# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

YSRN - if it was cached for you - then wouldn't it be cached for me too??

But it's good news that you are still getting my site!! Thanks for letting me know!

I guess I'll try again from the office cause I still get no response from here!

eta: the avatar's back!!!!!! YAAAY!

Edited by cha cha trusty

By being tired of being irritated and having to politely scroll instead of taking part in converstions because there is no way on earth I can be respectful I have discovered a way to fund all clack vaults in the future.

Now some of you may have grown up in houses with swear jars - where you have to put a quarter or a dollar inif you use a swear word - well I would like to start a "mandate" jar - never has one word been misused so much. If people are really committed to using that word, they should be wiling to pay for the priviledge and send the collected funds to the appropriate clack vault. Now if I were to make an equivalent one for myself, I suppose it would have to be the "it's the internet, take posts with a grain of salt" jar. Now taking things with a grain of salt does not mean you have to insult the person posting, as a matter of fact, you don't even have to reply, my usual modus operandi, it just means that patience will usually prove what is right.

The only anonymous posts I jump on have to do with buying tickets must be first buying tickets, heh. Or mmaybe to turn on the radio or TV to see something as it happens. Everyting else can be dealt with in the proper time. This is one reason why I don't angst over spoilers, we can see when it happns, spoilers are not neccessary for life (although concert tickets are)

Edited by playbiller

I would like to start a "mandate" jar - never has one word been misused so much. If peopl are reallycommitted to usig that word, they should be wiling to pay for the priviledge and send the collected funds to the appropriate clack vault.

:cryingwlaughter: I'm right there with you. Better yet, send the proceeds to Unicef or the BAF. Can you imagine how much we could collect?????

I would like to start a "mandate" jar - never has one word been misused so much. If peopl are reallycommitted to usig that word, they should be wiling to pay for the priviledge and send the collected funds to the appropriate clack vault.

:cryingwlaughter: I'm right there with you. Better yet, send the proceeds to Unicef or the BAF. Can you imagine how much we could collect?????

Bwah! Ok,,,,consider this post a mandate to create a mandate jar.

And I'm here at work...lots to do....working on a list of things to do....listening to Blessed Union of Souls on my computer's iTunes....I turn to get a file on the computer and see this float across my screen:

th_003.jpg

And I'm stopped in my tracks and have to stare...and then this one is next:

th_crotchgraboops.jpg

And then while I'm still grinning, this one shows up:

th_aikendaysof1.jpg

And actual tears sting my eyes because I just plain MISS him so much, miss seeing and hearing him sing. I mean really, really miss him....singing to me.

Edited by muskifest

I was replaying the Idol finale on DVR last night and realized that I don't have the results recorded. The show ran over two hours so people who were recording didn't get the results on the biggest results show of the year. The producers had time for embarrassing, exploitative Golden Idol moments for the purpose of further humiliating people on national TV, and couldn't fit in the announcement of the 2007 American Idol Winner within the 2-hour time slot. Was the Bette Midler performance really necessary, especially since she was a last-minute fill in for the unnamed star who walked out? Shouldn't more time have been spent with Blake and Jordin, and especially at the end with Jordin? My local news cut into Jordin's big song at the end ... she didn't even get to sing her entire song. Very strange indeed.

Also, I read this morning that the 2007 Idol Finale ratings were 19% under 2006. And heard this morning that the producers are now saying they will go back to the original formula by taking the focus off of the celebrity mentors and putting it back on the Idol contestants. Duh!

Edited by keepingfaith

Oh please I for one would run out of money. Can we do something a little less costly, like a nickle for whenever Clay wears a t-shirt under his real shirt, or a dime for every time he changes his hair color, or a quarter for every time he wears a fugly shirt, or a dollar for every time he says we instead of I, or $5..oh you get the point. All of those would be a bit more cost effective for this poor claymate.

Sorry for those that hate that word. I think I'm claiming it now. I'm a claymate. Clay wins.

Play - big old hug to you. Loved your post.

Read some of twop last night..some good clive snark... this was my favorite..

Has anyone let Clive Davis know that it was actually a live episode of "American Idol," and not an annual shareholder's meeting?

ldyjocelyn I hope you are feeling better.

Happy Birthday to Alliesmom.

YSRN wrote:

Funny, huh? I don't know what I think except that he is one smart kid. He's able to laugh at himself. He doesn't take it too seriously. He's capitalizing on every second. Hmm, kinda like someone else I know...you mighta heard of him. Hee. And yeah, I don't think he pulled one over on anyone during AI; I think he's making the most of it now. Shrewd is a good word.

Thanks for The View link play. I love people who have strong opinions and don't hold back. I don't have to agree with them to like them and I like Rosie just fine. I like to know where people stand without having to read between any lines. Maybe that's why I like ya'll! smile.gif But then I'm one of those who likes Simon too. Has anyone seen his True Hollywood Story? I watched it the other day and thought it was interesting how he was a little opinionated brat when he was a kid, dropped out of school, and pretty much built himself up from the mailroom.

I think Sanjaya will make a few dollars off of AI too. He's smart enough to capitalize on his opportunity.

I watched the Simon biography on E. I wondered if he got his ass kicked a lot when he was younger. LOL He was an arrogant little brat.

I didn't watch AI last night because I was watching LOST. One of the best shows to come to TV in years. It was an awesome season finale and will be talked about for a long time. Didn't hear what Clive said but, I have no doubt it has been blown out of proportion. Like most everything else is, by a few people. Usually the same ones. You can set your watch by them. They never let an opportunity to bash ATDW, Clive, RCA, 19R, go by without bashing them all to hell. 'Cause God knows, listen up people, they bought them selves a book called "Hit Men" (Probably written in 1899) and they feel compelled to shove share their new found music business knowledge with the rest of us. Ad Nauseum. *Yawn* Can't be bothered with them anymore. It's tantamount to listening to that static you hear on TV, when the stations go off the air at night. It drives you crazy and makes you want to smash the living hell out of it.

playbiller I love your sentiment about the word "Mandate." I bet Clay is sorry he ever used the word. I know 95% of his fans are. LOL Then some fans wonder why he never blogs. Because no matter what he says, which words he uses to say it, it will come to mean anything other than what he meant by the time some are done with it. It is maddening and has driven many fans away. Or what kandre said.

One more thing about Clive and I'll drop it -

I hate the way some in the fandom pick out one word or phrase and act like it's the only thing that defines them. Especially a word that was said once and never repeated, but it seems to justify all kinds of dogmatic pronouncements. I don't mind intelligent, realistic interesting speculation - but so much of the "speculation" is shrill, nasty, hyperbolic, repetitive, pointless and as full of stereotypes no better than the ones people complain about being thrown about with "Claymates".

Clive Davis, hard as it may seem, is not a complete idiot - and frankly I find it hard to believe that he parses his words as much as anyone in the fandom. Yeah, new hit songs sell albums - but I sure he also knows scandals sell albums, movies sell albums, TV exposure sells albums; hell, covers sell albums too. He had a minute to list AI successes, prop up the current judges and emphasize how AI plans to continue to be a juggernaut in the music industry, and I think Clive Davis also knows perfectly well that there wasn't a viewer out there that was gonna make a purchasing decision on whatever Clive said. The music industry is nasty? Welcome to corporate America. Frankly, being nice and fair to everyone is generally not rewarded in CEOs.

I'll lay anyone odds that there are a number of RCA artists screaming bloody murder at the attention anyone from AI gets from Clive and everyone else...Clive mentioned Clay in a positive light, and I believe Clay will still be singing after Clive is buried.

I have always felt sorry for the kids on AI. I wish all of them success. I know that the ones who get signed owe their souls to the AI Franchise, but at least they have an opportunity at something they have probably dreamed of for a long time. Sooner or later their contracts with the AI machine will end and if they have talent they can continue with someone else.Those with real talent will have other opportunities come their way, even if they don't win. I don't think it is right to begrudge them their success. I don't. I don't understand how some of them get as far as they do, but that is because I don't think they have any real talent. I still don't begrudge them though.

Couchie I have had ATM machines eat my card before. It is a pain to have to go to the bank and retrieve it.

Gotta love the finale tonight..Clive mentions Clay...ROTFLMAO!

The meltdown begins....

:cryingwlaughter: I see they have a thread "rerun" of Clive bashing going on at Clay's board.

Bette was a last minute subsitution for some unnmed star who walked ou yesterday - she had to fly in from Europe without preparation

Think it was Britney?

I love Bette Midler. Sorry to hear she wasn't giving a good performance. I think she is like Elton and a few others. They are getting older and past their singing prime. Don't know who the absent star was. Could be Britney.

keepingfaith wrote:

Everything about him last May 24th amazed, beguiled and enchanted me. From the moment I knew it was him (which wasn't immediately) my heart was racing. All I wanted was for the cameras not to leave him for a second because every angle was gorgeous and powerful. The first wicked smile and the casting of his eyes, the voice that went to my bones and made me gasp, the finger waggle, the dark sexy hair, the sultry eyes, the perfect suit and tie, the posture, the smile, the charm, the walk, the boots, the lighting, the click of his heels, the handshakes, all three of them, the boots, and that smile again .... his taking ownership of a cheap Golden Idol comedy bit by transforming it into something joyous and exhilerating. Truly a transcendental experience for me. I still go there often.

Best tie evah. Loved the hair. Loved it. I thought it was one of the most hawtest Clay moments ever.

WOW. I think I'm caught up.

I have a lunch date Saturday with a fellow fan who lives right here in my home town. I am so excited.

Clay looks 12 years old in those screen caps. I can't fantasize about doing the nasty with a 12 year old. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't think it is right to begrudge them their success. I don't. I don't understand how some of them get as far as they do, but that is because I don't think they have any real talent. I still don't begrudge them though.

I agree. And how many people smirked or got happy when Clay was praised for his success and Ruben was put down. Or how happy were we when Idol treated Clay more like a winner while Ruben had to stand before them to be judged all over again and then finally ignored. Hell I still see people happily posting news articles that say how much better Clay did. Did Idol really love Clay more than Ruben or did they like the success story of Clay who they could claim. People like success stories. So now we're all pissed on Taylor and Kat's behalf because Daughtery is getting the Clay treatment? Clay got the good treatment because of his SALES. Daughtery is getting the treamtment because of his SALES. Yeah once Ruben was thoroughly stomped on and rendered irrevelant the sympathy came out in full force. Now we're even happy to see him. I could care less that the 4th place finisher is kicking the other two's butt. I wanted it ALL for Clay back then and had to fight people who said he didn't deserve it because he didn't win.

Crap I keep losing my changes... I don't do much clayverting but I will fight to the death that ever said to me, why is he getting that..he didn't even win. How many times have you heard that. Taylor as the winner of American Idol got things just because he won not becuase he had proven any sort of commerical success. That Ford commerical for one that played over and over and over again...and a book deal worth millions. They can't grab back the money he made off of either of those. On the other hand, I remember when Carrie won - stiff ass Carrie - more people seemed to be rooting for Bo and the conclusion was he'd pull a Clay Aiken and outsell the winner. Shit happens. Success breeds more success. Clay was treated kinda equally to Ruben when he won..but not really - he still was in the subordinate position - UNTIL success showed hey, that guy has more fans and he rolled on from there.

That's why I loved the TWoP snark about Clive. It's funny without being so emotionally personal. It's all about the Benjamins. If Daughtery had sold 10K Clive would be up there proclaiming himself a member of the soul patrol.

I edited this crap post a thousand different times...geesh.

Thanks for the good wishes clayzorback! Lost rawks!

yeah, bottle...it is the same hair...and sorry, ldyjocelyn...but the hair sucks a big one here....

*sob*

I'll just sit in the corner with the Cheez Doodles and pet the dorky hair, OK?

Clay looks 12 years old in those screen caps. I can't fantasize about doing the nasty with a 12 year old. :cryingwlaughter:

When he looks like that, I do have to admit that the nasty is the last thing on my mind. But hanging out with him, goofing off, joking around, things like that -- that's what I'd be doing. And hey, who knows where that could lead. *g*

Wait a minute - that reminds me - wasn 't Mario supposed to be the break out star this year - his single got lots of play on the radio and we all know that is all you need to be a star! Clive didn't mention Mario?

Anyone else amused as Sanjaya's shirts are selling higher than Simon's?

Edited by playbiller

Thank you muchly for the birthday wishes. I know I am a newbie here and I totally appreciate it.

I LOVE Bette Midler with the fire of a million easybake ovens X the diameter of the sun, or something. She is MY idol, next to Clay. And I admit she was subpar on that performance vocally, but gosh darn it, she made Jerry Springer cry. : ) I totally admit I was watching for the screen cap of Hasselhoff crying again, but I was DENIED.

I guess the only observation I have is.... I go to Vegas every year with my neighbors. We vote on shows to go to. They are going to Celine Dion, and I opted out. Too $$$. I am instead attending Spamalot with John O'Hurley and CANNOT wait. OTOH, if it had been Bette? Wild horses could not have kept me from throwing down my retirement fund to get front row seats. She is the equivalent of Clay in my ticket buying frenzy world. Very few have lit my MUST see lights. Those are two of the brightest stars in the constellation. Makes me smile every time I see them.

GO on with yourown badself Vicki Edie and the Harlots!!!! Or something like that. Or as the Divine Miss M quoted the Divine Sophie Tucker... Fuck em if they can't take a yoke.

OMG back in the day I loved Bette! Hers was the first concert I went to see after I moved to the States! It was in '74 and I was 6 months pregnant. I always tell my daughter that it was her first concert. What a show! We all stood in the aisles dancing and singing along. It was so entertaining.

YouTube has some of her bathhouse videos up. I could watch them for hours.

I think part of the reason I like Clay so much is that he is such a great entertainer in concert.

I cannot wait to see keepingfaith's reaction as a first timer...there is nothing like live Clay!

luckiest1 don't let Kandre know you like Cheez Doodles! She doesn't like to share*g*

Edited by merrieeee

I got to see Muski daughter pitch tonight. She was bringing the heat. She could hit and field as well. The only thing she needs to work on is sending signs to the catcher in a more non-Clay definition of subtle way. Heee..she's way cute.

Welp one more day and a 3 day weekend! whoo hooo.

luckiest1 don't let Kandre know you like Cheez Doodles! She doesn't like to share*g*

Heh, I don't even know what a Cheez Doodle is, but it sounds suspiciously not low fat. I just like the hair!

I think part of the reason I like Clay so much is that he is such a great entertainer in concert.

I know that's much of my reason as well...and that's why it frustrates me sometimes when people want to put him simply in the rock star box. The man has personality galore, and frankly, it doesn't come through via recordings very often. Live is definitely the way to go, but I think there are even more ways to see that entertainer. If that long rumored TV talk show comes through for him (and I still think he's been collecting audition tapes with all the appearances he's done in the past year or so), I really believe that many people will see what an entertaining little cuss the man is.

I cannot wait to see keepingfaith's reaction as a first timer...there is nothing like live Clay!

Do you think one of the clack gatherers will be able to pull their camera off Clay for a few minutes just to get her reactions on tape? I'd love to see that as well.

Welp one more day and a 3 day weekend! whoo hooo.

I know. Thank God. Plus, that means a short four day workweek next week!

Heh, I don't even know what a Cheez Doodle is, but it sounds suspiciously not low fat. I just like the hair!

Cheez Doodles -- the official snack of the eHP (and I think they should be the unofficial snack of FCA....) luckiest1, scroll down on the page....they DO make lowfat ones. But my question is: WHY?!?!? *g*

LadyJ and merrieeee ... what are you trying to do to me? I'm excited and anxious enough already, now you're scaring me. Keep the clack cameras where they belong on THE MAN -- I'll give you a post-concert testimonial with a Margarita!! I am counting the days. And, I'm looking forward to the reaction of my sister (KB) ... at least I've been advised what to expect from you experienced women -- but I'm intentionally not saying a word to KB. I want her to experience Clay spontaneously. She's never been on any boards and is an original Clay fan from AI. But once we hit those seats, she's on her own, baby. It's MY Clay concert! Woo-Hoo!

experience Clay spontaneously.

keepingfaith....it happens every time....

I totally admit I was watching for the screen cap of Hasselhoff crying again, but I was DENIED.
alliesmom, this CMSU! And belated Happy Birthday!

Well, today is Ms. Carrie's 12th birthday and I don't have a present for her and it's all her fault. She wants everything and has never trimmed that list down to things that cost less than $100 each. (And WORD to couchie's observation about her 'subtle' signs to her catcher yesterday! BWAH! I thought she was going to smack her nose off whenever she was getting ready to throw a change up!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

I just made the mistake of reading over at an old board of mine. They were ranting about Clive's speech, dissecting the coded messages, ranting about how could he dare talk about new music when he MANDATED Clay's album and ruined it, blah, blah, blah. Then they even ranted about Ryan actually saying something nice about Clay (damned if you do, damned if you don't comes to mind...). Made me wish I still posted there just so I could bring over KAndre's brilliant post from the other day and other brilliant and rational posts from here.

Though I suspect they would have gone over their heads. :rolleyes:

What shocks me is the rant was started by someone I had previously thought of as one of the few sane, rational people there and backed up by someone else I once thought sane. I know these two women and they are smart and articulate and they used to at least be balanced in their thinking. Maybe they usually still are, but I hardly ever read over there anymore so I haven't read too many of the recent posts.

Makes me think that by hanging around a lot of people who are insane and irrational you get to be a little insane and irrational too. Makes me very, very glad I am no longer there and am happily ensconced in my little FCA happy bubble! :D

I just don't get why so many in this fandom try so hard to seek out the negative instead of embracing the positive. There seem to be so many unhappy Clay fans. To me that makes no sense. Isn't being a fan of someone supposed to be fun?

Well, they just don't know what they're missing!! :allgood::rainbowsmile: :04:

:worthy: And how did I miss this little guy yesterday??????

And for you tongue lovers out there, from clayfan64000 at the CH..... TongueSloMo4.gif

ETA: I forgot! A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ms. Carrie!!!!

:bday2:

Edited by Claygasm

Well, today is Ms. Carrie's 12th birthday and I don't have a present for her and it's all her fault. She wants everything and has never trimmed that list down to things that cost less than $100 each. (And WORD to couchie's observation about her 'subtle' signs to her catcher yesterday! BWAH! I thought she was going to smack her nose off whenever she was getting ready to throw a change up!)

I thought she was swatting flies. heee. It's my mom's birthday too!!

See, this is why I can't be a minion. The only cheese like substance chip I can eat are Cheetohs.

Play - Proof positive that the record industry is clueless about most things is the Mario experiement. He wasn't even on Idol long enough to make an impact. I honestly don't even think he was an early favorite of the fans that season. And really no matter how popular one is...the momentum of the show creates new moments and favorites. That's why it's important to go as far as possible. And I'm not one of those that believe it's better to come in third, fourth or fifth and not win the title. Yeah every now and then someone will break out but the odds of that happening are considerably greater.

What? Keeingfaith is a virgin?

You know, I saw this slow mo tongue gif quickly this morning at home....and wondered if I wanted to make it my avie....Then CG posted it here and I studied it more thoroughly.

No doubt about it.

I want it.

the gif, too.

You know, I saw this slow mo tongue gif quickly this morning at home....and wondered if I wanted to make it my avie....Then CG posted it here and I studied it more thoroughly.

No doubt about it.

I want it.

the gif, too.

Hee! When I saw it I just knew it had your name all over it! :medium-smiley-070: