#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Well crap.... I can't get the nice big sizes like everyone else and now the pictures have been taken down. :( I can still get the site on my laptop but even in full screen they're not the 1024x768 that I've seen posted elsewhere. All you who posted pics need to take them down, they're illegal. :(

tnmtmama from CH

Not to be a buzzkill but:

cbp22 curtis brown

@@VickieED1 how did you see them?

VickieED1

@cbp22 - re:Clay Aiken pics. There's a link posted at some of the fan boards. No idea where they came from. I hope no one's in trouble for this! http://jalbum.net/en/browse/recent/album/1012502/

cbp22 curtis brown

@VickieED1 that's an illegal post. Thanks for telling me. Please advice the fan boards they are illegally posting them.

ETA: My browser updated after I got about only through 6 of the 2nd look.... did anyone out there happen to get all the pics from all 8 looks?

Darn it, I only got to see a few but loved the turquoise shirt pictures with the bangs. I wish I had been able to see them all but it was pretty at the beach and we stayed a little later than we planned. After saying that , no one, no one wears a suit like Clay. JMO :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

Woke up at 5:00 with no power..but thankfully it is back. Said we might get rain today, I hope so, we can use it.

Hope we hear about the video chat soon!

2 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

well shoot.... if anyone got illegal pictures please email them to me.

What's the shoot for? do we know?

Can't believe that folks still don't know about how to keep their stuff secure. I can believe someone rushed to be the first one to thank him.

TGIF

Well, they were pretty while they lasted. I didn't save any off because the right click was disabled and I was lazy. :cryingwlaughter: I figured others would save them and I also figured they wouldn't last long. I was right on both counts (doesn't happen often!)

I have the day off today and it's a good thing because last night was a late one. My son played baseball in the insane 49 C humidex, and the game ended about 10:30 pm. I had just got home and was out watering my poor, dying garden when the phone rang. It was my son's GF telling me they'd been in an accident and could I come? They were both ok, but some damage to the Jeep and they needed me to pick up the other players that they were driving home. So I did that and by the time I got to bed it was well after midnight. This morning we are heading up to Collingwood for the annual Elvis festival, once they get back from the police reporting centre and taking the Jeep to the repair shop. Thankfully we weren't planning to drive the Jeep today. Still sucks though.

Glad no one was hurt luckiest. Have fun at the Elvis fair.

I think it was just time for Clay to have new pictures. When you don't look like your pictures, well. If anyone has a few of the turquoise pictures they are willing to share. I wouldn't mind a few to keep for old times sake. I hope he is getting a few offers. I know he would love Broadway but it would be better for most of us fans if he was on tv every week. JMO

From President Obama:

"Today, we have taken the final major step toward ending the discriminatory ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ law that undermines our military readiness and violates American principles of fairness and equality. In accordance with the legislation that I signed into law last December, I have certified and notified Congress that the requirements for repeal have been met. ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ will end, once and for all, in 60 days -- on September 20, 2011.

"As Commander in Chief, I have always been confident that our dedicated men and women in uniform would transition to a new policy in an orderly manner that preserves unit cohesion, recruitment, retention and military effectiveness. Today’s action follows extensive training of our military personnel and certification by Secretary Panetta and Admiral Mullen that our military is ready for repeal. As of September 20th, service members will no longer be forced to hide who they are in order to serve our country. Our military will no longer be deprived of the talents and skills of patriotic Americans just because they happen to be gay or lesbian.

"I want to commend our civilian and military leadership for moving forward in the careful and deliberate manner that this change requires, especially with our nation at war. I want to thank all our men and women in uniform, including those who are gay or lesbian, for their professionalism and patriotism during this transition. Every American can be proud that our extraordinary troops and their families, like earlier generations that have adapted to other changes, will only grow stronger and remain the best fighting force in the world and a reflection of the values of justice and equality that the define us as Americans."

Yay for the end of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" but I'm old enough to remember when I went "Yay!" when it was passed - since there was a complete ban on the services of gays and even a rumor of you being gay got you a dishonorable discharge (if not killed) if you got in. It was a lurch in the right direction but this is a happy jog.

People still stressing about Clay's career? Considering he's #9 on Forbes' list of current top earning American Idols at $1.5 million last year, 8 years after finishing 2nd on a reality show? They can't be helped then.

I take off a week before my birthday so people in my office can't do stuff to me. The wretches did it today anyway. Bah humbug!

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features Drop Dead Diva Weekend -- the promos, the previews, the parties planned for Clay Cyberspace and beyond. Revisit the weekends interviews with Clay, including The Talk and new articles/columns appearing about this episode. Art includes photos by Jim Mahoney and Curtis Brown, as well as a graphic by Fountaindawg.

Thank you for your blog comments/visits, tweets, FB posts, etc. Every little bit helps us stay near the top in the Google blog search for Clay.

Now that we have the Starry Constellation interview, I'll add that link. Those are definitely very long graphs. Journalists are taught that shorter paragraphs are more conducive to readers staying with a story. Still very grateful for the interview! :)

It's about damn time! :twinklewhore:

WORD!!! :yahoo:

Have an awesome afternoon and weekend, all!

th_GM14.gif

Caro :listen:

Go to the OFC News Section..chat information up and how to pre-submit a question and also being able to talk to him live.

Starry Mag interview:

http://starrymag.com/content.asp?ID=6032&CATEGORY=INTERVIEWS

Kim

****loosens up rusty typing fingers****

Gee Whiz! A person takes a few days off and all hell breaks loose....um...okay, it's been more than a few days. How y'all doing? Seems I missed a lot of stuff since I've been in limbo (camped at the in-laws since May waiting for contracts, visas, and so on). One more week to go and FINALLY we are off to our new home in Dubai...which will be a hotel...until we actually find a real home when we get there.

There was a photo shoot? Dang! And the video chat is scheduled to be on my moving day? If the gods are willing, and the hotel internet connection is good, maybe that 8 hour time difference will be a good thing. For now, I have to figure out a way to finagle the remote control out of the hands of my gracious hosts on Sunday night. I don't think they have even heard of a show called 'Drop Dead Diva'. Worst case scenario, I'll have to be out at the cottage on Sunday where there is no cable. So much angst! But I have to admit, it's a good kind of angst. And if I can't watch him on TV, I can retype that long 'Starry' interview in half a dozen different decorative fonts...just to feel connected.

****I appear to have not lost any weirdness.****

merrieeee....the photos you've posted from your trip are making me wish I had visited when I still lived closer to those wonderful cities.

1 Day until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

9 Days until The Video Chat!Yahoo.gif

Kim

*opens up the Way-back machine*

As you know if you've read here lately, I've been reworking my office in our home, which includes my entire Clay stash. Today, I'm going through half of the closet that has this stuff. Lots of DVD's, lots of CD's, and lots of videotapes. Most of the videotapes are going in the trash, because they are in the vaults and I could easily pull up most of the data through other methods. But there is one tape that I'm transferring to DVD right now. It's one of the first official pieces of clack I purchased, a videotape from News 14 in Raleigh, with all the stories/reports/interviews of Clay through 2003.

Whooooo boy. What a KID. He has matured so much through the years, but boy, it's fun watching this again, at the beginning of the whirlwind.

Here's one of the clips featured, the only one I can find with my brief search on YouTube.

Clay on News 14

Not sure what is going on with that clip...but the sound keeps going in and out.

Kim

Tonight is the Night! Yahoo.gif

8 Days until The Video Chat!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Kareneh it's so nice to hear from you. I see that as always you are leading a very adventurous life!

Is that channel 14 video different from the Coming Home one?

After 1 hour of playing on it I am so hooked on Spotify. Itunes what? I can so see forking over the $10 for the premium service.

I'm finally online! I couldn't get a connection up at the Elvis festival......seems that all the usual connections I can hijack have added security. :cryingwlaughter: So I just sat here and caught up on all the Clay print interviews....awesome! And tonight is the premiere of DDD, even though I can't get the channel. I will defintely have the full download by morning. As much as I am excited about the Clay parts, which I assume will be vaulted, I really want the whole episode before I watch them as it's one of my favourite shows.

Watched several same sex couples getting married in NYC on CNN. I don't understand how anyone can watch this and not smile and be happy for these couples. A 76 year old woman and 84 year old woman were all smiles discussing their wedding. Mayor Bloomberg married two of his aides on TV also. What a day for these couples.

I had a time explaining to Mr Fear why I wanted to DVR DDD and watch it on another TV. I guess after eight years he can figure this out. :cryingwlaughter: Can't wait! :twinklewhore: