# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

For those of you "worried" about the AI6 finale ratings, don't be. I thought this kind of put it in perspective.

Pundits could probably spend hours debating whether or not the recent "Idol" ratings decline indicates a drop in might for the talent juggernaut, but by Thursday afternoon, FOX had put out a release containing the following pieces of information: The "American Idol" Tuesday and Wednesday shows ended the 2006-07 series as the No. 1 and No. 2 programs on television in total viewers, adults 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54, teens and all key female demos. This was the fourth straight season that "Idol" installments have ranked in the top two positions among adults 18-49, the longest run at No. 1 for any program in the demo in 20 years. FOX also added a number of racial and economic demographics dominated by "Idol" this season, but we're sure you get the point.

But I have to say, I did get some kind of perverse pleasure reading this:

While those numbers dominated the night and added an extra bit of relish to FOX's already preordained May sweeps victory, they were still off rather dramatically from last season's "American Idol" finale. When Taylor Hicks topped Katharine McPhee, the two-hour show averaged 36.4 million viewers and delivered a 14.2 rating in the 18-49 demo. FOX claimed last year's finale was the network's most-watched night of entertainment programming ever, though it wasn't even the most viewed "Idol" finale ever. The 2003 showdown between Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken was broken into an hour-long pre-show and an hour-long finale, with that second hour drawing 38 million viewers and a 16.2 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Zap2It

ETA: I know its early buy I had to look this up for someone today and I thought it would be a good thing to post since before we know it, many of us will be boarding planes to go do Clay! Summer travel is always busy and lines will be long so please get to know what you can and cannot take on board with you before you go. Here is the site to check: TSA Regulations

Edited by Claygasm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MS CARRIE!!

:00003653: :balloons: :fest09: :partygirl::partytime::hugs-1:

Muski- how about some itunes gift certifs? Easy to buy, easy to use!!

(or an ipod if she doesn't have one!)

Trying to think of something Clay-related to add........ hmmmmmm.......

how about this??

falling-new.jpg

and this:

:wub::wub::wub:

OMG...that YouTube is unreal, cha cha! And I'm trying to remember which concert it was where he lost it singing TITN...he's wearing the barbershop pole stripey jacket and looks as though he's barely keeping his face from crumbling from emotion....

OMG...that YouTube is unreal, cha cha! And I'm trying to remember which concert it was where he lost it singing TITN...he's wearing the barbershop pole stripey jacket and looks as though he's barely keeping his face from crumbling from emotion....

I was trying to figure it out... I know he wore it in Grand Forks...

but I'm not sure if this particular pic is from there...

waldo1.jpg

it's a good one tho!!

:medium-smiley-070:

Edited by cha cha trusty

I don't have anything to add and I'm not all that fond of typing anyway, but I was in my photobucket account a few minutes ago and found a few pretties I'm especially fond of....

I really realy really like this one.

998414672DL.jpg

Love me some Martha...

smilingatmartha.jpg

And a little mic action....

41472936-L.jpg

Gawd. Those pics. There is so much to :hubbahubba: over in that first one, especially. Have I ever said just how much I enjoy Clay sitting on stools?

And the tie....gawd. Makes me just want to finish loosening that sucker and slide it off....unbutton those shirt buttons slowly while nudging his knees further apart as I slip closer to him between them....pull the shirttail out of his pants and then ease my fingers across his bare chest, stomach...around to pull him close and rest my lips on the naked hollow of his throat....

gah

Edited by muskifest

Thank you muchly for the birthday wishes. I know I am a newbie here and I totally appreciate it.

I LOVE Bette Midler with the fire of a million easybake ovens X the diameter of the sun, or something. She is MY idol, next to Clay. And I admit she was subpar on that performance vocally, but gosh darn it, she made Jerry Springer cry. : ) I totally admit I was watching for the screen cap of Hasselhoff crying again, but I was DENIED.

I guess the only observation I have is.... I go to Vegas every year with my neighbors. We vote on shows to go to. They are going to Celine Dion, and I opted out. Too $$$. I am instead attending Spamalot with John O'Hurley and CANNOT wait. OTOH, if it had been Bette? Wild horses could not have kept me from throwing down my retirement fund to get front row seats. She is the equivalent of Clay in my ticket buying frenzy world. Very few have lit my MUST see lights. Those are two of the brightest stars in the constellation. Makes me smile every time I see them.

GO on with yourown badself Vicki Edie and the Harlots!!!! Or something like that. Or as the Divine Miss M quoted the Divine Sophie Tucker... Fuck em if they can't take a yoke.

Hey alliesmom, I'm with you on Bette. And don't forget folks, the woman flew in from Europe on 24 hour notice to make an appearance due to a cancellation of some other big star. And she is over 60! NO ONE, but NO ONE tops the Divine One's concerts , not even Clay. You will piss in your pants with laughter, cry your eyes out , and all those jokes and shticks with the Harlettes are amazing. I strongly recommend anyone to check out a show of hers before passing judgment on one song sung on Idol the other night. Even Pavarotti has shit nights. BTW, her birthday, is December 1! She and Clay are my must sees, too.

I'll get off my soap box. I guess it's cuz I'm a singer and entertainer and get a little irked when there is so much critique of a longstanding great artists' one slip without having ever seen her. Sometimes it's about the soul and the heart and not perfection of technique.

Squishes and hugs to alliesmom! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"I"ll never forget it , y'know, the other day my boyfriend Ernie sent me 2 dozen roses! I sez to my girlfriend, Clementine, well, this means for the next two weeks , I'll be flat on my back with my legs spread wide open!"

Clementine turned to me and asked, "What's the matter, Soph? Ain't ya got no VASE?"

Long live those Sophie Tucker jokes!

KarenEh, that first shot of Clay just took my breath away. He almost has a Gregory Peck quality to him. What a beautiful man.

Okay.....these HAVE to go together!

998414672DL.jpg

And the tie....gawd. Makes me just want to finish loosening that sucker and slide it off....unbutton those shirt buttons slowly while nudging his knees further apart as I slip closer to him between them....pull the shirttail out of his pants and then ease my fingers across his bare chest, stomach...around to pull him close and rest my lips on the naked hollow of his throat....

There, that looks better. Thank you, muski. Thank God, you aren't too lazy to type. Mmmm Hmmmm! That sure did hit the spot.

You know it's been good when you get to the end....stretch your arms over your head, and smile coquettishly at your monitor a la Scarlett O"Hara sans red velvet robe.

Fiddle dee dee....

P.S. I just noticed that if I hit F11, I can gaze upon the picture and read a long at the same time without having to waste my index finger on scrolling up and down. Man, I'm smart today.

ETA: bottlecap, you covered my faves right there. YUM! I don't think I've ever seen hair that's had so much proven potential.

Edited by Karen Eh?

You know...in that Martha Stewart appearance damned if he didn't seem to me like a man who'd just tumbled out of bed right after a tumble IN bed, if you get my drift. His eyes and slow smiles and the way he sang the song...the eyefucks from here to there that hit me from here to THERE...the whole man...he just seemed like a satisfied customer on stage doing his thing while still thinking about how he'd done his thing--and hopefully how his thing had been done TO, too---not too long beforehand....

gah...again.

post ho'ing cause everyone else seems to be stuck in rush hour traiffic or something!!

I was getting nostagic for AI5 Clay, so I decided to do an AI5 Revisted Page!

I miss me some CLAY!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: I guess it took me a long time to write that post!! :allgood:

Edited by cha cha trusty

Happy 3 day weekend. I'm actually home a little early but am about to take my mom out for her fancy birthday dinner. Well as fancy as you can get with a 4 year old and a 7 year old involved. I hope we don't get kicked out of the restaurant. Those Clay pictures are gorgeous. He sure is pretty. I'm partial to snowflake Clay. sigh.

Does it help if I acknowledge that Bette is a great entertainer - she's just never particularly entertained me? One of my sisters was seriously into the Divine Miss M - I just always went 'eh'. And I tend not to cut any performers slack, love them or not.

I do feel sort of bad that for a lot of the younger viewers this will probably be the only impression they get of her...

You know...in that Martha Stewart appearance damned if he didn't seem to me like a man who'd just tumbled out of bed right after a tumble IN bed, if you get my drift. His eyes and slow smiles and the way he sang the song...the eyefucks from here to there that hit me from here to THERE...the whole man...he just seemed like a satisfied customer on stage doing his thing while still thinking about how he'd done his thing--and hopefully how his thing had been done TO, too---not too long beforehand....

gah...again.

Somehow this just seems wrong - what with his being with his Granny and all..... :unsure:

My favorite hair?

LOVED me some Kimmel in September Clay - especially in motion....

smileclay21.gif

LOVED me some Snowflake hair....

unicefsf_11-1.jpg

And I ADORED AMA hair....

7856t.jpg

But, what is there to not LOVE about the BAF Gala hair - and beard!

P1030260_edited-3.jpg

:hubbahubba:

Martha Stewart HAIR? Best Ever!

Martha100606.jpg

Martha Stewart HAIR????

What about that Martha Stewart EYE FUCK????? humina hummina!!

In OT Breaking News.... I just heard on two different magazine shows that Rosie will not be returning to the View - AT ALL.

I wonder who they will pick for another host?

Oh - I almost forgot - did anyone mention that Clay won the Insider Poll for the Favorite-ist Idol Ever?

Edited by cha cha trusty

I just heard on two different magazine shows that Rosie will not be returning to the View - AT ALL.

I wonder who they will pick for another host?

Heard on one of the cable news channels yesterday -- either CNN or MSNBC 'cause I don't watch Fox -- that one of the people filling in on The View until a permanent replacement is named will be Kathy Griffin.

(Please don't shoot the messenger ... or the piano player.)

First things first. This made my day yesterday, and it is totally off topic. I guess the only ones who give a shit about Bush, right now, are the birds. Hope I didn't offend anyone.......:cryingwlaughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCwbKso_MA

ldyjoceyln I wish I could see keepingfaith's reaction to her first concert too, but I will settle for her second impression. Which I have no doubt will be better than the first. The more you do Clay, the better he gets!

Couchie I am so glad we get a three day weekend off. Then only a 4 day work week next week. Yeah, I can get into that. My husband loves Cheetohs, Cheese Doodles, whatever brand doesn't matter to him. He likes the soft puffy ones better than the hard crispy kind.

Happy late birthday to Couchie's mom and to Carrie.

cha cha that montage was awesome. I'm going back for a second look. Glad your site is back up and I like your AI5 revisted. Love that picture you posted of Waldo err, I mean Clay. Then to have it followed up with another Waldo Clay picture by karen, was enough to bring me to the edge. Muski's new avatar and Claygasm's avatar with all the tongue action sent me over. Thank ya, thank ya very much............... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love all the bang pictures. I confess sometimes I miss his spikes. The good spikes, not the Statue Of Liberty spikes. Love that hair gif. He has thick hair. When it's longer, you just want to put your right hand on the back of his neck, grab a handful, pull him forward, and suck face for about an hour.

I love Rosie. Glad she left and I hope their viewership goes waaaaay down. Kathy Griffith is just what they need. Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. They all deserve each other IMHO. I can't stand The View. Sorry. I only watch when Clay is on. Meredith was the only one I could stand and she was smart enough to leave too.

ETA: How inappropriate of me to be lusting over another man when it is my 23rd wedding anniversary...Oops! Good thing hubby doesn't read the boards. We will go to dinner tonight. Now i'm off to lunch to meet a new clay fan.

Edited by Clayzorback

OK I've decided to get off the stick regarding talking to my cousin who works for a major record label in the PR department. I've started a new thread so that any questions you have can be posted there so I'll remember what to ask her. I'm then going to see if she'll come by now and then and just answer questions there. I think any questions in the area of PR, distribution and general record industry questions especially in regards to changes over the past dozen years would be good. Post your questions here:

First things first. This made my day yesterday, and it is totally off topic. I guess the only ones who give a shit about Bush, right now, are the birds. Hope I didn't offend anyone.......:cryingwlaughter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yCwbKso_MA

That was hilarious!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

cha cha that montage was awesome. I'm going back for a second look. Glad your site is back up and I like your AI5 revisted. Love that picture you posted of Waldo err, I mean Clay. Then to have it followed up with another Waldo Clay picture by karen, was enough to bring me to the edge. Muski's new avatar and Claygasm's avatar with all the tongue action sent me over. Thank ya, thank ya very much............... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks clazor! shine in nc makes the bestest montages! I just suggested the song. I saw Richard Marx on Ellen and he sang "Right Here Waiting". Since I 'missed the 80's' - I was knee-deep in babies and toddlers (literally just ask me sometime!) - I had never heard of either the song or the singer! So I rushed to itunes (I LOVE ITUNES!) and bought his latest album. That song was on it. In fact (clearing throat of self-importance here [read: delusional]) I was the one who mentioned Richard Marx when Clay blogged asking what we were listening to, and therefore take credit for his choosing RHW for his album! [/delusional] (and yes I know some of you hate the song, but I love it!)

I love Rosie. Glad she left and I hope their viewership goes waaaaay down. Kathy Griffith is just what they need. Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. They all deserve each other IMHO. I can't stand The View. Sorry. I only watch when Clay is on. Meredith was the only one I could stand and she was smart enough to leave too.
I like Rosie OK when she's not coming across as really bitchy. She's really loud sometimes! I think Kathy Griffin is funny most of the time! She has ceased her comments about Clay, but she really gives it to a lot of other people. But the show definitely suffered when Meredith left. I only watch it occasionally when I know someone fun will be on.

ETA: How inappropriate of me to be lusting over another man when it is my 23rd wedding anniversary...Oops! Good thing hubby doesn't read the boards. We will go to dinner tonight. Now i'm off to lunch to meet a new clay fan.

Speaking of anniversaries - we just had our 32nd (OMG - that's a lot! whodathunkit???) last week, and hubby is pretty good about my fandom. He is almost fan enough to qualify as a ClayDawg! I think I'm pretty lucky.

:rainbowsmile:

:04: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COUCHIE MOM!!

And for you tongue lovers out there, from clayfan64000 at the CH..... TongueSloMo4.gif

GAH!! Just getting caught up after a super-busy week, and saw this delish tongue action. What is it from? When did he do that??

And no surprise that Muski scooped it up as an avi so fast it could make your head spin. Which is what my head does when I see that tongue action.

:medium-smiley-070:

Happy belated birthday to Carrie (ie., muski daughter) and Mom couchie!!

Well, the poll has been closed now, and the winner for the upcoming FCA chats is this Friday and Saturday, June 1 and June 2. Add the dates to your calendar now! Don't worry about forgetting either, I'm sure there will be lots of reminders throughout the week!

Favorite Clay hair? Honestly -- I just can't choose. I think the entire look that impressed me the most lately was the AMA's, but there was so much more than the hair in that appearance. It was the clothes too (loved that outfit, especially when he took off the coat), but more than that -- it was the ATTITUDE. Screw you, Kelly Ripa! Anyway, as I'm sure most of you know already, his hair is his hair, and while some looks make me groan and moan (in both good or bad ways), I just have a hard time criticizing his hair. (Maybe it's because of where I used to hang out, and someone in particular who constantly critiqued the hair....) It's just him to me, and I'm not particularly shallow, I just love the man.

Time to cook the burgers!