. I am Welsh, and it cracks me up to see a Welsh road sign and then listen to how it is pronounced.

I was happy to see that Clay likes apple butter, it is, I think, a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. But prolly is available anywhere apples are a crop, and it was nice to see Mott's Apple Butter in jars when I first moved away from Philly. Sniff. Have you tried scrapple? Hmmmm....best to think of it as pate, really! Fabulous cut into slices and fried crispy on the outside, and it is the only food that I will put ketchup on. I do see frozen Habbersett's Scrapple sometimes in grocery stores here in Florida.

Skookle? Lol! :hahaha:

Now you've got me so curious about scrapple -- would Whole Foods or a similar store have it? Good thing breakfast's already cooking or I'd drive out to look for it. :ready6:

:GM_FCA:

56 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh, you meant the gala files. I will leave the machine rendering tonight and will be uploading clips tomorrow, from the start (unless you want them in a particular order -- do you?)

Nope I haven't started them at all, was waiting for you and LauraQ, so in order is perfect, thank you.

Nope I haven't started them at all, was waiting for you and LauraQ, so in order is perfect, thank you.

Starting to post large continuous audio files here: (if you're canfly, right-click-and-save)

091017_NIP_Gala_Scarlett_Audio01.mp3 67MB

091017_NIP_Gala_Scarlett_Audio02.mp3 67MB

091017_NIP_Gala_Scarlett_Audio03.mp3 138MB

One of my favorites, after MR and the other songs, is listening to his voice-over on the videos... *sigh*

ETA: While I'm here can I just post a short rant... I so wanted to get to church on time today (unintentional quote) because we're hosting one of the Houston mayoral candidates and I wanted to meet her, but I took a short nap when my network was flaky this am *tosses a frown at Uverse* and slept too long. I guess it would look disrespectful to arrive 10 minutes before closing? Oh, and thank goodness the Philippine COMELEC has nothing to do with this. I'd normally add a short explanation saying that our Commission on Elections is a political body that... but with the way it's been acting like the CBCP (Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines) lately, I don't even know what it is anymore. - end of rant

Now you've got me so curious about scrapple -- would Whole Foods or a similar store have it? Good thing breakfast's already cooking or I'd drive out to look for it.

I found an organic scrapple thread in a facebook site evidently about scrapple, cracked me up:

facebook organic scrapple thread :-o

Topic: Organic Scrapple

Displaying all 4 posts by 4 people.

Post #1

1 reply

Scrapple wroteon July 5, 2008 at 11:03am

Did you know there is organic Scrapple? It's true, I've seen it at Whole Foods. And it makes sense. I mean, if you have organic pork, it seems like the pork trimmings would also be organic.

Just one more reason to enjoy Scrapple.

Post #2

Angelo replied to Scrapple's poston July 11, 2008 at 5:48pm

Not far from my hometown, there is an Amish market that sells Scrapple (it's a bit bland, but the only scrapple I can find up there). I am sure that the particular brand that they sell is organic (and probably has been for generations).

Post #3

Hayley wroteon April 4, 2009 at 4:57pm

what??? there can be no true scrapple if it is not ACTUAL scrapple!!

Post #4

Lisa wroteon November 14, 2009 at 7:15am

Isn't organic scrapple kind of like an oxymoron?

Basically, pork bits and pieces with cornmeal as a binder, lots of peppery spice.

:helloFCA:

I love apple butter! I've been eating it all my life. My dad was born and raised in Houston and he introduced it to me when I was little. We always had it in the fridge. But what is a "mamon tostado", Scarlett?

Ok, now I'm really hungry :)

I love apple butter! I've been eating it all my life. My dad was born and raised in Houston and he introduced it to me when I was little. We always had it in the fridge. But what is a "mamon tostado", Scarlett?

It's a toasted cake that keeps well. I think you basically make some sort of butter or chiffon cake, but not as sweet as the usual ones. Then I guess you toast it in a slow oven. When I read about lembas in "The Lord of the Rings" this is what I imagined it to be like.

Some examples... Brand A... and my usual Brand

You probably have stores that carry it in Northern California, certainly in Daly City. If you'll meet with Couchie and me next weekend, I'll bring some.

ps. You always find the best pictures -- thanks for the gorgeous one above!

It's a toasted cake that keeps well. I think you basically make some sort of butter or chiffon cake, but not as sweet as the usual ones. Then I guess you toast it in a slow oven. When I read about lembas in "The Lord of the Rings" this is what I imagined it to be like.

You probably have stores that carry it in Northern California, certainly in Daly City. If you'll meet with Couchie and me next weekend, I'll bring some.

Oh I see now, thanks. It's a toasted cake and not what I imagined as a mexican tostada. LOL

Ah the difference a vowel can make. I can definitly see how apple butter would be delicious on this.

And thanks for the invite. I would lLOVE to finally meet up with some of the folks from the board here. I will really look at trying to make it happen. Would next Saturday late afternoon/evening work? A PM would be fine.

Heeee......I was born in Philly - it is best to just not question that stuff - and do you know how to pronounce Skuykill, as in the beautiful Skuykill River that runs through parts of the city? Skookle.

And as the highway named for it is sometimes known around here..... the 'sure kill.' It's a pretty nasty highway, but not treacherous enough to deserve that name. I drive it every day to get to work. Yep, I say 'Sookle.'

Oh I see now, thanks. It's a toasted cake and not what I imagined as a mexican tostada. LOL

Ah the difference a vowel can make. I can definitly see how apple butter would be delicious on this.

And thanks for the invite. I would lLOVE to finally meet up with some of the folks from the board here. I will really look at trying to make it happen. Would next Saturday late afternoon/evening work? A PM would be fine.

Oh, I think that schedule would work great. Couchie, how about you? Anyone else in the area? I know that claylove is several hours away but hopefully if she sees this and is free, maybe she can make it as well.

Still can't get over how nice he sounds while both singing and speaking at the gala.