#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

The first tweet says he is somewhere but I didn't post that. It was not specific as to where. People are sensitive to live tweeting.

Someone on another board says it can't be true because Reed just posted, from his computer...but no one said it was Reed he was with.

The first tweet says he is somewhere but I didn't post that. It was not specific as to where. People are sensitive to live tweeting.

Someone on another board says it can't be true because Reed just posted, from his computer...but no one said it was Reed he was with.

Ahh, I see - and I agree. It's fun to read after the fact, but live tweeting, yeah... it's a little too GawkerStalker for comfort.

So how do people know Reed's posting? (and from his computer no less - I'm sure he probably has an iPad ;-)

When you post from an iPad or iPhone the default signature says posted from..... If it is not there it is assumed it is from a computer but the signature can easily be changed.

Well, it might not have been Reed, but 'post from computer' is easy if one has a laptop.

EEE...loving the Clay pics! Keep 'em comin'! :)

And EEE for my high school graduate. We had a very busy day and everyone is going to bed early. heh

While I felt a little saddened reading the college review, I also reminded myself that this was written by a college student, presumably young, and let's face it..young Berkeley students are not Clay's target audience.

These songs, beautifully arranged and sung though they are, nevertheless are songs that probably her grandparent's listened to. I don't know about you but when I was in college I was listening to Bob Dylan, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Johny Mathis? Perry Como? the various Rat Packers nooo but Roy Orbison yes.

Clay says he has made the album he has always wanted to make. I'm glad that he has and hope that the PBS specials will ignite interest in the CD which will result in good sales.

In college I listened to Janis Joplin and Chicago, James Taylor and Steppenwolf, Motown and the Beatles, etc. And there was a Johnny Mathis album in the lounge in my dorm that I loved so much I stole it. :cryingwlaughter:

I listened to all the above mentioned current singers in college (68-72) but we also listened quite a bit to Sammy Davis Jr. We loved his music from Golden Boy. I was thrilled when Clay covered one of the songs that Sammy sang so well.

Did anyone catch that little "smirk" after he flubbed that line in UM this morning. I was thinking at the time "yea, that look was for the fans who really know his performances." It must be hard to perform, moving from show to show, when they keep changing the length of the performance.I don't even want to think about how "I" would handle those change-ups. :cryingwlaughter:

I do love that scruffy Aiken look and those eyes.....hmmmm! :Iluvclaysbutt:

Loved the smirk! I really enjoyed the performances on the Early Show and his music was featured quite a bit throughout the show. Although I thought that his best singing performance this week was CTMEOY on GMA, he really brought a little more swagger to the song this morning. I love seeing his live performances evolve.

And I have never been one to listen to entire albums in order. It's like a movie soundtrack for me.

I always do listen to albums in order, at least initially. That's probably ingrained from the 60's and 70's when some of my favorites albums had no gaps between tracks and they transitioned into one another, with frequent intentional overlaps. I have downloaded many tracks from older albums that began with the end of the last song. The band/artist did this so that the album would be listened to in whole and in order, but then those were the days of the theme albums.

I just read something that made me chuckle -- a story about Hey Jude and how producer George Martin told the group they couldn't release it as a single because at over 8 minutes long it would never get played on the radio. John Lennon said, "It will if it's us." It was released as a single, and become the biggest selling single in the history of the Beatles. Sometimes you have to break the mold and create a new one. Conventional wisdom doesn't last forever.

I love when albums were cohesive units and were meant to listen one song after another. I think downloading has really changed that approach. One of the many things I love about TnT is that the last songs on the regular album are as strong as the first songs. I think the songs flow beautifully, one to the other (possible exception-UM to SM).

The song that has grown on me the most is It's Only Make Believe. That one goes on repeat more often than not, along with Mack the Knife.

:yeahthat:

I've only listened to the two bonus songs on the deluxe cd once. Neither of them really grabbed me. And I will admit to being a teensy weensy bit disappointed in BMUB. I didn't expect that. Misty is still the song I skip sometimes. Although I think the way Clay sings "it's what I want you to do" is sublime.

I only ever buy 2 physical copies of Clay's CDs. One to listen to and one to leave shrink-wrapped in my Clay box. :cocktail:

When I purchased my 2nd CD at Target today (the one that will stay unopened) the cashier smiled and said...."Clay Aiken....now that's when American Idol was gooooood. I like him. He's such a nice man."

*sigh* I really do love this CD. No surprise since I already knew and loved many of these songs. (And, hello! Clay is singing them!) Musically I've always been an older soul. Not that I don't find more modern music that I like, I'm just often attracted to songs from before my time.

Love that story, jamar. nju stories are among my favorite parts of my clayfandom. I so agree about the way Clay sings "its what I want you to do." I did not love BMUB as much as i thought I would, well I love the end (that was featured in the sizzle reel) but not the beginning as much. But what I did love from the behind the scenes stuff was clay's take on Eso Beso- I LOVED how he sang it, his expressiveness, can't wait to see the whole thing. I like the two bonus songs, don't love them (yet). I think the regular cd has the strongest songs.

jdylCan't wait for our daily discussion. I think that is a great way to do it.Spreads out the enjoyement. Just to prepare for IOMB-the intro is very familiar to me-is it for anyone else? just something to think about before we discuss it next week.

ETA: Rereading my post, I realize that it was brought to you by the word "love.' :wub:

Helloooo sistahs, I've been away waaaay too long! Got the album at a *record store* altho' without participating in a CD release party. Dunno what's happened to the Memphis group I used to do those with, but some truly ugly emails got traded back and forth after Clay came out, so possibly they dissolved. I miss the midnight fun!

:smack: Smacking myself, been a bad fan! Life was so bizzy the past few weeks that I'd not been reading here and I MISSED seeing Clay on GMA and The View!!! Aaiieee!! Thank God for YouTube Clay Aiken Channel so I could watch what I missed, and OMGawwwd but Baby was SO HUNKY on The View !!! Just perfection, I'd like him to look like that forevah. And doing UM with that amazing new arrangement. Just blew me AWAY on my first listen to TNT. Seriously doubt he changed it coz he can't hit that big falsetto note any more.

So, I must confess, I'm more in love with the man than ever. Happy ears. :listen: Happy eyes. :hubbahubba: Can't wait for my show in Biloxi!! :flirtysmile3:

Finally got to watch the CBS Backstage interview this morning (was buffering for me last night). Sounds like we are going to be getting a jukebox-type tour! Medleys of all the decades, how cool is that going to be? I cannot wait. It was also really great to hear him say Windsor, ON. Hee, two months from yesterday, as someone pointed out at the Toronto CD release party yesterday. It was nice to reconnect with people, and we got to watch the DVD portion of the deluxe CD on the big screen. That was awesome, as my copies are still delayed by Amazon.

Cognitogrrl, I'm not sure there are many places to buy the cd at midnight anymore. Somehow going to Walmart isn't the same as going to Tower of some other store where they were excited about new releases. There was one cd release party within a two hour drive from me but I was working that day and didn't relish a two hour drive home after midnight. Last one I went to was for ATDW at our local Borders. And then some groups in the store mocked us, a radio station sent over two guys to try and take pictures for their web site (we didn' t let them) and the next day mocked us on their radio show and Border's wouldn't let us play the cd over their speakers because "it was a country store." So there they went.

I don't even like to think about those who abondoned ship because Clay lied. The good news is there are many of us left and hopefully there will be a lot more new fans. I also think it's great that real life takes precedence over being a fan. I think we have mellowed over time to accept this fandom as a part of our lives and not all of it. Eventually there is time to catch up.

:hello:luckiest. I love that you all still have get togethers. A fan I used to have lunch with moved so I don't really have any Clay friends close by.

Have a wonderful day all. It's beautiful here and my bike and garden beckon. :snoopy:

It was also really great to hear him say Windsor, ON. Hee, two months from yesterday, as someone pointed out at the Toronto CD release party yesterday.

Eeeps! I better start actually attempting to lose some weight instead of, you know, just thinking that I need to. :treadmill:

OMG, while I was uploading the partial Carolina On My Mind blog to clayaiken.com, my CD was sitting in my mailbox. That'll teach me what's important, LOL!

Of course, ever since I tore into that baybee, the temps in my already hot house have risen even higher!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm off to watch the video for the first time ... :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Has anybody seen Caro? Do we need to call 911?? redlight.gif

:cryingwlaughter:

When I was checking out her blog this morning I clicked on the Amazon link to see the video clip (from the deluxe edition) they have on his page now and I noticed something I hadn't before. The part with Suspicious Minds when he sings 'caught in a trap' they show him posing for one of the photos on the golf course... at the sand trap. Heheh.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is on the Chelsea Lately Show!:yahoo:

6 Days until The PBS Special is airing in Chicago!:yahoo:

15 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

32 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

47 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

And EEE for my high school graduate. We had a very busy day and everyone is going to bed early. heh

Congratulations!

ETA: Rereading my post, I realize that it was brought to you by the word "love.' :wub:

Best sponsor around. :wub:

Good to hear from you Cognitogrrl!

Cognitogrrl, I'm not sure there are many places to buy the cd at midnight anymore. Somehow going to Walmart isn't the same as going to Tower of some other store where they were excited about new releases. There was one cd release party within a two hour drive from me but I was working that day and didn't relish a two hour drive home after midnight. Last one I went to was for ATDW at our local Borders. And then some groups in the store mocked us, a radio station sent over two guys to try and take pictures for their web site (we didn' t let them) and the next day mocked us on their radio show and Border's wouldn't let us play the cd over their speakers because "it was a country store." So there they went.

When I lived in PA I always did the NY CD parties, but Virgin is gone now, so no place to buy CDs at midnight in Times Square. There was a Raleigh CD party, but it was quite a ways away for me, especially the return drive at that late hour. (And spending the night in a hotel in Times Square isn't quite the same as sacking out in Raleigh. :cryingwlaughter: ) They had to make special arrangements to get the CD, as I imagine lots of the remaining CD partiers do. Now that there's iTunes, it's easy to download and squeeee with friends on the boards instead.

I hope Caro is OK. It's dangerous to be without AC in this heat. Cold front coming in late afternoon should bring some relief. I hope she's spending the day at the mall or the movies, or at a friend's house.

When I was checking out her blog this morning I clicked on the Amazon link to see the video clip (from the deluxe edition) they have on his page now and I noticed something I hadn't before. The part with Suspicious Minds when he sings 'caught in a trap' they show him posing for one of the photos on the golf course... at the sand trap. Heheh.

Oooh, did I know that this video was available on the website? I guess I should have, but I didn't, so I just went and watched it. Looks like the only part missing is the Eso Beso clip of Clay singing. It was cool to see on the big screen, and really makes me anxious for the PBS special in it's entirety!

I ordered a US copy this morning....the blog got to me. cryingwlaughter.gif I want to make sure I at least am representin' in the first week's numbers.

Oooh, did I know that this video was available on the website? I guess I should have, but I didn't, so I just went and watched it. Looks like the only part missing is the Eso Beso clip of Clay singing. It was cool to see on the big screen, and really makes me anxious for the PBS special in it's entirety!

I ordered a US copy this morning....the blog got to me. cryingwlaughter.gif I want to make sure I at least am representin' in the first week's numbers.

Did you pay the regular shipping fees? I'm so looking forward to the tour! Just ordered a US copy too!

Isn't the clip on the Amazon site the same as the one that was found on the Decca site about 2 weeks ago? The one on the DVD is a bit different, but not by much.

Went on a 10 mile bike ride this morning. It felt good to push myself a bit in this way.

OTOH, terrible storms blew through our area last night, and we spent much of the evening in the basement. Fortunately, we never lost power, so we could keep watching TV, but I guess a tornado came through about 2 miles from our house! YIKES!

OMG, while I was uploading the partial Carolina On My Mind blog to clayaiken.com, my CD was sitting in my mailbox. That'll teach me what's important, LOL!

Of course, ever since I tore into that baybee, the temps in my already hot house have risen even higher!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm off to watch the video for the first time ... :twinklewhore:

Has anybody seen Caro? Do we need to call 911?? redlight.gif

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm still here, but it is HOT!!! I have two stents and this morning decided to spend the extra money for a weekend A/C fix only to learn the company doesn't do this. I think the man on call just didn't want to come out in the heat.

I walked out to my car to bring in some groceries from the previous trip (sometimes I leave cans, heavy stuff, etc., to carry in a little at a time); and, BEDANG if there isn't a breeze outside in this current 88-degree heat. Years ago I added double pane windows and good insulation, so whatever temp I have (82 when I last checked the thermostat) is staying with me. The box fan is not as much relief as it was yesterday.

LOL, I now have a call into another company. :cryingwlaughter:

Thnx for checking out the blog. I'm glad I was able to tell y'all something (i.e., the video at Amazon) that you didn't already know. :flirtysmile3:

Have a wonderful day! :clay:

Yay! I finally found a copy of Tried and True in a store today (Sorry, Clay, it was Walmart. Target didn't have it). I downloaded from iTunes and ordered from Amazon, but I like to buy one copy from anphysical store. It feels symbolic to me, in some odd way that I can't really articulate. Whatever. Mission accomplished.

:listen:

Yay! I finally found a copy of Tried and True in a store today (Sorry, Clay, it was Walmart. Target didn't have it). I downloaded from iTunes and ordered from Amazon, but I like to buy one copy from anphysical store. It feels symbolic to me, in some odd way that I can't really articulate. Whatever. Mission accomplished.

:listen:

I think the words you're looking for are.... 'Yes, master."

:worthy:

Caro, from someone who has been there--besides malls, libraries, and movie theatres, another option is just taking cold showers a lot. Or sitting in a cold bath. That will lower your body temperature and make you feel more comfortable. Hope that the cold front or a repair person gets there soon!!

So far, the favorites feedback I've had from three people I gifted with CDs are:

1. Unchained Melody, Suspicious Minds, and Misty

2. Moon River, It's Impossible, and Crying

3. Moon River, Mack the Knife, and Only Make Believe

Pretty diversified responses!

Also, one of my son's friends was here at the house yesterday and told me he saw Clay sing on TV this week and "he was awesome." I asked him what Clay was singing and he said, "I don't know. I think it was that Ghost song."

Oh poor Caro! My sympathies to you, and wishing you some cool breezes in the evening. I remember the summer of 1980 when it was over 100 every day for about 20 days and our AC went out. There was such a demand that the AC guy couldn't come out for a week and I lived at the movies and the mall that week with the kids. The only one who didn't mind it was the 2-year old who would just keep going even though his face was red and sweaty. Even the "cold" water in the tap was warm. I'd run bath water and put ice in it. One night I just couldn't stay in the house and made a pallet outside on the patio in hopes of catching a breeze. I woke up about 5 am and was staring into the eyes of some creature. I didn't know what it was at first, and almost had a heart attack until it hopped off and I saw it was a rabbit. You just never expect to wake up with a rabbit in your face, at least I didn't!

ETA: My sister thinks SM doesn't belong on the CD, that it doesn't fit with the other songs. The next person I talked to loved SM and it's one of her top two favorites. I guess Clay is absolutely right to sing the songs he loves because just as Ricky Nelson sang in Garden Party,

It's all right now, I learned my lesson well

You see, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself

I just read this and thought it was the funniest thing I've read all weekend. It's in a "comment" review at http://us.review-music.com/Clay-Aiken-Tried-and-True-C81GF8OF.html :

If you're too embarrassed to be caught dead listening to Clay Aiken, do it the wimp's way. Buy it online instead of at the store, rename the tracks on your MP3 player to make it look like you're listening to... let's say, Vampire Weekend. Then stick some skull candy deep in your ear canals, crank up the sound and bliss out.

Just listened to the Sirius radio interview with Clay and Larry Flick..a whole hour! CV was streaming and it should be vaulted!

Great interview...talked about the CD and played 3 songs! He talked about RCA and how they didn't know what to do with him and that he should have done this CD coming off of Idol because this is what he sang on the show. Talked about how much fun it was making this CD..recorded 15 songs in 3 days. Asked how he decides on song..he said he sings them in the shower and the garage and if they sound good in the garage, they will sound good in the studio.

Talked about when he first knew he was gay...said can remembering watching wrestling in 2nd grade and it wasn't for the athletics. Talked about guys he knew in high school and how he always thought he wanted to be like them, but then realized he wanted to be with them. Didn't realize he embrace being gay until he was on Idol. Only knew 2 people in NC who were gay and wasn't sure if he was gay or bisexual and really thought that he would marry and make it work.

Once he got on AI he saw how normal and accepted being gay was; met someone he was attracted to and that was it..."once you go; there is no going back."

Tabloids...Things are being said and written to get a reaction...he was not going to respond to the stuff even though it bothered him..sometimes he didn't feel like going on the house.

Coming out...he was always out to people he worked with, didn't really feel like he was in the closet. Doesn't think there needs to be an announcement and never felt pushed to make an announcement. Told his grandmother before the People magazine was on the stand. Took Brett with him for support. Granny just said..."well, I love you anyway". Mom and Granny are doing the best with it...just realizing it is who he is, he was born that way and he is not going to change.

Talked about Religion/Christianity...Those who talk the loudest and are the most bigoted are not the majority.

Showed him a picture of Parker..DJ said he was beautiful. Will not show pictures of Parker on TV. Said he much more patience with kids when he was teaching...got hit, things thrown at him...but it is different when it is your own...says it is hard when they get the crocodile tears and pout...but he tries to remain tough.

Asked if he was in love...kind of hedged on that, but then said he is not looking right now.

DJ totally loved him...said he could talk to him for hours and voted for him on Idol...called him "babydoll" at one point, LOL.

It was a great interview...download it as soon as it is available. Best interview Clay has ever done!

Kim

artquest at the CH was able to listen to the XM/Sirius Radio interview. I'll pull all her posts into one here:

The broadcast has started. They're playing UM. Yum.

Iiiiiiiiiii Need Your Love.

It's time for true confessions - Clay laughs. The DJ admits to voting for Clay on AI. They both laugh. He also voted for Kelly and Adam.

The DJ says it's great to have Clay. DJ plugs the new CD. Mentions Dave Novak. Both of them really like him.

DJ says Clay was always meant to sing these songs. He asks, why did you wait so long? Clay answers - but stops to say how deep his voice sounds. Wants to take the headphones and mike with him everywhere.

Clay goes on to say that this CD is the one he really wanted to do. Novak asked what Clay wanted to do, so he said, this. Classic sounds in the songs that really let him sing. Picked only songs he wanted to sing live. Picked songs that Clay could do something for rather than what the song could do for him.

DJ felt the record company was trying to shove Clay into a box where he didn't really fit. (DJ is REALLY a fan!) Says it must have been a struggle for RCA to deal with someone like Clay. Didn't know what to do with him. Clay feels Invisible was a good compromise.

This CD is the natural thing for Clay to do, but maybe RCA didn't feel it would have an audience. Any success he's had in the past came from not departing too much from what he'd done on the show. Clay thinks if he'd done this CD first, it might have done even better than MOAM.

Both comment that the sound on the CD is relaxed.

What about songs that convey experiences that Clay hasn't had? Clay says it's acting, though he's no Olivier. Bonus tracks were songs recorded but not put on CD. He can't figure out why Buttercup wasn't on the CD. Feels it should have been there.

The key was to find the best songs of the 50s and 60s. Crooner songs. They also put some songs from the 70s but then dumped it because it didn't fit the timer period.

DJ says this reminds him of the career of Barry Manilow in that he's done good songs and not any idea what to do with him. Clay says some people use that as an insult, but Clay says, "Bring it on." He's had such a great career and is an icon.

Is this a trend for Clay? This time they weren't looking for radio friendly. They wanted stuff he would want to sing live. Clay talks about Touch. There's nothing about it that appeals to him. DJ says it's not very good. Clay agrees.

DJ: What song did you feel you really nailed the first time? Clay tried them in the shower. He tried them in the garage. He says if they sound good in the garage, they're the right songs to sing.

Fastest CD he's ever recorded. 15 songs in three days. Clay says these were easy. DJ disagrees: Not easy. Not easy to sing. Crying really isn't easy to sing. Clay says the Christmas CD was also a painless process.

Talks about recording Invisible as a very different experience. They kept doing it over and over, trying to pick the bits that sounded the coolest. Now they're going to play "What Kind of Fool Am I?"

While the song's playing, let me note that the DJ has been a fan from the beginning. He's asking some of the same kinds of questions that others have asked, but there's time for Clay to answer plus the DJ can follow up. Can't wait for more!

Dj says CD is a great Sunday morning record. Lovely, lovely record.

DJ: Do you know what station you're on? Must have requested an interview over and over and got "Hell, no" as an answer.

How does it feel to be publicly out. Clay: Doesn't feel too different. People assume it was a huge burden off his shoulders. He says he wasn't really hiding it from the people who worked with him and he knew.

DJ Disagrees a little: People around Clay seemed invested in not talking about being out. Clay says management and current label are fine with this. Previously, there might have been a little bit of push back, but he never felt that anyone told him not to or try to protect that. If there was any of that, people were mostly trying to protect him. Clay didn't want to be defined that way plus he had family that didn't know. He didn't want to burden his grandparents with this.

He felt that would be burden to them in their twilight years. It was never really too much about the career but had a lot to do with the fact he thinks it's not too important. It's marginalizing.

Mentions the CNN scroll about people coming out. Says the more we make it news, the more it is news.

DJ agrees. He's not an outing guy, dragging people out of the closet. He was asked if he was gay in front of his mother when he was 13 and didn't really know himself.

Clay says there's something about getting backed into a corner and start swinging. He does have an issue with politicians who oppress gay people and who are gay themselves.

DJ: What was it like to read all the awful stories in the tabloids. Clay says the stuff was said to get a reaction out of him. Saw a story in the Enquirer or something about how he was laying all over some guy on a plane to Raleigh. He says he's not that stupid. He likens the tabloids to bullies. They pick on people because they want a response. And he's an expert on the subject! Ignore them. They'll eventually relent.

DJ agrees that the stories were brutal. He wondered and debated, "Why hasn't he said something?" But others don't always know where the person is in his life and how or whether he's ready to tell people.

Asks about grandmother. Clay took Brett with him to talk to his granny. Had to tell her because People was coming out. She said, "Well, well, I love you anyway." (Note from artquest: That's awesome!)

Grandmother accepts the reality, he won't change, he was born like this, so that's the way it goes. Mom is still doing her best.

DJ says true Christians love everyone. Clay says, people think Christians are bigots. He says the majority of Christians just aren't that way. Just the loud ones on TV are.

When did you know you were gay? Clay says he doesn't really know. He can look back and say, maybe 2nd grade. DJ asks:When was the first time a guy made his toes curl? Looking back, Clay says he loved watching wrestling on TV. They both laugh.

Didn't realize there was an attraction until high school. There were guys he wanted to be like, like such and such, but realized that he wanted to be WITH so and so.

DJ reports a similar story about a guy named Peter. They both laugh about the appropriateness of the name.

Clay says by the time he got to college, he thought he was gay or bisexual. Talks about growing up in NC. People don't know what gay looks like. Or you can't hide. Grew up knowing only two gay people. They weren't able to hide. Clay says he wasn't like that.

DJ says very few are 100% gay or straight. He says sometimes he's attracted to a particular woman. Clay says not him. (Note from artquest: too bad, kiddo!) Didn't completely 100% admit it to himself and embrace the fact till he got on Idol. He met various people who were gay men and women who were much more normal to him. He feels he doesn't have extremely stereotypical affectations, which he didn't. And they worked alongside everyone else and no one cared.

And then he met someone he was attracted to and then, as the DJ says, you can't ever go back.

DJ: Do you like being a dad? He, himself, doesn't have the patience. Clay says he has the patience. He learned it in the classroom. With your own child it's a little different. In the classroom, he was really good at tough love. With your own child, when he gets the puppy dog eyes and crocodile tears, it's a lot tougher.

Clay pulls out a picture to show DJ, who says, OMG, he's beautiful.

DJ: Are you love now?

Am I in love with my son? Absolutely. Am I looking for someone? No.

DJ says: So Clay's not on the market, he's not looking. Wind up of the interview. DJ then plugs the CD again.

Can't take my eyes off you.

Wow! If not the best interview ever, it's certainly one of the most candid. I'm spent. Thanks to CV for the stream.

CODA:

DJ: Let's talk for a second about Clay. I expected him to be aloof. But wasn't he fun? Wasn't he charming? I could have talked to him for hours!

MUAH to artquest, and damn, I didn't know about the CV stream!

Oh heck, aikim got to it first, kinda. Still gonna post it anyway.

I hope everyone gets to listen to this when it gets vaulted...absolutely wonderful!

Kim

This afternoon's radio interview totally makes up for having to slog through those silly satellite interviews from this week that all asked the exact same questions about AI and whatnot. I feel like I got more insight into Clay as a person from that hour-long chat than anything since LTS. And unlike LTS, which I was never able to reread because I found parts of it too painful, I can't wait to listen to this interview again.