# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

32 years cha cha? Wow. That's wonderful. If I added my first marriage, in, I still couldn't come up with 32 years. So congrats to you and your hubby.

Sometimes Rosie does get all "up in your face." Reminds me of someone I know. :whistling-1: Maybe that's why I like her. LOL There is something to be said for people, though, who can just say it like it is.

I find I usually agree with her, even though, sometimes, I feel her message gets lost with her theatrics.

I don't care for Kathy Griffin, but it has nothing to do with her Clay Aiken club routine. I just don't find her to be a comedian that I enjoy. I don't loathe her like so many Clay fans do. Comedy is her living and she is not the first or last comedian to make jokes about Clay. I just feel all of that sort of comes with the territory and I think it bothers Clay's fans more than it does him. JMO though.

So. I had a wonderful lunch with a fellow Clay fan. We Eeee'd over Clay. She came bearing gifts. It all ended too soon. I hope we get a chance to do it again. She is doing the Frisco-Houston-Tulsa 3fer. So I'm sure I will run into her again in Tulsa.

ldyj I wish I could do the chat thing. My husband gets the computer in the evening and I get it during the afternoon, after work. *sigh*

Couchie I will think of lots of questions, I'm sure. heading over there now to read.

Well, I guess I'm about as deep as a puddle, because I enjoy the occasional lively conversation about the HAIR, especially if it comes complete with illustrations.

I finally took the time last night to watch the whole AI6 Finale. What a three ring circus that show was! From Tony Bennett to Green Day in a single two hour period?! Really, when I thought about it, it was kind of cool to see such a variety of live musical performances on prime time tv, since it is such a rarity any more. I will admit I enjoyed the performances that included the current and past contestants the most, and I hope that there is more focus on them next year. Taylor kind of skeered me, though...

Eh, I spent $3.99 on itunes, and bought Blake's EP. I liked his song choices, and I hope he gets some decent opportunities from being on the show. He seems to have a decent enough recording voice.

Enjoy all your cookouts and other festivities this weekends. It's supposed to be gloomy and wet for most of the weekend here, so when I'm not hanging out with my family, I think I'll be curled up on my couch either napping or watching Clack.

We aren't having a cookout till either tomorrow night or Monday. My hubby's uncle is coming in from Germany on Monday,

and 2 daughters and spouses are coming over Sunday to spend the night and help get ready. On Monday, MIL will drive over to

spend the night too, and then the two of them will be off to PA to BIL's on Tuesday morning. On Thursday, #2 daughter comes

home from school in SF and Fri the whole lot of us (9 in all) will head to PA for MIL's 80th BD on Saturday. If you think this sounds

like a busy time, it is.... but fairly typical of the way things go in this family! Hubby's other brother and family are coming from TX,

and this will be the first time all of us have been in the same place since their wedding 20 years ago!

We'll then have a whirlwind of activity because #2 daughter is home for 2-3 weeks, and then #1 & #2 daughter will be heading for

Ecuador to track bears in the Andes mountians for 5 weeks! This is something I'm trying to be very zen about!

:allgood:

So I guess I won't be around for the chat. :( But ya'll have fun!! :D

It's only about 7 weeks till Philly!!!

:Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :TourExcite: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

Well, I guess I'm about as deep as a puddle, because I enjoy the occasional lively conversation about the HAIR, especially if it comes complete with illustrations.

Well, I'm as deep as you because I LOVE to discuss the hair - especially with illustrations! You should have known me after the AI5 finale. I discussed it a lot.... <_<

Taylor kind of skeered me, though...

He skeered me too.... But then again, he usually does.....

Eh, I spent $3.99 on itunes, and bought Blake's EP. I liked his song choices, and I hope he gets some decent opportunities from being on the show. He seems to have a decent enough recording voice.

I listened to the snippets on iTunes and I thought his voice sounded MUCH better recorded than it did on the show! If I had known, I would have liked him more. I have actually been thinking of buying it and I couldn't stand him on the show! And after finding out about Jordin's politics, I am not sure I could support her.

Enjoy all your cookouts and other festivities this weekends. It's supposed to be gloomy and wet for most of the weekend here, so when I'm not hanging out with my family, I think I'll be curled up on my couch either napping or watching Clack.

No cookouts for me! Its hot and humid here - like near 90 - but I am not a fan of weather this hot. I don't have central a/c and its way too early to struggle with my window air conditioners, so I plan to spend the weekend in front of a fan reading or watching TV - although I really need to do some house cleaning.....

Is it July yet???

Just to pretty things up this holiday weekend....

ama06-41r-1.jpg

121174121-M.jpg

clay3-1.jpg

Afghanistan3wide.jpg

claydrawing.jpg

Tyradimple.gif

118074832-L.jpg

121317306-M.jpg

Gibby - I think that avatar is from the BAF fundraiser in Raleigh last month. (was it only last month? - March maybe??)

Thank you! I remember that clip now. He was so on that night!

Wow, there are some fantastic pics in this thread today! I'm gonna drool all over my laptop if I'm not careful.

Has this luscious pic from this week's EW been shared here yet? I'm on the go today, and am just checking in for a moment before taking my DD shopping for an electric guitar. Gonna have to get her headphones to use so the rest of us don't have to wear earplugs! :)

Anyway, DD showed me this EW pic as soon as the magazine came in the mail today. She knows how to butter up her Mom! Double-clickable:

th_img152.jpg

Edited by Gibby

Gibby, thanks for that EW scan; I've wondered what the pic was. And I love the comments with the line leading the way to the images..

I do think it's an egregious omission, however, that they did not incude a line to his crotch that led to a comment such as:

Beautiful Humongous Cock

Clay makes light of his big ears, but

he makes women swoon with his BHC

and, based on hundreds of Photobucket accounts

full of fan-made pics from his concerts, he

doesn't seem too shy about showing

it off. He's definitely the whole package!

:whistling-1:

Hi all...turned into a lurker the past few days...just so many things to post about and I end up not posting at all...hee

So...whats up...oh happy memorial day to those in the states...here in Canada we had our three day weekend last week...it was Victoria day.

love the pictures posted today..I really prefer Clay with bangs or long hair. I actually totally loved the AI5 hair. I will never forget that appearance..he looked so gorgeous...and that moment to me was a defining one for him. Yeah Sandecki's reaction made it memorable...but he also look like the star that he is...his singing was wonderful and it really was the talk of the town when it happened.

getting so excited about the concert tour...the other night Racel Rays travel show featured San Diego...it looked really great and she featured a lot f places to eat and see that were not very expensive...Now I can;t wait!!!

Gibby, thanks for that EW scan; I've wondered what the pic was. And I love the comments with the line leading the way to the images..

I do think it's an egregious omission, however, that they did not incude a line to his crotch that led to a comment such as:

Beautiful Humongous Cock

Clay makes light of his big ears, but

he makes women swoon with his BHC

and, based on hundreds of Photobucket accounts

full of fan-made pics from his concerts, he

doesn't seem too shy about showing

it off. He's definitely the whole package!

:whistling-1:

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I actually dissected all the reasons why I hated AI5 hair back in the day, but for me, it boils down to (1) it was WAAAAY too dark, (2) the bangs were WAAAAY too long and (3) it was WAAAAY too rounded. The later bang cuts were a bit more tapered and that, combined with the MUCH, MUCH better reddish/brown highlighted color to me made all the difference in the world. That really dark, kind of flat color, just doesn't work with his complexion.

Aw geez, still talking about the hair? Where's the Cheez Doodles?

Seriously -- well, first of all, I don't mind the discussions about the hair as long as it comes with pretty pictures. But I guess, for me, it just got to be such a fixation for some people that it just floored me, and really sensitized me. As long as people don't take it all so personally, I'm pretty OK with it. But then, as I think I've explained before, I sometimes read criticisms of Clay, even for as something as shallow as the hair, and I have a knee-jerk reaction to recoil. Yes, that's ME taking it too personally, and I know that. Just as long as everyone around here realizes that, we should be good to go.

And since we're talking about that hair -- heh -- CG, I actually agree with you on points one and two. A bit too dark, and those bangs would drive me nuts. But, I got used to it, and I felt the electricity in his performance, and I was a goner from then on.

OK, I'm sitting here with the laptop and hubby next to me. Therefore, I had to scroll muski's latest post....

I just mostly feel stupid with the hair talk cuz it all looks the same to me. I only notice it when it's absolutely horrible...like the mohawk which ruined all tour merchandse heee. Hell I think I get an education when ya'll start talking about the hair and the clothes. I'm such a fashion victim.

I actually dissected all the reasons why I hated AI5 hair back in the day, but for me, it boils down to (1) it was WAAAAY too dark, (2) the bangs were WAAAAY too long and (3) it was WAAAAY too rounded. The later bang cuts were a bit more tapered and that, combined with the MUCH, MUCH better reddish/brown highlighted color to me made all the difference in the world. That really dark, kind of flat color, just doesn't work with his complexion.

But don't forget, keepingfaith fell in love with that Clay. A lot of people fell in love with that Clay that night.

Aw geez, still talking about the hair? Where's the Cheez Doodles?

Seriously -- well, first of all, I don't mind the discussions about the hair as long as it comes with pretty pictures. But I guess, for me, it just got to be such a fixation for some people that it just floored me, and really sensitized me. As long as people don't take it all so personally, I'm pretty OK with it. But then, as I think I've explained before, I sometimes read criticisms of Clay, even for as something as shallow as the hair, and I have a knee-jerk reaction to recoil. Yes, that's ME taking it too personally, and I know that. Just as long as everyone around here realizes that, we should be good to go.

This happens to me too. I hope we'll include the fandom's hair fixation on the chat, cause that would make an interesting topic. I'd like to understand why it's so important to some. It's just hair for one appearance, and you know whatever it is, like it or hate it, it'll be different next time. So why is it so primary for some people? I mean, there are days I like it better than other days, but it isn't a big deal. It's like OK, he could've looked better that day, and I move on.

Guest huskerfalcon
This happens to me too. I hope we'll include the fandom's hair fixation on the chat, cause that would make an interesting topic. I'd like to understand why it's so important to some. It's just hair for one appearance, and you know whatever it is, like it or hate it, it'll be different next time. So why is it so primary for some people? I mean, there are days I like it better than other days, but it isn't a big deal. It's like OK, he could've looked better that day, and I move on.

ITA. I remember one person stating that if she didn't like his hair she wouldn't go see him in concert. My jaw hit the floor on that one.

I'm kinda like... ooooh, he looks good! every time I see him. I have times and images that stick in my brain a little more, like these: (all clickable)

th_peopleps-01closerer.jpg

th_DeathRay.jpg

th_gahtw1.jpg

But mostly, as ldyjocelyn said... I just love him!

Shameless plug... those pics are all featured in my latest EF montage called This is How a Heart Breaks... here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qUEotO_yUY

Edited by huskerfalcon

Oooh....Huskerfalcon, that first picture! OMGHSFGICB! But I want more and something is malformed in the video ID and You Tube won't let me have my fix...dang.

Thanks for all the purdy pictures today. I think I could die a happy woman if I ever got to see him in person looking exactly like he did at the AMA's. Damn, he was gorgeous that night....just gorgeous.

Well, he was pretty darn gorgeous on Martha Stewart, too. So, if I saw him in the AMA suit I guess I'd have to settle for cardiac arrest and survive in hopes of one day seeing the velvety jacket and the brown satin tie.

Speaking of hair, I got a quick glimpse of some armpit hair in Kettering after he peeled off that orange shirt. It took a few minutes to process that I had just actually seen Clay Aiken's armpit....how cool is that? Huh? But I was stalwart and went back to taking pictures like nothing major had just happened to me.

Did I zapruder those photos when I got home to see if I'd managed to capture anything Clay might have had up his sleeve? Oh no....not me.... :whistling-1:

I guess I'd better get my butt out of this chair and go to bed. I'm reduced to talking about someone's armpit hair. Better I go dream about that which is long and thick and beautiful....especially when he flips it in my direction.

But then again a little spiking now and again never hurt anyone, either.

ETA: The name of the song! DUH! Thanks cha cha.

Editing is fun: Just "breathe" for the B word.

Edited by Karen Eh?

We need to start a fan club just for the hair.... what?

or after watching that EF montage ::fans self::

a fan club just for the EYES?????????

btw - that link did't work for me...

good thing you put the name of the song... thanks!

k'eh - HSFGYC-WHAT? (I can't think of any B words!)

Edited by cha cha trusty

Better I go dream about that which is long and thick and beautiful....especially when he flips it in my direction.

Karen Eh?, you were talking about Waldo in this instance, right? I mean, here you were talking about the hair, and then you shift gears and start thinking about dreaming about Waldo.

Pretty typical for the fandom, eh? *g*

And now, on that note...off to church. So going to hell.

huskerfalcon, to use some really old terminology....THUD! Thanx.

And I'll start the fanclub for the fingers. Anyone else in?

HF...yup I will second and third that THUD....

ldyj...here I was thinking all innocent thoughts about Karen eh?'s post...and now...your interpretation ...welllll!!!

So the topic du jour...hair...I think the reaction to the hair can be very strong because it does change his look so much. I do think some people are more visually oriented...that they cannot easily ignore something that is visually jarring for them. the problem is...people react differently to the same stimuli...for example the page 50 People picture...so many people love that...I hate it. The AI5 hair...my reaction to that was visceral...I loved it I think for the same reasons that Claygasm hated it. I always liked the combination of Black hair and very fair skin. I think for me it make Clay's features come out stronger and strangely enough I thought the bangs emphasized his eyes. I also think that hair made him look like the young guy that he is for me.

I think the hair reaction only pisses me off when it gets a bit too hysterical. When people say they don;t like it....its cool for me. But when they start to panic and say that Clay is dooooomed I tell you!!! because of the HAIR?!?! or when they say they cannot watch him ...or when they start on the attack on Jaime or John...it just pisses me off.

But in general...the hair and clothes comment are just par the course of a Clay Aiken message board IMO. When the posts include great visuals...I won't complain...bring it on!!!

The fingers...gah...I have to say very sensual. I would say his hands in general are pretty hot.

Guest huskerfalcon

Oh lordy, the hands!!! I want to do another montage with the 'new look' but I need to find another song with 'hands' in the title. If'n anyone knows of a song with those lofty requirements, let me know. :)

When he starts caressing the mic, it does baaad things to me. Likewise, the running of the fingers through the oft-discussed hair. *sigh* He's a very sensuous man. Gifted in sooo many ways. *rawr*

Oh lordy, the hands!!! I want to do another montage with the 'new look' but I need to find another song with 'hands' in the title. If'n anyone knows of a song with those lofty requirements, let me know. :)

When he starts caressing the mic, it does baaad things to me. Likewise, the running of the fingers through the oft-discussed hair. *sigh* He's a very sensuous man. Gifted in sooo many ways. *rawr*

This Hand is Your Hand, This Hand is My Hand

Er, sorry. Let's try again.

Beautiful Beckoning Hands

Careless Hands

Clap Hands And endless variations. OK, maybe not . . .

Daddy's Hands OK, maybe not that one either.

Get a Little Dirt on Your Hands

Hands Knees and Booms-a-Daisie

It's just a start, but I'm sure there's a keeper in there somewhere. And now I have to head to the family reunion. Happy Memorial Day, y'all.

hair - Don't care.

wait 5 minutes and it will change again.

You can't capture Clay and hold hiim frozen in time - he is what he is and will be what he will be. Not my job.

Have I hit all the cliche's yet?

Help - DJS and I are going to Frisco and Houton and have not made any plans - duh!!! We decided last night to fly into houston and drive o Frisco and back and fly back out from houston - anyone want to share expenses renting a car?

Some times I just lose track of time.

HF - Paul McCartney did a couple songs with hands - how about "Hands Across the Water"?

About the hair - the "wait 5 minutes and it will change" attitude is about how I view it. I can't get

all worked up about it, although there are times when I can't wait for that 5 minutes to be UP!! :lol:

I pretty much love it and wouldn't resist some flipping my way either!

:D "If I said I didn't like it, would you hold it against me?" :D

I wish Clay would have a new photo session already... isn't it about time?

Tour Books need to be printed! What is he waiting for?

:Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

Edited by cha cha trusty

YAY we have a new banner!!! thanks to cindilu2

I know other members sent me some banners before...sorry I was not able to put it up...just RL got busy then I can't seem to find them...so if you could please send it to me again and We can have it up later on.

I will be putting the pins design up for a poll...we will have the poll up until the end of May...then we will put up the final design and price and start taking orders...hopefully in the first week of June. We want to get it sent to peole interested before the concerts.