Spoiler Threads

Ansamcw

I'm loving all these wonderful, positive recaps. I'm tha-rilled that it went so well!

You know, he always does this to me. Or I do it to myself. Whenever he's going to be on something like this I get all nervous and worry-wart myself sick. Then he pulls it off like a pro (like he is) and I think, What was I worried about? I should learn by now, ya think?

:DoClay:

Edited by Bookwhore

I'm loving all these wonderful, positive recaps. I'm tha-rilled that it went so well!

You know, he always does this to me. Or I do it to myself. Whenever he's going to be on something like this I get all nervous and worry-wart myself sick. Then he pulls it off like a pro (like he is) and I think, What was I worried about? I should learn by now, ya think?

:DoClay:

Yup I have to admit I was a bit worried too. The funny thing is...I wasn't worried when I first heard about this cos I thought this was the best game show for Clay to come on because of the kids. I also knew he would be very good with the questions...But then when I read that some of his own fans didn't think he would do well...suddenly it became more important to me that he did good...and once again, he didn't let us down...

GREAT JOB CLAY!!! I'm so proud of you.

Yep, not worried about the hair at all. I've learned to love it in all it's many stages

(except the fauxhawk...which btw, I believe, was evil :P)

I don't know for "fauxhawk" -- when was that? Obviously "before my time."

Now, see I love the fauxhawk. Since it was only on the website of CAP121's hometown orchestra, I figured he did it just for her. But then it also showed up on a tour tee-shirt, one of my favorites!!

200024439_b771465927_o.jpg

You loved the fauxhawk???? I didn't think anyone loved the fauxhawk!

Remember the profile?? I can't find a bigger version but I think it's in the MOAM CD insert:

274975076.jpg

Now tell me that's not hot!!

Sorry if some of this is repeats... I'm too lazy to go backwards. :lol:

I see Lovethat guy posted lots of answers already. I read some places where they listed the questions, ie how many "e's" in error, what fruit was Gala and Fuji (apples), basically what is 8x8, what animal isn't in an African havanna (brown bear), author of The Christmas Carol, and I just can't remember others. But his answers were great and he was funny and thoughtful with them and yes, he joked with Jeff, but at one point Jeff said, 'Well, Clay, usually I like to run the show, but go ahead...." I don't remember what exactly brought out that response, but Clay was great, both with his answers, and his interactions with the kids (who are smart and darling!) and Jeff's ending comment seemed very sincere, and sure wasn't necessary, but he said it anyway, about admiring what Clay does off the stage even more than his singing (although he did say he admired or appreciated his talent, too), and that Clay was a real quality human being. It was a great compliment!!

And, yes, after the taping, several men gathered round, and he got big hug from Mark Burnett and another man who I didn't recognize. That last hug seemed even more familiar, like they knew each other and were friends. I think all on set were impressed with our Clay!!! I'll look back to see what other questions you asked.

And no, we didn't get to see him coming or going into the studio, as we were in a separate area, and we had to stay for Kellie Pickler's taping after Clay left. But Mary was there and walked out with Clay.

Mary was there.

He answered the the 5th grader question like this. I may not be smarter than a 5th grader but I know when it is time to walk away!! ( paraphase!) He did not get upset when he saw he had the right answer to the $500,000 afterall- we love how gracious and classy he was and how he was appreciative of what the money will do for BAF's kids.

Did we mention he was delightful today??? In every way!!

Questions?

What kind of expression did he have on his face when he had to say"I am not smarter than a fifth grader"

Was it cute, was he laughing, was he smirking??????

This was funny, because they had to retape the ending. I think our boyfriend didn't want to say he wasn't smarter than a 5th grader :hysterical: The first time he said a bunch of other stuff, and then on the retake, he said "I may not be smarter than a 5th grader, but I know when (or am smart enough to know when) to take the $300,000 and run." (slightly paraphrased, but he didn't actually say "I'm not smarter than a 5th grader" in those exact words.

And NO glasses, for those who asked. I don't watch the show, but I think his segment could take the whole hour. Just not sure about how they edit stuff. It took over an hour to tape.

It was just so much fun to see him thinking through questions and talking them through as well. The funniest was when he wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure that 8X8 was 64, so he added it with an imaginary pen on the desk several times before locking in his answer. We thought he had it added up, and then he laughed and started again :giggle:

I'm not a good judge of audience size, but it appeared larger than Kimmel. It was divided into 4-5 sections, so it was kinda hard to tell. But every seat appeared to be filled, and the audience reaction? Well, I think we were ALL Clay fans, so of course it was HUGE. They audience prep guy kept complimenting us on our enthusiasm and said we were great. It was tough, ya know?

Someone asked about his performance compared to Kellie's. Well, you know how you're not supposed to say anything if you can't say anything nice? Well I'll say she was really cute....but also darn lucky to even get $50,000 for her charity. I cannot imagine how they're gonna edit that taping. Let's just say there was no comparison! It was really quite embarrassing, I think, and very challenging for Jeff. He earned his money with her show, I can tell you that.

This is a gareem and lovethatguy joint report:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

A Clay is smart smart smarter than a 5th grader!!

B Clay is smarter than us!

C Ignore the hair report. We liked it , so there!!

D he was so funny. Clay answered the apples question by mentioning he loves peanut butter on apples. Jeff was surprised because they all thought he was allergic to peanuts and he could not even have his usual snickers bar backstage. Clay said, "No, I am allergic to tree nuts and peanuts grow in the ground. Jeff, you should know that- you are from Georgia!! It was playful fun and came across great how Clay teased him.

E When the cute little girl who said " I like you" hugged Clay later, her leg bent up in the back ala Princess Diaries". It was so cute!! She was over the moon.

F Very cute interacting with the kids. Asked them their best subjects and always included them. ( PS he did it all on his own ) but we feel he treated them very special like they were part of it.

G It was great TV- hammed it up thinking out the answers but did not drag it out. He was playful especially with the math question He made a production about the math question. It basically boiled down to how much is 8 * 8 and he had himself psyched and spooked that he started to doubt his answer and even figured it out again adding 8 plus 8 plus 8...... too funny.

H He did not come across as over confident - he came across as very secure with his knowledge. It was clear he knew or reasoned out the answers rather than guessed. Did not seem nervous. Very much in the moment. ( maybe he was cool but gareem and I were jumping out of our skins with every question!! That was tense man!!)

I Mr Christmas got to answer a Christmas related question- We bet that made him happy. Who wrote a Christmas Carol. Hint. It is not Mark Twain!! That was his helper's answer!! So cute. In the next question for the Federalist papers when he was thinking about relying on this kid, , Clay joked with the kid that he was " Mark Twain answer kind of freaked him out". Again, big laughs.

J The two little girls wanted to show Clay their super complicated, elaborate "patty cake" routine. He was so sweet to watch and thanked and hugged each of them. Clearly they enjoyed him.

K There was a mutual respect between Jeff and Clay- that was good to see. Two "suit types" clearly sought Clay out at the end of his segment- we were told it was the producer and the executive preducer. They did not come out after Kellie.

L He turned and waved to the fans several times. We had signs just like American Idol that the staff handed out. yippee.

We think anyone seeing this will be impressed and entertained and come away with a good impression of our guy!

:clap: Clay :clap:

I'm so excited reading all the recaps from the show!! Yay Clay!!!

He is just the bestest boyfriend there is - never disappoints me and gets me going in places he shouldn't but I'm lovin it!!

:DoClay: No doubt!!! Hee!!!

Keep those recaps coming - there must be more details!!

Love the 'suits' lovin them some Clay Aiken!!! Woo Hoo!!

So...how long would Couchie's flight home be?

It's a good thing I was so busy at work today and not biting my nails, rending my garments and gnashing my teeth at home by the the computer. I don't know what I would have done.

:704::kos: :bigemo_harabe_net-24: ::scream::cry4::smokelots::afteryou:

Not a toothy, stiff bang in sight!

Story of my life.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

<-------------- I'm bedazzled by those eyes! :wub:

Thanks Claygasm for finding it for me. :bier:

You are vey welcomed. Now you have to post often so we can all look into those eyes!

Yep, not worried about the hair at all. I've learned to love it in all it's many stages

(except the fauxhawk...which btw, I believe, was evil :P)

I don't know for "fauxhawk" -- when was that? Obviously "before my time."

Now, see I love the fauxhawk. Since it was only on the website of CAP121's hometown orchestra, I figured he did it just for her. But then it also showed up on a tour tee-shirt, one of my favorites!!

200024439_b771465927_o.jpg

You loved the fauxhawk???? I didn't think anyone loved the fauxhawk!

Remember the profile?? I can't find a bigger version but I think it's in the MOAM CD insert:

274975076.jpg

Now tell me that's not hot!!

That second picture..... As long as I don't look at the hair, its hot. The look on his face is HOT!! Hot enough for me to ignore the hair!

Still worried about those bangs stiffened with snot..........

That second picture..... As long as I don't look at the hair, its hot. The look on his face is HOT!! Hot enough for me to ignore the hair!

Still worried about those bangs stiffened with snot..........

BWAHHHH

Uhm, any other reports of "stiffened" sightings?

I'll bet you don't know what OFTLOCAGC is either then. Heh.

Oooh! Ooooh! I know I know!PickMe-1.gifPickMe-1.gifPickMe-1.gif

Oh...somebody already told you. Rats.smartass.gif

And a BWAH to the Nth power, YSRN!

(YSRN @ Aug 28 2007, 08:55 PM)

Not a toothy, stiff bang in sight!

Story of my life.

And yes.gif I am SOOOOOO tickled at Clay and his smartass.gif self! Cannot WAIT to watch the show....I KNEW he'd slay 'em....although I was still nervous for him. Silly moi.

He's soooo dweamy....he makes me smile and feel all happy and whatnot...people-snoopy4.gif

Am I the only one who is never nervous for Clay???

The only thing I ever get nervous about is how his hair will look!

And after seeing those faux hawk pictures, I have good reason!!

Oooooooo!!! I see couchie down there!!! Spill, couchie!! Spill!!!