#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Gala UM... bestest version eveh! :Thud:

Gala Clay... yummy to the max! :Thud::Thud::Thud:

I play that whole three songs over and over on video and audio in my car. Really Good Stuff!!!

I have listened to whole shows (thanks deborah for audios of the shows), but never watched the clack of some of the songs. I've watched all the banter and all the classics. I went to the SoCal-4fer and the clack didn't ruin anything for me. I am so thrilled to be seeing it live that I could care less what he did in other shows. I do that when I watch it in clack later. I am soooo glad to have been in Pala in person. Best show of the 4fer IMO.

I am so thankful for the clack. I went to Indio, but I was sooo tired by then that I didn't enjoy the show as much as I do now that I have seen the clack... it was a good show! :cryingwlaughter:

When this tour was first announced (amid much jubilation from the Claynation who had been clamoring for a summer tour since January); there was a lot of concern that concert was going to be slow and boring and that Clay was going to be the next Andy Williams. He had to tour with ATDW since that was his most ccurrent CD, but even he knew that they were mostly slow songs; not the get-up-on-your-feet and dance type of songs. So he came up with the TV Medleys, The Classics and TYYMMF; all designed to include the audience in the show and break up the monotony of the slow songs. I think it worked very well. I loved them all! Given what he had to work with I think he did a great job.

Kim

The thing I see with Clay doing a "get-up-on-your-feet and dance" type of tour is that the fandom I see at the concerts is NOT a "get-up-on-your-feet and dance" type of audience, so I sorta don't see the point. I've been at enough concerts with those who whined about Clay doing all those slo-o-o-o-o-w crappy songs to notice when Clay did do uptempo it's not like they actually moved their asses then...

I guess I'm a little bitchy this a.m. too...

I want bacon.

Aww, don't be hating on the demos. God, I love them, including UM. But my absolute FAVOURITE version is the David Foster gala version. Seriously, if you haven't listened to it (no video, just use your ears) go back and do it now. It is fabulous.

Let me second that. I love the demos, but the Gala version is absolute favorite version too. I have it on my iPod. My mother loves it too. I also love JBT live with all the vocal drama, my favorite being Toledo.

I can certainly understand why someone didn't like Wolftrap for example, and if I had been there maybe I wouldn't have either - oh but the clack of it cracks me the hell up.

Loved Wolftrap, loved!!

We did get MOAM, EIH, LAA, WY, as Cindi said . That's 4 songs he seriously sang out of the whole concert and I'm glad for that.

What about HYCA? I don't recall him ever joking on that one, but the fans did scream a lot. He didn't do ETYGA at your venue? I know he played around with that one, but usually only after the song was over, and only at later venues. IWTKWLI--he did put a little joke in at the beginning, and sometimes fooled around at the end, but he did sing a lot of that seriously. BYLM--he never fooled around on that song, did he?

Did he ever fool around at your venue on ATD? Did he fool around on WISYS too? I don't think he ever fooled around on Sorry, did he? But maybe that hadn't been added in yet. TOA was always done seriously, wasn't it, or was your concert just non-stop yucks?

At minimum I'm counting HYCA, EIH, IWYTKWLI, ETYGA, WISYS, TOA, WY, MOAM, ATD, LAA, and BYLM, if you were at Tulsa, because he hadn't started the goofing off on IWTKWLI or ETYGA had he? I'll skip the duet and give you 10.

Towards the end of the tour, he was doing HYCA and EIH straight, RHW, WISYS with only rare goofing off, ATD, Sorry, MOAM and WY in a very serious little grouping from the stool of seriousness, then back there for LAA and a serious standing BYLM at the end. That's 10 songs.

So please tell me what in the world he did to mess up six other songs at your venue such that only MOAM, EIH, LAA, WY were "serious"??? I don't remember accounts of any concert being that funny or crazy.

I appreciate you don't like the funny or the medleys and I do, so we're different, so I liked my concerts better than you did your one--but 4 songs?? I just don't get that. Even at the goofiest concerts I went to we got at least 10 songs done straight with no laughs at all.

Well excuuuuuuuse me. I stand corrected. I didn't go back and rewatch my Tulsa concert. I didn't go and rewatch any of it hardly. I just took Cindilu's post of how many songs she said he sang straight up and counted 4. Thank you for correcting me. I won't bring it up again. Sorry

I said I enjoyed my concert. I am glad you and others enjoyed yours.

He tries to put a little something in there for everyone.

This is soooooo wrong on a very important level.... :cryingwlaughter: , jmh, but I know what you're saying. It's only my warped bizarro smut-infected unique mind that makes it what it wasn't supposed to be. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Off for a double header softball game! Carrie's tournament team has such a blast playing together that they decided to join a fall softball league nearby---double headers each Sunday for a while! Woo Hoo! (and whew! now I don't have to feel guilty about not doing things on my 'to do' list on Sundays... :rolleyes: )

This tour in particular has soooooo much CLACK from it that I find myself first dowloading like an automotan and then realizing I don't really WANT to watch all of it. I mean, I'd go nuts trying to watch 10 different versions of each song from each concert :scream: And I agree with JennaZ (gee, there's a news flash..heh) that NOT seeing so much and so many 'better' and 'worse' performances helps me understand the NJU responses to the concerts better.

Example: The two women who'd planned to go to the Greek with me and see Clay LIVE for the first time couldn't do it after all. Now I've told them that when I get "THE BEST" dvd of a concert I'm gonna have them over to the house to watch it on the television monitor. They both EEEEEEEEEE'd appropriately.

Now I find that I'm frozen trying to figure out which song from which concert would be the VERY VERY best, you know? OMG! Do I just find a dvd of a single entire concert and take the 'good with the bad' or do I try to find a "Best of" dvd of the whole tour? And if I do that, what about the banter? OMG! What do I do? post-98-1158235369.gif

But really....if I stop and think (gee, there's a news flash...heh), I KNOW that they're going to be totally blown away, no matter what I end up showing them. Can you imagine? Their VERY FIRST CLAY CONCERT! One of the women is definitely a smutter about Clay, like I am, along with someone totally in love with the voice. The other woman is less 'acquainted' with the...er....things...about Clay that bring OUT the smutter in me and is soooooo into his voice and thinks he's just soooooo "cute"...

Obviously, I haven't spent enough much time with that lady. :whistling-1:

Oh, Couchie.....gonna add my "creaking springs, slamming headboard" emoticon you slapped my hand for the other day? :lmaosmiley-1:

Edited by muskifest

When I say "rockin", compared to JBT and Clay's other tours, SRHP, was not really a rockin tour. And I do think, because JBT was the last summer tour Clay did, that some fans were comparing the two and I just don't think you can. I don't think he will ever have a tour to compare with the JBT and if there were some fans who were expecting JBT 2, than yes, I can see how they would be disappointed. SRHP did have its rockin" moments, but nothing to compare to previous tours.

Kim

just saw this on someone's smugmug account:

your preferred size: S · M · L · O

What a waste of words! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, and play....that cartoon you posted about the dog buying something from an adult dog shop, CMSU big time! :cryingwlaughter::clap:

Now it's time to

PLAY BALL!

well, actually....I'll only be sitting on my fat ass watching it, but still....... :blush:

Hmm, interesting idea for a poll - do the people who watch a lot of clack, listen to clay mostly on thier ipod - are they more critical than people who watch less clack (me) and listen to clay when we get around to playing music (me) rather than every day.

I don't necessarily watch a lot of clack...I listen to a lot of clack, I watch what I can when I can. I never stay unspoiled, though, and I've never been to a first show. Yet I'm probably one of the most uncritical people alive. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't know what's so hard about touring with ATDW. All he had to do was add some fast songs in the mix and guala, a tour. He sang just as many slow songs on NAT. I think doing a symphony instead of a band gave him his problem and thus he came up with unique ways to add some fun. But that was a choice he made and not the only choice to be made. I love seeing how he thinks and how his mind works and watching him express himself artistically and I love what he came up with. I think it really worked. The guys really enjoyed it seems as well. But he could have just as well done a regular type of tour substituting the Solitaires and Moam's with the Here You Come Agains and the Because You loved Mes.

I never saw the problem with touring ATDW, either. I wonder if he'd already come up with the idea of the medleys before he read all the whiny-assed posts bitching about b-o-o-o-o-r-i-n-g, s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w songs or if that had some effect on his planning. Hee, JMO and all that. :P I have always said (vertigo aside) that we'd never see a tour where Clay just sat on a stool and sang. Regardless of the genre of the music, the man is just too hyper! ;)

We intense like folks need to learn not to express our disappointment during the show where people who have never heard before can just make their own judgements. I mean, even if Clay is not 100% he still sounds great. And every night won't be perfect but he still gives it his all. But a lot of times he seems to be judged against the most perfect peice of clack ever. Not fair.

ITA. Unfortunately I don't think this phenonmenon is limited to live at the concert, either. There is generally a lot of criticism posted around the boards that some fans will pick on prior to attending their first show, as well. I know, I know, people have the right to criticize. Well then, I guess have the right not to like it. :RedGuy:

I listen to Clay on my ipod a lot and I have no contempt for him due to my familiarity. hee. Bottom line is that I dont' seek perfection at a Clay concert - that should be on the recorded version. His voice can't be 100% every night..the thrill of a live performance has more to do with his presence, my heart pounding heee, and just the exitement in the air. I went to 4 shows this summer and I'm just not one that can rate them by voice. It's the entire experience and that's easy..indio, pala, LA, san diego..and even San Diego was fantastic.

This is how I feel, too. Like I said before, each show is unique, and special in it's own way (and for me it has zip to do with his voice being perfect each night). Although I think his voice, even when he's sick, is better than 99% of the performers out there, anyways!

OK, carpets done, stairs and couches still to be cleaned......what the heck, it's a rainy Sunday here, and 2/3rd's of the kids aren't here. Dog is out, too. Yeehaw! :imgtongue:

ETA, to go back a few pages......can't stand Michael Buble. Hearing him, or Josh Groban, or freaking Rod Stewart, is enough to make me change the station on the radio. Ditto for K e lly Clarkson. It's not so much that I don't think they are talented (ok, maybe not Rod so much anymore, but he was good in his day) but that the radio is just so saturated with their stuff, and it pisses me off. Heh, last night my son and I were stuck on the highway in some construction, and we were listening to an oldies show out of Toronto. Every second song seemed to be a Clay reference to me, in some shape or form. And then didn't the orginal version of Right Here Waiting come on? I never said a word, but my son suddenly says "man, this sucks! Where are the violins? Where's the guitar solo? And why doesn't he hit those notes?" BWAH HA HA HA.

Edited by luckiest1

I will fess up and say I watch very little clack...I think I watched one performance of the "not cool" medley and that was it...I don't have it downloaded, I don't have a back up hard drive and I don't save all pictures. I try to listen to the cellstream but have been known to shut it off when all I hear is "mumblemumbleHAHAHAHAHAHAmumblemumble".

I still consider myself to be a diehard Clay fan...I guess I'm just not invested enough to watch the same thing 25 times.

:lilredani:

So, I have been listening to every version of HYCA for the recommendation list.

I am about finished, but one thing keeps holding me up. The piece I think is the best musically has some loud talk dead center, and, and this is more to the point, Clay hits a less than perfect note near the end. His voice wobbles a wee bit compared to other versions. Now, I'm probably going to leave this as an honorable mention, but more for the talk in the middle than Clay's voice. It was one note. If I didn't have all the others to compare to I might not have even questioned it....but the recommendations are for 'the best.' What an impossible task that is. I never realized how many different ways he sang that opening number. Even with my listening to the stream for most of the concerts, it didn't register. Unless I was in the position to do just what I'm doing now, going over piece after piece of the same Clack, I wouldn't have dreamed of the differences. So what constitutes better? The long note on 'go'? The version closest to the CD track? What?

It has to be personal preference and attachment. If it was 'your concert' there is more of a connection. On the other hand, because we do go over a lot of Clack, and we see everything, there can be an emotional attachment to a song no matter what the quality. Think of Quiana's WTLGD sitting on Clay's lap. Probably not the 'best version' because of the chuckles at the start, but when I hear the laughter I think of how cute and sweet that whole thing was. So, that would probably be my favorite.

Now I will shut up because I think I'm rambling... :RedGuy:

Hee, laughn, I understand your dilemma. It comes down to what makes it the best to you. Whether that be perfect vocals, or less audience distraction, or, as you say, a performance that has sentimental value. I try to pick a bit of everything, and rank them 1 - 5, and give a small explanation as to why I chose that particular piece of audio. And then people who are making up their 'best of' collection of audio can choose the one that most closely matches what they are looking for.

Hope this helps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by luckiest1

Whew! I was so relieved to see Couchie's post that we didn't have to put pictures in the photo thread. That's one of my favorite aspects of this board....we can be going along having a fairly intelligent discussion and then in the middle of it all, up pops a devastatingly gorgous picture of Clay and we all get distracted for a few minutes hours. I'm too lazy to actually click over to another thread to see pictures.

About the concert schtick...I'm in the same boat as many of you who've said they like the spontaneous humor, but not the canned skits. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that sometimes (like SD) they seemed too forced. But I love when his razor wit seizes something from the moment and he turns on a dime to make the most of it. I love slapstick, goofy Clay, but I also love the sexy-voiced singer.

AI 'moment' for me was definitely Solitaire. I watched and enjoyed before that but always with the thought, "Oooo he's sooo sweet and has a fabulous voice." Never seriously had a lustful thought in my head. Then I saw Solitaire and I was immediately :DoClay: . I'm pretty sure it was a result of the multiple eye f*#@* he gave me that night. Did anyone else notice those? :whistling-1:

I'm so with you, Jamar, the frickin' frackin' media should have given the same attention to the dismissal of the lawsuit that they gave the initial filing of it. Asshats.

OK, back to catching up. Gotta see what subject y'all on are now.

I'm so easy when it comes to Clay. I've loved every concert--for special and different reasons. I have to say that when I'm downloading Clack, I do all the banter first and don't listen to most of the songs after the first concert because I KNOW the songs, but the banter is always so much fun. I can understand why Clay has some canned routines. First, he needs to plan the pacing of the show and can't just depend on making everything up as he goes. That could be disastrous--but what I REALLY like is that Clay does continue to change things up, add things, take things away, find what works and what doesn't--the mark of a true professional. I love to laugh--and Clay is a master comedian. I love it that the people on stage with him act like a big family and tease and joke with each other. I hope he always feels free to show this side. Lots of singers just come out and sing. (Remember IT when Kelly just announced the name of each song before singing it!!)

It's so funny to see different perspectives in action. My first shows were in the Northeast, starting with Philly. Made the California shows, and headed to NC next. One of my friends who actually lives in Raleigh was clackless and unable to attend prior shows. Our first show was a lawn seat in Cary with NO jumbotron. She was in heaven. Thought it was the greatest show EVAH...enjoyed every single minute. I just let her enjoy herself and made no comparisons to any other shows.

At the end of the concert, we met up with some friends who had reserved seats and they told her how it could not be in the same category as other shows, etc. She was perplexed. I then told her I agreed, and we were gong to several more together so she would understand then.

She went absolutely nuts in Asheville. The energy difference was so obvious, the music was so much better, everything was wonderful. She understood at that point. Then we went to Knoxville and she had a great close seat and was over the moon. That was the end of her shows, and I went on to the Fla four.

I loved all of my shows for different reasons, and she loved all of her's. Thing is, had she been a NJU sitting on the Cary lawn, I think she would have thought it was a GREAT show. And that's what really matters.

Like many above have said, I think we do tend to go into clack overload so we become more nitpicky than other fan groups. For that, I am sad because clack is a great gift to us. I love each and every bit of it. But when I see montages of every show with the same bit of schtick, running one after another, I find that it lessens my enjoyment. I love the banter clack like Scruffy's from each show, because I tend to watch them on occasion, not running one into another.

Anyway, I just love the guy, can't get enough, and am counting the days until Sedaka, Las Vegas and Christmas shows.

I can certainly understand why someone didn't like Wolftrap for example, and if I had been there maybe I wouldn't have either - oh but the clack of it cracks me the hell up.

I was at Wolf Trap and loved it, probably because it was so spontaneous. I can imagine, though, that I might have felt differently if it were my only concert of the tour.

I must be losing more brain cells than I realized. What happened in Wolftrap?

It has to be personal preference and attachment. If it was 'your concert' there is more of a connection. On the other hand, because we do go over a lot of Clack, and we see everything, there can be an emotional attachment to a song no matter what the quality. Think of Quiana's WTLGD sitting on Clay's lap. Probably not the 'best version' because of the chuckles at the start, but when I hear the laughter I think of how cute and sweet that whole thing was. So, that would probably be my favorite.

I agree about the attachment. Before the NAT, I had dreams of Clay singing STO. It has been and continues to be one of my favorite songs he's ever sung despite the fact that it's a demo and he sounds so young and different. He debuted the song on the NAT in Lexington, my first show. I flipped the crap out. I'm not so much a screamin', jumpin' gal, but I turned into one when I recognized the opening notes. He dropped the mic and sang the lyrics out of order and left a bunch of them out, but that is still my favorite performance of that song from the whole tour.

Well excuuuuuuuse me. I stand corrected.

Sorry again--did you get to the part where I apologized and said I was grumpy yet?? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh fuck, so now I'm being punished by being on top. YAY, I'm on top, being on top is cool. I'd like to be on top of Clay.

Edited by jmh123

This tour in particular has soooooo much CLACK from it that I find myself first dowloading like an automotan and then realizing I don't really WANT to watch all of it. I mean, I'd go nuts trying to watch 10 different versions of each song from each concert :scream:

I used to be so bad about this, too. This tour I did much better and only d/l'd a couple of things before I went to Tulsa. Between Tulsa and Cailf. I only watched something that was getting a lot of attention on the boards. And I did listen to the cellstream almost every night. Since I've been back from Calif? Nada. I've watched nothing. Oops! I lied. i just remembered I downloaded the bug banter, the Clay takes Clack and the Boo banter and the final BYLM. An obvious indication that I've downloaded too much, if I can't even remember doing it. Downloaded all of SD and most of Pala, but haven't watched it yet. I can't imagine that I'll ever make it to a concert a complete 'virgin' - although I'd like to try it. Just to see if it does have an effect on my enjoyment.

Play I don't listen to Clay on my iPod. It's full of anything and everything between 1950 and 2007, but there's only 2 Clay songs on there...LAA and IYDKMBN. I tend to listen to him mostly on the computer, and on CD's in the car.

Edited by Bookwhore

Why is this board full of reasonable people who only watch a little bit of clack? Now I'm the only hardcore clackhead on the board! Demmit! If I see you people heading toward me with a camera and some dude telling y'all just "love me and want what's best for me", I'm hauling ass with my clack stash.

I watch everything at least once - start winnowing out my favorites - then watch those over and over and over and over again.

But then again, I feel like I am at the perfect level of criticism.

I found some bacon and am now happy.

Well excuuuuuuuse me. I stand corrected.

Sorry again--did you get to the part where I apologized and said I was grumpy yet?? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh fuck, so now I'm being punished by being on top. YAY, I'm on top, being on top is cool. I'd like to be on top of Clay.

jmh, on top is nice. Just pretend you are on top of Clay and all those grumps will go away, replaced by grunts which are way better than grumps. Know what I mean? :angry2::blush:

EEK there is no IWTKWLI for Columbus, no audio, no video, no nothing.

But I've caught up with Jamar. I now have my song all downloaded.

And if there is a newbie here that is just dying to be part of this project, I'd reluctantly part with Welcome Back Kotter, Full House or Golden Girls. What WAS I thinking heee. :cryingwlaughter:

I tend to DL the first several concerts, then the parts that I like best for the rest, then the entire show of the ones that I attended. I very rarely go back and watch past concerts so why do I save 80 gigs worth of them? *scratches head*

I guess I'm going to have to watch and only keep my favs. Of course, I just can't force myself to hit that delete button when it comes to Clay.

Awwww, jmh is grumpy and a bit out of sorts. :big hug:

Back to mowing my lawn. I can fantasize that it's Clay mowing it in 90 degree weather, shirtless with sweat dripping off him, then, I hand him some lemonade (ala 'Witness') and watch him drink it as it trickles down his neck, as his Adam's Apple moves up and down when he swallows, then he hands the glass back to me and our fingers touch. Then he eye fucks me, then he reaches towards m.....*slaps self* Back to reality.

I agree about the attachment. Before the NAT, I had dreams of Clay singing STO. It has been and continues to be one of my favorite songs he's ever sung despite the fact that it's a demo and he sounds so young and different. He debuted the song on the NAT in Lexington, my first show. I flipped the crap out. I'm not so much a screamin', jumpin' gal, but I turned into one when I recognized the opening notes. He dropped the mic and sang the lyrics out of order and left a bunch of them out, but that is still my favorite performance of that song from the whole tour.

LOL...We are so crazy. Yeah, I said crazy. Tell it like it is. (TM CHA)

STO...I still picture Clay giving Angela a hard time (pardon the pun) about her headlights every time I hear that song. Can't help it. Which is probably the reason I watch Clack. Without Clack I would have missed that Portland performance and if I had, that YGAF the next night in RI wouldn't have been so hysterical...wait a minute...yes it would... :cryingwlaughter:

Truth is, I don't have a great computer, so I pick and choose what I DL and watch, but I never compare. That STO in Lexington is just as wonderful for all it's mix-ups, as the one in Portland with all it's 13-yr old boy silliness, or one from any of the other shows. They are all wonderful to me. Picking a favorite Clay Aiken performance for me is like trying to pick a favorite child. It can't be done.

Edited by laughn

When this tour was first announced (amid much jubilation from the Claynation who had been clamoring for a summer tour since January); there was a lot of concern that concert was going to be slow and boring and that Clay was going to be the next Andy Williams. He had to tour with ATDW since that was his most ccurrent CD, but even he knew that they were mostly slow songs; not the get-up-on-your-feet and dance type of songs. So he came up with the TV Medleys, The Classics and TYYMMF; all designed to include the audience in the show and break up the monotony of the slow songs. I think it worked very well. I loved them all! Given what he had to work with I think he did a great job.

Kim

The thing I see with Clay doing a "get-up-on-your-feet and dance" type of tour is that the fandom I see at the concerts is NOT a "get-up-on-your-feet and dance" type of audience, so I sorta don't see the point. I've been at enough concerts with those who whined about Clay doing all those slo-o-o-o-o-w crappy songs to notice when Clay did do uptempo it's not like they actually moved their asses then...

I guess I'm a little bitchy this a.m. too...

I want bacon.

I understand what you mean....sometimes I stand there watching everyone else standing and I feel a bit frustrated cos I want to dance and jump and everyone else is just standing and maybe clapping in beat.

Ipod...I put it on shuffle ...I find this is the best way to listen cos I get to hear all the different music I love and EVERYTIME Clay comes on I get struck by the purity of his tone or just his unique delivery.

Question...would y'all rather listen to a great song done by a mediocre singer or a bad song sang by a great singer. I just had back to back Kelly C and Avril L. I love Avril's song but wish Kelly was singing and Kelly's meh song...sigh even her great voice can't save it.

About the audio clack recommendation. ITA with luckiest...I think a totally perfect version is hard to find. I know my favorite ICMYLM has people shouting in the beginning. But his vocal quality and his nuanves was so great that I don't mind the shouting...to me they just make the clip really unique.

EEK there is no IWTKWLI for Columbus, no audio, no video, no nothing.

But I've caught up with Jamar. I now have my song all downloaded.

And if there is a newbie here that is just dying to be part of this project, I'd reluctantly part with Welcome Back Kotter, Full House or Golden Girls. What WAS I thinking heee. :cryingwlaughter:

was scarlett in columbus????

I'm just going to interject one little piece of info for those of you going to Las Vegas with a Southwest connection. There are some GREAT promotional fares from some places. I got round trip tickets from San Jose, CA to LV for $108. WAY cheaper than other airlines.

THis ends this commercial break.