#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

In San Diego, I recall Quianna answering Clay's banter by saying something about "Yeah and the tantrum". I just realize how much they care for him.

Now that I'm on a roll - why stop??? :cryingwlaughter: Another favourite banter bit - and I don't know what concert it was from - was when Clay told the tale of Angela throwing down her cell phone and tearing the bus apart searching for Clay's "pills" when he said he hadn't taken them that day!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Oh God - how do I explain to my DH why I'm giggling at the computer????

:cryingwlaughter:

Edited by canuck2010

I can fantasize that it's Clay mowing it in 90 degree weather, shirtless with sweat dripping off him, then, I hand him some lemonade

You know, I copied this so many pages ago, I don't know who the hell said it...but...Wait! I think it was Shadylil...anyhoo, you know.....this sorta makes me think about "Clay Acres", doesn't it you, Claygasm?

Except I believe I had him wearing overalls with no shirt underneath, right? And the woman had on a tank and short shorts with no undies, right? And she set the tray with the lemonade down on the dirt path, turning her back to him and didn't bend her knees, right? And then....well, he was watching her if I remember correctly and....

Yeah, I think that's what made me think of the similarities... :whistling-1:

Anyway, whew! Took me a while to catch up but here I is, home from the double header softball game. We crushed the other team, but it turns out that some of the teams we're playing are NEW tournament teams that haven't played together as a team yet. This was one of them and they didn't know what hit em (or pitched 'em, as the case may be) We ended up having all our batters switch hit at the plate! Right handers batted left and vice versa because we were ahead 13-0. Even doing that and using our NUmber 4 pitcher, we still won 17-0. Second game was somewhat better. WE had a diff. pitcher pitch each inning but we still won 7-0.

Next week, though, we play a REAL tournament team---in fact, the one team we beat at the National Tournament last month...so that'll be a good Sunday (except for the getting up at 6:30 am on a Sunday, that is :scream: )

Clay...oh yeah...Topic...okay. I was at Wolf Trap JBT and I have to say the ice capades during WDC bugged the shit out of me for a completely selfish reason. I'd moved up to third row center at half time and was JAZZED to be so close for the HAWT stuff...pissed me off that I didn't get a chance to see him grinding and thrusting up close and personal-like...

But I got over it.

I do remember sitting with Totally in the 12th row on the left side for the first half and us saying how freakin' HAWT he looked that night and freakin' AMAZING his voice sounded... :clap:

And ditto on the Angela's Headlights being forever tied to STO! BWAH!

And amen to those who are just happy campers waiting for the next chapter of Clay music and concert twists and turns. The man never disappoints (well....I'll never be a fan of Frisco DCAT, but I had fun with my peeps and whatnot and I always love to hear him sing)...and it's ALWAYS a trip I'm happy to make to see him entertain MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lilredani:

And amen, too, to the belief that Clay is NOT all torn up by whatever Faye might or might not like what he's doing or saying on stage. From everything I've read and heard about him as a child, an adolescent, teen and "young man", he's always been his "OWN" man--stubborn as sin and bound to be himself, so why would he suddenly now, when he's "pushing 30" (LOVE that, whoever said it!) become influenced by what his mama thinks?

And super ditto and amen to whoever hoped he was engaged in some hawt, kick-ass super sex last night since he wasn't at David Foster's Gala.... :cryingwlaughter::clap::hubbahubba:

Get to walk the doggie now....first semi-exercise-like thing I've done all day... :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest

I watched the Clack and listened to the Cellcerts before seeing the California Concerts...and I loved every minute of every Concert. [especially Pala and Indio] I think a lot of us who live in the West, don't see him as often as those of you that live in Clayland....so perhaps appreciate him more when we do see him.

Please add to the list those of us who live in the mid-midwest (and I know there are others in many other parts of the country with even less Clay-exposure than us!). As one who usually can't afford to fly to concerts, when he comes within driving distance (<6 hrs), which he has all of 7, count'em, 7 times (AI2-SRHPT), I try to get there. I did bite the wad and fly to the two Atlantic City JBT's (BEST!), which my wallet hated, but I loved dearly. Of the 7 close-by concerts, I've made all 7. So yes, I definitely appreciate him more when I do get to see him. Also should add that I feel really lucky that two of his holiday concerts this year will bring my local number to 9!

All this talk about Clay and his exposure . . . my contributions to our sweet, and bothered, and sweaty dreams tonight . . .

IMG_3261c_filtered-vi.jpg

8wu.jpg

182925169-L.jpg

I remember reading (correct me if I'm wrong) that Faye was in the audience and didn't look any to pleased with the antics. I don't think he has repeated that level of goofing off since.

Dear God, that is just depressing, both in thought and in action if it were true. How sad for him if that did happen. I'll just go on thinking it's a Clurban myth and make myself happy.

I wouldn't take any fan reports about Faye too seriously. Besides, what was she going to do, give him a spanking? :cryingwlaughter: Some people were upset. Others weren't. Lots of stories about the not just us folks loving it. The fact that it was some hoity toity place meant he was supposed to take everything to a higher plane and not goof off. Botton line - it was just another concert that everybody has an opinion on and his career doesn't rise or fall on one concert. Nobody's opinion is right or wrong. Sometimes when reactions are WAY OTT then I look askance at the reporter </TM KAndre cuz I liked the way she used that the other day>

I think when discussing Clay's future I think we have more in common than differences. We want him to be successful. We want him to be happy with what he's doing. What this is remains to be seen. I'm never sure of terminology. And yes, I'm guilty of putting my wants into the mix even if subconsciously. Like CG says, when I hear Clay and Rock my mind shuts down because Clay is not a rock star to me. Invisible and Back For More isn't rock music. So others may be thinking of songs like that when talking about a rockin' Clay. Also, top 40? I don't care if Clay is on it - I think he would fit more on Hot AC. I think Top 40 stinks and don't see myself ever listening to it again, Clay or not. Clay and I have a con nec tion on that. And my saying I don't think he'll be top 40 doesn't mean I think he'll forever be ballad boy as they do play uptemp on hot ac. To me that's where he fits. And I think he had songs on ATDW that would have done just fine in that format. Now if he comes out with an album full of hip hop I reserve the right to change my mind. :cryingwlaughter:

Daughtery is ont he radio? Whatever. I like him and I don't watch him sing one song on Idol. I'm sick of the comparisons of Clay to every other idol under the sun. We can't complain about the media and everybody else not letting go if WE can't let go. He's a different artist. He'll get different things. And what he gets has nothing to do with Clay.

Jenna, intersting idea but is Clay's voice to unique for that? I still think a duet with someone popular yet unexpected is the way to go. It's time for Clay to leapfrong onto someone elses success to start that radio wave for himself.

I said the song/melody and Clay's voice shining was most important to me. But an album has 12 or so songs. I don't care if some of them don't fit that criteria. Just wouldn't want an entire album of it but I'm not worried that we'll get that.

Great discussion. I was at a pool party with a bunch of 5-7year olds. But that was fun too...well almost as fun..

Claynation is imploding!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EcItK5aN9UA

Personally, I think I'd kinda like it but it's not going over very well! :cryingwlaughter: To put it mildly!!!

that might be the wrong link??? :medium-smiley-070:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EcItK5aN9UA

Personally, I think I'd kinda like it but it's not going over very well! :cryingwlaughter: To put it mildly!!!

that might be the wrong link??? :medium-smiley-070:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what she is talking about and that link just confused me!

(oh yeah, and just no!)

Kim

I think this is what she is talking about:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/purr62/Reunited.jpg

Kim

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE really???? I would love that!!! I love Ruben and kim and I would love to see them all together. I bet though that this will be just a short tour and I bet he would still tour in support of his upcoming CD...

IMO...Ruben is Clay's best duet partner...I love how their voices blend...

AWWWW...together again....

Now I'm sure there won't be a unanimous reaction to this....but thats why we are a diverse fandom.

eta: hey look top of the page...and just to be me I will say...I am truly honored to be in this positions..I will thank all the post hos before me that made this honor possible... :clap::clap:

Are you talking about the Kim Locke article in which she claims that she, Clay, and Ruben may be touring together next year?

I'm wondering if it's a plan that's under serious consideration by all three, or if it's more of an idea that she floated out there that hasn't been flatly rejected. I can see Clay wanting to help out his friends, and it's possible Idol Rewind could make the concept marketable. However, it would seem strange to me that Clay, after touring on his own for so long, would cut his stage time by 2/3. I suppose it's possible that he's worried that the lack of a new album might make it difficult for him to book gigs alone in summer 2008.

Honestly, the prospect doesn't thrill me. However, so much can happen that might preclude such an event. Whatever "developments" he has may prevent a summer tour, as he once hinted. A new album could come out early enough in 2008 to make a solo tour more profitable. Then, too, fall television appearances (Idol Rewind, 5th Grader, skating special) could boost Christmas ticket sales to the point where he might think he can tour alone.

I guess we'll find out, soon enough. However, something tells me that plans are far from firm just yet.

ETA: I guess the article does say Spring 2008, which could make a summer solo tour still possible.

Edited by JennaZ

That would probably be the first Clay tour I miss, not a fan of Ruben or Kim and I think this would be a step backward for Clay.

Kim

eta: hey look top of the page...and just to be me I will say...I am truly honored to be in this positions..I will thank all the post hos before me that made this honor possible... :clap::clap:

BWAH!!!

I think I'll save my reaction til there's some solid information about what I'm reacting to.

I think this is what she is talking about:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/purr62/Reunited.jpg

Kim

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE really???? I would love that!!! I love Ruben and kim and I would love to see them all together. I bet though that this will be just a short tour and I bet he would still tour in support of his upcoming CD...

IMO...Ruben is Clay's best duet partner...I love how their voices blend...

AWWWW...together again....

Now I'm sure there won't be a unanimous reaction to this....but thats why we are a diverse fandom.

I'm with you...I think this would be a great time!!!!

My favorite WDC moment was in Vermont when Felix called Vermont a city during his shtick and Clay was laughing so hard during the choir robe segment he couldn't sing. I watched that clack a lot.

Kim

That was hysterical. And that broke the ice with a very different sort of crowd. That whole bit had me dying laughing.

I wasn't there, but that Solitaire is one of my all-time favorite pieces of Clack. In it, he falters, loses his way for a bit, but maintains his composure and finishes so impressively that the mistake becomes irrelevant. It's magnificent to watch, and I can't help but see it as representative of how he may approach life. He's not always perfect, but he knows how to get past his errors and make the best out of what he has.

Beautifully said.

Clay Acres? You actually wrote something called Clay Acres Muski? Link?

Bwah..uh oh. Frankly I'd probably love it. I definitely love Clay and Kimberly. Never was a huge fan of Ruben but hey I sat through Kelly Clarkson 6 times. It would definitely be a labor of love because I just don't see Ruben and Kim as big concert draws. They've never really sustained their own tours. If they can somehow bounce off the success of idol rewind..but really who really watches that show. How are the ratings? I doubt it will happen. A week in Vegas or Atlantic City might work better. Anyway, wherever Clay is I will be.

I love the idea of a concert events or a tv special though. It could work in a number of ways.

But I think I'll go hide on a mountain for a few days :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I really don;t see how this can be seen as a step down if it is marketed as a special event. I think it would be a good concept and as I said that does not stop Clay from touring on his own in the same year.

I do agree...I don't think this is a sure thing but I think it can bring about some great music.

I HATE the thought of this. I didn't care for either Kim or Ruben during AI2, and they do nothing for me now. There wouldn't be enough Clay Aiken on a tour like this to entice me to go, so at least I'll be saving money next Spring....if this is really in the works...and I sincerely hope that it is not.