#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Hope everyone has battened down the hatches for the storm..looks like NYC may get hit. Such weather we have had this summer, makes me nervous to think about what we will get this winter.

I have Austin this week-end, picking him up tomorrow, but Emily called a little while ago in a panic because her in-laws were supposed to watch him tonight (they have a rehearsal dinner to attend) and they have been camping all week and have not been able to get a hold of them. So I am talking to her and I can her husband in the background on his phone...his parents finally called to say they were home so I did not have to make a run out to pick him up.

Then I call my husband to see when he will be home from work and should I start dinner (the man has this thing about not calling me..I swear he does it just to tick me off) and he tells me he is on his way to this antique store to buy a rocking chair. We saw it on Sunday and he dithered around about buying and then decided not to and now has changed his mind...so it will probably be another hour before he is home.

Off to check on dinner.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

56 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning. Hope everyone in the storms path are ok. Its so weird but I know a lot of the small cities the news is talking about in SC and NC (cape lookout) because I was looking up timeshare trades for my mom for October and many of these coastal cities with resorts were listed. Of course I had already heard of Myrtle Beach and the larger cities. I didn't realize they evacuated Atlantic City. My cousin in Long Island is on the move.

{{{everyone in Irene's path}}}

Today I finally made it down to the beach at Port Stanley (on Lake Erie). First time this summer, and probably the last too, unless I decide to make the drive again next weekend. I love swimming, but it's not something I get to do often. I grew up with a backyard pool, and I really miss it. However, I am not prepared for either the expense or the work involved with having my own pool (sorry kids!)

I am both excited and nervous that our family Carribean cruise is 5 weeks tomorrow.....I have every extremity crossed that another hurricane won't mess with our plans. I am not all that concerned about missing any of the 5 ports of call, but I just want to get on the ship! We embark/disembark in San Juan, Puerto Rico and then plan to spend a couple of days in a resort there before flying home. I know they were hit pretty hard by Irene already so I'm hoping that it won't happen to them twice.

Your nervousness luckiest is the reason I probably will only take an Alaskan cruise. I'd be deathly afraid that some sort of hurricane would ruin my vacation. I'll send you good thoughts though to prevent that happening to you!

I hope everyone in the path of Irene stays safe...

I feel kind of guilty, because our weather today was fantastic! However, I spent most of the day in the kitchen -- making homemade marinara sauce. I think it turned out really well....

Clay!!! Where are you?!?!?!?!?

I made a banana gelato today. It was okay. Doubt I'd do it again. We had some extremely ripe bananas that I used as the excuse. Marinara sauce sounds so much better.

luckiest the cruise sounds really nice. Is the whole family going? You should have a blast.

Irene is crazy, eh? Hugs to all in its path.

And big hugs to my friend Tugger, who lost her hubby today due to cancer. :hug: He was such a sweet, kind man. When I visited last summer, he offered to take my bags and put them in the car even though he was weak. The next morning he made us a delicious breakfast! He never wanted to stop. Before I left too he asked me when I'd be back, I'm sad to say I haven't been. :( I wish I could be there for her in person through all of this, but for now the internet has to do.

We have been super super busy with moving. We had the place kinda cleaned up and started getting things put away, and then more and more boxes started coming in, and now it looks like it did the first day we got in here. Can't do a lot with the kitchen though because there isn't much space for anything. We have no drawers here and no pantry. It's making it challenging. After that we have a full room of stuff to go through. We're going to be getting rid of a LOT in the next couple months.

The other adventure with moving here is we really don't know the area that well. It's all brand new to me at least, Mom's worked here on the north end for almost 15 years but doesn't know the tricks for back roads and such yet. I know nothing but main roads, but I can stick to that while I get myself acquainted with our new area (I've discovered I'm an east side girl through and through; I've been calling myself an import!).

Tomorrow I think I'm going to start on my bathroom. It needs some paint and some re-caulking around the tub. Fun!

So sorry about your friend Tugger's husband. I'm sure she appreciates that you have stayed in contact with her. Good luck with downsizing your belongings. I'm working on that somewhat too.

Hopefully Irene is dwindling down to a tropical storm and won't do too much more damage. Precautions were definitely taken along it's path and injuries and damage have been minimized. I only had the minor irritation of getting debris all over the roof I just cleaned off on Thursday.

Have a great day. I hope to get something worthwhile accomplished today, for a change.

In case anyone cares........it's HOT here! I heard a kid today ask his Dad if he could go to the zoo today. His Dad said he wasn't going anywhere outside in this heat and neither was anyone else. The kid said it's a good time to go no one would be there!

Had a great week-end with the grandbaby..he is getting to be so much fun..probably another month or so and he will be crawling. He was up at 5:30 though and nana was tired..took a nap this afternoon and generally vegged out. Back to work and school tomorrow..looking forward to the three day week-end next week.

Glad to see the hurricane was not as bad as expected and nice to see everyone checking in and letting us know how things were going.

Kim

:GE_FCA:

We have FOUR DAYS to go in the National Inclusion Project's campaign for a $50k Pepsi Refresh grant. If everyone we know sends us 4 POWER CODES (one a day), we might just round up enough votes to move into the money.

I think I've written about this every way I know. Today's Carolina On My Mind blog features that idea and Clay singing "Both Sides Now" (Scarlett's Gala 2010 video) and SueReu's montage of "These Open Arms."

Thank you to those who come by the Carolina blog and read/comment. Please borrow my idea, augment it, but ask those in your circle to help us round up the much-needed power codes to finish this drive successfully.

One suggestion: If you can't find the yellow caps in a grocery store, check the coolers at other business establishments like Best Buy, dollar stores, etc.

Have a wonderful new week, FCA! Hopefully, we will be celebrating Wednesday night! :yahoo:

Caro :listen:

54 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Hey Fear, there are 5 of us going on the cruise - me, my mom, my daughter Lindsay, my son Ian and his girlfriend Kelly. The only one not coming is my youngest son, Stuart. He is not fond of travelling....he basically said he couldn't afford it, but even if he could (or we helped him out) he didn't think it was worth the money. He is a home body, and he doesn't much like change....we took him on an all-inclusive trip to Cuba in 2005 and he mainly stayed in the hotel room watching movies. So he will stay home and take care of the dogs. We don't plan to stay in our cabin much at all...although we do have a balcony so that will be a cool place to hang out in the evenings. Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to arrange our shore excursions, etc. At least they are refundable in case of inclement weather! :P

Sounds like you should be packed and ready to go about 5 weeks ahead of time luckiest. :cryingwlaughter: It's great that Stuart will take care of the pups. At least they won't be lonely and you can get updates on how they are doing. It always scared me when we went on trips and left the cats who still fight with each other after 12 years together. Now I'm afraid of leaving Mr Fear for any length of time. First it's kids, then pets and finally husbands.

I hope you all have a great day and don't forget to vote!

I GOT A RAISE! Whoo hooo. I wrote to my bosses last week because I felt like I was doing a completely different job from when I started and I didn't get the money to go along with it. And to my amazement they went beyond my expectations. When all is said and done it will be 10K more than last year.

Yesterday I had Because You Loved Me of all songs and Suspicious Minds on a continuous loop for about 2 hours LOL. I just had it going in the background while I worked. Love that voice.

I GOT A RAISE! Whoo hooo. I wrote to my bosses last week because I felt like I was doing a completely different job from when I started and I didn't get the money to go along with it. And to my amazement they went beyond my expectations. When all is said and done it will be 10K more than last year.

Yesterday I had Because You Loved Me of all songs and Suspicious Minds on a continuous loop for about 2 hours LOL. I just had it going in the background while I worked. Love that voice.

I am so happy for you! We often undervalue ourselves. Good for your bosses to see your value to them and then back it up with cash!

Sounds like a lovely trip Luckiest.

Congrats Couchie!

53 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Way to go couchie! That's so awesome for you, and also a relief I'm sure!

It's been slow around here, but it's almost time for a new thread. (Kinda sad when it took almost 5 months to get to this point. Meanwhile, have a great vacation Clay! *g*) We've got 6 titles for possible suggestions, and I'll probably put them up later tonight in a poll.

Just checking in. Will be off line from this afternoon till probably late Sunday night. Leave today for our last bike tour of the year. 350 miles this time. Many hills to climb. I keep saying this should make me thin but the weight never changes!!!

My DIL is 30 weeks along and having some contractions. I told her not this week I will not be available! Phone service in some areas is really iffy. Her mother is also out of town in another state. I am hoping she hangs in there for another couple of weeks at least.

Maybe Clay will surface this weekend. He seems to whenever I am gone and not able to get online.

Congrats Couchie!!! :)

gbmifan, good luck!

So I just noticed...it's been 1 full year since I've joined here. I'm far from a mushy person but I just want to say how much I've grown to love this board and the free ability to say whatever, and of course all you people make it great!! *g*

Now... I'm ready for a little Clay eee'ing and squeeing this fall!

Congratulations, Couch Tomato! Sounds like a very reasonable request with an excellent reward! :dancetom:

Happy cruising, luckiest1! :snoopy:

Have a great day, all! :yahoo:

Caro :listen: