# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Hi preden, it was nice seeing you again at the Gala. I feel bad for anyone that missed it. Wowza!

We did pretty well at WFI. Just got the certified check to send in to them. The bank count is always is a little higher than our daily cash count. Glad I'm just a depositor and not an investor in that bank.

Mr Fear and i went to the hospital for a cardiovascular test this morning. It was free to the community. Guess we are both going to be around for quite a while as we both had a low risk factor. No plaque whatsoever in my carotid arteries and in the abdominal one also. Considering my mom had almost total blockage in both at my age, I'm sure lucky. :twinklewhore: I think a lot of exercise helps prevent it plus we usually eat fairly healthy. Although she was slender, my mom ate a lot of meat and had pastries and coffee quite often.

aikim, I am already 150 pages in and I knew by page 2 that it was going to be a great one! Love all the cross reference to other stories.

I love that too..but then it always makes me want to read the other books..this one really makes you think!

Kim

ausdon, my husband gave me oven mitts a few years ago, and he did well too!

Fear, glad your WFI did well.

I went shopping for after Christmas sales today, partially out of necessity. I'm pleased to discover that I'm down one pant size! Love me some Weight Watchers at this point! Anyway, I now have pants that fit again!

On the other hand....can we rewind to the Gala weekend again? I'd love to do that again....

ETA, from Openly Clay....

17686e9c.jpg

Clay's now on the home page for Universal Music Group! TnT photoshoot pic...

:GM_FCA:

46 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

54 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

LOVE the pics and recap! Thanks for bringing it over ldyj :wub:

It says they raised over $500,000! This makes my heart smile. I'm so glad the

event was successful. Now if we could just get them to post a video or two :whistling-1:

Holy crap! I come home from work to find I've kilt FCA! :-(

where is everyone?

Well you can blame several here for my addiction to BBT. I tape 2 episodes on channel 2. I watch the regular weekly episode on channel five. And TBS now airs 2 episodes a night as well. And they are having a New Years Eve marathon LOL. I think I've almost caught them all already. Finally saw the pilot episode tonight. It's funny but I thought Sheldon was portrayed slightly different in the pilot. New favorite episode is The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis. AND the NBA is back. I was mad at them but my Warriors are winning. I'm easy that way.

To me it's like the quiet before the storm. It will be interesting to see Clay on TV every week..or does this come on twice a week like so many of these reality shows.

What's everyone doing for New Years. Went shopping tonight for everything I need to make gumbo and Louisiana bbq shrimp for new years day. I do nothing on New Years eve. Well ha ha guess I'll be watching the BBT marathon.

45 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

53 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

2011 Champion's Gala -- Through A Child's EyesSome cute pictures of Clay, and a good summary of the weekend.

Love it!! :) So glad they raised so much money. Now I'd like to know WFI totals!

<snip>

New favorite episode is The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis.

That's one of my favorites too! Another one that tops my list is The Love Car Displacement. *g*

New Year's is going to be fun, I'll be packing up stuff to spend around 2 1/2 days with friends. We're not going anywhere, but I don't see the point of putting an extra 100 miles on my car to come home between parties! :)

So...I have a couple questions I wanted to put out there, I figured you all might be able to help:

1. Has anyone needed to buy Harry Potter DVDs (not Blu-ray OR Blu-ray combo packs) and had trouble finding them? I read last month that today (Dec 29) is the LAST shipment day for ALL Harry Potter movies, and once they're gone, they're gone. They're going into a "vault" like Disney movies. I don't have a problem with that, but what I didn't like was that I thought they'd at LEAST keep both the DVDs AND the Blu-rays on the shelves.....but apparently not. I went on a hunt yesterday while Mom and I were out running errands and went to 2 Walmarts and 2 Meijers (didn't want to bother with Best Buy because I didn't want to pay a higher price) and could only find Deathly Hallows Part 2 on DVD (not in the combo pack)...no part 1, although all the other movies were still in stock! I ended up buying online (for a dirt cheap $4), but it just frustrated me that it didn't seem like they were even bothering to keep up their DVD stock till today.

(The reason I even had to go on a hunt was because I was so hoping for a deluxe Part 1 and 2 box set of the 7th movie and WB thought otherwise; their marketing campaign was instead to put out 5 versions of each movie on the market and no box set, and get more money out of the people. I could also rant about the transition of stocked movie shelves going to all Blu-ray while there are still a LOT of us who can only use DVD, but I won't. :))

2. I understand when a tracked package has been scanned and it shows a location, it means it's in or leaving that location. But I'm confused by this one: "Dec 29 Package transferred to dest MI facility Austin, TX" Does that mean it's only leaving Austin today? Does it mean it'll arrive in Michigan today? Also, what is UPS Mail Innovations?

I feel like I'm playing 20 questions.

Figured this one out. I think I'm just a teensy bit impatient! LOL

shortyjill, I've not looked for Harry Potter stuff, mainly because I read that they will be coming out with a super/duper set (with even MORE extras) of all 8 movies, probably in time for Christmas next year. Of course, we finally got a blu-ray player this year, so we're planning on getting the complete set in blu-ray. (Oh, and all the regular DVD's I have will work in the player as well). I'm gonna be patient at this point....

Not doing much for New Year's Eve. I have a ton of stuff to watch with the blu-ray -- first of all, my husband got me the first season of "The Muppet Show," which has been a hoot so far. I got my husband a DVD set of every episode of "The Ed Sullivan Show" that featured The Rolling Stones. Since they are complete episodes, there are some early comedy gems there -- such as an early appearance by Flip Wilson. And then...anyone remember The Hudson Brothers? They were another of my fangirly crushes when I was in 8th grade, and they've released their prime-time variety show on DVD. Talk about stepping into a way-back machine. (Oh, we also did get the latest Craig Ferguson stand-up special...)

I'm also trying WW friendly recipes. Baked onion rings. Spinach artichoke dip (low-fat). Hope it deals with our munchies!

ETA:

Happy 100th Birthday treenuts!

May you have another long run in years...playing with Clay!

Donald Trump is going to be on the Today Show, Tuesday, Jan. 3 to talk about Celebrity Apprentice! :woohoo:

Kim

44 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

52 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

Well you can blame several here for my addiction to BBT. I tape 2 episodes on channel 2. I watch the regular weekly episode on channel five. And TBS now airs 2 episodes a night as well. And they are having a New Years Eve marathon LOL. I think I've almost caught them all already. Finally saw the pilot episode tonight. It's funny but I thought Sheldon was portrayed slightly different in the pilot. New favorite episode is The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis. AND the NBA is back. I was mad at them but my Warriors are winning. I'm easy that way.

To me it's like the quiet before the storm. It will be interesting to see Clay on TV every week..or does this come on twice a week like so many of these reality shows.

What's everyone doing for New Years. Went shopping tonight for everything I need to make gumbo and Louisiana bbq shrimp for new years day. I do nothing on New Years eve. Well ha ha guess I'll be watching the BBT marathon.

Glad that you are enjoying BBT. Now, I am trying to remember the pilot episode. Maybe I will find it online. This is the kind of show that is funny even if one is re-watching it.

I went to see War Horse today and all I can say is WOW! :clap:

Such an incredible film about a remarkable animal. I kept saying "how the hell do they get the horse (horses) to do that?"

It's really a beautiful film with magnificent cinematography and excellent performances. I went through 3 hankies too. If this does not win an obscene number of awards it'll be a crime. Spielberg is a fucking genius to pull this off!

Best scene in the film......the wire cutters! bwah

43 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

51 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

As we look forward to the excitement that is 2012 (Celebrity Apprentice! Carnegie Hall!), we also look back at what this year has brought us in regards to Clay Aiken.

I'm not sure if many of you realize, but I've been keeping up the TimeLines that used to be held on the original Finding Clay Aiken website. (The link for the old threads located there is here.) Here is what I'm hoping is the complete listing for 2011...

• Dec 20 -- Official single release of "Bring Back My Love" on Amazon and iTunes.
  • Dec 17 -- "Bring Back My Love" is leaked to MediaBase.
  • Dec 10 -- National Inclusion Project Gala (Raleigh, NC). Clay gave a "concert" of 12 songs, while Quiana sang three songs. The highlights were the premiere of "Bring Back My Love," and a duet with Quiana of the Leonard Cohen classic "Hallelujah." Per Clay's request, no clack was allowed.
  • Dec 9 -- VIP reception for the National Inclusion Project (Raleigh, NC), including a Q&A with Clay and Diane Bubel.
  • Dec 9 -- Clay appears on "The Adam Carolla Show" podcast. A video version is also available. Clay talks about his coming out process, his growing-up years, and the National Inclusion Project.
  • Dec 9 -- Amazon listing for "Bring Back My Love" appears.
  • Dec 8 -- WAJK, an independent Hot AC radio station based in LaSalle, Illinois, pits a NEW Clay song, "Bring Back My Love," against another song as part of their "Two Song Battle." It wins easily, and the song is played in full on the station. However, sadly, the station does not stream.
  • Dec 4 --- "Home for the Holidays" concert at the Beacon Theater in New York City to benefit Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund for homeless LGBT youth. Clay sang "My Grown-Up Christmas List."
  • Nov 20 -- Final filming of Celebrity Apprentice, with the final challenge and then a party!
  • Nov 3 -- Clay is again spotted in NYC with the cast of Celebrity Apprentice. The challenge was to sell guidebooks of NYC.
  • Nov 1 -- Messages spread that Clay is in charge of the next challenge for Celebrity Apprentice, and many NYC fans attend the "beach party."
  • Oct 17 -- Clay is spotted in NYC, as part of the cast for the 5th installment of Celebrity Apprentice (to be aired in 2012). His team was selling sandwiches for charity at Cafe Metro, 42nd and 5th Street.
  • Oct 7 -- Second video chat with Clay on the OFC (open to members only)
  • Aug 1 -- First video chat with Clay on the OFC (open to members only)
  • July 24 -- Clay appears in an episode of "Drop Dead Diva" (Lifetime Network) playing a witness in a mail-order bride scam.
  • July 18 -- appearance on "The Talk" (CBS).
  • July 18 -- Clay makes an appearance in a funnyordie.com spoof of "Hoarders." It stars Tori Spelling, who "hoards gays."
  • July 17 -- Outfest 2011 (Los Angeles, CA) screening of "Drop Dead Diva" episode, followed by a panel discussion featuring Clay Aiken and the creators of the show.
  • May 23 -- Full interview with WRAL-TV. He talks about taking time off, having "meetings," wanting to go back to Broadway, and more about his experiences with Idol.
  • May 11 -- Clay talks about Scotty McCreary's (AI 10) chances with WRAL-TV
  • May 9 -- Clay sings the National Anthem at the Durham Bulls baseball game (Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham, NC)
  • Mar 12 -- The Warfield concert (San Francisco, CA)
  • Mar 10 -- Mesa Arts Center concert (Mesa, AZ)
  • Mar 10 -- Radio interview on KOOL-FM 94.5 (Phoenix, AZ)
  • Mar 10 -- Television appearance on Good Morning Arizona
  • Mar 8 -- Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie concert (Grand Prairie, TX)
  • Mar 7 -- Minglewood Hall concert (Memphis, TN)
  • Mar 5 -- State Theatre concert (Minneapolis, MN)
  • Mar 4 -- Genesee Theatre concert (Waukegan, IL)
  • Mar 2 -- Embassy Centre concert (Fort Wayne, IN)
  • Mar 1 -- Taft Theater concert (Cincinnati, OH)
  • Feb 27 -- Keswick Theater concert (Glenside, PA)
  • Feb 26 -- Theater at Westbury concert (Westbury, NY)
  • Feb 24 -- Peace Center for the Arts concert (Greenville, SC)
  • Feb 23 -- Blek Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center concert (Charlotte, NC)
  • Feb 23 -- Clay appears on "Charlotte Today!" (WCNC-TV)
  • Feb 22 -- Kraushaar Auditorium at Goucher College concert (Baltimore, MD)
  • Feb 20 -- Palace Theater concert (Waterbury, CT)
  • Feb 19 -- Playhouse Square concert (Cleveland, OH)
  • Feb 18 -- Carnegie Music Hall Homestead concert (Pittsburgh, PA)
  • Feb 17 -- Tennessee Theater concert (Knoxville, TN)
  • Feb 16 -- Radio Interview on 90.3 (Cleveland, OH Public Broadcasting Radio)
  • Feb 16 -- Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre concert (Atlanta, GA)
  • Feb 14 -- Jones Hall concert (Houston, TX)
  • Feb 13 -- Podcast with Patrician Sheridan of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
  • Feb 12 -- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall concert (Sarasota, FL)
  • Feb 11 -- Hard Rock Live concert (Orlando, FL)
  • Feb 10 -- Opening Night of the TnT Tour. Location is Knight Concert Hall at Arsht Center for the Performing Arts (Miami, FL)
  • Feb 10 -- Radio interview with Matt & Ramona at 107.9 (Charlotte, NC)
  • Feb 9 -- WSVN-TV (Miami, FL) interview
  • Feb 7 -- Clay appears at Broadway Backwards, a fundraiser for Broadway Cares. He sings "Home."
  • Jan 30 -- Clay sings the National Anthem at the NHL All-Star Game (Raleigh, NC)
  • Jan 29 -- Radio interview on WABC (New York City)
  • Jan 28 -- Interview on WRAL-FM radio (Raleigh, NC)

If this is not a complete listing, let me know. As much as it may not have felt like it, we did have a wealth of Clay this year. (OK, so April, June and September were kind of dark, but still...)

I've also started the 2012 Timeline (located HERE). I only edit this, not add to the thread, so keep an eye on this posting -- to keep me up to date! I will be adding all the dates for CApp (once we know them), plus anything else that will come up!

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for doing that ldyj; always amazes me when fans complain about Clay not doing anything; seems like he was pretty busy to me.

Tried out my new pasta maker..made homemade ravioli for dinner..turned out pretty good, but I think I should have either made the dough a little thinner or cooked them longer...well, practice makes perfect!

Kim