#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

puts on a face mask and gives Clay a cyber hug...

I've made a decent dent in organizing my clack - I have narrowed it down to my favorite 4,671 files! I've actually taken 438 files off my hard drive and onto two separate back up DVDs!

Claytonic, hundreds a couple of dozen a few a completely reasonable number of DVDs will be heading your way come Monday! In the first shipment at least. Which should get you through 2003.

What?!?!? I'm just sending her the bare minimum, I swear!

(((((Clay)))))

I think I started to love this show when i first listened to the soundtrack...i just loved the songs and the lyrics, they are so clever. Then thanks to 00lsee putting together the original clips...i ended up loving the whole show. There are just so many funny moments. I have to admit I laughed more with spamalot than the Holy Grail.

KF... all I know is that lance and the 2nd tower guard is played by the same person but I don;t think they are the same character.

Play I am glad to hear that he did not look sick. The adrenaline on stage probably helps from making it too obvious to the audience. Its a good thing he does not sing as much as LOTL.

(((((Clay)))))

I think I started to love this show when i first listened to the soundtrack...i just loved the songs and the lyrics, they are so clever. Then thanks to 00lsee putting together the original clips...i ended up loving the whole show. There are just so many funny moments. I have to admit I laughed more with spamalot than the Holy Grail.

KF... all I know is that lance and the 2nd tower guard is played by the same person but I don;t think they are the same character.

Play I am glad to hear that he did not look sick. The adrenaline on stage probably helps from making it too obvious to the audience. Its a good thing he does not sing as much as LOTL.

Oh, I agree. Watching the singing and dancing in Spamalot made Holy Grail seem painfully slow by comparison. heh

Awww...Get well soon, Clay. Doesn't surprise me, with all that's been going around this time of year, particularly in NY, apparently. (((Clay)))

You are all cracking me up with this discussion of the parts Clay plays and you are all delightfully insane. Not that I'm not because I am trying to figure it all out myself.

Me, too. Silly, but true. I was wondering if the nightwatchman was Robin. Robin Clegg :cryingwlaughter: .

Seems I'm making an unexpected trip to see Spamalot on Wednesday.... maybe it will become more clear to me then.

From CH;

Claysugar at CB wrote:

I have to share this with all of you! I work in a University in PA. and one of my students who was a senior last year(and a football player) from NY would tease me non stop what a dork Clay was and how could anyone like him. Well he is an accountant in a big company in NY City and called me today just to see how I was doing and I told him I was going to NY in April to see two plays and I mentioned "Jersey Boys" and "Spamalot" (I didn't tell him twice) and maybe we could meet for lunch. He said his cousin absolutely loved Spamalot and some new guy who plays Sir Robin was really really good, and I said, do you know who is playing Sir Robin? and he said no.LOL I couldn't wait to tell him who and he said NO WAY! Then he said, "I must have been wrong about Clay Aiken," because my cousin just raved about this guy, she went last week, so I know it was Clay. He said, well I guess I am going to have to go see this play for sure before the end of April. What joy I had in telling him this. Well anyway we are going to meet for lunch in April and it will be great to see him again, not as great as seeing Clay!!!

Eeep. {{{Clay}}} It was bound to happen, with all that's been going around. I hope he can get some rest and recuperate. I'd hate for him to have to miss a show or shows, but it might have to come down to that. Hopefully he can lay low Monday and kick it.

I am sorry but this is going to be a sullen post. Life sure can take some horrible turns sometimes. My first grandson was born last night 9 weeks early. Had a really ruff go of it and early afternoon passed away. Sometimes it is so hard to let the words flow to anyone what this feels like. My son and wife are beside themselves. Yesterday afternoon the nursery was just finished and she was to have her first shower tonight. Now in less than twenty four hours the happiness is gone. The doctors talked to them and reassured them it was nothing she did, that the lungs were the problem, and that even if the baby was full term the outcome would of been the same. The also reassured her that any other children probably would not have the same condition, that it was not genetic. We told them they needed to go home today and be together and talk, sleep because they have not for almost two days, and know we love them dearly.

Clay related: Love the AP review!!

Is Lance(lot) the other guard in the tower at the beginning? Is that why Robin and Lance are friends?

The actor is the same, but I don't think his character is the same. When Lance meets Robin collecting the dead, he doesn't show any recognition of him. They become friends when Robin says he's going to enlist as a knight and Lance wants to come along with him. Although.... the lyric of the song goes (Lance) We'll remain good chums, you can teach me how to dance (Robin) We're going to enlist, I'm Robin (Lance) and I'm Lance. Damn!!! More confusion!!! *snort*

I'm not altogether surprised that Clay is sick with so much crud going around. I saw many people at the stage door who were coughing and hacking all over the place. Not saying that's how he got sick, but it sure can't help.

Oh, ((((((gbmifan))))), I am so sorry to read of your family's loss. My heart goes out to all of you. God bless them and their little one.

I am sorry but this is going to be a sullen post. Life sure can take some horrible turns sometimes. My first grandson was born last night 9 weeks early. Had a really ruff go of it and early afternoon passed away. Sometimes it is so hard to let the words flow to anyone what this feels like. My son and wife are beside themselves. Yesterday afternoon the nursery was just finished and she was to have her first shower tonight. Now in less than twenty four hours the happiness is gone. The doctors talked to them and reassured them it was nothing she did, that the lungs were the problem, and that even if the baby was full term the outcome would of been the same. The also reassured her that any other children probably would not have the same condition, that it was not genetic. We told them they needed to go home today and be together and talk, sleep because they have not for almost two days, and know we love them dearly.

:elephanthugs:

What a terrible tragedy for your family, gbmifan. I'm so sorry. I hope that your son and DIL can somehow find comfort in each other and in your support for them. There are just no words to express something so sad.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{gbmifan and family}}}}}}}}}}}}}

*hands out Kleenex*

{{{{Clay}}}}} I hope he gets better soon. I've read already that he won't be doing the stage door at all this weekend. I feel really badly for those who this was their only weekend to see Clay.

{{{{gbmifan & family}}}} How tragic. I'm so sorry.

Hope Clay is feeling better *soon*.

I am so sorry for your tragic loss.