#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

I can certainly understand why someone didn't like Wolftrap for example, and if I had been there maybe I wouldn't have either - oh but the clack of it cracks me the hell up.

I was at Wolf Trap and loved it, probably because it was so spontaneous. I can imagine, though, that I might have felt differently if it were my only concert of the tour.

----

Ah, the Great Face series...

Edited by duckyvee

FYI -- I started a thread in the photo/emoticon section for Goofy/Smiley Clay, and I look forward to seeing what other threads appear there. (Since I'm such an "organizer," I like the idea for "best clothes," "best hair," "breathtaking" and "Good Lord that thing's huge!" *g*)

BUT...I personally would love for FCA members to continue to post pictures on the main thread too. I'd consider the Photo thread more of an Archive thing, actually....

OK, off I go to start my day....

I am not a fan of the canned skits, either, Clazorback. While I loved the TV Theme Medley, I wasn't wild about the George Jefferson bit. Same thing with the Classics Medley - I loved it, and I appreciated the switch to the concept of singing 'cool' songs to become cool, but I didn't really enjoy the comic stuff around it at the end. Maybe that's because I saw it too many times.

I constantly have to remind myself that the reason some of those things don't work for me, any more, is the fact I have seen them a gazillion times. If I try to look at it from a "not-just-us" perspective it becomes really funny and witty.

What is that old saying....familiarity breeds contempt!

oooo oooo can we have a Pictures We Hate Thread too? *G* I'll nominate the first one!!!!! Haa! Haa!

:cryingwlaughter:

AI breakout song for me was Tell Her About It. When he started the song slowly, I thought he was going to turn it into a ballad and didn't think that would go over well, but then he broke out and I just loved it. So much energy! There were many more impressive vocal performances, but that one really made me smile.

As a non voter during AI2 this made me laugh. I hate phones. My sister voted for Clay more than I did. I remember after this performance she said she threw him some votes because he suprirsed her.

I am not a fan of the canned skits, either, Clazorback. While I loved the TV Theme Medley, I wasn't wild about the George Jefferson bit. Same thing with the Classics Medley - I loved it, and I appreciated the switch to the concept of singing 'cool' songs to become cool, but I didn't really enjoy the comic stuff around it at the end. Maybe that's because I saw it too many times.

I love Clay's off the cuff banter, though. His ability to make the most of the affordances of the environment is impressive. So smart, quick, witty. I don't mind giving up a song or two for that. I also don't mind goofing during songs when it is impromptu. It's the planned stuff that doesn't appeal to me that much. I was actually a bit turned off by it in SD, but then the next 2 concerts were great! As others have said, each show has something unique. I really appreciate that.

I liked all this duckyvee. I love the off the cuff stuff best because it shows his intelligence and just very quick mind. It usually takes me after the fact to think of something and then I get to say..damn I should have said.

I personally would have given up both medleys for Broken Wings, Lonely No More and If You Don't Know me By now and if I had to give up only one I'd give up the classics medley It was many people's favorite part of the concert but I don't really seek out clack of this. I'd rather hear him sing or do some of the off the cuff banter. At least with the TV theme show songs I can see the dork walking around singing these all day. I really loved his AI story surrounding the theme songs.

You bring up another good point -- about seeing something too many times? I wonder how this effects people in the venue. I know there is sometimes chatter around me and that's from people who I think have just seen it all so they have additional reasons to be there, like socializing with their friends.

oooo oooo can we have a Pictures We Hate Thread too? *G* I'll nominate the first one!!!!! Haa! Haa!

:cryingwlaughter:

bwah!!

For some non-Clay enjoyment, if you're ever in the mood for that of course, here's a thread we had fun with one day... I need go finish my BEAUTIFUL ONES.

I personally would have given up both medleys for Broken Wings, Lonely No More and If You Don't Know me By now and if I had to give up only one I'd give up the classics medley

Ah, what I wouldn't have given up to hear Broken Wings... Just imagining how they might have pulled it off is interesting to me.

I don't seek Clack for either medley, actually. I am looking for audio of Perfect Strangers in isolation, though. Is that one that you're working on, JaMar?

Edited by duckyvee

I am looking for audio of Perfect Strangers in isolation, though. Is that one that you're working on, JaMar?

Yes.

I am.

Okay. Define working? :cryingwlaughter:

Truth be told I just started doing the downloading for that one yesterday. Haven't had the opportunity to listen to any yet. I've got a folder full of them but I think I have more downloading to do. The challenge of course is that it isn't always labeled as such. It may be labeled as part of the premedley banter. But when I find a good one that I like I put it in Itunes and then right click and hit the get info tab. That's where you can set a start and end time for the song. Works really well.

Edited by jamar1700

Hee, different strokes. I love the medleys, and while I would have loved to hear LNM or IYDKMBN live, I wouldn't have given up the medleys this tour for anything!

And then after I posted my message I continued to watch clack and came across ATDW in Canandaigua where he was just throwing a ball around for no reason that I could see. I started cracking up...thinking, oh this is what she meant. Heh. Anybody at Canandaqua know what he was throwing a "spinning" ball around during that song. Granted I never really saw the cards work, but to me that's probably an example of a schtick that wasn't necessary for tv theme songs. He realized it, took away the cards, and fined tuned it for the better just with words I think

The ball he was tossing around was apparently a gift from a fan in the m&g - I vaguely remember reading her recap, and I think the ball was in a gift bag that she gave him, from her child? I think she was hoping to be able to bring the child into the m&g but of course she wasn't allowed. Anyways I thought it was very cool, after the fact, to read how he came to be in possession of the ball, and very cool that he brought it out on stage with him and threw it around for a few seconds. Probably made that child's day.

And the cards.....I saw the cards in Canandaigua and in Chautauqua. I thought they really worked well the first night with the easel. I think he might have continued using them if not for the easel problems in Chautauqua (but omg that was funny). :cryingwlaughter:

OK I need to start cleaning the carpets, if I can ever get this freaking cat off of me. I think he's missed me the last little while....I mean, he's over 20 lbs but he seems to think that it's a good idea to either lay across my arms while I'm typing, or perch himself across my shoulders. :scream:

Yes.

I am.

Okay. Define working? :cryingwlaughter:

I can relate! At least you've started downloading. Well at least mom will be gone for a week in the middle of the month so will be totally free to listen to Clay until my ears fall off. Not that I'm not anyway, but I do feel some obligation to you know share a conversation with her or cook dinner now and then :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning all!

Interesting convo this morning.

The medleys - I loved them. Period.

The banter - my favourite stuff.

The serious songs - great

BYLM - kills me every time.

I think the medleys were so important to inject the kind of upbeat fun that Clay wants and feels that he needs to go along with a concert of s.......l............o..........w songs! :lol: I do think that fans get tired of them from overexposure much as they got tired of WDC in the JBT. I think these should all be reviewed from the first cellcert and clack to get a true feeling for them. I loved watching how they evolved from the beginning to the end of the tour. I would love to have heard LNM and BW but I would rather he changed up with other serious songs than eliminate either of those medleys. And from what I experienced, these medleys were a favourite part of the concert for men and NJU folks. :)

So, according to an article posted at CV - Clay wasn't at the DF Gala last night. I wonder what he was up to???

Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex. :)

Aww, don't be hating on the demos. God, I love them, including UM. But my absolute FAVOURITE version is the David Foster gala version. Seriously, if you haven't listened to it (no video, just use your ears) go back and do it now. It is fabulous.

Let me second that. I love the demos, but the Gala version is absolute favorite version too. I have it on my iPod. My mother loves it too. I also love JBT live with all the vocal drama, my favorite being Toledo.

I can certainly understand why someone didn't like Wolftrap for example, and if I had been there maybe I wouldn't have either - oh but the clack of it cracks me the hell up.

Loved Wolftrap, loved!!

We did get MOAM, EIH, LAA, WY, as Cindi said . That's 4 songs he seriously sang out of the whole concert and I'm glad for that.

What about HYCA? I don't recall him ever joking on that one, but the fans did scream a lot. He didn't do ETYGA at your venue? I know he played around with that one, but usually only after the song was over, and only at later venues. IWTKWLI--he did put a little joke in at the beginning, and sometimes fooled around at the end, but he did sing a lot of that seriously. BYLM--he never fooled around on that song, did he?

Did he ever fool around at your venue on ATD? Did he fool around on WISYS too? I don't think he ever fooled around on Sorry, did he? But maybe that hadn't been added in yet. TOA was always done seriously, wasn't it, or was your concert just non-stop yucks?

At minimum I'm counting HYCA, EIH, IWYTKWLI, ETYGA, WISYS, TOA, WY, MOAM, ATD, LAA, and BYLM, if you were at Tulsa, because he hadn't started the goofing off on IWTKWLI or ETYGA had he? I'll skip the duet and give you 10.

Towards the end of the tour, he was doing HYCA and EIH straight, RHW, WISYS with only rare goofing off, ATD, Sorry, MOAM and WY in a very serious little grouping from the stool of seriousness, then back there for LAA and a serious standing BYLM at the end. That's 10 songs.

So please tell me what in the world he did to mess up six other songs at your venue such that only MOAM, EIH, LAA, WY were "serious"??? I don't remember accounts of any concert being that funny or crazy.

I appreciate you don't like the funny or the medleys and I do, so we're different, so I liked my concerts better than you did your one--but 4 songs?? I just don't get that. Even at the goofiest concerts I went to we got at least 10 songs done straight with no laughs at all.

Good Morning all!

Interesting convo this morning.

The medleys - I loved them. Period.

The banter - my favourite stuff.

The serious songs - great

BYLM - kills me every time.

I think the medleys were so important to inject the kind of upbeat fun that Clay wants and feels that he needs to go along with a concert of s.......l............o..........w songs! :lol: I do think that fans get tired of them from overexposure much as they got tired of WDC in the JBT. I think these should all be reviewed from the first cellcert and clack to get a true feeling for them. I loved watching how they evolved from the beginning to the end of the tour. I would love to have heard LNM and BW but I would rather he changed up with other serious songs than eliminate either of those medleys. And from what I experienced, these medleys were a favourite part of the concert for men and NJU folks. :)

OMG!!!! I'm canuck! I think I like it. *g*

Totally agree with all this, especially the "overexposure" part for the intense fans. Clack is fantastic, and I'm so glad for it. But I do think there is a downside....one that makes some fans extremely picky over a particular performance after seeing it more than a few times via clack. I know it's hard, but when I attend shows later in each tour, I try to watch each show with "fresh eyes." Each show has it's own charm/quirks/outstanding vocal performances, and I try not to let my expectations for each part of a show color my viewpoint of the actual show. I do believe that some fans will not (or cannot) try to do that.

Fortunately, with the upcoming tour (and barring any major snowstorms, *sigh*), I'll get to see a show fairly early in the tour and then at the end of the tour. It will be interesting for me to watch the progression of his performances live.

Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex. :)

I think there's got to be a way to make this into a thread title....somehow.

BTW, count me in as another Foster gala UM lover!

jmh, I mostly agree with you about the "seriously done" songs. I think the one I might disagree with you is IWKWLI, mainly because that was the song where Clay didn't really know who he was going to sing with that night. And I also think that a lot of the songs you mentioned had Clay giving "goofy" looks every once in a while during a particular performance. Therefore, I wonder when those of us listening for the "best of" compilation will notice those things IF we take out the visuals. I know I'm more of a "visual" person (one of the reasons I simply can't watch Hometown Clay -- sorry to those who love that stuff), but taking away watching Clay, the voice shows through a lot more. JMO and that stuff.

When this tour was first announced (amid much jubilation from the Claynation who had been clamoring for a summer tour since January); there was a lot of concern that concert was going to be slow and boring and that Clay was going to be the next Andy Williams. He had to tour with ATDW since that was his most ccurrent CD, but even he knew that they were mostly slow songs; not the get-up-on-your-feet and dance type of songs. So he came up with the TV Medleys, The Classics and TYYMMF; all designed to include the audience in the show and break up the monotony of the slow songs. I think it worked very well. I loved them all! Given what he had to work with I think he did a great job.

Kim

jmh, I mostly agree with you about the "seriously done" songs. I think the one I might disagree with you is IWKWLI, mainly because that was the song where Clay didn't really know who he was going to sing with that night. And I also think that a lot of the songs you mentioned had Clay giving "goofy" looks every once in a while during a particular performance. Therefore, I wonder when those of us listening for the "best of" compilation will notice those things IF we take out the visuals. I know I'm more of a "visual" person (one of the reasons I simply can't watch Hometown Clay -- sorry to those who love that stuff), but taking away watching Clay, the voice shows through a lot more. JMO and that stuff.

I'll grant you IWKWLI, although in the earlier shows he wasn't goofing off on it, doing that schtick. I think I said that, and my list from the latter part of the tour was

Towards the end of the tour, he was doing HYCA and EIH straight, RHW, WISYS with only rare goofing off, ATD, Sorry, MOAM and WY in a very serious little grouping from the stool of seriousness, then back there for LAA and a serious standing BYLM at the end.

If the goal is to find songs that he never ever goofed on once at any show throughout the entire tour, then you'll have to delete WY. But that's a ridiculous standard if you ask me.

And exactly, AIKim (except for the "given what he had to work with part"--I was happy, happy, happy, happy, happy about an ATDW tour). He tries to put a little something in there for everyone.

Clayzor, I hope I'm not coming off as jumping on you. I love you madly, and I hope you know that. I'm just not buying the four songs thing.

Yes, I'm grumpy this morning, why do you ask?

Edited by jmh123

Clack is fantastic, and I'm so glad for it. But I do think there is a downside....one that makes some fans extremely picky over a particular performance after seeing it more than a few times via clack.

Whoo Boy! Do I agree with this. Okay I've 'fessed up before that I don't watch all that much Clack (comparatively *g*) but I really try not to watch much of anything until after I've seen the show the show live. I'll check out a bit here and there, usually sticking to one or two of my favorite songs or a certain piece of banter, especially if there is extended raving or nagging about it. But if I'm going to see the show I'd rather stay, if not totally unspoilerd, then at least "clean". I don't want to go in with those expectations. I suppose if I didn't get to see the shows live I would behave differently.

Edited by jamar1700

Don't get me wrong, I love ATDW, but the songs are not really conducive to a rockin' tour and even thought I think Clay was very proud of what he did with those songs, I think he had concerns about basing a tour on those songs and came up with some novel ideas to make it work. I also think Clay gets bored quite easily and the TV Medleys and Classic sections gave him something he could change up and adlib on. Personally, I think by the end of the tour, he was pretty bored with the whole thing and that is why we get the giggling and goofing around through songs.

Kim

jmh -- all good points. I actually think we're agreeing, just in my case, I'm not doing a good job of it!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I know. I'll just shut up now until I'm in a better mood. I just went to another board that used to be my home board, and feel like kissing everyone here now. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Awwwww, thanks jamar. You made me cry. I spent most of yesterday and into the night and early am at that online compendium of misinformation and agenda-hyping that I hate so much, and I really feel it. I haven't been there in months, and I can really see what it does to me.

Edited by jmh123

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

And we'd kiss you back, crabby or not.

---

I dunno Kim, "rockin" apparently is in the eye of the beholder. :shrugs:

*runs off to the emoticon thread to post her favorite shrugging emoticons*

---

Eh...first AND last post on the page....how sucky unique.

Edited by jamar1700

Totally agree with all this, especially the "overexposure" part for the intense fans. Clack is fantastic, and I'm so glad for it. But I do think there is a downside....one that makes some fans extremely picky over a particular performance after seeing it more than a few times via clack. I know it's hard, but when I attend shows later in each tour, I try to watch each show with "fresh eyes." Each show has it's own charm/quirks/outstanding vocal performances, and I try not to let my expectations for each part of a show color my viewpoint of the actual show. I do believe that some fans will not (or cannot) try to do that.

I so agree. I used to watch all the Clack of every performance from every concert. However, when my concerts came around, I'd find myself thinking things like, "He hit that note better in Orlando," or "His schtick was funnier in Denver." I remember telling a friend I'd taken to a concert, "His voice was much better in Anaheim. He must be sick." She looked at me like I was crazy, because she thought he was fantastic.

This time around, I saw very little Clack before my concert at the Greek. And you know what? I loved every minute of it. I did not find the TV Medley too long or obscure, and the Jefferson part was my favorite part of it. To me, the Classics medley wasn't too campy. It was fun, hilarious, and a great way to get people off their feet. Maybe the Greek wasn't the perfect concert, but it was the best concert experience I ever had, because I didn't go into it with a lot of expectations. I could simply enjoy the moment.

I realize that may not work for everyone, and that many can see all the Clack and still enjoy the concert. But I do think there is a danger in analyzing the concerts too heavily before you attend one.

When this tour was first announced (amid much jubilation from the Claynation who had been clamoring for a summer tour since January); there was a lot of concern that concert was going to be slow and boring and that Clay was going to be the next Andy Williams. He had to tour with ATDW since that was his most ccurrent CD, but even he knew that they were mostly slow songs; not the get-up-on-your-feet and dance type of songs. So he came up with the TV Medleys, The Classics and TYYMMF; all designed to include the audience in the show and break up the monotony of the slow songs. I think it worked very well. I loved them all! Given what he had to work with I think he did a great job.

Absolutely! I think that's precisely why he brought in the medleys, to keep the concerts from becoming some sort of staid, formal orchestral recital. He wanted to have fun.

I love, love, love comic Clay. It's a big reason I've remained a fan all these years.

And you weren't being negative you stated your preference and that resonated with me because concert Clay is my favorite so I put some thought into it. . And I was thinking about it as I watched clack. And then after I posted my message I continued to watch clack and came across ATDW in Canandaigua where he was just throwing a ball around for no reason that I could see. I started cracking up...thinking, oh this is what she meant. Heh. Anybody at Canandaqua know what he was throwing a "spinning" ball around during that song. Granted I never really saw the cards work, but to me that's probably an example of a schtick that wasn't necessary for tv theme songs. He realized it, took away the cards, and fined tuned it for the better just with words I think

The ball was given to him at the M&G just before the show.

from ClaySiempre

Besides actually sitting in the room with him I had another very exciting moment during the concert. My niece who is 12 is staying with my family and I for the summer. Her family is in the process of a move so it is easier for her to be here during the transition. I had planned on taking her to a few of the shows I was attending such as Chautauqua and New Hampshire. I had made plans with other family members and friends to go to the two other shows I was attending...Syracuse and Canandaigua. When I found out I won a M&G and read the rules I knew she was going to be a bit upset. The main rule being you must be over 12 and the other being no guests with the winner. She was happy for me but disappointed she couldn’t meet Clay too and said it wasn’t fair. She wanted to write to him and tell him. I told her she could write to him and I would give him the letter but she couldn’t complain because the rules were the rules and she wasn’t a member of the fan club so it was fair. So she wrote him a letter and wanted to give him something.

She had a $2.00 toy called a Spaghetti Ball that she had been playing with. I joked and said that Clay might like that and what do you give a guy who has everything anyway. So we went to the drugstore and picked up another one for him. We put it in a gift bag along with her letter and I left it on the table at the M&G.

At the beginning of the second half of the show he walked out tossing the ball to Angela and Quiana and said...play with it. My niece wrote in the letter that it would be a fun toy for them to toss around on the bus. Quiana put it in her pocket but I was really pleased to see him with it for a few seconds. I’m sure he had read her note and I thought that was a very kind gesture for him to do. It’s just too bad she wasn’t with me at that show. I never thought he would actually bring it on stage. I don’t even know if he knew which fan left it for him. I know her letter mentioned she was going to a few shows with her Aunt Tammy but as I said there were two Tammys in the M&G and my niece wrote about herself not me. I am really grateful to him for doing that and I found a video of it to show her and she was very excited. When I told her that night that he brought it out on stage she said her stomach was fluttering. I don't think she slept very much that night. SOOOOO cute. She definitely has a Clay crush after our concerts.

Edited by laughn

Hmm, interesting idea for a poll - do the people who watch a lot of clack, listen to clay mostly on thier ipod - are they more critical than people who watch less clack (me) and listen to clay when we get around to playing music (me) rather than every day.

I have no idea of the result, but I can believe that familiarity does breed contempt.

I also have mild expectations of a concert - I don't go in with song lists in my head, I have been lucky enough to go early enough in the series that I am sumewhat surprised (been to 2 first shows now) I wtch all TV clack and some of the stuff I watch over and over is stuff like

to wonder at the boy on the verge and the platinum award because I always wonder if he was thinking of Vernon when Diane said she had someone there to see him just after the Prime time show. More recent stuff I enjoy watching over and over tend to be TV show appearances.

When I go to a show, I don't expect to be swept off my feet by the bestest entertainer ever, I expect to leave happy and satisfied, but what satisfies me, may not satisfy someone else. I don't download every video and burn it an watch it, I may download a few best of, but, truthfully, I have never ever watched a concert over in it's entirety. I think expectations are a pretty big part of things, but then again in non-concert settings, I have gone to see very little and savored it. I went to the UNICEF lighting, I went to see Clay on Broadway for one song, as I am probably doing for the Neil Sedaka show. I am quite satisfied, knowing that i will get very little Clay, but I will get little treasures of things not captured on Clack or on TV.

I am just so not intense.

Clay ws in Washington this past week for the president's commission's fall meeting.I can't wait to hear wht they were working on.

Edited by playbiller

Don't get me wrong, I love ATDW, but the songs are not really conducive to a rockin' tour and even thought I think Clay was very proud of what he did with those songs, I think he had concerns about basing a tour on those songs and came up with some novel ideas to make it work. I also think Clay gets bored quite easily and the TV Medleys and Classic sections gave him something he could change up and adlib on. Personally, I think by the end of the tour, he was pretty bored with the whole thing and that is why we get the giggling and goofing around through songs.

Kim

I don't know what's so hard about touring with ATDW. All he had to do was add some fast songs in the mix and guala, a tour. He sang just as many slow songs on NAT. I think doing a symphony instead of a band gave him his problem and thus he came up with unique ways to add some fun. But that was a choice he made and not the only choice to be made. I love seeing how he thinks and how his mind works and watching him express himself artistically and I love what he came up with. I think it really worked. The guys really enjoyed it seems as well. But he could have just as well done a regular type of tour substituting the Solitaires and Moam's with the Here You Come Agains and the Because You loved Mes.

I so agree. I used to watch all the Clack of every performance from every concert. However, when my concerts came around, I'd find myself thinking things like, "He hit that note better in Orlando," or "His schtick was funnier in Denver." I remember telling a friend I'd taken to a concert, "His voice was much better in Anaheim. He must be sick." She looked at me like I was crazy, because she thought he was fantastic.

BINGO! Jenna..heee you did this? I'm shocked :cryingwlaughter: During the JNT05 in Atlanta, there were fans behind me who had obviously seen the show multiple times. And they loudly proclaimed Clay must be sick because he was just not up to par. Next to me were two people who had never seen the show and were having such a wonderful time. We intense like folks need to learn not to express our disappointment during the show where people who have never heard before can just make their own judgements. I mean, even if Clay is not 100% he still sounds great. And every night won't be perfect but he still gives it his all. But a lot of times he seems to be judged against the most perfect peice of clack ever. Not fair.

Thanks for the Canandaiqua "ball" info. That makes a difference!!

Play, I listen to Clay on my ipod a lot and I have no contempt for him due to my familiarity. hee. Bottom line is that I dont' seek perfection at a Clay concert - that should be on the recorded version. His voice can't be 100% every night..the thrill of a live performance has more to do with his presence, my heart pounding heee, and just the exitement in the air. I went to 4 shows this summer and I'm just not one that can rate them by voice. It's the entire experience and that's easy..indio, pala, LA, san diego..and even San Diego was fantastic.