#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

I've prepared fpr tonight, I have a spread sheet, I will link to it. I wonder if I can get it into photobucket.

Play, I went back over to chat to take a look at your spreadsheet, it was interesting. Also, I didn't know Invisible was sold as a single. How did I miss that? Was it downloads or something?

I'm so happy for you couchie. Looking forward to two more years of FCA.

I don't know if anyone brought over the post on CV that the supposed 2007 Christmas dvd as shown on Amazon is now at Best Buy. It was mumm fums that posted it. It'll be interesting to see what turns up. I learned after AIW that I had better not wait to order anything.

I wonder if they could be planning to do a DVD of the songs from the Skating Event?

While most folks are in chat I want to take a moment to express my gratitude for your donations to FCA today. I've caught up with the thread and please, there is no need for monthly contributions. After today we really are set for a good long e time - at least 2 years and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We'll do the upgrade..look into other available features and let you know how the money is used.

couchie I don't need to know how the money is used. Just knowing FCA will be here another two years is fine with me!

Chat is fun even if I didn't get here in time to post.

FYI Crooners Christmas is $5.88 online pre-order at Wal Mart

Edited by merrieeee

Gibby, how in the world did you capture all of those funny smutty poemy thingys? Good Job!

Aw, thanks, Toots! Just did the old copy and paste.

The Suessicals were awesome. You guys are soooo funny.

I would do him gainst a wall

I would do him short or tall... tee hee

I would do him in a LUVsac

But... forget about any clack

I would do him in a pinch

Loving him would be a cinch

Very cute! I loved it.

Couchie, could you please post the paypal addy again? I missed you yesterday but hope to make the chat tonight.

ETA: er...if I add a few more bucks, can we disengage the edit counter? :fca:

Yes, yes, to getting rid of the edit counter!!!!

Play, I went back over to chat to take a look at your spreadsheet, it was interesting. Also, I didn't know Invisible was sold as a single. How did I miss that? Was it downloads or something?

I think invisible is digital downloads because The Way was the opposite side of Solitaire and it looks like Clay's Mom finally got rid of all her copies, I still have quite a few left, maybe I'll donate some to the next contest. That was the only one that didn't sell. A sales misstep, I think that is why they added it to MOAM.

The reason behind the spread sheet was that so many people want "respect" for Clay, yet they think he has to be a billion album seller with the next CD to prove worthy. I picked Tony Bennett, I could have picked others, because so many people had mentioned respect like he gets. All told he did not make his money by selling records but by touring in small clubs and television. Some of the psths of yore are gone now, but I can understand why he would do that.

Now I have to pack my car and take off for the weekend - Yea, beach!!!

Yes, yes, to getting rid of the edit counter!!!!

There really is no counter. No matter how many times I edit it just tells you that I've edited.

See...?

No counter.

And again...

And again...

So...this is my fifth edit and it could just have well been my first. No counter. The only thing that changes is the time.

Edited by jamar1700

I keep seeing posts about audio recommendations so I stopped by that thread and I see this:

What's Happening - Solo

Gimme a Break - Solo

should we have a time limit for the recommendation??? September 30

I know I didn't volunteer in a drunken stupor since I don't drink alcohol. Long story short, it's not gonna happen if I'm responsible for those songs. I didn't even like the TV Medleys that much and Clay isn't even singing. Most importantly, I only have 4 GB left on my laptop hard drive and can't download every TV Medley clip. Y'all are going to have to find some other sucker noble individual to do these recommendations.

Solo, you need help chickie? Would you cease with the fucking whining if I did them for you? My reward will be to never get thumped on the head...o.k?

Just a close-out-the-day thank you for the birthday greetings. My co-workers made it a lovely day, and seeing all the beautiful messages here just added to the specialness!! I saw my family for a while tonight and also had a good bit of the evening for me - we'll do our celebration this weekend. Thank you so much for the wishes and hugs. Very, very special. Thank you. :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Anybody know what happened to the CB, I get a message from ezboard that the site no longer exists.

Yup I just came here to see if anyone knows what happened, wanted to make sure it wasn't just the FCA link that was messed up.

FYI Crooners Christmas is $5.88 online pre-order at Wal Mart

Cool! Hopefully I can pick it up when I am in Vegas (or someone can bring me one) because it's not showing on the Canadian Walmart site....

The CB is down now? Wow, with ClayOnline still offline, some people are probably having the shakes!

The Clayboard isn't down, it's just that the old ezboard links are no longer viable. They migrated to Yuku at the beginning of the month, but the ezboard links were forwarding. They aren't any longer.

This is a working link:

http://theclayboard.yuku.com/directory

Edited by cindilu2

The Clayboard isn't down, it's just that the old ezboard links are no longer viable. They migrated to Yuku at the beginning of the month, but the ezboard links were forwarding. They aren't any longer.

This is a working link:

http://theclayboard.yuku.com/directory

Thanks for the info and the new link. The link on FCA was not working...now it does...cool.

So I guess a lot of the boards are doing some changes. The FCA Forum changes will start on Sunday...

I'm so happy for you couchie. Looking forward to two more years of FCA.

Playbiller, I saw you in chat trying to tempt me to get out the candy corn. But I am so much stronger than that.

I don't know if anyone brought over the post on CV that the supposed 2007 Christmas dvd as shown on Amazon is now at Best Buy. It was mumm fums that posted it. It'll be interesting to see what turns up. I learned after AIW that I had better not wait to order anything.

Do you mean Best Buy online or the physical store? When I went to the Best Buy website it shows the release date as 8/28/07. I'm getting confuseder and confuseder. Best Buy

This would be so exciting if it is something new, but I just can't imagine having a new product come out with no promotion or marketing at all.

Hmmmm.....I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak in a trip to Best Buy before I have to go work at the town festival this afternoon? We don't have a Best Buy in our town (small town), but there's one about 15 miles from here.

Good morning FCA!

:00003653: aikim! Hope you have a wonderful day, and a wonderful weekend with hubby!

Also, happy birthday to Lucia -- a Brazilian Clay fan! Wow!

I guess I need to start listening to my BYLMs....although I actually did work on that a bit earlier in the week. Not sure if I'll be finished by next Sunday, though....

Off to spend this beautiful fall day -- shopping! Sam's Club, the ultimate of consumerism. But we're also going to Circuit City (Lost season two on sale CHEAP, plus an FM receiver for my iPod) and an apple orchard. I used to not care for apples at all -- until I discovered that it was just I didn't like Red Delicious apples (I can go with "red" but "delicious"? Nuh huh). I like Jonagolds and Fuji's (the last thanks to Clay *g*).

Happy birthday, aikim!!! Thanks for sending us off with a smile to begin each day!

Lucia, Happy Birthday! Hope this is right.... "Parabéns pra você, nesta data querida. Muitas felidicades, muitos anos de vida."

AnAmeraikenInTX, belated Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for your beautiful pictures and fanfic recommendation on chat yesterday!

<snip> getting half a dozen people from point a to point b on time without anyone getting left behind or killing each other <snip>
If there's anyone who can get people to a concert no matter where weather or traffic or lost purses flung them, it's Solo. For the Newark concert, she was going to pick up 3 of us at the airport (Newark, natch) but because of thunderstorms in the area not a single one of us ended up there -- PerusingOne took JFK instead, KAndre was supposed to fly into LaGuardia via Philly and I took a different flight into Philly. She and Damien plowed through traffice on the turnpike while simultaneously giving directions to PerusingOne on how to get to the hotel... in short, we all made it. If you need to get to a Clay Aiken concert, you can always count on Solo. (The pre-party's an entirely different matter :medium-smiley-070: though she'll try her best. We did get to playbiller's Newark preparty where the seafood was to die for!)

However, the most entertaining ride belongs to KAndre! If Knotsberry Farms ever opens an Annex in Pala, they should just trace the route we took to the concert and it'll be their most popular thrill ride ever. (And btw, KAndre and I made it to the concert too!!!)

Off to spend this beautiful fall day -- shopping! Sam's Club, the ultimate of consumerism. But we're also going to Circuit City (Lost season two on sale CHEAP, plus an FM receiver for my iPod) and an apple orchard. I used to not care for apples at all -- until I discovered that it was just I didn't like Red Delicious apples (I can go with "red" but "delicious"? Nuh huh). I like Jonagolds and Fuji's (the last thanks to Clay *g*).
Take me with you, please!!! (I like Fuji's and Gala's too)

Happy Birthday, Aikim... thanks for the countdown, too!

:00003653:

Really enjoyed chat last night! I thought I typed fast, but by the time I got a reply button hit, we were on the next page... wow! The drama... the contraversy... the angst.... :cryingwlaughter:

I have my song almost done... I have picked out the best one, but am still working on the Honorable Mention one. When I am finished, is there someone who can convert my selections to MP3's, cause it ain't me. LOL