# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

Merry Christmas everyone..everyone is still in bed, will have to rally them soon..need to be at Emily's by noon; then off to my sister's in the afternoon, going to be a full day!

49 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

57 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Family has come and gone today. We ate alot and now it is just hubby and me relaxing. Back to normal week tomorrow with Ski Patrol in the morning. My siter went over and picked my mother up at the extended care facility she lives at. They called and wished us a Merry Christmas. My mom is 90 and at time pleanantly confused but she was cute with her greeting. My grandson had fun helping everyone opening up their present. He is almost 3 and is so much fun.

Here is to having a great time with Clay in 2012!

I hope everyone had a great day. Got home a little while ago and had a great day with my sister and her family. We pulled out the grill and I bbq some ribs. Very atypical Xmas meal for us but it was nice. My nephew is now 12 and the boy racked up in gift cards and cash and presents. He has enough to buy himself an I-Phone but I LOL as he spent the most time on his 3 rolls of colorful duct tape. He made a wallet and some glasses out of it so far. Talk about low tech. My sister got the latest Kindle which means I got her hand me downs and I'm happy. So this is how crazy my family is. My mom and I had two big boxes as gifts. Opened the first and it was a nice wicker basket full of toilet paper. I opened the second big box and it was a case of toilet paper. ha ha. I guess I've asked her once too many times to drop off a roll LOL.

Hope ya'll had a good day.

Merry Christmas all.....well actually it's already Boxing Day but yesterday was too nuts to post. I had 10 for dinner and by the time I finally dragged myself up the stairs to bed, every single bit of me hurt. LOL. I was on my feet for 2 days, baking and cooking, etc. But I love it so I was quite happy about it. However, in the past 2 weeks I have managed to fall 3 times outside...the first time over my laces but the last 2 times on icy patches on the sidewalk. The last one was the worst, on Christmas Eve, because it was one of those whoosh, feet go out from under you and you end up on your back. Unfortunately my head also hit which wasn't pleasant, but at least I didn't black out so I figured no concussion. Anyways, my physiotherapist says it's my own personal bone density test, and so far I'm passing with flying colours since I haven't broken anything. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad you didn't break anything luckiest. Last time I went skating I went through some slush, came to a sudden stop on my stomach and broke my elbow. We don't often have ice or snow outside or for sure I'd be falling all the time.

Mr. Fear bought me a new food processor since I had been complaining about the old one. Unfortunately it is the exact same model as the old. After the last week of WFI, I was too tired to deal with it, so its sitting unwrapped in the middle of the living room. I'm hoping they have improved it. The top on the old one had to be pounded to get the bowl off resulting in a bruised palm of my hand.

We had a nice time at my neighbor's home yesterday. We had steak and potatoes for dinner. I brought the salad which was field greens, strawberries, oranges, blue cheese and balsamic vinaigrette with spiced pecans. Her mom made wine cake with blackberries for dessert. Not so healthy but delicious and satisfying.

Last year I put my four lighted penguins outside . This year I only put two out and one was stolen. They are all getting decrepit and I may have to put them to rest this year. :dead-1:

So excited, hubby got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas..haven't had time to really play with it yet as we got home from Emily's dropped the gifts and then headed to my sister's. Austin preferred playing with the wrapping paper and boxes instead of the presents, but he did enjoy the turtle bag and balls we got him...you can sit him inside and put all the balls in with him or just use it as a toy bag..he had a great time throwing the balls around!

48 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

56 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

Happy Boxing Day! luckiest, sorry to hear about your falls, but I'm soooooo glad you didn't break anything! I'm deathly afraid of falling, especially as I get older.

Fear, I got a blender for Christmas! It's still in the box at this point too, but I'm now excited about making smoothies! I also got a bunch of DVD's and such -- plus the kitties "bought" us a Blu-Ray player, with the Glee movie attached to it.

My husband and I drove to my brother's yesterday for brunch. OK, so how many Weight Watchers points are: 1/2 cinnamon roll; 1/4 slice of banana nut bread; 1/4 slice of orange cranberry bread; 1 cherry danish; 2 links of sausage; and a piece of egg casserole? (I also had tons of fruit, but I know that's no points!) And, to be honest, normally I would have eaten MORE than this... Needless to say, I had low-point soup for dinner last night. Time to get back on the program!

I wonder what Parker received for Christmas this year? I hope he had a great blessed day!

Must be the year for appliances..I got a pasta maker...thinking New Year's will be a good time to experiment with it..homemade ravioli!

Got my Kindle all set up..downloaded my first book! I am already loving it!

Kim

Best wishes and love and comforting (((hugs))) to all who need them this holiday. I've enjoyed reading all your stories, even yours, luckiest, even if your fall made me wince! Glad you weren't hurt.

Pssst, Fear, exchange it! :)

Definitely a year for appliances. I have 2 friends who both received Kitchen Aid mixers and one of my cousins got a coffee pot. :)

Luckiest ouch!! Glad you're okay!

We went to my grandma's yesterday for Christmas. One of our FL cousins is here till the 3rd, so it was nice to see her, her brother didn't come this year. There were 23 of us last night, so it made for a nice big celebration. The little ones got spoiled, as usual, and Grandma went all out on presents making sure we all got the kind of things we wanted. Then at the end of the evening she brought out the best gift of all.. she put together photo albums for all us older kids. There's about 9 of us so she put a TON of work into them over the summer. We had a lot of fun looking through them, pointing things out to each other and exchanging albums to see each other's. :)

Christmas was small gift-wise at home, I got a big fluffy blanket to snuggle in and a couple gift cards. I have to decide want I want to get with them now. So many things I want and still not enough money. lol!

I spent today relaxing on the couch, watching movies and reading my new book, "11/22/63" by Stephen King. I've been dying to buy it but I resisted so that the kids would have something affordable to get me for Christmas. I also got new oven mitts, new slippers, some gift cards, and the Jamie Oliver 2011 yearbook. Lots of little things this year. Sorry, no appliances! :P

No appliances here either but I also got some oven mitts! -I asked my DH and told him which shop to go to and described several types I would like- and surprise surprise! he got some gooduns. (might still have got some crap ones knowing his talent for gift giving!) They go up to my elbows and have silicon on both sides - I know its sad to be so pleased about oven mitts even if they are the Rolls Royce version!

Hey Lucky I'm sure there are easier bone tests available!

We just started painting the undercoat on our pergola this morning but ran out of paint - this was a good thing because a storm rolled in. It now seems to have gone as quickly as it came.

I bet Clay is having lots of fun with Parker. Three is such a great age for Christmas.

Back to work today after 4 days off..still fighting the cold and not really feeling all that great, but have to go to work as one lady in our department is on vacation...so I will head off with my tea and cough drops and kleenix and try and get through.

Luckiest1: Enjoy the book, it is a good one, I think one of his best..I could not put it down!

47 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!Yahoo.gif

55 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall! :yahoo:

Kim

Hope you all had a great Christmas, it was quiet here but nice. We don't have anything till New Year's Eve, thankfully I have to lose some lbs gained the past few weeks been binging on food and not moving enough since I'm off work, but got back on the program yesterday. I really didn't get much at Christmas because my real gift was the trip to Raleigh for the gala this year which I really didn't think I would have been able to attend! I was watching Clay's video chat from Oct. it was neat seeing reading questions from people I've met like ldyjocelyn!

Anyhow if I don't get here this week for New Year's, I want to wish you in advance a very Happy New Year for 2012!!! We have a lot to look forward to with following Clay on CA and hopefully other things for him in 2012, I hope the song gets played on radio and is a success, it's such a great song! :starhugs: