#15 the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Love that sweet "Hunk of Southern Comfort" who brought us all together!
    • Yet when we get together it's like I'm with my sisters - only without the issues. smile.gif
    • Clay is successsfully running with the big dogs.
    • And oddly, we all manage to share the same boyfriend, with only minimal hair-pulling and name calling.
    • Pass the koolaid, I'm thirsty.
    • The Eyes Have It!
    • he's soooo photogenic...almost sinfully, unfairly so: laughing, smiling, crying, looking pensive or naughty or goofy -It just doesn't seem to matter, does it?
    • Just can't keep a good man down.
    • "Clay wants to see your bushes".
    • Hopefully, he was out having fun or buying more new jeans, writing some new kick-ass songs, recording some kick-ass songs, having some kick-ass super-sex.
    • veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

LAwd, lawd....a woman goes out to take a little walk with the dog, comes back to

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! BWAH!

I'm sorry, but this CMSU! I'm gonna go on a safari....gonna surf the boards for some amusement....see ya later, folks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH! BWAH! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

You are a brave, brave woman, my friend! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I like Kim and Ruben as people. I believe they are good friends of Clay's, and that he may actually think it would be fun to tour with them again. I don't doubt that they could make good music together. I've always hated how Kim and Ruben were treated on the Clay boards, because even though I've never bought their music, I do think they have great voices and a genuine loyalty toward our guy.

However, I can't say I'm enthusiastic about a tour which packages him as a former reality show contestant rather than as an established performer. Quite frankly, the concept feels a little desperate. To me, Kim and Ruben fall into that "whatever-happened-to" category of celebrities, and I worry that in joining them, Clay might be placed into that category as well. I do wonder whether SAM will recommend this tour. It might bring in income, but I'm not sure if it really enhances Clay's professional image.

Ah, well. I suppose one should look for the positive. He'd probably enjoy it. It'd probably be a good show. More Clack for us, something to enjoy until his new album or next solo tour.

I'm not one to angst, but I'm sorry, I can't join the glee on this one.

I was at Wolf Trap and I remember the 'incident of the ice', but I don't remember what song it was before. I didn't think anything of it except that it was a bit unprofessional of Angela to run off the stage, she should have just kneed Clay where it hurts :cryingwlaughter: Now that would have been a sight to see. I keed, I keed. What did Clay say about the Glory note in Solitaire? Something like, 'this is what they want, this is all they want'?

Muski, you and I attended a lot of the same concerts and we haven't met????? I think I was in either the 12th or the 15th row on the left side. Hmmm.....

What's DCAT stand for?

I do think that Clay tones it down when Faye is in the house. Just a bit.

Couchie said:

So others may be thinking of songs like that when talking about a rockin' Clay.

Yes, you got it in one!

Hee! I just called jmh to get her reaction to the Reunited Tour. I'm a b-a-d fan because I think it will be funny to watch the boards implode. Not that I'm making fun of the people who really don't want that tour, but we have almost zero information, yet I can just see it now, posters all over Clay Nation will be kvelling, angsting, and celebrating. There will be discussions over the marketing, the promotion, who gets top billing, how much time each will have on stage, will it tie into a TV Special, Clay once again being tied to AI, how it will impact his new CD and his tour to promote that CD, yada, yada, yada.

I'm not that big a Ruben fan, but I LOVED Kim when I saw her in Raleigh and if done correctly, I think the Tour could work very well. I'd go. As some have said, maybe a limited tour, maybe for charity, who knows? I kind of don't think it will happen, but we'll see......

YSRN, should I bother to take this to CP or did you beat me :cryingwlaughter:

I could see this tour happening with Clay as executive producer and 5230 funding it. It could be a great opportunity for Clay, particularly if it is connected with AI. I posted this on CV already.

I don't think I would go to more than one or two shows and don't know if I would fly to see it but I am sure Clay wouldn't be doing it for his fans. It may be a way to reenergize the old AI fans that thought he had a great voice but didn't keep up with him as well as Kim and Ruben.

I honestly think that Team Clay has a lot more to lose than I and would spend a heck of a lot more time worrying about it.

:allgood:

Jenna, you make valid points. My main concern, that I already mentioned, is thar Ruben and Kim have been unable to sustain their own tours since Idol ended. Ruben couldn't do it even just after Idol ended so would be attending these concerts. On the musical side of things - I actually would probably love it and I can see myself getting a whole bunch of soul - heee - but really I just can't see it happening. I'm not worried about Clay appearing desperate, especially if he has a whole slate of things lined up which frankly by spring 2008 he should.

ETA: Kim's Raleight concert was spectacular IMO. She's a prime example of a lable and artist not meshing. She's the perfect exampe of what I mean when I say I don't want Clay to sing any old thing to get on the radio. She is not a pop princess. They have ripped the soul out of her to fit her in a box where she doesn't belong. Well IMO. I don't know Kim or folflow her enough to know what she wants. I do know what songs she chose to enhance her Raliegh concert and it wasn't bubblegum pop songs.

We're on 69, no smut?

Kim left a bad taste in my mouth with her first CD and the duet with Clay; just seemed like it was done to get Clay fans to buy her CD and increase her sales and I hate that kind of manipulation. If they had done a duet on her third or fourth CD, I could see that, but on a first CD it just comes across like they knew she didn't have a big fanbase and wanted to tap into Clays and I think that stinks. It kind of makes me sad that some of you think those of us who are truly upset by this news are a form of amusement; I find that rather disrespectful of our opinions.

Kim

What's DCAT stand for?

Felix "DCat"! Drummer boy!!! Who thinks Vermont is a city! :lol:

Kim I think this whole thing is hilarious but I don't mean it as disrespect for your's or anyone elses' opinions. I just always find it a hoot how Message Boards go crazy over rumors and speculation and it was a given that THIS particular bit of rumor (or fact) was going to cause some major explosions.

I'm really sorry if you take it personally as it's not meant that way at all.

Edited by canuck2010

I wouldn't say IF this tour happens that I am happy about it. To me, it makes no sense, which is why I don't think it will happen as a stand alone tour. I certainly wouldn't travel all over the country and spend tons of money on it. But if it came anywhere I could drive to and not lose any time at work, I would definitely go.

But I really think all the angst is a bit premature. It certainly isn't a done deal. Even if it does happen, we don't know in what capacity. It screams fundraiser for me, so I think that's what it will be IF it happens.

To me, this is way different than the IT. That tour made sense. Two young talents from a wildly popular TV show embarking on their first major solo tours deciding to combine forces in order to play bigger venues and possible expand their fan bases.

This alleged tour between Clay, Ruben and Kim makes no sense to any of them. However, it could be a big enough draw to raise a lot of money for their various foundations and/or favorite charities.

Clay is a smart man. He may love his friends and want to help them if he can, but he isn't going to make a stupid career move just to help them out.

I like Kim and Ruben as people. I believe they are good friends of Clay's, and that he may actually think it would be fun to tour with them again. I don't doubt that they could make good music together. I've always hated how Kim and Ruben were treated on the Clay boards, because even though I've never bought their music, I do think they have great voices and a genuine loyalty toward our guy.

However, I can't say I'm enthusiastic about a tour which packages him as a former reality show contestant rather than as an established performer. Quite frankly, the concept feels a little desperate. To me, Kim and Ruben fall into that "whatever-happened-to" category of celebrities, and I worry that in joining them, Clay might be placed into that category as well. I do wonder whether SAM will recommend this tour. It might bring in income, but I'm not sure if it really enhances Clay's professional image.

Ah, well. I suppose one should look for the positive. He'd probably enjoy it. It'd probably be a good show. More Clack for us, something to enjoy until his new album or next solo tour.

I'm not one to angst, but I'm sorry, I can't join the glee on this one.

The reason why this does not worry me is the fact that it does coincide with the AI2 5 year anniversary and may come at the heels of the AI2 idol rewind so it does look like a AI special event not an attempt to revive some wannabe star's waning careers.

I also don't think it will cause enough of a splash to really create a backlash on Clay. I would say the PR it will have will simply set the stage for his upcoming projects. This will be a great time to introduce some new songs or to introduce some new musical direction for Clay.

I know we fans tend to worry about Clay's image and how the media will spin certain projects...but the fact is...Clay still sells tickets and CD's and having a tour with Kim and Ruben won;t change that.

About Ruben touring. I think all his missed or late concerts had a lot to do with him not being a viable touring act. The time to work hard would have been after the AI2 Tour and it just seems that there were more misses than hits for Ruben.

I really see no evidence that Ruben didn't work hard. He couldn't sell out a 600 folk venue right after Idol. I don't think that has anything to do with him being late for a couple of concerts. I think there was one that he missed entirely that caused a lot of problems but really how many have there been in 5 years. Some people can be a touring act - others just can't. I think I read R&B and hip may be all over the radio radio radio but as but just aren't touring commodoties. Ruben does fine with a group, or in fair situations, or with others in the lineup, just not alone.

AIKim, sorry if you feel disrespected. sometimes heads exploding can be like a sporting event here. I personally will not venture out because knowing the fandom like I do it will get nasty and ugly. I personally think Kim knows Clay's fans better than anyone so don't think she expects anything out of us. I'm quite sure she's heard it all.

But I agree with CG... just can't rap my mind around it happening. Yep CG again below. Clay won't do something just to help his friends. If he sees no benefit for his own career he won't bother. And he pays a bunch of people to help him with that. I can't even believe I"m talking about this. It's so not happening.

Kim left a bad taste in my mouth with her first CD and the duet with Clay; just seemed like it was done to get Clay fans to buy her CD and increase her sales and I hate that kind of manipulation. If they had done a duet on her third or fourth CD, I could see that, but on a first CD it just comes across like they knew she didn't have a big fanbase and wanted to tap into Clays and I think that stinks. It kind of makes me sad that some of you think those of us who are truly upset by this news are a form of amusement; I find that rather disrespectful of our opinions.

Kim

With all due respect - we don't know whose idea the duet was. The label may have pushed it on Kim. It may have been Clay's idea. He and Kim were roomies at the time and maybe HE wanted to do it with her. Maybe it was Kim's idea, but not as a way to manilpulate Clay's fans but rather just because she wanted to do a duet with Clay. It was right after AI. It was reasonable to think there were many who liked BOTH Clay and Kim. Not to mention, in this day and age if you liked the song you could just download that ONE song and not buy the whole album.

I don't think its fair to dislike Kim based on this when none of us know what happened and when the most likely scenario was that Clay and Kim wanted to do the duet.

When will this fandom stop worrying about who is trying to screw Clay (and not in the good way!) and who is trying to destroy Clay's career and who is trying to use Clay and manipluate Clay etc, etc, etc.? I find that line of thinking insulting to Clay! Give the man some credit! He is smart and strong and stubborn. He is not some wimpy little creature with no backbone. His name may be Clay but I do not believe for one second he is as malleable as his namesake.

What's DCAT stand for?

Felix "DCat"! Drummer boy!!! Who thinks Vermont is a city! :lol:

thats true but here in FCA it also means the Doing Clay Aiken Tour...which is our nickname for the 2007 summer tour.

Kim I think this whole is hilarious but I don't mean it as disrespect for your's or anyone elses' opinions. I just always find it a hoot how Message Boards go crazy over rumors and speculation and it was a given that THIS particular bit of rumor (or fact) was going to cause some major explosions.

I'm really sorry if you take it personally as it's not meant that way at all.

ditto....again, we will all have different reactions to this so we have to remember that nothing here is personal. The fact that I am actually excited about this is not meant invalidate other people's anxiety. I think we will be able to get through this discussion if we remember that.

DCAT - Doing Clay Aiken tour??? :lol: I think that's so cool - I may shorten it to DCA if that's okay!

I thought the question related to the story earlier of the WDC when Felix DCat flubbed the Vermont line and Clay couldn't start WDC because he was cracking up.

Both work!! :lol:

AIKim...I was NOT directing my BWAHs! at you or anyone who happens to think it's a good idea or bad idea....I was getting a kick out of the very PREDICTABLE message board melodrama, that's all. I've come to a point where some reactions of some posters have become so VERY, VERY expected that their posts are in a very twisted way entertaining...that's MY sickness, not yours or anyone else's! Please don't take my silliness as a personal attack...

If this 'tour' DOES materialize (I happen to be very skeptical that it will---for many reasons), then I hope it's successful, that Clay has a blast doing it and that the people who do decide to go, enjoy it and feel that they get their money's worth. If it doesn't happen, I hope the people who DON'T want it to, feel less anxious and concerned about his career.

I want world peace and enough food for everyone on the planet. :lilredani::cryingwlaughter:

But I'm still getting a kick out of some of the angst and psuedo expertise being bandied about on various boards. Just because I'm a silly goose and am easily amused like that. :rolleyes:

Oh, and BTW....for anyone wishing to read some really, really VERY goofy (but still hot) stuff, you can read "Clay Acres" on Clayversity...I'm not sure it's at EAYOR on RHT. I'll check...

Clay Acres

And again....I apologize if my BWAHs hurt anybody...they were NOT meant to be directed at any one person's opinion. Message board communication dangers again, I guess....

Sorry. I'm off to bed...G'night, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

In the Billboard article, Kim seems to think it's a "tour" and not merely a charity concert or special, limited anniversary appearance. As I said, I like both her and Ruben. However, I think they need the money and exposure of a real tour, and that that's what they're aiming for. The fact that this story appears in Billboard, and that Kim seems so specific (discussing duets, etc.), to me, makes this a little bit more than mere rumor or speculation.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is something she, Ruben and Clay just chatted about informally ("Hey, wouldn't it be great if we could tour together!") and not something that has been fully researched, planned, and signed.

I hope it doesn't come to fruition. If it does, I'll live with it. I may even go if it's nearby.

(((AIKim))), I don't find the fact the expression of concern very funny either.

I am optimistic that this shall pass..we will get used to the idea...then we find out it ain't happening then we laugh at how silly we reacted...

or it happens and Clay is his usual great self...we get overdosed on Clack...and his career will be fine.

((((to those anxious and upset))))

night all...

If this story has any basis in fact, I could be happy about it if it were an AI sponsored special event tour. Because I do think AI owes Ruben and Clay and Kim, but especially Clay, for sending that show to another level, ratings wise. And in order to fully satisfy me, they would have to include some of the classics from AI2. If this is an opportunity to hear Clay sing full blown, live versions of DLTSGDOM, and TLS, and BMUB, and MTK -- where do I sign up? They could have a nice long show, and Clay would steal it, of course.

I think that this is something Clay could be interested in doing if its profitable, especially since he counts Ruben and Kim as friends. I wouldn't think it's indicative of anything negative regarding Clay's career. It would be further confirmation of what a generous man Clay is, both personally and professionally.

Don't know why I'm dropping this in the middle of things but here it is...something else to think about. We have what we call fast forward chats..where we discuss a designated topic for 15-20 minutes then move to the next subject. Our last one can be found here. It's actually fun with the ticking clock component.

We would like to schedule one in the next week or so. The last one was on the weekend but perhaps we could do it during the week before the television season begins in earnest.

Topics suggested thus far:

SHIPPING CLAY

what were you doing with all this time before Clay

"blowtorched puppies"

your eveolving fandom what is it about clay that causes folks to have such widely divergent opinions on who he is and every single person thinks they are absolutely right

The good, the bad, the facts of life of .... fan parties Can they be too large?

SAM??? doing a good job???

the voice and its evolution...

Clay and TV: What role will it have in his career

superstar or entertainer...does Clay have to choose or can he have all..

tabloid media - how does Clay combat it.

If you have any other ideas, please add here by Tuesday.

We'll try to get a feel for a date and then announce by Wednesday.

Must give myself these deadlines or it won't happen

I don't know...I think this will be up to the fans but I think it won't be as bad cos I don;t see Ruben with a big passionate fanbase anymore. This won't be like the last time they were together cos Clay clearly has the upper hand now.

You rang? Ruben has very little nternet presence anymore, but the few people who did not like Clay and Clay fans still exist and post. this will be fodder for them, they will not be happy. Your innocent comment about Clay having the upper hand would not sit well at all with them. remember, Ruben won........

I really see no evidence that Ruben didn't work hard. He couldn't sell out a 600 folk venue right after Idol. I don't think that has anything to do with him being late for a couple of concerts. I think there was one that he missed entirely that caused a lot of problems but really how many have there been in 5 years. Some people can be a touring act - others just can't. I think I read R&B and hip may be all over the radio radio radio but as but just aren't touring commodoties. Ruben does fine with a group, or in fair situations, or with others in the lineup, just not alone.

Let me take this opportunity to fill in a little information about Ruben hat is generally not discussed on Clay boards. Ruben was really not well toward the end of AI and he saw the company doctors (you know about company doctors, right?). The doctors told him he was just fine and to press on. He had walking pnuemonia nad it took about a year to diagnose. Suposedly, he had to lie down between songs on the AI tour and on the AI special. On the down side, his more successful appearances have been with the lowest rung of Idol contenders (including william Hung).

When will this fandom stop worrying about who is trying to screw Clay (and not in the good way!) and who is trying to destroy Clay's career and who is trying to use Clay and manipluate Clay etc, etc, etc.? I find that line of thinking insulting to Clay! Give the man some credit! He is smart and strong and stubborn. He is not some wimpy little creature with no backbone. His name may be Clay but I do not believe for one second he is as malleable as his namesake.

The fandom? Never, too many mommies.

Not to slow the subject down for awhile, but oh what the hell, I'm gonna try! :)

Since I ordered Clay's crooner CD from CD Universe, I've been getting promo emails from them. I laughed out loud when I saw one of the new holiday CDs.

Anyone remember that really popular compilation from the 80's, "Monster Ballads"? I flove that CD - great stuff! Well, there's now a Monster Ballads Christmas CD - it's hitting on Sept 11th - order your copy now! bwah! For some reason, this really CMSU tonight! http://tinyurl.com/3ckxqh

Songlist:

1. Jingle Bells - Skid Row

2. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - Winger

3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Jani Lane

4. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Twisted Sister/Lita Ford

5. White Christmas - Queensryche

6. Run Rudolph Run - L.A. Guns

7. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Firehouse

8. Naughty Naughty Christmas - Danger Danger

9. Blue Christmas - Tom Keifer

10. Jingle Bell Rock - Nelson

11. Silent Night - Faster Pussycat

12. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Dokken

13. Happy Holiday - Enuff Z'nuff

14. Winter Wonderland - Stryper

15. Christmas Love - Billy Idol

I think I'll save my $'s and wait until they come out with 'Monster Ballads for Kids' - can't wait to hear Dee Snider crank out Barney's 'I love you, you love me' . . .

Here's a pretty to get that picture out of everyone's head :) G'night all!

100_3367t.jpg