#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

67 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From tntmama at the CH, via Twitter:

From Elizabeth Hasselbeck on Twitter

ehasselbeck: Only in new york: toys r us store with kids! ( the ferris wheel!) And just bumped into @clayaiken and he gave me a big ol' hug! Love him!

Awwwwwwww....

Looks like Daddy is buying Parker a birthday gift, but I hope he has business too..I imagine they have a ToysRus in Raleigh, LOL

Kim

Hey everyone. Loooong week for me. I missed the chat but I'm glad there were so many who turned out for it. I hope that was encouraging for him and maybe he'll do another s**n. heh...I crack myself up.

Couchie, give me a call! I've sent you a PM and tried calling you but your Phone just keeps redirecting me to an automated system.

I need to know what's happening tomorrow.....soon. thx

As for that Poll? I think it's purely something to give the OFC fans to do. I still wish he would do the Amazing Race though :)

Re-reading that tweet..looks like three different events...ToysRUs, the ferris wheel and meeting Clay..so perhaps he was not shopping; in that case I hope he was taking in a few meetings.

67 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Have not posted much lately, been working to many hours. I was off on Monday and did see the chat. Went to my friends house because I was not sure that IE would work even though I could get into chat. Thought he looked great and relaxed and I will be here when he is ready to comeback.

Went out for a 40 mile bike ride this am and it was very hot and humid. Got back just before the rain. Next Wed. we are scheduled to do our only 100 miler for this year. Weather looks ok for now and it is suppose to be cooler. I work three days in a row after that. I have a feeling I may just be a little tired.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog presents an overview of voting ideas as Clay Aiken fans tackle power codes and recruitment of others in support of the National Inclusion Project's goal for a $50k grant in the August Pepsi Refresh Challenge.

Hope you will stop by and share your suggestions for securing more power vote codes and leave a comment.

From tntmama at the CH, via Twitter:

From Elizabeth Hasselbeck on Twitter

ehasselbeck: Only in new york: toys r us store with kids! ( the ferris wheel!) And just bumped into @clayaiken and he gave me a big ol' hug! Love him!

Love that tweet, too! :wub:

merrieeee, the photos were fabulous. Hopefully, there is something cooking.

Have an awesome weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro

So how were the secret pics that came and went so fast I missed them?

Gorgeous, amazing, fantastic, fabulous, beautiful, stunning, breathtaking and a few gave me the giggles. :)

I got my first 100 vote Pepsi cap today! I hope I have a lot more, I got a big rush hitting that power vote button on NIP's page!

So how were the secret pics that came and went so fast I missed them?

LOL..

The pictures aren't secret. They were just taken down out of respect I guess. But anything that is on the internet for more than a second - well the genie is already out of that bottle. If you need the pictures just let me know.

I guess chatting today with treenuts about some of the more crazy stuff that has happened in the fandom I think less damage would have been done if things were more open. This is not the same thing. It was a matter of luck - if you were home or not but I don't see the need to pretend that nobody has them.

Soooooooooooooooooo I'm sitting around at home, day all planned out Was going to work most of the day today because I was going to the Giants game tomorrow. I get a call at 11:30 from treenuts LOL She's like I'm leaving my house now. NOW? OMG. I thought we were going tomorrow. I'm a mess. Had a lot of fun though...even though the Giants lost.

:cryingwlaughter: Couchie, you weren't the only mess this morning....that darn BART station was a freaking nightmare! Surprised me. Thank god my car was still there and in tact when I returned! whew

Poor Giants. le sigh But tomorrow's another day.

As for "the crazy" we discussed some of today, I am still shaking my head trying to wrap my mind around some of the stuff you told me.

Speaking of Clay...

If you need the pictures just let me know.

Why yes, yes I most definitly have need :wub:

Ha except my memory is so lousy that I can't remember any real details of anything. It's quite pathetic having to stop every few minutes to force my brain to remember stuff.

Well you've come a long way. From making the trek for Clay's SF concert to now parking your car in the hoodiest part of the hood after finding no parking in the BART lot. So proud heeee heeee. Glad your car was still there!!And you know you hit on one of my pet peeves today. I work in the crappiest part of town and yet they have STREET SWEEPING every Thursday on one side and every friday on the other What the heck? In no other part of the city is there still street sweeping And the only reason they do it is so they can give out tickets. And now, in that same general neighborhood they have SATURDAY street sweeping? Give me a break. And the funny part is that they'll drag that raggedy truck from the 70s down those streets while people ride by dumping their trash on the sidewalks. I have seen beds, dressers, hollowed out peices of junk trucks tossed on the street. yet they feel the need to pass that by for weeks while they pass out tickets to people trying to earn a living who didn't run out and move their car before the 12:30 truck rumbles by with the parking ticket car right behind it.

Ok, that is one of the most pathetic things I've heard of just to garner a little extra revenue for the city.

And I would have been one of those unfortunate souls if not for the kindness of strangers (TM Blanch Dubois) and warning me before I walked away.

Hey Couchie, please don't forget to send me Aqua Man and some other tasty treats. k? :)

66 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Done!

:helloFCA:

Let me just say I am very envious of everyone planning on attending the Gala this year. Aside from the obvious which is hours spent in a room with Clay visiting, eating, looking gorgeous, breathing the same air and speaking with eloquence about his most heart felt passion, you will also get to hear him sing LIVE. Something the rest of us most likely will not get to do for the remainder of the year (I'm guessing). :Thud:

Fingers crossed for the Giants to win today and avoid a sweep by the Phillies. Since I'm not physically in attendance I'm thinking they have a better than 50/50 chance of that. I hope!

ETA - :yahoo:

Hey gang! Back after my short, and somewhat adventurous vacation! The purpose of the trip was my husband's 30th high school class reunion, which was last night. Considering I only knew two people there, it was a fun evening.

But what was adventurous? Well, my husband and I checked into our hotel Friday afternoon, and then we decided to take a walk. We found a nice paved trail not a block from the hotel, so we walked almost two miles. As we we just leaving the path, I slipped off the edge of the pavement, found the one hole and fell! I skinned my knees badly, plus, having caught myself on my hands, bruised palms. Plus, a bit sore all over. Kind of made the rest of the weekend a bit uncomfortable!

Sounds like couchie and treenuts had a great time!

Got back today and had mail from the National Inclusion Project, inviting me to the Gala. Why yes, I think I may go. treenuts, frankly one of the reasons I'm thinking of going this year is simply as you said -- I want to see Clay live one more time this year. The second reason is because I think the Project's mission is very worthwhile. Finally, I want to see many friends!

(I just realized I have been screwing up on the countdown; although no one has noticed so either you all don't know how to count either or no is paying attention!, LOL)

74 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating and a special Birthday Wish to Parker!

Kim