#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Thanks shortyjill! I think my husband can probably ID the guitar from that. I also like that one in that I can show him the iPads for their music, which I think is totally and utterly COOL. And yes, Adam is a young cutie...

From ficus at the CH:

Since time is short:

I had (of course I did *g*) (2) 8th row center tickets for the Mesa concert that I won. I gave them to Nova. Nova just emailed me and is unable to use the tickets. Does someone in the area want free tickets for this show? Let me know and I will hook you up with Nova.

Please feel free to let friends from our other boards know. I just don't want them to go to waste because it is a fantastic show *g*

Let me know if you are interested, and I can get in touch with her.

Cognitogrrl, I don't suppose you know delu? She posted at the CH that she had a meet-and-greet for Memphis, and apparently those might be transferred to a later concert for those able to attend another... in which case, this might scream road trip to her?? Am I just totally fantasizing here? :twinklewhore:

jmh, yes I DO know delu, she's from Memphis, and we've hobnobbed at the Tennessee Sweet Teas gatherings. Delightful lil ole gal. Last I heard, tho', she was nursing her husband after a stroke or other crippling injury, so I doubt I'd get her on the road to Grand Prairie. Memphis was probably her only option. :(

I so appreciate everyone's condolences and encouragement to go to Grand Prairie. Until yesterday I thought I could do it. :happens:

However, my daughter and son-in-law are splitting up -- she phoned me last night from a Holiday Inn Express where she'd gone to escape his harassment. They have two children. I don't think I could take off and not feel I'd left her without support. I'd be worried about them, too. I don't want to think he'd harm her or the children, but he's been irrationally jealous and suspicious of her ever since they married. They've gone to counseling numerous times, but nothing changes. When he found out recently that her ex and his 2nd wife are splitting up, he decided that she would leave him to get back with her ex, *of course.* No evidence to go on but it doesn't stop him, so this is where she decided she's done.

This is so painful -- needing to be here for her, but I so wish I'd be in G.P. :crying1:

{{{{{{{{Cognitogrrl}}}}}}} Hope everything works out for the best.

I forgot to say, that it was great to meet up with a bunch of FCA people this weekend! aikim and jazzgirl are great roomies. PoisonIvy and gbmifan, it was great to finally put names with faces! And for others I met but you just don't post here...well, why the heck not? Hee.

Sigh. I so want to go to San Francisco.

I so much wanted to see another concert. If I could of swong it I would of followed to Minn. By friend and I thought about for a second and then said we really had to get home. She had a husband who gave her a really hard time about going to Waukegan and the fact he had to be a "Father" to her 13 year old daughter. She called me on Sunday and could not believe what he had done. Her daughter was in a science fair this last weekend. They were suppose to register on Friday, she called and they did. Then on Sat. he was suppose to be there with her from 8-5. He went and stayed one hour and then picked her up at the end. She had no one from her school there. I told her I would not comment on what I thought.

So I know that it would never happened about us going on to Minn. We want be able to go to another event when Clay appears again.

Why don't you just hop a flight to DFW tomorrow. The venue isn't far from the airport, you know. And I'd love to see you. :hug:

I love that picture of Adam, with Ben in the background. That's such a hot picture. I just showed the guitar to my son. He said it's designed like a Les Paul, but it's not a Gibson. But whatever it is, that guitar is in a great picture!

Why don't you just hop a flight to DFW tomorrow. The venue isn't far from the airport, you know. And I'd love to see you. :hug:

I love that picture of Adam, with Ben in the background. That's such a hot picture. I just showed the guitar to my son. He said it's designed like a Les Paul, but it's not a Gibson. But whatever it is, that guitar is in a great picture!

Oh go ahead rub it in!

kf, I'd love to see you and merrieeee and the Texas peeps, not to mention Clay one more time. And silly me, I just checked flights. Love you guys, love Clay, but not for $2000 round trip for flight alone! YIKES!

I showed the picture to my husband, and he pegged the guitar as an Ibanez hollow body (similar to this one). He told me that he had been looking at purchasing one at one time. All I know is that Adam plays REALLY good, and he makes that thing sound awesome!

These ridiculous airfares are holding down attendance! Since Continental and United merged, both have gone way up on fares. I hope Southwest hangs in there with the $49 advance purchase specials, especially since they don't charge to check a bag.

merrieeee, don't even act like I'm rubbing it in about Dallas when you're going to San Francisco this weekend. If Clay asks where you are, I'll let him know he'll be seeing you in California, okay?

I am just sick about missing Dallas .........so close yet so far! I'm so glad I decided to go to San francisco though. I used my ff miles and it is only costing $82 so I can't complain.

Yep tell Clay I'll be looking out for him..........I'll be the one with the foggy look about her!

:GM_FCA:

13 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:giveflowers:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

AGHH!! I can't meet for dinner in SF as I already have plans to meet up with friends, but is anyone getting together for breakfast?? Or lunch on Saturday?

AGHH!! I can't meet for dinner in SF as I already have plans to meet up with friends, but is anyone getting together for breakfast?? Or lunch on Saturday?

Not that I know of, but I'd be happy to meet up for breakfast or lunch! I can't do dinner, either... I was able to get my M&G rescheduled. :bounce:

BWAH!! It was one of my friends at the concert tonight busted by Clay for uploading a video to Facebook! She recorded a bit of "Misty" for me. :wub: She said she got UM too and was busted by him again for that one! LOL

I hung up on the concert and he had solo call me back to find out why I hung up on him. He seems to like teasing me about my accent! I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

I hung up on the concert and he had solo call me back to find out why I hung up on him. He seems to like teasing me about my accent! I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

I could barely understand it and it was still hilarious. So your husband doesn't like Clay, did I hear that right? :cryingwlaughter:

Hee I just talked to Clay Aiken on the phone! I wish i could remember what the heck I said.

:hysterical:

So who is going to be at the bistro dinner in SF Saturday night?????? I wanna meet some (hee) of you people dammit :cocktail: