#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Show!

22 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

48 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

51 Days until The Skating Show Airs!

64 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

75 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Okay, I give up! I have gone into My Controls to correct the board time and I cannot get it back an hour...any ideas?

Kim

aikim, I did it by unchecking the DST auto adjust, setting the correct time according to the GMT chart and then checking the DST box again. It was a three step process, but it worked.

Las Vegas skating commercial on YouTube...giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, it's grand...

:F_05BL17blowkiss: It worked! Turns out I wasn't even on Central Time, that was the problem!

Love the commercial!

Kim

Morning! Just to confuse the issue, I have to catch a really early shuttle to the airport tomorrow for work, so I'm "saving" my extra hour until tonight :cryingwlaughter: The things we do to our minds!

Question: I'd like to do both a Clay and a family calendar for next year. Can anyone tell me from their experience, which are good sites and which might let me actually use my Clay pics for a calendar without copyright issues? (The Clay calendar is of course for my own use only)

Here's an ad for the Erie christmas concert.

http://yourerie.com/content/fulltext/?cid=5369

Well at least it's something. As late as Friday, I still couldn't find anything on their site that said he was playing there. Maybe I just missed it, but if I was LOOKING hard and couldn't find it, how is a casual fan supposed to know? Hopefully the crazy Claymate's getting attention did some good this time! :-)

((((playbiller)))) Jeez, woman, that's awful. Can I tell you how impressed I am that you're still on track to go though? Only for the Aiken!!

No time to read, I have a few timed minutes here at the "internet station" at the hotel. LOL. We arrived in Vegas safe and sound yesterday morning and rented a car. Went to an iHop for brekky and ran into a nice woman from Alberta while waiting for our table. She asked what shows we were going to and when we told her she said she really wanted to go to Holiday On Ice but wasn't sure her elderly mom would like it. Hee, I told her Clay Aiken was singing and she said "I know! That's why I want to go!" BWAH. Was a good start to our trip. So we drove out to Baker, CA to visit the tallest thermometer in the world (don't ask) and then back to LV to check into our hotel. Man, the mountains here are gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it. Then we drove the other direction out to Arizona, and then through the mountains to St. George, Utah. Unbelievably breathtaking scenery, we took so many pictures. Had dinner there and then drove back to the hotel in LV. Headed over across the street and checked out the MGM and New York, New York. Just to stand on the bridge over Las Vegas Blvd and look down the strip, all lit up, was amazing. Today we are picking FearofH2O up at 9 am and heading out to Hoover Dam. Unfortunately she told me last night on the phone that playbiller broke her foot. I sure hope she can still get here!

Oh, yesterday while driving down I15 we saw the Clay billboard! I didn't have time to get a picture of it, but I'm sure someone has already done so.

OK, time is running out. Tonight we go to see the Beatles Love show and look around the strip. Can't wait!

luckiest1 and luckiestjr, glad to see you're having fun! You know we're going to want to see ALL those pictures when you get back!

playbiller, I neglected to add earlier my horror over your story! Been there, done that with the early AM flights. I applaud your stick-to-it-iveness; hope the rest of the trip is a joy, and your foot gets better ASAP.

Only because you can't go to Las Vegas, eh bottle? :whistling-1: Now if you were there.... :whistling-1: ....and by the way who has rotten Honecrisps? I'm eating one for breakfast. Damn those apples are good.

CarolinaClay, you play the violin? I knew you gave lessons on some musical instrument but didn't realize it was the violin. If I had my life to live over, the violin would be in it with me. I love beautiful violin music.

Play, Play, Play...you have been the subject of some real life shit lately. :cry4: I hope you get to LV and enjoy yourself but I guess this little incident will stop you from skating to Clay's singing. :20: Take care of that footsie so it doesn't heal incorrectly.

luckiest, the most beautiful mountains I've ever seen (somewhat limited) are the Canadian Rockies with the Sierra Nevada (eastern side) running second.

play, I'm so sorry about your foot! Take care, okay? We'll have to help you out in Vegas and carry things for you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The Broads redesigned Clay's Spamalot costume. I think it's a definite improvement. What does everybody else think?

spamalot_tights_flat_1_1.jpg

:clap: Now THAT"S what I'm talkin' about! Please, please Baby Jesus, let them redesign Sir Robin's costume especially for Clay. Which brings me to something I've been wondering about for awhile. Please forgive my ignorance, but....are tights for men made differently than tights for women? Do they sew them with extra room in the front? Or do they just cut a hole in them to allow the goods to breathe? I'm worried about bendage. Eight performances a week for 4 months - could that cause any permanent damage?

Playbiller, I'm so sorry to hear about your foot! If I had a broken foot I would milk that injury for everything I could get out of it....no housework, no work, getting waited on hand-and-foot. Until a Clay appearance came along, then I'd be up and out the door so fast it would make my head spin. I couple of years ago I had a hysterectomy...I laid around the house like an invalid for 7 weeks...until it was time for Clay's concert, then I made a miraculous recovery! :cryingwlaughter: What can I say? Clay's good for whatever ails you!

Hey, remember those 6 huge Honeycrisp apples I bought last week? Or week before? Well, I'm proud to say that I only have 1 1/2 left to go!

When exactly does Clay tape the ice skating thingy? I'm so anxiously awaiting Clack. luckiest, you're living up to your name this weekend! It sounds like you're having a great time. Actually I'm green with jellusy, but y'all can't see that. :(

I'm not for certain regarding the tights for men thing....but...I believe there is a pouch for the goods. I think it is somewhat like a jock strap dealy.

I could be completely wrong, I often am.

JJ- I smiled when I read your post. Where can we do this research on tights and how they hold it all together? LOL!!! :whistling-1:

Which brings me to something I've been wondering about for awhile. Please forgive my ignorance, but....are tights for men made differently than tights for women? Do they sew them with extra room in the front? Or do they just cut a hole in them to allow the goods to breathe? I'm worried about bendage. Eight performances a week for 4 months - could that cause any permanent damage?

(the bendage part made me :cryingwlaughter: )

Well, according to my theater costuming daughter, the answer is yes they are designed differently. They have more crotch room and are made without the hips that curve out.

...forgot to say they wear a jock strap thingy under the tights...it's called a dance belt.

JJ- I smiled when I read your post. Where can we do this research on tights and how they hold it all together? LOL!!! :whistling-1:

Well, here's some info on men's tights that have a working codpiece. Looks like a good idea. :cryingwlaughter:

http://www.purpleunicorn.shoppingcartsplus...menstights.html

If you scroll midway down this page, you can watch a video on how they are.... constructed.

http://www.purpleunicorn.com/home.html

Well looky there....we have a jock strap dealy and a jock strap thingy! Bwahahhahahaha!

I would volunteer to do all the research. No, really...I don't mind. I have the time and I am SURE it would be a positive experience.

Have you ever seen the movie with Chevy Chase when he gets the special powers and puffs up the man dancer's crotchal area on stage? That's sort/kinda what I think Clay will look like in his tighty-tights!!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: That website has KING SIZED!!!! Those small, medium and large just aint gonna cut it!!!

Good Afternoon, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Luckiest1, thnx for the report! Love your NJU story! I am a great fan of the mountains and architecture of the Southwest. I graudated from UT-El Paso, and that was major culture shock for young bride, very different from Carolina! :lol:

Sending more good vibes for Playbiller! :big hug:

CarolinaClay, you play the violin? I knew you gave lessons on some musical instrument but didn't realize it was the violin. If I had my life to live over, the violin would be in it with me. I love beautiful violin music.

Toots, my major instruments are oboe and cello. However, when I taught orchestra, I used a violin to demonstrate -- much easier to carry around than a cello. :lol:

My new Roomba has taken its maiden voyage. Poor baby had to stop after half a room to recharge. My living room was in dire need of deep cleaning, so we are in the middle of that job. Roomba had a time with the pedals on my grand piano. I'm sure this will end up in a blog. :cryingwlaughter:

Y'all have a great day! :P

Caro listen.gif

Awwww...I just knew y'all would come through on the men's tights information. :F_05BL17blowkiss: A 'dance belt', huh? I've heard mention of dance belts, but had no clue what they were. Thanks for the link, ducky. JJ, I noticed the extra-large codpieces, too. Gee, I don't know what drew my attention to them. :28: I'm thinking Boyfriend may need to have one custom made.

Ok, I rarely mention this to anyone, but Clay Aiken had his hands on my butt. Yeah, see, doesn't that make you gasp? :believeitornot: The reality of it was we were in close quarters for our M&G and he needed to get around in back of me and my big fat ass was invading his space, so he just sort of skooched around me by sort of moving my butt over.

I've never known if I should be all :nanadance2::Thud::yess: because it happened, or all :chair: :blink: because my ass was so big.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

You lucky gal. I hope you kept that outfit you wore. that will have clay's DNA and fingerprint. you own part of him. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can't get over it. he positioned you :hubbahubba:

Morning! Just to confuse the issue, I have to catch a really early shuttle to the airport tomorrow for work, so I'm "saving" my extra hour until tonight :cryingwlaughter: The things we do to our minds!

Question: I'd like to do both a Clay and a family calendar for next year. Can anyone tell me from their experience, which are good sites and which might let me actually use my Clay pics for a calendar without copyright issues? (The Clay calendar is of course for my own use only)

I have used York Photo for years for all things Clay - calendars, throws, mugs, t-shirts,mousepads, picture books - and they have never had an issue with the copyright. Sometimes I have made things from my own pictures, of course, but sometimes not.

That cuteness belnd is sooooooooooo CUTE!!!

That montage of the lost medley was sooooo CUTE.

Clay in tights..... Well, its rather awe-inspriring!

Had my first honeycrisp apple (organic!) yesterday. Man - that was a good apple!!

{{{{Play}}}} I feel so bad for you. You know, a friend of mine went to the Vegas IT concert with a broken foot. Maybe its something about seeing Clay in Vegas....

Hope you get there and hope you manage to have fun if you do!

Thank goodness for the extra hour sleep. I have a million things to do today and at least this way I feel rested for procrastinating!

:chores003::chores009::chores012::chores007::treadmill::countingsheep:

P.S. Where is that CUTE "Clay is cute" emotion muski posted yesterday!! It was so, well, so, CUTE!!!

And I think this page needs a reminder of just how cute Clay is!

philly1_edited-1.jpg