#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Aren't the Grammys for artistic merit and not necessarily tied to sales or spins? The Oscars have been awarded to many movies that weren't box office successes, Emmys awarded to TV shows nobody watched, and Grammys have been awarded to lots of dud records that never sold.

I tend to align with the Sasheen Littlefeather School of Award Show Thought, and admired both Marlon B. and George C. Scott for their attitudes. George C. said that the politics surrounding awards shows was demeaning and described the Oscar ceremony as a meat parade. The Grammys have never been relevant as a bestower of artistic merit, or even popularity. I think it's preferable and advantageous to a musical career for an artist to have a great stage performance at the Grammys rather than to "win" a very subjective award. To me, they are glorified beauty pageants.

Oh yes, I'm a curmudgeon regarding "awards" of any kind once you get past sporting events when you actually have definable winners and losers. Little League trophies ROCK!

Just got back from mailing in our tax return - it's the first time in a LONG time we haven't been down to the wire in the car line at the PO at 11:45 PM!! Then we went for a quick beer and shrimp/avacado wrap at our favorite local tavern.

Now I can concentrate on getting ready for this weekend!!!

almostct.gifSHUBERTSMI.gifSpam.gif

Thanks for the great banner 00lsee! Beautiful subject, beautiful banner! :D

footloose and Iseeme WELCOME NEWBIES! :welcome:

It's collagen for the lips - botox for the immobile face (see: Priscilla Presley)

Yeah, it only bothers me with the marketing blather too - I'm coming down on Couchie's on the NJU - in general, just don't care, because I do and still like the original Clay Aiken. Hell, I tend to dislike what the NJUs like anyway, looking at the best selling albums currently - as I own none of 'em.

I have been having TONS of fun lately, forcing myself to review the IT and NAT for my Ozzie friends - man, he was skinny - but MAN, that was fun! He was absolutely wicked so much of the time. Sounded good, looked good...

Hey! Aren't we supposed to be finishing up some recommendations? Get to work, people!

Ooooo! Newbies! I like newbies! Hey, y'all!

Thanks for the clarification KAndre. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Poor Priscilla. God she looks terrible. I hope she sued his ass. I'm thrilled he is in jail. Why do celebrities feel so compelled, to buckle under the pressure of Hollywood to stay young looking? She WAS a beautiful woman already. Such a shame.

Iseeme said:
Natural looking, soft, pink, kissable

Snapshot2006-01-1623-08-22.jpg

Now THAT'S Clay Aiken! :hubbahubba:

:cryingwlaughter:

clayzor-1.gif

186441439-O.jpg

a-mouth-talking_www-txt2pic-com.jpg

I'll kiss either one or both. :hubbahubba: Of course I'm sure he would rather have a repeat of this...... :cryingwlaughter:

al.gif

Oh, watching that sort of turns me on. :hubbahubba: I think I will head to the mall............

Every time I see the lycos report I get a little chuckle. Go Clay. I'm just so hooked on my evil google...the search results just seem to make the most sense to me. Can't put my finger on why. Brainwashed I guess. Has he ever fallen off since Idol?

Me too!

:welcome: to footloose & Iseeme!

Great recap, laughn! :clap: So glad you had such a good time. :) Welcome back to you, bottle, jamar, ducky, YSRN & anyone else I may have missed - I'm still working on my morning coffee! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

LAST DAY of work for me until next Wednesday and Thursday morning I leave for NYC!!! :dancingnana: :00000441: :7:

If any other FCA'ers are going to be in the vicinity of the Shubert Thurs. night, Ausdon and I will be meeting after the show for coffee - the more the merrier! :nanarow:

annabear - give ausdon a big hug from me!! We had a great time in DC and only wish we could have spent more time! Do me a favor and buy her boys some Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and say I told you to do it!! They'll LOVE it!!

Joining in on the laughn recap love. That was great!! I wish I was going tonight! But I guess I'll have to wait till Saturday! :D

HOLY CRAPALOT!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnyraisealot

Wish I were RICH!

HOLY CRAPALOT (BWAH!!!) is right! Wow.

Think us FCA members could raise enough money to go in on something and share it? I mean, really -- Sardi's could hold the entire lot of us plus the cast of Spamalot, right?

slaps money down I bet on Spooky for the champagne!

Years ago there was a Justin Guarini auction where they shared the shoes and the shoes were sent from fan to fan. We could bid on just the gloves. Oh, no, that is right up Spooky's alley of clothes collecting and I can't out bid her. Should be interesting.

So, Clay will be back in NYC for May 26/ hmmm what can he be doing that monday? Letterman? Jon Stewart?

And what does Clay have in store for us May 6th = a new album, but even more presents?????

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but May 26 is Memorial Day, and I don't think ANY of the NYC talk shows tape that day (Dave, Jon or Stephen). As I said, I personally want him on Jon's show, but I'm hoping for May 5. *g*

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but May 26 is Memorial Day, and I don't think ANY of the NYC talk shows tape that day (Dave, Jon or Stephen). As I said, I personally want him on Jon's show, but I'm hoping for May 5. *g*

In retrospect, the dinner at Sardi's is from 5 - 6:30 and isn't that about the time the late-nites tape?

kf, I was going to say that as well, but I really didn't want to be thought of as a MAJOR party pooper. *g*

Backtracking a bit:

Wheeeeeeeeeee! This is great! Thanks for linking it!

Someone MUST rip this!!!

xxx4Clay ripped it. Download here. It's also been added to the usual vaults.

I don't think that's the same clip. The one from xxx4Clay is from broadwayworld.com, and is one of the scheduled webisodes. The one I think luckiest is looking for (and I am too) is the Planet Hollywood clip from broadway.com that liney found yesterday. As far as that goes, I've yet to see the Insider Planet Hollywood clip vaulted anywhere. If anyone has any leads on these two clips, I'd appreciate it!

kf, I was going to say that as well, but I really didn't want to be thought of as a MAJOR party pooper. *g*

Backtracking a bit:

Wheeeeeeeeeee! This is great! Thanks for linking it!

Someone MUST rip this!!!

xxx4Clay ripped it. Download here. It's also been added to the usual vaults.

I don't think that's the same clip. The one from xxx4Clay is from broadwayworld.com, and is one of the scheduled webisodes. The one I think luckiest is looking for (and I am too) is the Planet Hollywood clip from broadway.com that liney found yesterday. As far as that goes, I've yet to see the Insider Planet Hollywood clip vaulted anywhere. If anyone has any leads on these two clips, I'd appreciate it!

Insider was capped on the 9th (hoping that's what you mean) it's in CV vault BUT here is a sendspace for it too Insider PH

Insider was capped on the 9th (hoping that's what you mean) it's in CV vault BUT here is a sendspace for it too Insider PH

Thanks gdg! However, I'm talking the InsiderOnline piece. It showed up on April 8, if I remember correctly. Should be about a minute and a half in length. Aha! The link is here! As far as I know, it hasn't made the vaults yet...and I don't have a CV key. :cry4:

So exciting about the auction; unfortunately I am a poor Clay fan so no bidding for me, but good luck to those who are!

I am really getting excited about the nexxt few weeks! I am on vacation next week, so I will be able to Clay alot, so hope for some good things coming our way!

Kim

I am officially on vacation - FINALLY - in 41 minutes!!! :bier:

annabear - give ausdon a big hug from me!! We had a great time in DC and only wish we could have spent more time! Do me a favor and buy her boys some Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and say I told you to do it!! They'll LOVE it!!

Joining in on the laughn recap love. That was great!! I wish I was going tonight! But I guess I'll have to wait till Saturday! :D

cha cha, we're going to be Spamming on Saturday, too! We'll just be getting into NYC on Thurs. afternoon, so we're heading to the Theatre District for dinner & to wonder around until ausdon is finished being Spammed. :P Then we're Spamming Fri. night & Sat. matinee. No tickets for Sat. evening..... yet...... :whistling-1:

Wowza! I'd love to be able to bid on some of those auction items - so cool! - but this Spam-investment I'm about to make is cleaning out my wallet for a little while.

Thanks gdg! However, I'm talking the InsiderOnline piece. It showed up on April 8, if I remember correctly. Should be about a minute and a half in length. Aha! The link is here! As far as I know, it hasn't made the vaults yet...and I don't have a CV key. :cry4:

Here is a file I have designated Insider Online ... and I ripped it and converted. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it includes the part about the grocery stores on the corner in NY and how back home he has to "get in the car, drive three or four miles, get out of the car," etc. And, btw, that part sooo reminds me of the Leno appearance in 2006 when he talked about actually having to "make the sandwich" and dealing with the twisty-ties!

Anyway, if that's the one you need, here it is ...

http://download.yousendit.com/C13CC72B77601ABC

Sorry about that I only have it in flv looks like no one converted it.

So, Clay will be back in NYC for May 26/ hmmm what can he be doing that monday? Letterman? Jon Stewart?

ack! I hate when I miss something...Where does it say he'll be in NY on the 26th?

The eBay Dinner with Clay and the Cast of Spamalot at Sardi's for the benefit of Broadway Cares is for May 26th at 5 p.m.