#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:hello: Hello FCA! Just checking in to see if there's been discussion yet on the DDD episode. I guess it hasn't aired on the east coast yet? I don't know why but I am very nervous for him. I'll probably have to wait until it has aired, there has been some discussion and then I'll watch it. heh

Why yes I'm crazy....why do you ask :whistling-1:

:04: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Permaswooned!!!!

From twitter

DropDeadDiva Drop Dead Diva

Oo @clayaiken sighting on #DropDeadDiva! Have a hunch that's not all we'll see of him tonight...

1 minute ago

Annnnnnd..........?????????????

*bites nails*

Don't bite your nails treenuts, it's not becoming! He's doing great! I'm really enjoying the entire show, and Clay's part is great. Love. It.

It's good to see you and KarenEh? here!

:GM_FCA:

Last night was the first time I have seen DDD; I can't say I loved the show...the characters didn't grab me..found the blonde BFF to be way annoying and I really didn't like the Jane character. Not sure how to describe it but she just didn't come across to me as a serious lawyer...the two characters I actually liked more were the lawyer and his assistant trying Clay's case. They seemed more believable to me. I thought there were too many storylines going on..honestly, I think they could have done away with the Lance Bass storyline and just lengthened Clay's. The show just felt choppy to me with a lot of rushing from one thing to another. This was such a serious topic, I think they would have done well to maybe make it a 90 minute or 2 hour show and really fleshed it out...even Clay's storyline..I would have loved to have seen scenes with him and Irina..just felt like they ended up in court without really showing how they got there. I had to rewatch his scenes this morning as that were too many distractions at home last night for me to really concentrate and I thought he did good...very believable..just wish their was more. I didn't feel like I was watching Clay Aiken, but a character. I think it was a good choice for him.

7 Days until The Video ChatYahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I guess it would be weird to just watch that episode and not have followed the story....in my view it was a really good episode, and Clay's character was believable. I would have liked his part to be longer (of course) but it fit in well with the typical way this show flows, which is a few different story lines every episode. Wanda Sykes as the judge made me LOL, she was hilarious. Which character was Amanda Bearns (sp?) I am not familiar with her. I did see Constance as the court bailiff....every cool for her to be included in the episode. And of course, from a DDD perspective, the prom was awesome, because Jane danced with Grayson. :wub:

Yeah, I'm with Aikim and Couchie (Jane just annoyed the hell out of me, she seemed so very desperate and teenager-ish, "What? You're honest with me about seeing other people even though I answered your freakin' phone on our third date and I lie to you about how cool I am with that and lie even more about how I'm seeing other people and anyway, 2 whole dates is really enough for a total committment?" Feh!)

But I loved criminal Clay. And a cool criminal Clay! Who talked his wife into being a criminal too! And apparently is keeping all the money from the scheme! Although I was sad he couldn't go to the prom with his criminal Russian wife since they were probably both in jail. But I can hope he gets out on a technicality and comes up with a whole new criminal scheme. He might still be on the cover of "Non-Threatening Boys All Grown Up" but he's the poster child of "The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening"...

Amanda Bearse played the judge in Clay's case. (She used to be on "Married with Children.")

I thought the show was cute. Will I watch again -- not sure. I didn't mind Jane, but the blond BFF storyline (and her character) were the "meh" part for me.

Having said that, I'd love it if Tyler's case came up again on a future episode. It looks as if Clay had a good time, and I think he did well. (I giggled at his "birthplace of Elvis Presley" thing.)

Bravo, Clay!

KAndre wrote:

The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Thread title?

:GE_FCA:

After having computer problems for several days, I uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog that features Clay's "bad boy" debut on Drop Dead Diva Sunday (reviews, interviews, streaming, AOL Top 5, etc., links ) as well as his UNICEF efforts for assistance with the drastic food crisis in Somalia.

Thank you for your comments, tweets, posts, links, etc.

I've only watched DDD for 2-3 weeks. I can see how it is popular, and I was very glad to be able to fast forward through the commercials. I'm not that crazy about Lawyer Jane's character and agree with KAndre, Aikim, and Counchie.

Now if they could add to Clay's storyline, that would be awesome! "Jailhouse Rock," here we come, lol! :whee:

Have an awesome week, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

Went to see Sir Paul last night and had a great time. Put on a really good show. The one thing I did notice is for how long he has been in the business he really has a hard time bantering. He stumbles over his words and can not get a story out and make since. I laughed because after seeing some of Clay's pictures last week(the one with the white shirt and suspenders), Paul got hot and took his jacket off and there was a white shirt and suspenders.

Did not do much for my Birthday, just got home from seeing Harry Potter.

Again, to really "get" the show you need to have watched it from the beginning, I think. And it's well worth the watch. Brooke Elliot ("Jane") is brilliant. JMHO.

Oh I'm totally sure of it. I'm the person that thought The Wire sucked when I was peaking in watching bits and peices.

KAndre -- bwah to your entire post. I miss you girl!

Happy Birthday GBMIFAN!

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until The Video Chat!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy belated birthday to gbmifan. Hope it was a good one! :hug::)

I know I'm a bit late but I just wanted to add that I loved Clay on DDD. What a hunky scam artist! *g*

I get to have some real fun tomorrow. The most upscale mall in our metro area, The Somerset Collection, is opening temporary store space downtown! Tomorrow is the opening, it'll be shutting down the street and there's going to be a TON of media. It just so happens that the studio I work at is the store's neighbor! My boss asked all of us who work there to come down and help out and mingle. Aaaand, if I read the email correctly, we'll have Kid Rock's clothing line displayed in our studio! I'm excited to be a part of this, it's going to be so much fun!

I enjoy Brooke Elliot's characterization of Jane .... a woman with two separate minds in her head. One is that of a selfish, gorgeous model who was killed in a car wreck on her way to a Price is Right tryout, and she was engaged to lawyer Grayson. The other is that of a plain Jane legal genius who wore no makeup and dressed to be ignored, and who was killed by taking a bullet for her philandering boss, and she had recommended Grayson for a job at her law firm before her accident. The turns she makes between thinking and responding as "Deb" and alternatively as "Jane" are amazing to me. I think her expression is cute when she changes from her self-centered and shallow identity to the creative legal mind - and back again. It reminds me of Liz Montgomery's nose twitch in Bewitched.

I LOVE Fred.