#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

Like merrieeee and keepingfaith said, it has been GORGEOUS here this weekend - and to top it all off, my bestest friend's in the world that I've known since high school baby brother got married Saturday (he's a forty year old baby) - the wedding was outdoors and gorgeous and sunny and I thought I was FREEZING my ass off because it was in the 60's until I see you people's picture and I went and hugged my thermometer.

What a beautiful day we had:

There's a legal limit to the snow here

The winter is forbidden till December

And exits March the second on the dot

Summer lingers through September

By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear

(ok, maybe not that last one...)

Cotton, I uploaded XviDs a few days later "soon" after the event. If you only got the mpgs that Sunday, there was more stuff & better versions of the songs. (or like KAndre said above)

There's much to be said about a video card with HD output... and a monitor with HD input.

Welcome, gloch! Did you remember to bring some shrubbery?

merrieeee, I think I already shook her right (ie. wrong) hand and we were wearing gloves at the time. (nope, not boxing ones)

::::gives Scarlett a big squishie hug::::

I missed you!! Have you been sneakin' off and doing bad things with our boyfriend in NYC??

Would you people quit coming up with Clack for me to watch? I'm not getting anything done at all. I keep watching things and then it leads me to something else and something else and........

Is it April yet? I have to get through the Shell Houston Open this month (Anyone want tickets?) and then it will be time to think about my next eHP trip. eeeeeeeeeee I get to behave just badly enough not to get arrested but have more fun than should be legally allowed!

Scarlett, yes I did and it has a very delicious "Cat smell." I just have to tell you that you are my hero and have given me hours and hours of smiles.

Kandre, another hilarious moment was at the ATDW CD release when you said something to Clay about RCA. The look on his face had me in stitches.

I'm packed and ready.

I've--of course--thrown my back out so I'm limping around like some demented hunchback, swearing mightliy. Just to prove that I'm completely cursed, the sink in the garage has backed up-not a good sign--and I'm waiting for the plumber who will be gleefully moving at half the normal speed since it's Sunday overtime.

However, I'm leaving for Clay in the morning, so NOTHING else really matters.

Have a FANTASTIC time, Wanda! And come back and tell us all about it!

This is my first post and all I have to say is I wanna be on whatever "List" Hannah is on. Can somebody arrange that please?

Welcome, gloch!

I will NEVER be able to come up with three of my favorite pieces of clack. As soon as someone tells about their favorites, I think that they're mine, too. And then someone else posts, and I think those are my favorites, and on and on. Heeeee! I'll never be able to narrow it down to three. Which is why I'm so glad I upgraded my cell so that I now have a pocket pc with a big storage card. I can watch as many Clay clips as I wanna when I'm out and about!!

Scarlett, it's wonderful to see you here again! *HUGS*

liney23 Thanks for clearing that up....so to be blogged is to be upset, disgusted, infuriated, sickened etc. etc. by some idiots' postings on the internet.

Welcome gloch...I'm curious how did you come by your board name?

It is fun to ship but isn't it a possibility that Hannah pinched OBF's sweet ass, knowing that his fans would see it, just to see what kind of a stir it would make among us?

Got back from trip to NY today, and since I suck at recaps, let me just say that within 30 minutes of getting home, my cousin called me to tell me that she had just gotten us tickets for 3 more shows in April, and a hotel room!!!! It was a great trip, and we're going back!!! (PS- I met jmh123 after the Sat matinee!)

Here is my one and only pic I got on the trip. Clay only did the stage door at 2 of the 4 performances we went to, and I only got 1 pic before my crappy camera died. My cousin got 5 or 6 from the same night that she'll give to me later this week to upload. Not a great pic, but we were too far back, and I'm SHORT! Pic is from after the Thurs March 6th performance. Clay030608-1.jpg

I've been trying to catch up, but there has been so much good stuff going on with all of the "three favorites" links and clips that I need much more time to immerse myself in all of the choices. You are all picking such great stuff!

One of my favorite pieces of clack is from the Neil Sedaka Tribute. It is the Solitaire-Part 2 by mustbeeme. It's not very clear and Clay's face is washed out, but what I love about that particular video is watching the expression on the face of the guitar player behind Clay. When Clay sings the long Solitaaaaaaaaiiire you can see this huge grin on the guitar player and then he just laughs when Clay finally finishes holding that long note.

Then the guitar player and the drummer exchange this look like "can you believe that voice?". He just looks amazed, smiles during the rest of the song and then claps at the end. I just love seeing the reactions from professional musicians like him when they hear Clay.

Here's the Youtube link. It's not as clear as the one I downloaded, but you can still see the reactions and the huge smile at the end from the guitar player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPrmkBm6Db0

Thanks, KAndre and Scarlett! I have now downloaded and will watch tomorrow.

But my Clack time will be limited - I still have a few things to do before I leave IN THREE SLEEPS for my NYC trip!

Yeah. I'm a titch excited. Just a little bit.

BTW, I'm looking for a ticket for Saturday night if you know of an extra someone needs to sell. I'm trying to decide if I can swing one more full price or if I'm going to have to get real and do a cheap seat if I can find one. I'm going to raid my savings account tomorrow and see where I stand! I do need a couple of bucks to eat while I'm there. *g*

G'night, y'all! Have a good sleep!

Hi Gibby!

Lotus, it is embarrassing how I came to my screen name actually. Way back in 2003 before I knew how to get on the boards, before I knew that there was a whole nation of people like me who were mesmerized by that skinny kid from AI, I ran across the article in Elle magazine. I had a girl crush going on with Allison Glock after that article for so many reasons. Anyway, I finally figured out how to google Clay, then found the Clayboard and had to put a screen name in. I wanted to be Glock. Well, I didn't spell it right and it ended up being Gloch. Weird name, but I stuck with it and still have it to this day.

Heh, look on th Clayboard, Cotton, they have the ticket sales organized, or at CV.

Stop me from buying more tickets, I see them for sale and I want them. I am afriad I will become like some others and speak the lines along with the actors and sing along. No, no, don't want to do that. One of the reasons I likes SRO was I could let that energy out through my feet, not my mouth.

How come the eHP don't all post their shows on the representing list?

::::gives Scarlett a big squishie hug::::

I missed you!! Have you been sneakin' off and doing bad things with our boyfriend in NYC??

Hugs merrieeee right back! Well, there was something about some coconuts and confetti but that's so two weeks ago. I have your Extra Large Clay Aiken... Spamalot T-shirt (what'd you think I was going to say?) Solo is our designated recapper for the Feb. 15-16 weekend -- just don't believe anything she says about me in the ladies room in Morimoto's. The stall door was closed so how could she tell how many buttons I was pushing?

I've been setting up a new home next door to the, uh, Shell Houston Open. It's not quite ready yet and any clack and yarn I owe people is in a huge pile of stuff in the middle of the living room. I made the mistake of asserting my independence by planning this move for the exact 2 weekends that the friendly neighbor would be in Canada because I wanted to do it "all by myself" -- huge mistake! My quads (those are the opposites of hamstrings, right?) are killing me because it's a 2nd floor unit and I've been on this "stairmaster" for 2 weeks. It's not as bad this weekend as the first one, though. Lesson learned for Miss Independence: don't be too proud to accept help and to delegate, especially if it involves lifting and/or gravity. On the bright side, I've tested the Internet connection and it works fine; don't know yet about the stove or dishwasher.

Scarlett, yes I did and it has a very delicious "Cat smell." I just have to tell you that you are my hero and have given me hours and hours of smiles.

*waves hand to waft the scent* Ooooh, I love the cat smell. You're very welcome! Unfortunately, if you're waiting on anything from summer or winter 2007 (including another Syracuse LAA from the front row), all I can say is that it's somewhere in the building and will eventually see the light of day. :)

*squishes Gibby right back v. tightly* :thbighug-1:

Cotton, I leave in 4 sleeps (well, knowing me I'll probably turn it into 3 sleeps). See you there!!! Nite-nite!

I'm baaaack!

Miss me??? :cryingwlaughter:

Ok, I have watched that little .gif with Hannah and for the life of me I do NOT see her doing anything with Clay's butt. At best it looks like she just brushed past him. Now I was at the stage door, but not really in a position to see much, but she went by so fast most around us didn't even see her! I think sometimes people see things that aren't really there.

But then again maybe she did purposefully touch his butt. I just cannot see it for the life of me.

Had a great time with my lurker friend even if I did get drenched coming out of Penn station and then again on the way to the theater. Our seats were on the 10th row, right side but on the aisle and they were very good. Great view of Clay's first scene.

I have now seen the show on opening night, in early February and this weekend. I do not see all the amazing improvements in Clay's performance that have been reported by others. I think he is more at ease with his dancing - but truth be told, his dancing is hardly challenging (well, except for the bottle dance). To me, his greatest improvement has been in his soiling of his pants! He is very good, but I just do not see all the improvements others have. My lurker friend said the same thing. This was the first show I have seen where there was no reaction when he first appeared, so that was weird. There was a big reaction to his "Idol of my age" bit and to his big number. He got very good applause during the curtain call, although Hannah's was bigger.

Hannah. I think my lurker friend and I may be alone in this. She saw one without Hannah (Emily Tsu was the sub) and this one with Hannah. I have seen 2 with Hannah and one without. Hannah has an amazing, booming voice. No doubt about it. But for me, I enjoyed Emily's interpretation of the character of LOTL more than Hannah's. Hannah is too over-the-top. I know the character is supposed to be over-the-top but I think she comes off as so much so I don't enjoy her. And I thought Emily's "Diva's Lament" was also better than Hannah's - and she did a much better Posh Spice! I guess its a matter of personal taste - like some probably prefer DHP's interpretation of Sir Robin more than Clay's. Now, I love that Hannah has said such nice things about Clay, but I really do prefer Emily's LOTL.

And maybe I am a bad Clay fan but, as much as I love this show - and I do - I do not think I could see it 5 times in one weekend as many do, or even 2 times in a row. We could have gone to the matinee today, but neither of us had any desire to do so. That said, we can't wait until March 30th when we will see it again. I want my multiples, just not too close together.

We had fun in NY. We stayed near Grand Central Station and it was completely walkable. Today we walked and walked and walked. It was cold and windy, but at least it wasn't raining. There is so much to do in that city. I hope somehow Clay is getting to do some normal living. I hope he is living away from the tourist areas so he can walk around, eat in neighborhood restaurants, and enjoy all that city has to offer him.

ETA: YAY! Scarlett is back!! I was thinking maybe she didn't love us any more!!

Hugs merrieeee right back! Well, there was something about some coconuts and confetti but that's so two weeks ago. I have your Extra Large Clay Aiken... Spamalot T-shirt (what'd you think I was going to say?) Solo is our designated recapper for the Feb. 15-16 weekend -- just don't believe anything she says about me in the ladies room in Morimoto's. The stall door was closed so how could she tell how many buttons I was pushing?

I love to go to bed with an Extra Large Clay Aiken....T shirt! Lots of room and not too tight!

eeeeeeeeeeeeee Scarlett now lives 2 minutes from where I work! Now if there were any decent restaurants around we could meet for dinner........Chili's gets a bit old!

Can I be Hannah when I grow up?

Claygasm wrote:

Ok, I have watched that little .gif with Hannah and for the life of me I do NOT see her doing anything with Clay's butt. At best it looks like she just brushed past him. Now I was at the stage door, but not really in a position to see much, but she went by so fast most around us didn't even see her! I think sometimes people see things that aren't really there.

But then again maybe she did purposefully touch his butt. I just cannot see it for the life of me.

For me, the 'proof' is in Clay's reaction. There's a pic of her fingers which look like a "tweak" to me. I have no problem if she "did" but also have no problem if she "didn't". Just more fun (for me) to imagine she did. :)

Yeah, but from the way her arm is bent, I think she would have to be a contortionist to pinch Clay's butt!

Hmmm. A contortionist? Now that conjures up all sorts of interesting images! :whistling-1:

ETA: I meant to say one more thing. I have commented on this before and it was the overwhelming thing I remember from opening night and I still saw it yesterday. Clay seems sooo happy up there. He seems like he is having the time of his life! The joy he exudes from that stage is amazing! I watch him when he is not the focus of attention and it is just so obvious he is loving this experience. I think while he will be looking forward to the next big thing, he will be sorry when his run in Spamalot is over.

CG, my love....I must challenge you on this one. Hannah really does take a hunk of Clay's little ass...you can see her sort of bend since she's reaching with her left hand across to grab a nice hunk of him---it's very smoothly done. With this picture, we can see her fingers clearly doing what so many of our fingers would like to do.... :whistling-1:

HannahGrabsClay1_2.jpg

Re: your perspective that Clay's dramatic/comedic turn as Sir Robin is not all that different from past performances. This is definitely an area that can't ever be agreed upon, isn't it? That's the nature of performance art. Each person in the audience will perceive 'art' through her own eyes and ears and can never say that her experience is the one that defines the performance, IMO. I can't wait to see him for the first time and then again. Just because.

But I'm actually more concerned about the fact that my first time there will be Chris Siebert's replacement's first performance! That actor and Clay have so many scenes in which they play off each other, contribute to each other's delivery...I hope the transition is as smooth as possible.

Welcome, calclay and gloch! Welcome back, Scarlett!

It's a bit tricky but what she does is reach over with her "Left Hand", with thumb up & fingers cupped she gives him a goose! Yup, it's there. But if your looking for her right hand to simply reach down then you'll miss it. It's a tricky "reach across and very subtley/quickly goose & go" kinda move. It looks like Jerome didn't even catch it and he was looking at her too. But you KNOW by Clay's looking back to see who THAT was somethin' happened. :hubbahubba:

ETA - Or what muski just said. I'm too old & slow.

OT: I have just finished watching AI2 Rewind and I need to find a place to vent. Geez-us what the hell were those people smokin'?! Ruuuu-ben is definilty a sweetied but goddamn I just do not hear what any of them are hearin'. Nadda!! Maybe I just don't know good singing when I hear it? Nahhh

All I see is a lot of ass-kissing. :lipstick: What a snow job. And when Simon said "you could release that song tomorrow and it would be a hit" I was dumbfounded. WTF

Sorry, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programing...

this post brought to you by cursewords-R-us

CG, my love....I must challenge you on this one. Hannah really does take a hunk of Clay's little ass...you can see her sort of bend since she's reaching with her left hand across to grab a nice hunk of him---it's very smoothly done. With this picture, we can see her fingers clearly doing what so many of our fingers would like to do.... :whistling-1:

HannahGrabsClay1_2.jpg

Still don't see it!

Re: your perspective that Clay's dramatic/comedic turn as Sir Robin is not all that different from past performances. This is definitely an area that can't ever be agreed upon, isn't it? That's the nature of performance art. Each person in the audience will perceive 'art' through her own eyes and ears and can never say that her experience is the one that defines the performance, IMO. I can't wait to see him for the first time and then again. Just because.

Oh I know its just my perspective and I really wasn't trying to challenge anyone's opinions. And it varies I am sure from one performance to the next. I just keep reading how much better he is than opening night and how he keeps getting better and better and I don't see it. Please do not misunderstand me. Clay is wonderful and his performance is a joy to watch. I just don't see all these improvements other than being a bit more at ease and soiling his pants better!

But then again, I don't see the butt pinch either, so maybe I'm just blind!

But I'm actually more concerned about the fact that my first time there will be Chris Siebert's replacement's first performance! That actor and Clay have so many scenes in which they play off each other, contribute to each other's delivery...I hope the transition is as smooth as possible.

I saw this guy who was in his first performance as Sir Robin and it seemed just fine! Seriously. Chris seemed to handle the transition to Clay really well and I bet Clay will be fine with whoever replaces Chris. He's a seasoned pro now!

It's a bit tricky but what she does is reach over with her "Left Hand", with thumb up & fingers cupped she gives him a goose! Yup, it's there. But if your looking for her right hand to simply reach down then you'll miss it. It's a tricky "reach across and very subtley/quickly goose & go" kinda move. It looks like Jerome didn't even catch it and he was looking at her too. But you KNOW by Clay's looking back to see who THAT was somethin' happened. :hubbahubba:

ETA - Or what muski just said. I'm too old & slow.

Still don't see it!!!!!!

Maybe I really do need glasses!

OK, I have been to a few shows - maybe my high seat and seeing the show soon after opening night (the next Tuesday and Wednesday) gives me a different perspective and a more ingrained rememberance, but Clay is definitely lighter on his feet (not flat footing many steps), and doesn't have the concentration look on his face when dancing anymore, he just does it. Most of his dancing is not "dancer's" dancing, but "in a muscial everyione has to dance" dancing. Still, I remember the tour stories and AI2 stories about them trying to teach him choreography and his not getting it (see top 4 medley, Judges medley, and no stopping us now or the clips of the group songs from the tour). I think Clay can just shake it a bit at while dancing with friends.

Maybe it is not so much the dancing, but the blocking that he moves through with ease. I know on opening night Clay used the wrong hand a few times in some scenes and was corrected discretely by Sieber or whoever was nearest. He does not do that now. He also dances off the to the side stage after coming from the "love Chapel" where he was closer to walking the first night. I think it is not that he became a great dancer, just that he is more familiar with the role and can now dance and sing, mostly at the same time and not miss a step needing someone to carry him. He is one of the luckiest people inthe world (no offense to our Canadian friend here).

Doesn't it appear that Spamalot is a bunch of people having more fun and not so much anyone doing a star turn and being a pain? Somehow, I don't think a person like that would do well in this collaborative show. No, Clay will not be competition for Gregory Hines, but he is very competent in a difficult role and he really does fit in, even to not singing louder in group songs. Many of the stars on broadway are not professional dancers or even singers, which is why they have the chorus people to carry the weight.

ETA - CG, look in the back under Clay's sweater - there is a thumb (on top) and cupped fingers on the bottom - she is doing the pinch an inch move.

Meeeee!!! Meeeeee! I volunteeer!!! I'm blonde, and tall, and I can wear a baseball cap!

Ooooh, Scarlett, that sounds like so much work! I hope you're doing something for those sore quads - like taking a nice hot, comforting bath with epsom salts.

Muski, I'm concerned about who will play Chris Seiber's part, too! We'll be seeing the show a couple of days after Chris leaves. Hopefully it will be a Broadway veteran who will fit in with the cast seamlessly.

Just running by the FCA door to yell "I'M READY!" before showering and jumping in to bed.

OMG, I'm just so excited that the day has finally (almost) arrived when I'll leave for NYC.

Big wave to all those I'll be seeing there--and meeting for dinner Tuesday--and a big hug for everyone left behind. I'll do my best to remember every single detaiil for you.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think we need a re-enactment. *giggles*

:PickMe-1:

Well, not to boast or anything but I HAVE been know to squeeze a "bun" or two in the grocery store with great success! :whistling-1:

In the bread aisle, that is

Maybe I really do need glasses!

:lilredani: I'm afraid so.....and all the better to see the merrier derriere with.

Have a wonderful time, wanda! Remember....DETAILS!!

wanda... have a great time!!!!

By the way, I figured out was DST was... time change :cryingwlaughter: And, I'm not even blonde, tho my daughter the CPA is. :cryingwlaughter:

Claygasm... I wish I could do those arrow thingys that some can do, cause the woman definitely pinched his butt cheek and it is in that gif and picture... honest. I think you're just not recognizing her fingers as fingers. :cryingwlaughter:

treenuts... she pinched his bum, not his bun... :cryingwlaughter: