#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

For playbiller :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4tHQYZfvhE

That little wiggle makes me giggle. I love it.

I think Clay really starting show his stuff from Diane Warren night on. This is another of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D61whenDkI

He needs to wear leather more. I hope this winter he wears some, along with turtleneck sweaters and those magnifico long jackets of sexiness.

:Thud::Thud::Thud:

Thanks stargazer for the montage link.

Nice post Mandler . It was fun watching him grow week after week. He was so serious about winning. All the other kids commented on how Clay worked harder and practiced more than anyone. He showed a lot of professionalism then. So fun to go back and watch again every so often.........Well I have the last load of laundry in the dryer. Thank God. My washer needs the repairman called. I have to manually turn it to each cycle. I guess the timing mechanism is off. Well, it is about 15 years old. I guess I have got my money's worth out of it. Hee.

ETA:

Loved watching this again! Still get chills when Robin Gibb says during his critique ". . .and this is the way the song was meant to be sung." Can't imagine any greater compliment for a performer. Thanks for the bring Clayzorback!

That was a great compliment. I also loved Neil's comment about losing his song to Clay forever. Gladys Knights, something magical is going to happen for you, comment too. I think Jerry Lewis gave Clay some of the best accolades ever. His MDA Telethon appearance was awesome. So many well respected people have praised his talent. Merv Griffith said nice things too. Clay may not be getting radio play but people in the entertainment business know and appreciate his talent. His time is coming. He will find his way.

Edited by Clayzorback

I am really enjoying the walk down memory lane. I watch AI-2 just before each new season starts.

Confession: The only time I have watched the final moments of the AI-2 is when the winner was annouced on the actual show itself. After all of this time I am over the whole win/lose situation, but for some reason I turn my dvd off every single time just before they annouce the winner.

(see what I get for being nice? On top again!!)

Just get your whips out and all will be well. Can't you do that from the top?

My all time favorite AI moment. Such a beautiful voice, such a beautiful guy. I keep the clip on my desktop and play it just about every day. Lordy me!!!

Think I finally got the hang of this quote thingy. I kinda like it

Edited by Toots

Stargazer That video of all the "Movin on Up" clips is so much fun!!!

God, I love him! :lol:

Mandler I can't stand to watch the final moments of AI2 either! Can't turn it off fast enough. :lol:

UM??? At the David Foster Gala - it was so much fun when DF kept making Clay do the high falsetto note over and over. It was hysterical! What a fun night that was.

fun watching him grow
Indeed it is....

Waldo3test-1.jpg

dcwaldo.jpg

can't get enough!

AMA358close.png

sing.gif

You know, as often as I've studied glanced at these pictures, I still am amazed every time I see it them. The pictures, I mean. Amazed, I tell ya! The boy man is blessed! Huge blessings! And someday some lucky bitch sweet, deserving woman is going to reap the benefits of those blessings and I'm gonna want to scratch her eyes out.

Shoot, I've given up on being productive today and am reviewing all of Clay's performanced on AI - I still love them with a hot and burning love.

Everlasting Love? That for me, was the closest that he was about being just about the song - there is less of a connection to the camera with that one than any other (of course, he was probably eyefucking the shit out of some lucky bitch of an audience member). Except for what was some tiny pre-Grease hip thingie that the frickin' cameraman didn't cut too...at least his shoulders were moving...To Love Somebody - that was all about the performance.

KAndre reclines gracefully at her proper position on top....

did somebody say something about "watching him grow???"

waldoWDCbig.jpg

(a little grainy but.....) :RedGuy:

And here are some primo AI2 TLS screenshots (sorry they're so small) - I love the end of TLS when he ef's the camera and everyone within sight of the screen.......

As for Buble - I like him in limited capacity. A couple of his songs are nice!

Particularly the ones that were in "The Wedding Date" - that movie where Dermot Mulroney sizzled off the screen! OUCH! :hubbahubba:

Anyhow - Buble did two songs in that movie: "Save the Last Dance for Me" and "Home" I think "home" is original but I'm not certain! Anyway, it's really nice........... But unless someone invited me, I prolly wouldn't go to a concert of his!!

PS - you can see all the AI2 videos HERE.

Does anyone remember when the Idol Rewind starts?

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wow. Just watched some fascinating TV. Reruns of America's Next Top Model, 2006. Early in the season they took the models for a photo shoot up in the LA hills. They shot them with a professional male model. The scene: have a pillow fight between lovers, feathers and semi-naked bodies in a flurry of arms and legs.

Clay content? The segment was shot in the same house where Clay did his ATDW shoot. (I wonder if they were shot around the same time, or which production came first)

Anyway, this is the couch where the 'lovers' had the pillow fight. Yeah, that prompted a few fantasies of my own.

ATDW-Amazoncover-8-21-06.jpg

As to the current discussion...Just remember, not all men have the same size package.

crate.gif

...same with the VOX. Clay Aiken just seems to be blessed with things on a LARGE scale. :allgood:

Edited by laughn

Clay content? The segment was shot in the same house where Clay did his ATDW shoot.

Rebecca Lynn Howard's video for "Forgive" was shot in the same house. Very interesting house. The video shows lots of the interior.

---

Shed is down. There was a very complete & rather large rabbit skeleton under there. Perhaps that's why my dogs have spent half of their lives trying to crawl up under it.

---

Off to the movie. Good thing JJ told me it wasn't Oscar worthy since I usually don't like that high-falutin' sorta stuff anyhow.

Edited by jamar1700

Rebecca Lynn Howard's video for "Forgive" was shot in the same house. Very interesting house. The video shows lots of the interior.

Jamar, I'm not a serious country music fan but I really liked that song "Forgive" and the video was beautiful.

Jamar, I'm not a serious country music fan but I really liked that song "Forgive" and the video was beautiful.

I watched that video on youtube several times to get a better look at the house around the time the ATDW photoshoot pictures came out. The house is gorgeous, but looks so sterile and cold and stark to me. I wonder if anyone actually lives in it, or if the house just gets rented out for photoshoots and whatnot.

Not cold and stark at all, but warm and inviting: A beautiful pic from LA, for ldyjocelyn who loves the smiling ones.

LADCAT9.jpg

Off to the movie. Good thing JJ told me it wasn't Oscar worthy since I usually don't like that high-falutin' sorta stuff anyhow.
I saw "Stardust" last week. It's not Oscar-worthy, but it was very entertaining. I had just finished reading the book (one of my fave authors, Neil Gaiman) and although they took a few liberties with the storyline, it was really funny in parts and Michele Pheiffer did a great job as the witch! Those were some of the funniest moments! I kept saying to myself "that's Claire Danes?" But she did a great job too. And the male lead was really cute.

OT??? That sure is one hot dude up there!! /\ /\ /\

:hubbahubba:

Edited by cha cha trusty

did somebody say something about "watching him grow???"

waldoWDCbig.jpg

(a little grainy but.....) :RedGuy:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Throw me into the pit with the lions.................I think that's an epi pen in it's cover.

SORRY

Good evening everyone!

I'm back from a looooooooooong day of outlet shopping, followed by dinner at a Japanese tapinyaki place (along with two Japanese beers...*hic*). I found LOTS of good things. The surreal moment of the day though was in the Bali outlet....shopping for unmentionables....when I hear the strains of "Invisible." Good Lord, that was weird.

Let's see, topics of the day....Buble. I like him, and would really like to see him in concert, but won't go out of my way to travel to see him. I really like the song "Home" in particular (heard that on my last day in Ireland last year, and so it has sentimental value for me), but I've liked his cover stuff too. I love music from that era in time, though...and he's reworked some 70's pop classics too that are really cool.

AI performance that shook me to the bone? Easy -- BMUB *waves at playbiller*. God, he strode upon that stage and made me fall off the couch. That to me was THE performance from him -- it was fun, he was relaxed, and he sang it fantastic. I did love his UM performance, especially when he hit "the note," but that song will always be a Righteous Brothers song to me.

I do think that Clay and AI will always be linked, and I'm really OK with that. I think that for the people who remember him only from AI and think of him as weird/geeky/fill in negative stereotype here, there are just as many who remember him as that guy who could sang. I also believe that even if Clay has stopped watching the show and hasn't said as many kind things about it lately, he does realize that it is the way he got to where he is today. Without the show, he very likely would be teaching in NC, and he would not be able to do things for the BAF and UNICEF, go on tour, and just SING.

Epipens don't move like that. Sorry.

Muski You have picked a peck of perfect pecker pictures. :hubbahubba:
BWAH! Okay, tell the truth FCAer's - how many tried to say this really really fast over & over & over and busted up giggling each and every time -

Say it with me now everyone . . . yes, I love Clay Aiken and I am a pecker-holic :cryingwlaughter:

After all of this time I am over the whole win/lose situation, but for some reason I turn my dvd off every single time just before they annouce the winner.

ahhhh, me too - maybe one day, or maybe never

Edited by PuddinsJoy