#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

That would probably be the first Clay tour I miss, not a fan of Ruben or Kim and I think this would be a step backward for Clay.

Kim

I can understand the sentiment if you do not like Ruben and Kim's singing...but I say don't be too hasty. I will not turn down anything Clay cos he always brings in great value for your money. Then the great chemistry between the three...will be great to see...

But ... I don;t see anything thats really certain...

ANY kind of tour that puts Clay on stage in front of me is all good. Since they will be on AI Rewind, this might be good. He could do it in the spring before his new CD tour. At any rate, I trust Clay to look out for his career, and I'll look out for tickets to whatever he decides on.

I think this is what she is talking about:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/purr62/Reunited.jpg

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!

there - that was subtle :)

I figured there would be some coat-tail riding attempts somewhere but I just can't imagine TC thinking this is a good thing. I'm going to take some really, really, really deep breaths and hope this is dreck tthat will just.go.away.

Ansa - my reaction is based solely on the fact that I'm not a big KL fan and I see this, keeping in mind that I've dwelled on it for all of about 5 minutes *g, as a coat-tail thing - a "how can using Clay help my career", which probably isn't fair, but it's my gut reaction. I'm probably being a selfish Clay fan here - but he's the huge star - not them - bring them along on YOUR tour Clay, if you want. But equal billing - no.freakin.way.

Of course, JMHO :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Not to mention bringing up the whole anomoly thing again and fan wars...sorry, but this just really depresses me.

Kim

I remember the thrill people had of seeing bits of Clay in the Ai tour. And some flying all over the country then.

The reason I mnot thrilled with this is twofold. -

If it was true, I don't think Kim wold be the person to release this information, it would have to be agroup announcement - right now, there is some real Kim hate growing out there an it is ugly - what else is new.

The second reason is that I need to get a life sooner than I thought. I cannot spend days on computer boards - maybe this is a good time to remodel the kitchen.

ETA corrrected spelling, damned laptop, balancing on my lap.

Edited by playbiller

With Clay as a headliner with special guests might work but I would not like 1/3 of a concert.

But I liked Clay in 1/8th of a concert, known as the AI tour, and I actually enjoyed most of the rest of the show too.

I'll wait until we get more information too, though, but I think I'll pick up some Kevlar armor tomorrow just in case.

Not to mention bringing up the whole anomoly thing again and fan wars...sorry, but this just really depresses me.

Kim

I wouldn't get depressed over a long shot idea. I look at it like this - Clay is hesistant to tour without new material. If he doesn't have a new album until fall a special event might be the way to go. I just don't really see it as feasible so am not going to take this seriously. I think there will be a lot of stories over the next few months whipping up interest in these three as a story - after all they were a great story for 2003. For right now, I see it as nothing more than that.

As for coat tail rider. Funny, I just mentioned in my post that I want Clay to coat tail ride somebody else's radio success. I personally feel it will be the best way to jumpstart his radio career. If that ever happens he'll get that label from some, but don't really care. I really think it's a smart thing to do. Clay and Aguilara.. .. crosses fingers and prays really hard. Aren't they on the same label?

I hope Kim can come out of this little article unscathed, but I doubt it.

Who would you like Clay to duet with if you could have your choice of anyone?

Kim

I don't know...I think this will be up to the fans but I think it won't be as bad cos I don;t see Ruben with a big passionate fanbase anymore. This won't be like the last time they were together cos Clay clearly has the upper hand now.

I see this as three good friends doing something fun and three great voices coming together.

Sorry for those that are getting upset about this...but remember...even if it happens...this is just one tour. There will be others with more Clay.

eta: oh yeah ...top of the page again...bring it AAAWWWNNNN.

But I liked Clay in 1/8th of a concert, known as the AI tour

But, but, that was when we first knew him. You can never have enough Clay Aiken and now I've had all of him I don't want to share!

I thought things were going too good in the ClayNation and there was not enough angst!

Edited by merrieeee

Hee!!! So I didn't even check to see what I posted by accident when I meant to post the Cluben/locke piece - I bet it was the Pala youtube I sent to my sister! :lol:

Anyhoo! All hell has broken loose and personally, I find it freaking funny!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I wouldn't miss the three of them for the world!!!

It sure wouldn't have been my choice of what he does but since he doesn't check with me, IF it comes to pass, I'll have to figure it's something HE wants to do and more power to him!

As soon as I read the article, my first thought was "Holy CRAP!!! The shit is going to hit the proverbial fun" - well, it took all of a few seconds!!! Hee!

But, but, that was when we first knew him. You can never have enough Clay Aiken and now I've had all of him I don't want to share!

I thought things were going too good in the ClayNation and there was not enough angst!

but its not like this is the only chance we will have Clay in one given year. Just like the skating thing...that won't be all Clay ...more skaters there...and yet we are just happy to have him. The same with the Neil Sedaka performance.

If this is the only chance we can have clay ever and we have to share I will feel the same way....but it isn't. To me this is just another chance to see Clay.

Clay Acres? You actually wrote something called Clay Acres Muski? Link?

Yes she did - and it was H.O.T.!

Muski - is it anywhere? I know the site it was first posted on is no more.

A Clay, Kim, Ruben tour? Man, between that and DAUGHTRY!!!! on PBS (and he was on "Nightline" last week...) and being promoted internationally, I don't think I will leave here! YIKES!!! I can see the brain matter splattering as we speak!

I don't see this happening as a tour tour. As something in conjunction with AI Rewind or the 5th anniversry of that season, as a one time event, or a very limited tour, maybe. But I don't see it as a regular tour. I can't see Clay doing something like that in a year where he hopes to release his new album. I could see it as a fund raiser of some sort, though. Perhaps a series of concerts to raise money for various foundations and charities? That I could see. Maybe even leading into an "Idol Gives Back II"?

But as a stand alone tour like the IT - I just do not see it. I would actually love to see it on TV or go to one show because I like Ruben a lot and I like Kim and I loved their medleys and I also think Ruben and Clay sing the very best duets ever.

The idea of this doesn't upset me because I just do not think it will happen as a regular tour. I hate that it may stir up "the anomoly" again. I was never part of that because I liked Ruben a lot and at the time AI2 ended I didn't care that much who won. I was rooting for Clay but wasn't upset he didn't win. I was happy for Ruben. I thought - and still do - it was a fair contest and the result was fair. But I know there are members of this fandom who still believe it was rigged and was just conspiracy #1 (no wait, maybe not #1 - there was the Vincent thing and I am sure more I just don't remember because I think all those conspiracy theories are crap!). This will just serve to stir that turd again. That is what I don't look forward to IF this happens.

But I do not see this happening as a stand alone tour. It just doesn't make sense on any level. As a fundraiser, a limited engagement type thing or something in conjunction with this season of AI or AI Rewind, sure. But that's it.

Anyhoo! All hell has broken loose and personally, I find it freaking funny!!! :cryingwlaughter:

It sure wouldn't have been my choice of what he does but since he doesn't check with me, IF it comes to pass, I'll have to figure it's something HE wants to do and more power to him!

As soon as I read the article, my first thought was "Holy CRAP!!! The shit is going to hit the proverbial fun" - well, it took all of a few seconds!!! Hee!

You are me. :lol:

I adore KLo and the Cluben. Sign me up.

God, I hope people don't trash them, but I bet it's too late for that.

hey no trashing here...there is equal opportunity mourning and celebrating. I am just happy to see that I am not alone in loving this idea. ITA CG...this can't be a regular tour...more like a few engagements and won't replace Clay's solo tour for his next CD....TPTB likes money too much.

eta: ooops I see you meant no trashing Ruben and Kim...I still say not on this board..one can say you do not like them but no bashing please...

Too late, Twin. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late!

I still think it would be a fun concert. They all love each other. They all sing purdy. They would have fun. How bad could that be?

And, maybe this important point has been overlooked, if this does happen it would be BECAUSE THEY WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!! And that means Clay too!

Or will this be passed off as just one more of Clive's evil plots to destroy Clay's career???

Ansa I am not going to the skating thing and I don't go to galas etc. It is too much for a little Clay time. I unfortunately do not have unlimited resources and I would prefer to spend my money on seeing an all Clay tour.

Too late, Twin. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late!

I still think it would be a fun concert. They all love each other. They all sing purdy. They would have fun. How bad could that be?

And, maybe this important point has been overlooked, if this does happen it would be BECAUSE THEY WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!! And that means Clay too!

Or will this be passed off as just one more of Clive's evil plots to destroy Clay's career???

oh god please don't give people ideas...

but I really hope Kim does not feel the wrath of some clay fans for daring to talk about such a plan...

Clay loves them so I hope people keep that in mind.

Ansa I am not going to the skating thing and I don't go to galas etc. It is too much for a little Clay time. I unfortunately do not have unlimited resources and I would prefer to spend my money on seeing an all Clay tour.

That does make sense. I can see not traveling and doing the usual crazy tour stuff for this. But would you miss it if it was in your back yard?

BTW...I recognize everyones right not to like this idea or not to want to go to this tour...its just that time and time again...when a radical idea is presented to the fans there are a lot of people that will hate it at first and will say they won't go...but then in the end Clay changes their mind and they go and have a great time. I do hope that this becomes one of those times again...and that what looked like a bad idea will turn into a great time for all....That is IF it does happen.

That does make sense. I can see not traveling and doing the usual crazy tour stuff for this. But would you miss it if it was in your back yard?

And if Clay sang a combined say 1 1/2 hours and introduced a couple of new songs, would that not be worth it? Just wondering. I really don't think it will happen.

I also think if clay's album doesn't come out until the fall then I'd rather see him in this, than not seeing him at all.

heee..but still sounds unlikely. But I said the same thing when I heard rumours of IT :cryingwlaughter:

Bottle Quick = we need pretty pictures. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I can understand the sentiment if you do not like Ruben and Kim's singing...but I say don't be too hasty. I will not turn down anything Clay cos he always brings in great value for your money. Then the great chemistry between the three...will be great to see...

Never saw the chemistry between the three myself. I definitely did between Clay and Ruben and I would love to see these two together - flove! The 2003 hype was Clay and Ruben - I don't remember the end of the year articles, TV 'top of the year' shows and other specials mentioned much about anyone else.

But no need for me to polish my Clay sword and badge of honor *g* - I'm chilling. I know better than to get all cranked about something that may or may not even happen - life in ClayLand in 4 years has taught me that. I have to agree with Play too, that it seems the way this was put out there doesn't quite make sense. If it were to happen, it seems the planned P/R would be big to capitalize on the 5 year mark.

Will I go if it happens and it's nearby? Well, hell yes - this is Clay people! What do you think? I'll never pass up a chance to see him! We can't choose our neighbors and we can't choose who Clay tours with - as much as we'd like to :)

No angst from me - I've ranted, now I'm done. Just going to sit tight and see what happens - with Clay and with ClayNation - just too much fun to ignore :giantpopcorn:

LAwd, lawd....a woman goes out to take a little walk with the dog, comes back to

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! BWAH!

I'm sorry, but this CMSU! I'm gonna go on a safari....gonna surf the boards for some amusement....see ya later, folks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

LAwd, lawd....a woman goes out to take a little walk with the dog, comes back to

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! BWAH!

I'm sorry, but this CMSU! I'm gonna go on a safari....gonna surf the boards for some amusement....see ya later, folks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Oh God! I was so wishing there was some Clay news to cheer me up after DS2 went home!

BWAH!!!! :cryingwlaughter: