#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

You know, seeing all these pictures with Clay smiling and laughing - often almost naked - it makes me think.

Me too! It's made me think maybe, juuust maybe, I'll get lucky *g- and he'll have worked his way down to a full bare arm w/shoulder peekage by the time I get there?!

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY ALL

You know, seeing all these pictures with Clay smiling and laughing - often almost naked - it makes me think.

When I was there opening night I kept thinking how much fun he seemed to be having, how much joy there was in his face. In each of the other 2 times I have seen Spamalot, that again is the one thing I take with me each and every time - joy. I cannot help but think he is having the time of his life and this experience will stay with him for a long, long time. I would never say this means Clay just wants to do musical theater, but in a way, I think Clay has found his grail.

He just seems so happy, so at peace, so at home - even though he's far from his physical home.

It just seems so right. So much seems so right right now.

And he has such purdy eyes!

IMG_7718clayeyes.jpg

And he's CUTE too!

CG... I agree... I think the acceptance and camraderie he has found with the cast and the flat-out fun he is having and the confidence he has gained is beyond price and it makes me all schmoopie indeed. Those eyes... OMG!

muski... that, too! :cryingwlaughter:

OK, now I've seen Jason, the football player and am missing Maks much, much less. Ho Chi Mama! Though I swear he has smaller feet than Clay and Penn, the man is incredibly graceful - like a giant Jane Seymour! Only much hotter. And he used his feet beautifully. And had some seriously nice pants on. Clay needs to go to his tailor.

Jason was definitely hot tonight. When the stars for this season were announced it was mentioned that Jason wears a size 14 shoe. I forgot all about that tonight watching him with Edyta. Those two could spark it up.

Speaking of feet, add me to the list of those who believe Clay is wearing better fitting boots. They definitely look much smaller than his previous footwear. Maybe dancing has been a life-changer for him -- learning to dance from Broadway choreographers is pretty special, I think.

Clay does look enormously happy. He looks to me like someone who not only feels accepted in NY and on the Broadway stage, but realizes the positive buzz out there for him. I think a lot of people are reevaluating their preconceived notions about Clay Aiken.

I also hope some of this joy comes from how he feels about what's going on in the recording studio.

I only hope the JOY carries over after his run in Spam ends and the momentum continues for him. I pray he receives many many offers for original material and possibly films. How could he not! I know if he does he will make the right decisions and creatiuve career choices. But most of all I hope he keeps this confidence about him.

I really hope he'll be too busy with TV apperances and planning his tour (please baby jesus let there be a tour) that he won't have time to miss his new friends or his stationary position in NYC. I'm getting antsy for some kind of word from RCA. Aren't we like 7 weeks away from the proposed drop date?

In honor of St. Paddy's Day (Of course, those of you who know my maiden name must realize how odd it is that I am suggesting that I have ANY connection to the Irish! :cryingwlaughter: )..

But limericks are Irish, right?

There once was a knight named Sir Robin

Whose package is often seen bobbin'

He's learned how to dance

Though his package splits pants

In white tux he sends girly parts throbbin'

I bid you good night! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

When I was there opening night I kept thinking how much fun he seemed to be having, how much joy there was in his face. In each of the other 2 times I have seen Spamalot, that again is the one thing I take with me each and every time - joy. I cannot help but think he is having the time of his life and this experience will stay with him for a long, long time. I would never say this means Clay just wants to do musical theater, but in a way, I think Clay has found his grail.

He just seems so happy, so at peace, so at home - even though he's far from his physical home.

It just seems so right. So much seems so right right now.

And he has such purdy eyes!

IMG_7718clayeyes.jpg

Honestly, I feel that Clay has something unique.. he is versatile in a way no other Idol (winner or non-winner) is. Not only can Clay be an international recording artist, he can do musical theatre where timing is everything. And if he can do musical theatre, he can do drama on Broadway as well. I wouldn't be suprised if some producers and casting directors have him ear-marked for projects being worked on. And further, there's a movie role waiting for him, I am sure.... But I am also sure he will one day host his own TV show, he is perfect for it. I also believe that while all these roles will fill his artistic needs and strengthen his influence, eventually, his main role will be as a humanitarian. He showed such incredible sensitivity to people with special needs when he was so young, so I believe that is at the core of who he is.

As much fun as Clay seems to be having on Broadway, I can't help selfishly hoping, just a little bit, that as his Spam run draws closer to an end, he starts really itching to take charge of his own stage and get back on the road again.

:club0:

It's an exciting time to be a Clay fan, ya'll!

There is so much to look forward to in the coming weeks, months, and years. I'm thoroughly thrilled that Clay seems happy with his work in Spamalot, and probably with his work on the album. OTOH, he could seemingly be happy because of what he had for lunch earlier in the day! My point is that I guess I don't care WHY he seems so happy, I'm just glad that he IS happy.

As far as Spamalot opening doors for him...I do believe that many new people are seeing Clay Aiken in a new light. "Wow, he's really good." "I didn't think he'd be right for a Monty Python show." And so on. I also do think that the man is immensely talented (or learning quickly, such as with his dancing) in so many different things. But -- I honestly do not think that every single producer in NYC is suddenly contacting him with offers left and right. I also believe that Clay will each and every offer he has very carefully...and that he might make a few mistakes along the way. IMO he's been very blessed with everything he's done, and I sincerely hope that continues. I think it must be my "realism" gene that kicks in whenever I read "dream big." I love that some of you can do that. I just like to temper things a bit....

But it's still an exciting time to be a Clay fan, ya'll!

___

muski and merrieeee -- BWAH!!!

CG, for the first time in 5 years, my husband and I are actually GETTING a refund! WOOHOO!

Just needed to see this again....

01LindaSpamalot.jpg

Finally -- I just heard from Ansa via email. She's still having a hard time posting on the board. She can read here, and send email, but she thinks the reception for her wireless isn't the best. Anyway, she says "HI!" to everyone. And then, I'm going to pull one paragraph from her email....

EEEEEEEEEEEEE I heard clay on the radio twice...on easy listening station that our driver favors...first time was Right Here Waiting....it was funny cos I have heard several versions of clay;s ATDW songs...all by Filipino artists...so when I heard the intro...I thought it was going to be somebody else again...but it was Clay;s version. They even announced his name...without any explanations or intro. Just clay Aiken. Of course I couldn;t EEEEEEEEEEEE because the girls were in the car I had to really act all non chalant. the second time was this morning it was HYCA...same station. So it seems that Clay does get airplay here.

That's pretty darn cool....

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Spring!

47 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

49 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

OTOH, he could seemingly be happy because of what he had for lunch earlier in the day!

You mean like "Afternoon Delight"??? :nana: :happy-male-133:

:cryingwlaughter:

eta: where is everybody? I made 3 posts yesterday ranging from 1:30 to 8:30 and they are all on the same page!! What Gives??

I'm here!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeee

My girlfriend went to see the the touring show of the Rat Pack in Houston on Sunday. This morning she brought me the Playbill, from the show because as she says "My guy is in it". Well page four has the "It takes Two" article about Clay on Broadway. What a nice surprise (and a nice friend)!

where is everybody? I made 3 posts yesterday ranging from 1:30 to 8:30 and they are all on the same page!! What Gives??

I'm here! Still recovering from my Spam trip. :P

Honestly, I feel that Clay has something unique.. he is versatile in a way no other Idol (winner or non-winner) is. Not only can Clay be an international recording artist, he can do musical theatre where timing is everything. And if he can do musical theatre, he can do drama on Broadway as well. I wouldn't be suprised if some producers and casting directors have him ear-marked for projects being worked on. And further, there's a movie role waiting for him, I am sure.... But I am also sure he will one day host his own TV show, he is perfect for it. I also believe that while all these roles will fill his artistic needs and strengthen his influence, eventually, his main role will be as a humanitarian. He showed such incredible sensitivity to people with special needs when he was so young, so I believe that is at the core of who he is.

I agree, Clay can (and probably will) do it all. It's such a fun ride, isn't it? I'm loving every minute of it.

As much fun as Clay seems to be having on Broadway, I can't help selfishly hoping, just a little bit, that as his Spam run draws closer to an end, he starts really itching to take charge of his own stage and get back on the road again.

As much as I love Spamalot (and I do!) I can't wait for another concert tour. Whether we get one this summer or fall, or maybe not until Christmas, I look forward to hearing him sing to meeeeeeeeeee again.

Finally -- I just heard from Ansa via email. She's still having a hard time posting on the board. She can read here, and send email, but she thinks the reception for her wireless isn't the best. Anyway, she says "HI!" to everyone. And then, I'm going to pull one paragraph from her email....

EEEEEEEEEEEEE I heard clay on the radio twice...on easy listening station that our driver favors...first time was Right Here Waiting....it was funny cos I have heard several versions of clay;s ATDW songs...all by Filipino artists...so when I heard the intro...I thought it was going to be somebody else again...but it was Clay;s version. They even announced his name...without any explanations or intro. Just clay Aiken. Of course I couldn;t EEEEEEEEEEEE because the girls were in the car I had to really act all non chalant. the second time was this morning it was HYCA...same station. So it seems that Clay does get airplay here.

That's pretty darn cool....

Wow, that sure is. I love hearing reports like this!

My girlfriend went to see the the touring show of the Rat Pack in Houston on Sunday. This morning she brought me the Playbill, from the show because as she says "My guy is in it". Well page four has the "It takes Two" article about Clay on Broadway. What a nice surprise (and a nice friend)!

How cool is that? :clap:

The World Figure Skating Championships are happening this week, so between those and Easter preparations, I should hopefully be able to preoccupy myself for a few days. I'm dying to get back to NYC, I don't know yet if I'll be able to, but I'm starting to lean on the "yes" side (thanks to a rather insistant friend). :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yay how cool is that that Ansa is hearing Clay on the radio in the Phillipines.

Muski, great limerick. I wrote that last night and then fell asleep at my computer ha and stayed sitting up on my sofa all night. Oh well I feel rested. Off to work.

For TWoP people..what's going on over there. All I know is in my Survivor threads they are bemoaing the loss of Miss Allie as a recapper. It wouldn't be good etiquette to say..don't let the door hit ya ...would it? Is she just going elsewhere or did they get bought out or something.

How cool that Clay is getting radio play somewhere!

Me too! My very first Clay friend called me last week & we realized it was the 4 year anniversary of our first meeting as well as my first Clay concert - the Columbus IT. We've been on many roadtrips since and are definitely feeling the urge to head out again. She wasn't able to do the CITH and won't be able to go to NYC either, so we're hoping for some fun this summer!

It's raining cats & dogs here this morning - literally, I think. I have a carport in my apartment complex and this morning when I got in the car, it looked like cats had been dancing an Irish jig overnight!! There were paw prints EVERYWHERE!

14.gif13.gif22.gif

eta: where is everybody? I made 3 posts yesterday ranging from 1:30 to 8:30 and they are all on the same page!! What Gives??

Well I went to the dentist for some work and ended up sitting in the char for several hours, until my back started hurting a lot, then I begged off anymore work, I have to go back in 2 weeks. Then I took the dog to the park, cleaned house, and fell into a deep sleep, waking at midnigh, which killed sleeping last night, but I couldn't eat dinner at that point because I had a blood test this morning - is that TMI?

Yay how cool is that that Ansa is hearing Clay on the radio in the Phillipines.

Muski, great limerick. I wrote that last night and then fell asleep at my computer ha and stayed sitting up on my sofa all night. Oh well I feel rested. Off to work.

For TWoP people..what's going on over there. All I know is in my Survivor threads they are bemoaing the loss of Miss Allie as a recapper. It wouldn't be good etiquette to say..don't let the door hit ya ...would it? Is she just going elsewhere or did they get bought out or something.

I thought we had heard that Clay gets play in the Phillipines before? Is the wonder that they are still playing the songs so much later? Idols seem to tour there pretty often, and not just Jasmine.

Hey Miss Allie --> THHHRRRPPPPTTT

TWOP waz purchased by someone a while ago and tghat is when all the mods got remained to TWOP so and so. Maybe her MSNBC job is paying her enough to stop working at TWOP. Oh Boy, more Clay trashing at MSNBC. WHo hires this woman? I met her at a Amazing Race thing and she supposedly had gift bags for everyone, but it turned out there were not enough seats, th thing was over sold, you got your entrance paid for, but you had to buy your own food and liquor, so what was the $40 for? I could not fit downstairs and was sorely tempted tocall the fire department because it was a death trap and had way too many people there. Only the people who gave Miss Allie presents got gift bags. Basicallyh, I paid for the please of her company a floor away. Not worth it. /end of rant

ETA - what a nifty banner!

I went to that site and I just cannot CANNOT believe there are so many Clay sites. OMG, does Clay KNOW this forum and all those others actually exist?

Surely there is no other artist with this many forums and sites dedicated to one artist... surely surely not!!!

p.s. FABULOUS BANNER!!

The banner is excessively neat!

Frankly, I think there are a lot fewer of the bigger Clay sites then there used to be - but the Broads have always been among my faves!

The correct site to go to to find all CLay links is findingclayaiken.com. Although a few are still missing.

from a blog

Saturday was my second trip to the musical Grease in NYC. I'd already seen it (and enjoyed it very much), so my friend Pat and I decided to see Spamalot instead. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the completely silly humor of Monty Python and--trust me when I say that I'm surprised to admit this--I totally enjoyed Clay Aiken's performance! The guy was really GOOD! Actually, everybody was really good. See it, see it, see it!!

Correction - the guis IS really good.

Cool banner, cindilu2, although I jumped when it changed for the first time! :P (No, I didn't scream and soil myself...)

playbiller, I haven't seen Ms. Alli's byline on any MSNBC Idol articles this season, although I have come across a couple of AI columns by spacecitymarc from TWoP. Ms. Alli has covered Dancing With the Stars for MSNBC in the past, but someone else is doing that, too. I hoped they canned her. :whistling-1:

Couchie, I don't go to the AI contestant threads on TWoP any more (better for my blood pressure to skip the Clay thread there, I've found), so I don't know what's going on with the moderators. I have been reading the AI show recaps by Jacob and Joe R., just because they tend to be kind of off the wall and perversely entertaining, and I get the idea that those two are still involved in the current contestant threads at least.