#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

I want one! I want one! Can I have one ? Can I? Can I? ::merrieeee stamps feet, pounds the floor and whines like a bad four year old::

I love the bears. All I need is the costume 'cos I have lots of bears. How did you make the tunic? What fabric did you use?

Those are too CUTE, Cotton!!

Happy Birthday, skybar! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

bdayreading113005.jpg

But I think for this album, I'm just going to go to WalMart at midnight, pick up my copy, and take it home with me. Listen to it once, come here to FCA and post my initial reactions, listen to it again, and then go to bed, dreaming the entire night of Clay's wonderful voice. I guess I don't feel the need to "share" this experience with so many people this time; I'd rather it just be "me and Clay."

Oh yeah? I thinking of not getting it until *gasp* morning this go round. :cryingwlaughter:

eta....cute bear .... great review :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You want to know a dirty little secret? I've never gone to get a Clay CD at midnight. I always wait until morning. It started with MOAM. I was going to go to the CD release party, but we were having the most god-awful, scary storm that night and I was afraid to go out. I was so relieved that I was able to find a CD first thing in the morning on my way to work. Then for subsequent albums I just did the same thing. No problemo. But, as you well know, I'm not in to the party scene. :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu2

But do yourselves a favour and DON'T miss goldarngirl and luckiest1's tour montages. They are the best!!!

I just downloaded their Canandaigua SRHP montages, loved them and look forward to the time when goldarngirl and luckiest1's have done Sterling Heights since that was the one concert of the SRHP tour I was able to attend.

I've been musing about the progression of my fanhood. I went to Star Search in Vancouver but didn't consider going to the Gala because of the expense. Then last summer, since I was back east anyway, I went the Sterling Heights concert, didn't consider going to Los Vegas cause I'd already bought tickets to the Minneapolis concerts. (I now shake my head over missing that opportunity). In April, I'm off to NY for 5 days to 2 probably 3 performances and touring NY with 3 Winnipeg fan friends and who knows what will happen this summer. It just gets easier and easier. Two years ago I'd have never believed that it was possible for me.

Cotton Those are such cute teddy bears.

And cindilu2

I found Aflack's Block Party montage (Get This Party Started) in my files... here's a sendspace.
Thanks.

Thanks!

So, what do y'all think?

With the chicken (I live in Hicksville - this is the only chicken I could find!!)?

or without the chicken?

th_IMG_3337.jpg th_IMG_3342.jpg

ETA:

I'm glad y'all like 'em!

This is my Poor Woman's Sir Robin Bear!

I had plans of chain mail on the arms and even shoulder and elbow guards when I started. But I'm on a limited budget and they are gifts!!

So - I went to Walmart and they had all the Valentine bears on sale. I got these ( they aren't articulated) were 70¢ each!

Fabric = an old pair of cotton twill slacks I had put in my purge bag!

Chain Mail = I found this sweater I was also giving away. It's cool, huh?

I just wish I had ordered the rubber chickens when I saw them posted.

Sadly - I thought I had bought 9 bears and bought only 8!

DH looked today and they were all gone! He got a smaller one - so somebody gets the little guy in the middle of the pack!

For the tunic, I made a paper pattern and just cut the tunic with pinking shears, so no sewing, no lining, etc.

The belt is my favorite (and took a lot of time). If you look closely, you'll see a brass ring on the belt. Jewelry findings.

For the check and chick - I used the iron on T-shirt transfer printer paper!

Worked pretty good!

They're simple but Cute!

Now I have to cook something for tomorrow - we're each bringing a SPAM dish to our SPAMSLAM!! hee

You want to know a dirty little secret? I've never gone to get a Clay CD at midnight. I always wait until morning.

Me, either. I didn't get MOAM until my way home from work on the day of release. It was so hard to wait, but I didn't have time to go in the morning. I still remember the anticipation while struggling with the shrink wrap. I hadn't heard any of the clips and could barely wait to get it in my car CD player. I don't remember when I got the others (baaaaad fan), but we listened to ATDW in advance anyway, didn't we? For this one.... who knows, I might just go to a CD release party.

:cryingwlaughter: Probably not. But you never know. It could be fun.

Definitely WITHOUT. The bears are adorable, cotton!

With the chicken (I live in Hicksville - this is the only chicken I could find!!)?

or without the chicken?

:cryingwlaughter:

I'd say without. Definately without. Sorry. A bit toooo henny-penny for a spamabear.

hee

Thanks!

Guess I have a head start on somebody's Easter basket, huh?

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

From the OFC (with permission) via CV:

BFS post from OFC. Say is was OK to post. Adding my eeeeeee here too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thdancingbananalove.gif)

early dismissal from work was a sign to get a sro ticket. so i did and while i purchased it i chatted up the very cordial box office guy.Newsweek critic was there last night...Linda someone...her review should be out soon, maybe this weekend. i told him how good the ap review was...he was pleased.

he mentioned nice the fans are.

he also mentioned that the critics are scheduled through the next few weeks.

he said that Clay has been improving, and that Mike Nichols has been in every week to give notes, so Clay can keep getting better...he wouldn't be surprised if Clay is offered a lead.

also said the solo was re-orchestrated bC Clay can sing

and he said Clay's time cannot be extended bc Clay has concets to perform, that he will be off foe a week and then start his concets...take it for wha it's worth.

he did mention that he talks to Jerome.

JennaZ !

Wow!

Thanks for bringing that over. So good to hear the Mike N. has been nurturing Clay in the role!

You don't nurture something you don't expect to grow!!!

Lead?!

I guess that means future, huh? I though he was playing a lead right now.

Of course that's an ensemble cast so maybe that's the difference.

I'm wondering if the concerts are the David Foster Gala commitments. I don't think those have been done yet, right? It can't be the album tour, can it???

Although, I'll take the tour whenever he dishes it!! :cryingwlaughter:

oh god I'm going to have to start streetwalking for extra money aren't I. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yay for the fantastic review. I'm glad this one is out there and will probably get wide distribution. And that it was by someone who does it for a living makes it all the sweeter. I didn't mind the EW one yesterday but I LOL because this one today seemed to be a direct response to it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYBAR

Thanks for the review links!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yay!

Love it!

Here's what I've been working on!

They're for our local gathering tomorrow.

But - I'm having trouble anticipating letting them go!!!

How bad is that?!

th_IMG_3330.jpg th_IMG_3337.jpg

Oh, Cotton, how cute!!! I want one. I collect teddy bears. :clap:

cha cha, have a safe trip tomorrow, and have a fantastic time!

Cotton -- I WANT ONE OF THOSE BEARS!!!! *sigh* Where do you live? Could I fly there real fast to get one from you? I have PayPal!

cindilu, once again you have outdone yourself. Fantastic wallpapers!

:word::perfect10:

I adore the AP review. The fact that it's from a serious drama critic is more than wonderful. Some of these so-called "reviews" don't ring true to me, the EW review being one of them. I was wondering on the ride home tonight if some of these reviewers bother to actually see the show or just throw up a Clay Aiken review for web hits, and basically play to the "cool" cynics. Then I get home and see a link to this story on the MSNBC home page that speaks directly to such things. In this case the Black Crowes are charging that a reviewer for Maxim slammed their new album without hearing it. The payoff is this:

The band’s manager, Pete Angelus, said the magazine explained that its review was an "educated guess."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23300690/

My opinion is that fans should make an effort to totally ignore comments and especially reviews from sources that are not reputable and from critics who have no credentials. They're just whores. I'm sorry, but that's all they are.

Wow, KeepingFaith..very interesting. What in hell has happened to integrity or taking pride in a job well done. Speaking of which I kinda found a new attitude about my own job today and actually had a good day. Spent half the day reorganizing and cleaning.

I'm watching basketball and I had to laugh because my ears perked up at the word Idol... the one of the guys calling the game had brought up some town and the other one was like..I know where that is..I'm not like that girl from American Idol that had never heard of Budapest or Hungary LOL. He only saw the half of it.

2008 has been great thus far in Clay world no? I just really felt it would be. So much to look forward to.

oh god I'm going to have to start streetwalking for extra money aren't I. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

My husband once told me I wouldn't get very far with the 25 cents I'd make!

I posed this question at the CH and never did get a definate response...so here goes! In the "Not Yet Dead" scene Robin says he has a brother who is a guard. Then is the guard he plays in the "Prince Herbert/Lancelot comes out" scene his brother? Prince Herbert says that you can see Lancelot pumping at the Camelot YMCA so the palace is close to there.....see I really need to get a life!!!

I'm still in a post reviewal glow! Anyone got a Gauloise?

I have to tell you there is nothing better than calling up a fellow Clay obssesive fan and eeeing over a great bit of press!

::waves::

My husband once told me I wouldn't get very far with the 25 cents I'd make!

I posed this question at the CH and never did get a definate response...so here goes! In the "Not Yet Dead" scene Robin says he has a brother who is a guard. Then is the guard he plays in the "Prince Herbert/Lancelot comes out" scene his brother? Prince Herbert says that you can see Lancelot pumping at the Camelot YMCA so the palace is close to there.....see I really need to get a life!!!

I'm still in a post reviewal glow! Anyone got a Gauloise?

I have to tell you there is nothing better than calling up a fellow Clay obssesive fan and eeeing over a great bit of press!

::waves::

I'm not positive about this, but wasn't the 'brother who's a guard' line added for Clay? In which case, the Swamp Castle guard wouldn't be his brother (since the character was there before Clay).

ETA: I checked the DHP youtube, and he doesn't say the 'brother who's a guard' line. You know, I know I'm biased, but when I watch those clips they just seem to be... missing something. And I'm not just talking about Clay (shuddup!). This current cast just brings a spark of joy? playfulness? to the show that just doesn't come across on those clips. I know it's not fair to compare live to fuzzy video, but still...

EATA, to 00lsee downthread: I don't think the tower guard and Robin are supposed to be the same person either. But I don't think Robin and the drunken guard at Swamp Castle are supposed to be brothers (even if they look quite alike *g*). Robin's brother is a guard in Camelot - the drunken guard is in Swamp Castle. Clay's characters to me are the tower guard, Robin (pre-knighthood)+ Sir Robin (with a slightly snootier accent and bearing), Drunken Guard, and Brother Maynard (who got funnier/sterner each time I saw him).

I'm getting in just under the wire to wish skybar :00003653:

cotton- adorable bears! People are so talented, it amazes me!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the AP review- now that's the kinda stuff I love to read- and give hits to!!!C'mon Newsweek and all you other critics- keep it coming!!! :clap:

I'm so looking forward to all of the good things coming up- and in just less than two weeks, I'll finally be there to see Brave Sir Robin in person! Don't know how I'm gonna last until then without completely jumping out of my skin........ :twinklewhore::flirtysmile3:

Speaking of which I kinda found a new attitude about my own job today and actually had a good day.

Couchie, this is so Twilight Zone....

Because I did the same thing today.

I had a good long talk with myself when I woke up at 4:12 am. I was just suddenly wide awake and stayed that way for over an hour. Just lay there and did some thinking.

And today...I just DECIDED that I was going to be all right. And that I was going to get some good work done. And that I was going to approach things with the attitude that I would finish them and do them well. And that I would NOT bitch and moan to anyone in the office about anything and....

And I had a good day.

And then...then I read the most amazing review of a most amazing man and his most recent amazing expression of his most amazing self....

And well....it has been a very good day.

By the way....can you spell "Muskifest"?

:lilredani:

Ithinkyacan!

M-O-O-D S-W-I-N-G-S

:cryingwlaughter:

I think the "I've got a brother who's a guard" was added purely as a nod to Brett...but just because the role of Prince Herbert's guard existed before this line was added doesn't mean (IMO) that him being Robin's brother is an impossibility, at least temporarily, while Clay is in the role. After all, they do look a lot alike, eh? I never thought the first guard was Robin because they seem to have a different flavor to them...I'd have to go back and look, but I don't the "swallow" scene and the "bring out your dead" scene was as connected in the movie....and don't think the characters were at all the same. Plus, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Robin to say he has a brother who is a guard if he himself is also a guard already. Is he also related to Brother Maynard? heh I just think they are three/four separate roles and I am trying too hard to find connections where maybe there aren't any. Just as all the original Monty Python people played different roles throughout the movie without seeming to make an effort to make their roles connected/logical in any way. One scene a peasant trying to burn a witch, the next a knight...

The AP review? I'm in heaven. Please, please, please, let this be a great year for Clay Aiken. He so deserves better treatment in the media. Please. LOVE the review. Did I mention I loved the review? Particularly since the person who said he was doing great is actually a "somebody" instead of some unknown pettish person at EW.

I'm also delighted to hear that Mike Nichols is taking such a personal interest in Clay's growth in the role, if that is actually true. I hope it is. I liked Hannah's early comment about him taking direction very well (or extremely well, can't remember). I just thought at the time it was an excellent sign. ;)