#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

:GE_FCA:

What a busy Clay news day -- from Raleigh to Germany to Twitter and back again! :snoopy:

Since we don't have a Joyful Noise Tour this year, the Carolina On My Mind blog's "virtual tour" bus will feature a different concert/tour each edition via vault videos, photos, graphics, etc. First stop is Greensboro JNaT 2006. I know several GSO players and included a backstage interview with a violinist, as well as all the JNaT 06 definitions, a link to Spotlightlover's "MDYK" and Chardonnay's "Best of NaCT Banter" videos. Hope you enjoy! :whistling-1:

The lead photo by ShineinNC has always been one of my favorites:

Goro_Shine1a.jpg

Photo by ShineinNC

Thank you for your visits/comments. Kai and Lia are not in this entry, but they will return ... SOON! :wub: Retweets are always appreciated since mine go to "All Friends" and not the "CA" column on TweetDeck.

Have an awesome week! :yahoo:

Caro2.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOVE the new picture. It's great seeing him out and about (no pun intended), and that smile gets me every time!

Helloooo FCA!

I haven't been here in a little while and won't be for a while yet. First computer problems and now a bulging spinal disc have been keeping me away. Doc and physio both say that sitting is not my friend at the moment so I am lying flat out and taking some strong pain killers ( hooray !) and getting bored to tears! Hopefully the exercises and rest will have me right in no time and by then there will be exciting juicy clack to drool over view with polite, restrained admiration.

Hope you are all doing well, happy Thanksgiving, happy birthday, merry Christmas.

Oh ausdon, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you feel better soon!

Nice to see you again soulsista!

... about the PBS special, I wonder if they'll get smart and offer the DVD for pledge week, e.g. for a $50 pledge. That'll be tremendous exposure but at the same time it would also help PBS with its fund-raising. They usually add an item to the DVD for a somewhat higher pledge (e.g. $100) and 2 or more items for an even higher pledge (e.g. $200-$250) -- wonder what those items could be? what would entice YOU (or people you know in the fandom) to go for the higher pledge amounts? Me, I know we have a great PBS station here and would support it even without Clay so any small item would be enough for me -- maybe a stuffed toy or a signed program.

I watched several PBS specials last night, including the one from an amazing vocal group called Straight No Chaser.

Of course, it is also pledge time. Anyway, the pledge levels were: $75, a copy of their latest CD; $125, a DVD of the show I watched; $175, both bundled in one package. I think when the PBS special comes around for Clay (and I feel it in my bones that it will happen), it will probably be a similar deal. And yes, I'm a total sheep and would pledge to get the bundled package, even if I already had both. Why? Because I'd love to "tell" PBS that I like Clay and would like to have more programs from him on their channel. I think it will be interesting to see how many other fans would do this. But -- I think the point of a PBS special is to get OTHER people to appreciate Clay, and I think that would work spectacularly. JMO of course.

Oh, I think that schedule would work great. Couchie, how about you? Anyone else in the area? I know that claylove is several hours away but hopefully if she sees this and is free, maybe she can make it as well.

Still can't get over how nice he sounds while both singing and speaking at the gala.

Thanks so much for thinking of me Scarlett. You are so sweet. I wish I could join you but unfortunately, its doubtful I will be able to make it because I am committed to "Wrapping for Inclusion" on the weekends until Christmas. Hopefully there will be another gathering after the holidays!

luckiest1 & goldarngirl, thank you so much for the JNT05 Best of Vancouver. I have been missing Clay at Christmas! I just got a new TV during the Black Friday sales, my first LCD TV which I LOVE. Its so much clearer than my old tube TV. This weekend I hooked it up to my laptop for the first time using HDMI, so this just might be the first clack I watch on my new TV!

:bye6:FCA peeps!

Helloooo FCA!

I haven't been here in a little while and won't be for a while yet. First computer problems and now a bulging spinal disc have been keeping me away. Doc and physio both say that sitting is not my friend at the moment so I am lying flat out and taking some strong pain killers ( hooray !) and getting bored to tears! Hopefully the exercises and rest will have me right in no time and by then there will be exciting juicy clack to drool over view with polite, restrained admiration.

Hope you are all doing well, happy Thanksgiving, happy birthday, merry Christmas.

:) I was just thinking about you this past week, ausdon! Gentle :hug: for you & your poor back.

Haven't been around - here or anywhere else - much lately. Work has had me looking/feeling/acting like this -> :badmood:.... Hope everyone had a great turkey day! Christmas will be here before we know it - where did the year go??? :huh:

<snip> Because I'd love to "tell" PBS that I like Clay and would like to have more programs from him on their channel. I think it will be interesting to see how many other fans would do this. But -- I think the point of a PBS special is to get OTHER people to appreciate Clay, and I think that would work spectacularly. JMO of course.

Me too!

ausdon, sorry to read about your back, and annabear, {{hugs}}, keep counting the days until Christmas and let's hope for a happy new year (I wonder where this year has gone to too!).

LOOOOOOOOOOVE the new picture. It's great seeing him out and about (no pun intended), and that smile gets me every time!

... about the PBS special, I wonder if they'll get smart and offer the DVD for pledge week, e.g. for a $50 pledge. That'll be tremendous exposure but at the same time it would also help PBS with its fund-raising. They usually add an item to the DVD for a somewhat higher pledge (e.g. $100) and 2 or more items for an even higher pledge (e.g. $200-$250) -- wonder what those items could be? what would entice YOU (or people you know in the fandom) to go for the higher pledge amounts? Me, I know we have a great PBS station here and would support it even without Clay so any small item would be enough for me -- maybe a stuffed toy or a signed program.

I watched several PBS specials last night, including the one from an amazing vocal group called Straight No Chaser.

Of course, it is also pledge time. Anyway, the pledge levels were: $75, a copy of their latest CD; $125, a DVD of the show I watched; $175, both bundled in one package. I think when the PBS special comes around for Clay (and I feel it in my bones that it will happen), it will probably be a similar deal. And yes, I'm a total sheep and would pledge to get the bundled package, even if I already had both. Why? Because I'd love to "tell" PBS that I like Clay and would like to have more programs from him on their channel. I think it will be interesting to see how many other fans would do this. But -- I think the point of a PBS special is to get OTHER people to appreciate Clay, and I think that would work spectacularly. JMO of course.

Yes, that smile just lights up the place!!!

I guess my reference point with PBS is rather old -- they used to have sweatshirts and signed items but i guess times are different now. I'd still get the bundle as well -- always good to do 2 things at the same time: make sure my PBS station stays around for a long time and get some real Clack with real printed pictures (oh, now I'll want two! *sob*)

ETA:

{{{ausdon}}} and {{{Anna}}} (sorry to have missed you the first time, Anna!)

:hugs-1: to you both!!!

ETAA:

treenuts, claylove mentioned WFI at her place and I wonder if there is one going on your area on Saturday? We could meet there, help out and then have dinner.

Oh, and you still want your Mamon Tostado sample, right? I'll bring some Texas apple butter too (not the Philly one, this is from New Braunfels). :)

treenuts, claylove mentioned WFI at her place and I wonder if there is one going on your area on Saturday? We could meet there, help out and then have dinner.

Oh, and you still want you Mamon Tostado sample, right? I'll bring some Texas apple butter too (not the Philly one, this is from New Braunfels).

Scarlett, you are too kind! :wub: You're making me hungry and it's kind of late for me to start snacking. LOL

As for WFI, it's funny you asked because I just this very moment PM'd claylove asking her where she volunteers. I have been looking to get involved but there is never one in my area that I can find. I would love if we all could make a day of that too. Besides I'm not sure you would want to drive out to where I live as it's over an hour away from the bay area.

LOVE the pic of Clay and I'm keeping everything crossed that he's been working/recording in Germany :snoopy:

Oh, and you still want you Mamon Tostado sample, right? I'll bring some Texas apple butter too (not the Philly one, this is from New Braunfels).

Scarlett, you are too kind! :wub: You're making me hungry and it's kind of late for me to start snacking. LOL

As for WFI, it's funny you asked because I just this very moment PM'd claylove asking her where she volunteers. I have been looking to get involved but there is never one in my area that I can find. I would love if we all could make a day of that too. Besides I'm not sure you would want to drive out to where I live as it's over an hour away from the bay area.

LOVE the pic of Clay and I'm keeping everything crossed that he's been working/recording in Germany :snoopy:

Do you have any contacts, say at a store at union square or one of the malls? I think that between all of us (sorry if I'm volunteering everyone) we could do a WFI -- at the minimum with 3 of us and with some luck maybe 5-7. (Claylove, what's the usual number and process for arranging one?) I promise to stick to conventional styles of wrapping and traditional paper, really I will!!! *pinky swear* I'll also be in the area Sunday morning or afternoon, if that works better for you.

About Germany, I wonder if he's tried the autobahn and if so, how fast he's gone. Hmmm, I should post these on OFC in case he starts answering questions again...

EATA: OTOH, maybe people will like non-traditional wrappings. Check these out -- I brought them home last week to use as gift wrappers, and can bring them if we have a WFI:

4165582548_b8acefbb98.jpg

Wow, 4 days without straying away from the Clayboards, Looks like my Clay depression is over. :party045: :04:

The depression means that I did'nt like Clay, I love the guy. It's just that RL problems get to me and I always have the habit of straying, sometime almost as much as 3 weeks. :o

Wow, 4 days without straying away from the Clayboards, Looks like my Clay depression is over. :party045: :04:

The depression means that I did'nt like Clay, I love the guy. It's just that RL problems get to me and I always have the habit of straying, sometime almost as much as 3 weeks. :o

And for the 4th day in a row I got paged, this time from Malaysia. But again, someone from there offered to take the call and told me to go back to bed (hah!) but it was very nice of her and I'm still v. thankful about this streak.

djs, I forgot to say thank you for the scrapple info. :thankyou: To add to that hilarious exchange, here's an article on .... ta!dah! Vegan scrapple. Yes!!! I kid you not... Link

:GM_FCA:

55 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning FCA. Looks like our snow's gone...

:nature-smiley-014:

Have a great day!!!

ETA: Checks the time and sees that I have to drive way above the speed limit. Wish we had an autobahn here... *crosses fingers*

Good morning FCA. Looks like our snow's gone...

:nature-smiley-014:

Have a great day!!!

ETA: Checks the time and sees that I have to drive way above the speed limit. Wish we had an autobahn here... *crosses fingers*

Be careful, Scarlett! :wub:

Have a great day, all! :snoopy:

Caro2.gif

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

<snip>

*thanks Caro profusely, then weeps on her shoulder*

I guess doing 85 on US 59 (when traffic clears enough to allow it) isn't very useful when you finally park the car, turn around and discover that your laptop is still at home....

Wah! "Monday got me"....

But ok, I learned my lesson and will drive carefully back to work now... *sniff*

treenuts - saturday late after noon works for me too. I have a couple people to contact today including YSRN. Sorry you can't make it down claylove but you do good work. My own family doesn't let me wrap gifts for people in my own family LOL.

Ausdon! Nice to see you.

It's winter! It snowed in the Bay Area last night! Too funny.

My nephew is playing basketball for the first time. I went to his first game yesterday. It was painful. I just don't think he has the attention span for this sport LOL. But they won. SO GO COUGARS heee. I could see the little team get better as each quarter went by though. I will need to give him some pointers on this one. He had fun thought and scored one basket and he is extremely proud of that -- so that's all that's important.

I love Hannah. Sigh thinking about the Prayer LIVE...one of my favorite things ever.

And I was just wondering what scrapple was last night. I heard it on something or other.

What did I miss about Germany. I read backwards but couldn't find it!

Happy Monday everyone.

What a busy Clay news day -- from Raleigh to Germany to Twitter and back again! :snoopy:

Caro2.gif

'spain, please? *bats eyelashes*

((((ausdon)))) hope you feel better sooner than soon!

*pout* just read on my homepage that AL is getting a spot on SYTYCD. The kid sure couldn't ask for any more breaks than he's gotten, could he? Does 19 own his soul as well?

<snip>

I guess doing 85 on US 59 (when traffic clears enough to allow it) isn't very useful when you finally park the car, turn around and discover that your laptop is still at home....

Wah! "Monday got me"....

But ok, I learned my lesson and will drive carefully back to work now... *sniff*

OUCH, Scarlett! I leave for the academy in 45 minutes. I think I'll double-check my music bag right now! :lol:

Caro2.gif

Clay was in the news for lotsa locations and, as always, via Twitter. Wonder if he would add the Triad and Canada to his itinerary! :snoopy:

Feel better, ausdon. :wub:

Thnx for the blog visits. Feedjit shows that you arrived from FCA. See y'all later ...

Caro2.gif

New Twitter from...oh, about 30 seconds ago (love getting these on my cellphone when I have the phone CLOSE to me, heh).

clayaiken

Thanks for donating your time! RT @AmyWes: Wrapping 4 Inclusion 2day in Omaha 4 @clayaiken 's charity NIP

cindi, I'm not Caro, but I think Clay's being "in the news" last week was because of his birthday, which was reported in many media (including ET).

WOOHOO for Houston's snow alerts! Enjoy and stay safe! :whistling-1:

Enjoy your California visit, Scarlett! :snoopy:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is entitled "Clay Aiken Music Heralds Holidays" and features Aspiegirl's "Christmastime" montage, a new December calendar (with and w/out dates) by cindilu2 with other graphicss by Fountaindawg, Invisible926, and Clayquebec1. Just as important -- to Grandma Caro -- are the pictures of Kai and Lia. :wub:

th_Kai_Th2a.jpg th_cind_DEC09nd1.jpg

Clickables of Kai and Clay

Hope you enjoy! My festive siggy was sent to me by A Beautiful Mind. Have a great weekend, all! :yahoo:

th_Caro_09.gif

Caro... I love your festive siggy! Very cool! I can't wait to get to play at your site.

Helloooo FCA!

PS: Couchie, I have not forgotten, just been delayed. XX

ausdon... good to hear from you, but sad to hear you are in so much pain. Get well soon!

<snip>

Wah! "Monday got me"....

Scarlett... O.M.G. You are so so adventurous! It is always so much fun to read about them and the many directions your busy life goes. Stay safe, tho, please!

Caro2.gif

*pout* just read on my homepage that AL is getting a spot on SYTYCD. The kid sure couldn't ask for any more breaks than he's gotten, could he? Does 19 own his soul as well?

cindi... UGH!!! I watch SYTYCD faithfully. I'll have to mute and FF when AL is on.

I have walked my little toes to death... We went to the White House to see it and the Christmas tree. Then we walked to the Smithsonian and toured the Gem and Mineral section. Un-freakin'-believable!!! We then walked to the Washington monument and then home. At least a 6 mile round trip.

Saturday we went on a tour of Capital Hill. Since it was a slow day (rain/snow combo), then let us go and sit in the Senate gallery and watch the debate on the healthcare bill. Very impressive the research that was done to show the problems with the bill. We then went to the Library of Congress, got Reader's cards and went in and looked at a couple of books. Very kewl!!! 5 miles of walking.

Sunday we walked down Embassy Row, then into Georgetown, then home. I loved Embassy Row... each Embassy is different and all those flags a flyin' are impressive. 6 miles.

Today, I had to rent a car and drive an hour away to our company HQ and work. Got back to DC easy enough, but was lost for 45 minutes trying to get back to the car rental place. They have all these traffic circles and streets that curve, plus one-way streets. It was awful and I never want to drive here again. Now I know why Washingtonians walk everywhere... LOL Only 2 miles.

I have 2.5 days left, with some BAD weather coming tomorrow night, so we'll see how much more I get to do and see. National Geograhic is close to here and they have the terracotta warriors there from China, so I'm going to try and get there for sure. I have loved the antiquity and history of almost every sqare inch here. I'm so happy I decided to come.

Sounds wonderful liney! The museums in DC are great. A little known area is the bonsai exhibit. My husband raises bonsai so we made sure to visit. He was able to speak with a very well known bonsai master while we were there. It was pretty deserted in the summer.

Have a great visit.

I have walked my little toes to death... We went to the White House to see it and the Christmas tree. Then we walked to the Smithsonian and toured the Gem and Mineral section. Un-freakin'-believable!!! We then walked to the Washington monument and then home. At least a 6 mile round trip.

Saturday we went on a tour of Capital Hill. Since it was a slow day (rain/snow combo), then let us go and sit in the Senate gallery and watch the debate on the healthcare bill. Very impressive the research that was done to show the problems with the bill. We then went to the Library of Congress, got Reader's cards and went in and looked at a couple of books. Very kewl!!! 5 miles of walking.

Sunday we walked down Embassy Row, then into Georgetown, then home. I loved Embassy Row... each Embassy is different and all those flags a flyin' are impressive. 6 miles.

Today, I had to rent a car and drive an hour away to our company HQ and work. Got back to DC easy enough, but was lost for 45 minutes trying to get back to the car rental place. They have all these traffic circles and streets that curve, plus one-way streets. It was awful and I never want to drive here again. Now I know why Washingtonians walk everywhere... LOL Only 2 miles.

I have 2.5 days left, with some BAD weather coming tomorrow night, so we'll see how much more I get to do and see. National Geograhic is close to here and they have the terracotta warriors there from China, so I'm going to try and get there for sure. I have loved the antiquity and history of almost every sqare inch here. I'm so happy I decided to come.

Did you go see Washington Cathedral and the British Embassy? I was married in the cathedral and had my reception in the Embassy! (Hee I used to be a contender :hahaha: ) In the room where the reception was held there was a drape that went completely round the huge room. It was made of one piece of fabric and had Shakespearean characters woven in it. Just gorgeous!

The Terra Cotta Warriors were here in Houston and it was worth every one of the very expensive pennies to see them!

OK now back to coughing up my lungs. I've been sick for 5 days but at least it is not the flu!

GO TEXAS! My DD was at the game and said she was soooo glad they won!

ETA: When in the he** did I get to be a chairman and who wrote all of my 2570 posts? Couldn't have been me! I'm never that verbose.

New Twitter from...oh, about 30 seconds ago (love getting these on my cellphone when I have the phone CLOSE to me, heh).

clayaiken

Thanks for donating your time! RT @AmyWes: Wrapping 4 Inclusion 2day in Omaha 4 @clayaiken 's charity NIP

ldyj, was that response directly to you?? How very cool!! :clap:

....and now, of course, for the commercial: re Chase Community Giving

The time is running out for voting on this very important poll on Facebook. Please....if you are on Facebook...PLEASE vote for the Bubel Aiken Foundation (NB use of older name) at Chase Community Giving. It is very quick and simple to vote:

1. Become a fan of Chase Community Giving

2. Search for Bubel Aiken Foundation or go to BAF link

3. Vote!

If you are not yet on Facebook, but have been considering joining, this is a great time to do so! Please come join us!

Deadline is December 12, 2009 for the first round.

I have attached (I hope this works....) a very simple .pdf template for those of you who would like to encourage friends, relatives and co-workers to vote as well. This was created for us by Diane D. and I think it's a wonderful idea! It gives instructions and the name in a very simple format. The template is for Avery Business Cards #8371 but will fit most generic business card blanks.

votebaf.pdf

clayaiken

ldyj, was that response directly to you?? How very cool!! :clap:

No, sorry...not a direct response to me. My twitter name is my screen name here. I wish it would have been direct to me!

There are only three people I follow on twitter that I send directly to my phone: my workplace (which I figure I might need if we get the snowstorm predicted tomorrow evening), Guy Fieri (who is fun) and Clay.