#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

:yeahthat: I'm also looking forward to meeting up with other Clay fans. I thought it might be fun to get together with those FCAers attending the Biltmore concert to meet afterwards. I'll check on the places open in the Estate or nearby. A Friday night should work out. I had a really nice time at the breakfast the FromClaygary set up after the taping. Always nice to get together.

:helloFCA: Have a great day with lots of Clay news today. I'll be gone as I'm working in this miserable pouring rain day. Thankfully it gets me away from the gardening I did this weekend.

:GM_FCA:

14 Days until June 1st and The New CD! :04:

34 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

:yahoo:

51 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

66 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins! :09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:helloFCA:

Positive CD article for the most part!

Clay Aiken talks about new album

http://greginhollywo...-1#comment-7581

tree... nothing personal, but I HATE that article! Why, you ask... cause the idiot just HAD to put in that gay descriptor in there. Idjit!!! Without that, I, too, think it is a positive article. There was just no need to put that in there. Sigh!

Isn't that kinda the point of Greg In Hollywood though? It's called Greg in Hollywood-News about Gay Celebrities. Like that he seems excited by/enamored of the idea of the cd anyway. I'll take it.

Opps... I didn't notice that it was a gay blog... that does make it more positive. My eyes went right to the article. I's sawwee! My bad.

gbm... Ditto!!! 2 weeks till we can hear the entire thing... whoo hoo!

Edited by jmh123
fixed code -jmh123

:yeahthat: I'm also looking forward to meeting up with other Clay fans. I thought it might be fun to get together with those FCAers attending the Biltmore concert to meet afterwards. I'll check on the places open in the Estate or nearby. A Friday night should work out. I had a really nice time at the breakfast the FromClaygary set up after the taping. Always nice to get together.

:helloFCA: Have a great day with lots of Clay news today. I'll be gone as I'm working in this miserable pouring rain day. Thankfully it gets me away from the gardening I did this weekend.

Me too...first time really traveling for a concert and I am so excited...will be interesting to see what my hubby thinks of all of this...his first Clay Aiken concert/experience, LOL!

Kim

PLEASE READ: NEWS ABOUT THE PBS SPECIAL!

I have some news that I've had to keep to myself for several weeks. But thank goodness I’ve finally been given the green light to tell the fans, so here goes:

As you know, Clay's special is premiering on PBS in August. But the show is actually airing on ONE U.S. station in June: WTTW in Chicago. Yes, my station. As a result of a major selling job I undertook when I landed back at work after the Raleigh taping (an endeavor that involved browbeating, threats, groveling and the relinquishment of any future offspring *g*), my station's VP of pledge obtained the rights to "preview" the special before the rest of the country.

So, viewers in the Chicago area will be able to see it live on WTTW (Channel 11) on Saturday, June 12 at 7:00 pm CDT. And anyone in the U.S. and Canada -- and presumably, anywhere else -- will be able to call or go online once the show starts and pledge for the DVD and (I think) a couple of versions (physical or digital download) of the CD with additional tracks. Which means that you won’t have to wait until August to order, although whether you’re going to pledge in June or not, it's vitally important that you pledge your local stations when they broadcast the show in August if you possibly can. Clay’s show needs to do well all over the country, not just here! (I have a feeling I'll be reminding you of this again later. *g*)

Right now, it looks like the CD will go for $55, the DVD for $75, and the CD and DVD together will pledge at $125. Closer to the broadcast, I'll provide you with the phone number and URL. Please do me a favor and don't contact my station looking for additional info -- our Customer Service reps are underpaid and overworked as it is. *g* If there's something you need to know, just ask me and I'll try to answer.

There is another special premium that we are thrilled to be able to offer exclusively for this Chicago pledge drive and premiere broadcast of Tried & True – you’ll find information about that in the Members Only section.

Thanks for the news, Pink!! Sounds exciting! Especially for the people who live in your viewing area, but I will definitely be ordering a DVD. What's money good for besides Clayentertainment anyway? :cryingwlaughter:

I just called my concert buddy and she teasingly said maybe a visit to her Mother who lives in Chicago for that weekend. Both of us have a conflict for that date but you never know. I would just die to see this in June. I have put aside money for pledge, I just wish I knew if our local stations would be picking it up. I get 4 different PBS stations from areas around me. I have limited funds so I can not buy from both Chicago and here.

:GM_FCA:

So excited about the Special airing on June 12th!

13 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

33 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

50 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

65 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim, since you live in the Chicago area, will you be able to watch the PBS special on WTTW on June 12th, and give us recaps here on the board?

Yes I will...unfortunately I don't have a laptop..so it may be after the show or during pledge breaks...I will have to run back and forth to the computer. I am so looking forward to this...hoping I can get my hubby to watch with me to prepare him for Ashville!

Ldyj Do you get WTTW where you are?

Kim

I'm a complete mess after watching the Decca video for the umpteenth time! What that adorable man does to me :flirtysmile3:

Annnnd....Notacanuck posted this at the CH -

according to TV Guide, under Clay's credits is listed The View .... He'll be on the show June 2 with Belinda Carlisle.

Does this mean it's starting?!?! :yahoo:

From Pink Armchair -

Hey, everybody...I've been asked to clarify this, although most of you have probably figured out that I tend to approach things with levity. The part of my original announcement of the Chicago broadcast about "threats, groveling, etc." was a JOKE. I thought that was obvious, but perhaps not.

Clay's special was not in any way a hard sell or a charity case. In fact, TPTB at my station, I think, were interested from the get-go, especially after I described it to my VP of pledge accurately as a "fantastic show that should pledge very well." It was a no-brainer for him. Just wanted to make that clear.

This post may travel and I hope it does! Back to the salt mine.

(bolding mine)

Just watched the video...dang having to wait until I get home from work to see things is becoming a real pain in the ass...but it was so worth the wait! Love listening to Clay talk and Clay on the Rocks...yowza!

Yes, I do believe it is starting...Decca certainly has the foreplay down pat!

LdyjMy living room is my computer room, but the computer is not anywhere near the TV; but I will do the best I can!

Kim