#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

:GM_FCA:

The "virtual" holiday tour bus rolls on at the Carolina On My Mind with SueReu’s beautiful new "O Holy Night-Emmanuel” montage that blends seven concerts from four Joyful Noise tours. Videographers include Scarlett, Spotlightlover, and Secretly Loves Clay.

The blog entry also includes montages of grandchildren Kai and Lia created by two Internet "aunties," Ashes and Aspiegirl.

th_SROHN_SLC2.jpg

Clickable screen cap - SueReu

Thank you for your visits and comments in the Internet Clay blogs, a tremendous aid with Google placement. :snoopy:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the travel logs by FCA members. Keep sharing! :yahoo:

So glad the drama of votergate is almost over, and I hope Clay always uses his voice!

Have an awesome weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro2.gif

Thank you so much for giving me something to look forward to when I get home. I've been in Joyful Noise withdrawal and this is just perfect!!! :thankyou::BlowKiss:

:GE_FCA:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Also glad votergate is almost over -- I'm taking Clay's lead and not voting in Houston even though I'm still registered there. I love all the things I learn from this fandom!!!

EATA: Still miss the real Joyful Noise though... *sniff*

We're having a heat wave here, going to be up to 24 degrees today! Yesterday it was 4 degrees! I am so not ready for winter!

51 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The "virtual" holiday tour bus rolls on at the Carolina On My Mind with SueReu’s beautiful new "O Holy Night-Emmanuel” montage that blends seven concerts from four Joyful Noise tours. Videographers include Scarlett, Spotlightlover, and Secretly Loves Clay.

Thank you so much for giving me something to look forward to when I get home. I've been in Joyful Noise withdrawal and this is just perfect!!! :thankyou:

LOL, I hope you enjoyed the Joyful Noise rewind, Scarlett! :BlowKiss:

Today is the birthday of Kai and Lia's mother, so you can imagine how schmoopie I am. I never use that word, so I probably didn't spell it correctly. HEEE!!! :whistling-1:

I added an addendum to the blog with a link to the 2006 entry I wrote about this day. We barely made it to the hospital, and Jen was born within an hour. We sent out announcements that Santa had come early. :wub:

Have a great day, FCA! :yahoo:

Caro2.gif

I haven't looked at the VEVO site yet (I'll check it out this week-end), but I just read a blurb on an entertainment blog about how John Mayer described the website:

But it was our old friend John Mayer who sold it best. "I would like VEVO to be my hub," he said, motioning to his artist page from the site, which was displayed on a large projection. "I like how under my bio they have represented my life with an empty heart. That’s true." He went on, "VEVO, I think, stops the vicious cycle of artists and labels saying that people don’t want to watch music videos, therefore there’s no reason to invest money or energy in music videos, so therefore people stop watching music videos," he said. He liked the idea of Google and YouTube directing fans to the highest-quality representations of his work on the web. And he liked that the site's designers weren't going to be bombarding the site's visitors with commercials. "Nobody likes watching fifteen seconds of a commercial, watching 25 seconds of a video, deciding you don’t want to see that video, and then moving to another video and having to watch another 15 second commercial," he said. "What I’ve been told you guys are doing is timing it out on how much usage there is, aggregated, so you don’t have to watch a commercial every time there’s a new video you want to take in. I think that’s really cool. That’s a good way to make goodwill of the user." He paused. "I'm making most of this stuff up on the spot by the way."

In addition, artists will be able to upload videos of their rehearsals or live acoustic shows, which, Mayer explained to the room, is a nonnegotiable part of the job now. "There’s so much access being demanded by the public," he said. "The public makes the contract. Artists have to follow it. You cannot argue it. You cannot fight the future. You cannot instruct a fan how to act. You cannot tell someone to put a camera down. You cannot tell a guy to have manners. These are the new manners, the new contract, and I think it’s really important for artists to remember that. This is what our fans are asking for. They want access. And I want access. We all want access. And I think it would be interesting to see Lady Gaga’s sound check, and a song from a show of mine on just guitar, or a song from a high def camera underneath a high hat. This is the access people want to have, on a molecular level." He turned to VEVO's new CEO, Rio Caraeff, before waving goodbye to the crowd and heading home. "I’m very excited to bring 85 percent crap to you, 15 percent high-intensity-digital artist performance. Just telling the truth, my friend."

Sounds like it's a potentially good tool for an artist to use to interact with his or her fanbase. (Or another thing for some of the Clay Nation wring their hands over Clay not using - like Twitter. :rolleyes: )

LOL..yep..sounds like one more thing Clay won't be doing bwah. So it's one more thing I can bypass.

Happy Friday everyone.

I was in a mood last night -- one that called for heavy dossage of Good News. I think I listened to it like 20 times in a row LOL. As usual, did the trick. Don't know what it is about that song.

Awe, don't pass it up, couchie. It's a new video website and he needs some love there! Pretty man, pretty voice. I love listening to him talk in these as much as I love listening to him sing. :flirtysmile3:

There are folks in this fandom that will wring their hands over just about anything so don't let that stop ya ;)

Tree, thanks for the link! It's always nice to join a service early & have your choice of id. :BlowKiss:

Caro, I love it! Suerue makes wonderful montages... Can't wait for her next ones!!! :bloomingflowers:

About that site, though, they probably should've named it soslo instead... :soon:

ETA: I have a question/favor to ask. Some time ago, I posted some screencaps from my wonderful summer with Tasapio (JBT 2005). It was great to sit next to her at many shows because her view was mine and vice versa so it was so nice to see her stills and my clips together. Sometimes, though, I needed some shots that she didn't get and so I made screencaps from the vids. The link below is from a post where I'd put a bunch of 50's screen caps from the Elvis medley. Did anyone save the pictures and if you did, would you please re-send/post them? Thanks!!!

My post w/ "broken" image links

Today is our first day of Wrapping...so looking forward to it...we are just a small group and only wrap at our local Barnes and Noble, but they are so good to us and it is so much fun to go back every year and meet people who remember us from the previous year...this has now become part of my Christmas tradition and I cannot imagine not doing it.

50 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Kim

ETA: I have a question/favor to ask. Some time ago, I posted some screencaps from my wonderful summer with Tasapio (JBT 2005). It was great to sit next to her at many shows because her view was mine and vice versa so it was so nice to see her stills and my clips together. Sometimes, though, I needed some shots that she didn't get and so I made screencaps from the vids. The link below is from a post where I'd put a bunch of 50's screen caps from the Elvis medley. Did anyone save the pictures and if you did, would you please re-send/post them? Thanks!!!

I checked, but unfortunately I didn't save those. (I usually don't save screen caps.) That's a great post after the caps, BTW.

I checked, but unfortunately I didn't save those. (I usually don't save screen caps.) That's a great post after the caps, BTW.

Thanks and that's ok, I'll just have to 'force' myself to re-watch the clips (horrors! such torture!) and make the screencaps all over again! :)

:helloFCA:

ETA: ... I REALLY should run out to vote now *fingers crossed*

New Tweet sighting, via CV:

volleygrrl23:Clay Aiken was at my dad's restaurant today

her bio says:

Heyy my name is gretchen but some people call me maggie for some reason (: Im 14, a freshman in highschool, and from minnesota (:

Also, a lurker at Openly Clay says that her sister heard on a Minneapolis radio station that Clay was spotted with Reed's Mom at a restaurant.

Of course, both should be taken with a grain of salt...but I'm going to :04: nonetheless!

From the OC:

My sister, who lives in Minneapolis, just told me that one of the local radio stations said that Clay was seen in Saint Paul this morning at a restaurant called "The Downtowner" with the former-first-lady of the city Kathy Kelly (that's Reed's mother). I looked it up and the place looks nice.

http://www.downtownerwoodfire.com/

Could this really be true?!! iglitter.gif My sister swears that is exactly what they said. I thought I would put it to you all to see if you have heard anything.

biggrin.gif Yeay! For Clay hanging out with the family!! Now is he seeing Reed?!!

It was also noted that Reed had mentioned on his Facebook that he has been shoveling a lot of snow!

Back from our first day of Wrapping this year...it was a great day! Lots of people and just a wonderful response when we tell them what The National Inclusion Project is about. We had a gentleman stop by the table who is a special ed teacher and he wanted information about The Project. Love that we are getting the word out!

Kim

Annise Parker becomes mayor of Houston!

Parker's win makes Houston the largest U.S. city ever to have an openly gay mayor.

[/tiny voice] Can we say.... NY/ME, see how it's done? [/tv]

*i know, i know, should just be thankful and shouldn't be smug... but living in texas how often can we say this?...will.stop.now*

Annise Parker becomes mayor of Houston!

Parker's win makes Houston the largest U.S. city ever to have an openly gay mayor.

[/tiny voice] Can we say.... NY/ME, see how it's done? [/tv]

*i know, i know, should just be thankful and shouldn't be smug... but living in texas how often can we say this?...will.stop.now*

:04: :04: :04: :04:

Well done Houston!!! :wub:

Maybe just maybe when a person who is gay wins an election it won't be big news. On the other hand it does bring awareness. She seems like a low key, intelligent person from the few news snippets I saw on CNN. Here's hoping she can do her job without every move she makes getting judged by the media and/or those who may be haters.

Congratulations to the residents of Houston. :clap:

Another busy day; Christmas shopping, baking and to top it all off, hubby came home from work with a turkey last week...we were supposed to get it for Thanksgiving but the company was late getting them to the employees and since I don't have room in my freezer, I will be roasting a turkey today. Not going to do all the usual trimmings...but it will be nice to have turkey to eat during the week.

49 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Kim

Maybe just maybe when a person who is gay wins an election it won't be big news. On the other hand it does bring awareness. She seems like a low key, intelligent person from the few news snippets I saw on CNN. Here's hoping she can do her job without every move she makes getting judged by the media and/or those who may be haters.

Congratulations to the residents of Houston. :clap:

It wasn't a big issue for most of the campaign. It was only toward the end when some groups started getting into it in a rather nasty way.

And it is newsworthy/historical because it's this first time with one of the largest cities (houston is 4th in the country). nyc, sfo, la haven't accomplished this yet.

Back from our first day of Wrapping this year...it was a great day! Lots of people and just a wonderful response when we tell them what The National Inclusion Project is about. We had a gentleman stop by the table who is a special ed teacher and he wanted information about The Project. Love that we are getting the word out!

Glad you had a good time and that there was lots of activity! Hoping for next year for us...

Hey, merrieee!!!

Can we watch the final battle between good and evil from your media room? Apparently God is going to strike down our fair city, according to some comments on cnn.com... :hahaha:

I think my eyeballs just rolled back in my head permanently....more importantly....is she going to be a good mayor, do you think? I'm with Fear....I'll be SO, SO glad when this is not big news.

But, congrats to Houston for pointing the way. From my experience in the big, bad west I'd say that's a huge milestone.