#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Is it time to post this again? I should have saved it for album release.

13064bc0.jpg

the interesting thing about these boards is besides liking and disliking pieces of people, there is also the time when I start agreeing with people I have historical disagreed with and vice versa. heh. Excuse me while I adjust my attitude,

Heads up! I was just flipping through the channels and the American Idol Extra show with the Clay interview is on now...I have Direct TV...channel is 250. This is in the Chicago area.

Kim

I don't think its fair to categorize this board as "mean" because we have members who vent their frustrations from time to time about other boards. It is NOT what this board is. But alas, it seems to be the one thing that gets us noticed. And that's ok, because I for one know the truth about this board. We have our faults and we make mistakes and sometimes perhaps things are posted that shouldn't be - both about happenings on other boards and about things on this board, But that to me is human. We ain't perfect!

For the most part, this is a pretty nice place to be. We are treated by the admins and the mods like adults - most of the time. We tend to talk through our problems and concerns. We yell and scream at each other, let out our frustrations and fears and anger. We work through our problems. Then we have a group hug and move on.

Ok maybe the group hug thing is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Is it the right fit for everyone? No, it probably isn't. I just don't like when we are judged on one day or one week. I mean, there are times when it seems like the whole board is PMSing! Let it pass and we'll be ok but don't judge us on how we are acting for that brief period of time!

And if when the board is PMSing and you can't stand it, take a break and walk away for awhile. Things will get back to the fun eventually.

I hope YSRN will be back to have fun again. We need to bitch slapped sometimes.

This is such a good time to be a Clay fan. We have been given the gift of Spamalot. Clay has talked about his music. He is about to release an album which he says is him - his choices, songs that resonate with him, songs he likes with meaningful lyrics, and there will be pretty pictures on the CD! His voice will soon be wafting over our hearts and souls and making all our girlie parts tingle. There will be all sorts of clack with his CD promotion. Eventually he will tour. Good times. Good year.

We are all so lucky to have discovered the cute, skinny, right now too blond for my taste, talented, singer sometimes actor, humanitarian, funny, snarky, smart, articulate, southern guy. He has brought us joy and laughter and tears and friendship and music. In the end, that is what really matters.

And in the end, I think everyone here knows that. Which is why I know in the end, after we take a break to bitch and moan and ridicule - at other boards and sometimes at each other - after we have worked through our problems and disagreements, we'll find our way back to the fun and the smut and laughter and the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEs.

Because in the end, FCA really IS where fans of Clay come to play.

Oh, YESSSSS! (tm Sir Robin) :clap: Excellent, CG...and I bolded the especially excellent parts...

And may I also say that the banner is driving me crazy in both good and bad ways. The Good---'nuff said. :hubbahubba: The bad? Well...every time I look at that screencap of Sir Robin and that expression of "I'm brave...holy shit, what did you just sing they'll do to my penis?" , I'm DYING to go back to NYC and see MORE! MORE! MORE! shows... :cry4:

Huh? Oh... :lilredani: Why, yes...I am a whiny bitch since I should just be eternally grateful that I got to see even ONE show when there are so many who won't be able to make the trip.

And by the way...that first Irishbookgirl picture has almost all, don't it? Lashes, lovely eyebrows, stubble, messy mane, tongue, chest hair....I do however seem to be missing other AMAZING body parts of this adorable knight....Alas! I'm not in a position to post them myself at the moment as I must get home to start getting various daughters to various activities...

Anybody wanna take on this not-so-distasteful task? :whistling-1:

ETA: I have to say that while a lot of clay nation wallowed in misery, many FCAers had the smarts to think some flim flamming was going on somewhere somehow as a whole lot of bs got posted as fact. I'm proud to know ya'll and post with you every day.

:word:

Hi Everyone! I stopped in here last night because of the angst all over and I enjoyed your conversations. So I joined.

Welcome njrp4clay!!!

Laughn, thanks for posting your perspective. I see what you are saying, and I get that it isn't fun to come here and read if you feel like you are one of the people being talked about.

That made perfect sense Laughn. I know what you're saying but I think the conversations start out as I conversations and later turned into them conversations. Usually it's after my high is crushed. And then I get nosy and want to know what's going on without risking my rising blood pressure by actually going to see for myself. Speaking for myself it's not one person's opinion that ever gets to me.. it's when the collective gets so apprehensive...great word Play. It's unhealthy to me. I'm not saying one person not liking the article is unhealthy. The group hysteria (play find me another word) is what I always repsponded to. (not saying this is the case yesterday cuz I didn't go out) I didn't want to use that word but can't think of another one. It's contagious. So maybe what we do here is contagious too but it doesn't feel "emotional" to me. Am I calling out anybody with a different opinion? No. But I'm sure it may be interpreted as such. So I do get it. I care what people at this board think and I'm sorry if anyone is hurt. I'd rather you just tell us what you think and stay and play. Every board has their issues and it seems like we get defined by our days of exasperation. But then again, maybe every board does. I can live with it.

This is a key for me as well--the group hysteria, for lack of a better word, gets to me, and that is why I have written what laughn calls "them" posts. For me, it's about expressing my frustration when I feel that people are making more of something than it warrants, buying trouble in advance, misinterpreting things, that kind of thing.

I realize that for different people, there are different things that get to them. Some don't mind when people are piling on Clay about something; others really hate that. Some don't mind when the boards are angsty, and feel that folks are just expressing opinions. Me, I can't stand it. Did any of the rest of you grow up as the family "fixer"? I did--still am. I want to fix everyone. When I see a situation that can't be fixed, I get mad and frustrated. Didn't say I was logical or right, but that is who I am--as others are who are they are.

Agreed..Welcome..I don't want anyone to get lost in the shuffle..although it seems I got pretty ignored yesterday..should have posted the scoop in the sooooooooper sekrit thread heh.

BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter:

Wow. Go to bed, work all day and look what you miss.

So much to digest.

First - YSRN - my fraternal Twin - :cry4: And I am sorry for my part in your feeling the way you do.

I will try and explain my feelings on all this. As Thankful mentioned, she told me back in January - after the opening night show at Sardi's, that FCA was known as "the mean board" and that was because how sometimes - IMO a very small minority of the time - we talk about the boards on the boards. I get why that upsets some. I get why some who post at other boards feel painted with a broad brush. And I get why some see it as mean and why some are personally hurt by it. And getting that I guess it is something that shouldn't happen. But it does.

I explained to her MY theory as to why this happens here when things gets especially angsty or nasty out there.

IMO, this board started to really flourish when the ATDW angst extraordinaire was about to push many fans off the boards forever. Some of us stumbled upon this board, or were referred to this board by a friend ( :F_05BL17blowkiss: to muski for that!) or knew about it all along and just started hanging out here more. It became a kind of haven because, believe it or not, most of the time we were just Clay fans having fun. As the banner says "Where fans of Clay come to play"! But, because so many came here escaping the same thing and because of admins and mods (who out numbered the members at that time!) let us, many of us found a place to let off steam and vent the frustrations of some of the other boards. And believe me, between the conspiracy theories and RCA hate and the super seekrit insider info and those who were literally telling RCA marketing and Handleman how to do their jobs and more super seekrit "I can't tell you how I know but I know" information (some of which we have since found out was texted from FC!).... Well, if you read any of the other boards you just needed a place to explode - a place where people there wouldn't label you an idiot or ignorant or a bad Clay fan or where the mods wouldn't green ink you AND in a place where the conversation would soon turn to smut and lust and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs and fun.

With that as the reason so many found their way to this message board, I guess its only natural when things are getting dicey out there to come back to the one place you know you can vent. Is that being mean? Maybe. But so much of what is said on the other boards is mean - maybe even meaner. For example, I have read on public boards people ripping on Ethel, people ripping on the person who had many, many A101 seats at Spamalot - and there have been other instances of fans turning on fans. I won't even get into the nastiness expressed by some over anything RCA, Clive' Simon, AI etc. I mean, some people are ripping this Leona Lewis

person just because Simon likes her and Clive is backing her! I mean, if you just don't like her voice, don't like her voice, but just because Simon likes her and she is receiving promotion from Clive and RCA isn't a reason to hate on her! To me, that is mean. This does NOT happen on every board and NOT by every person on those boards. Not even by the majority on those other boards, but by a VERY vocal minority who seem to take over and set the tone. And it isn't always like that on other boards - anymore than we always talk about the other boards here.

I know YSRN said why do we go out and read other boards if we don't like them. Again, my theory is we all came from other boards and many still post at multiple boards. And for me, although this is the only place I post anymore, I still read elsewhere because when they aren't angsting and theorizing and extrapolating, you can find interesting information and purdy pictures and there are people who post who make me laugh or make me think. More times than not I read the few other boards I read because it interests me. More times than not when I start to read angst and conspiracy theories and the "experts" I scroll. But sometimes, like yesterday, it just gets to me. I think it was reminding me a bit too much of what happened with ATDW. A little too much deja vu all over again.

I don't think its fair to categorize this board as "mean" because we have members who vent their frustrations from time to time about other boards. It is NOT what this board is. But alas, it seems to be the one thing that gets us noticed. And that's ok, because I for one know the truth about this board. We have our faults and we make mistakes and sometimes perhaps things are posted that shouldn't be - both about happenings on other boards and about things on this board, But that to me is human. We ain't perfect!

For the most part, this is a pretty nice place to be. We are treated by the admins and the mods like adults - most of the time. We tend to talk through our problems and concerns. We yell and scream at each other, let out our frustrations and fears and anger. We work through our problems. Then we have a group hug and move on.

Ok maybe the group hug thing is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Is it the right fit for everyone? No, it probably isn't. I just don't like when we are judged on one day or one week. I mean, there are times when it seems like the whole board is PMSing! Let it pass and we'll be ok but don't judge us on how we are acting for that brief period of time!

And if when the board is PMSing and you can't stand it, take a break and walk away for awhile. Things will get back to the fun eventually.

I hope YSRN will be back to have fun again. We need to bitch slapped sometimes. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This is such a good time to be a Clay fan. We have been given the gift of Spamalot. Clay has talked about his music. He is about to release an album which he says is him - his choices, songs that resonate with him, songs he likes with meaningful lyrics, and there will be pretty pictures on the CD! His voice will soon be wafting over our hearts and souls and making all our girlie parts tingle. There will be all sorts of clack with his CD promotion. Eventually he will tour. Good times. Good year.

We are all so lucky to have discovered the cute, skinny, right now too blond for my taste, talented, singer sometimes actor, humanitarian, funny, snarky, smart, articulate, southern guy. He has brought us joy and laughter and tears and friendship and music. In the end, that is what really matters.

And in the end, I think everyone here knows that. Which is why I know in the end, after we take a break to bitch and moan and ridicule - at other boards and sometimes at each other - after we have worked through our problems and disagreements, we'll find our way back to the fun and the smut and laughter and the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEs.

Because in the end, FCA really IS where fans of Clay come to play.

Thanks for that long and very thoughtful post!!

Playbiller--BWAH to your version of the serenity prayer!! :cryingwlaughter:

I will try and explain my feelings on all this. As Thankful mentioned, she told me back in January - after the opening night show at Sardi's, that FCA was known as "the mean board" and that was because how sometimes - IMO a very small minority of the time - we talk about the boards on the boards. I get why that upsets some. I get why some who post at other boards feel painted with a broad brush. And I get why some see it as mean and why some are personally hurt by it. And getting that I guess it is something that shouldn't happen. But it does.

But the fact of the matter is, it's ALLOWED here. It's not allowed on any of the other boards that I read. So I guess maybe some people come over here and think, WTF? And get their backs up. But my god, if it was allowed elsewhere, you can believe it'd happen there too. I, personally, already find other boards "meaner" than this one, by a long shot, because there is so little respect for Clay and Clay's family. But then, maybe my definition of "mean" is different that others'.

Can someone please recap the AI Extra episode for us?

on the eHP rooms:

merrieeee, wasn't excluding you, just talking to the folks who were logged in.

so far it looks like:

72 degrees - Heidi, KF, 00lsee

80 degrees - KAndre, merrieeee, couchie

75 degrees - Solo, PerusingOne, Scarlett

Are you SURE that 80 degrees is warm enough for KAndre??? <g> It was the Amazon or some other equally warm and humid place in her room last time. And I’ve heard stories about YOU Miss Scarlett about leaving the room windows open in wintertime. <g>

*blinks innocently, who me?* ... LOL! Well I had to open the window for one important reason -- to breathe. It was either that or grow gills.

KAndre comes skipping in...

eHP rooms:

It's not the heat, it's the humidity! HA HA!

Scarlett can keep dreaming - PerusingOne's laptop alone adds 4 degrees to the ambient temperature of the bed!

And I didn't have a fireplace going in July in Raleigh...I'm just sayin'.

We found a great compromise last February. The room stays at 75. PerusingOne wears a sweater and jammies. Solo and I wear tank tops.

Clay's music:

Likes him some country, don't he?

The only artists he listed that I generally like are Clay Aiken and Alison Krauss!

And I am rolling over "Crooner's Christmas"!

And did he really add the import versions of MOAM?

Can't believe I now have 2 versions of Gabriel's Oboe on my playlist (checks post from last September). How many people have 1? I'm keeping my old version because I like oboes playing oboes. *hovers protectively over "Crooner's Christmas"* I love seeing his name in that list.

From CH, a recap:

Finally.

Announcer: Clay's had a first rate career ever since, top ranked CDs, sold out concerts, and now Spamalot.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE, there's a Clay bus! Tiny bits from the show. Argyle sweater - lavender and brown, matching lavender shirt.

"Now that I've done it for awhile, I've totally got those dance moves."

Tour of the wig room, points out the grey hair. Talks about the differences between NYC and his hometown. Likes that things are open late, but had to send dogs home.

Talks about CD: sonically different, theme of some things he's learned over the past five years, since Idol. Big explosion of Idol contestants on Broadway. Mentions Ruben's stage show.

Talked to Fantasia about how she does the same show every night for months without going crazy. (Editorial note: Maybe she handles it by just not being there every night for months?) He's found that there's something new each time. Sometimes someone in the third row has a bugger in their nose, so you watch that throughout the show.

Mentions that Simon thinks Broadway is a diss. Clay says Simon can kiss his - pause - foot.

There's a little more, but that's what I caught. He looked purdy. Even better than Ace!

According to others, the sweater is navy, or black, and the shirt blue.

More recaps:

Black(?) and blue argyle type sweater -- blue shirt -- he looked good! Showed scenes from Spamalot -- backstage, too. He pointed out the grey hair in his wig. *g* Did anyone cap it?

eta: artquest, maybe my TV color needs adjusting -- I saw blue. *g*

That was a fun interview...lots of stuff from the others we've seen, but he looked super great in this one...argyle sweater over a blue shirt. Only one giggle and no "we"'s. Good plug for the album including a pic of the cover. Lots of shots from the show...a great one of his tower scene. It even included a shot of his poster on a passing bus.

he looked very nice, straight hair, navy argyle sweater, they interviewed him sitting out in the audience. He talked about the show and the difference between NYC & Raleigh. He had to send one of the dogs home because he couldn't take it. We saw the wig room again. They showed lots of clips, no audio though. He mentioned the album, what is was about and showed the cover. He mentioned talking to Fantasia about keeping it fresh night after night. He said they talk to each other on stage and sometimes find someone in the audience with a bogger in thier nose that's kinda funny

OMG - that was fantastic and they showed so many of his scenes from Spamalot! Oh ya, and EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee they showed and talked about the album!!!!

I guess a few details for those who couldn't watch yet...

Showed the City buses going by with his picture, talked about his phenomenal sucess, millions of albums sold, sold out concerts and now his success on Broadway. Showed many of his scenes from Spam, he talks about learning to do this, making it a little different each night to keep it fresh. Show the wig room again, talks about living in NY and says "one of his dogs 'he' had to go home cuz couldn't cut it" must be Durham.

Clay actually promotes his album, talks about recording it, sonically different, covering his past five years. And then talks about all the Idols on Broadway and how Simon uses it as an insult and that he was insulted while on Idol, but now says Simon can kiss his.........foot now!

And edited one last time to say the HAIR was gorgeous!

Okay, I missed Clay on TV but for a very good reason....I just got a call from my oldest daughter's (Emily) boyfriend asking us permission to marry her! He was so nervous! He was so cute though telling me how wonderful she is and how much he loves her! OMG...he is picking up the ring tomorrow but is not sure when he is going to give it to her! OMG2...they are thinking Sept/Oct. for the wedding! I think I need a drink and I don't drink!

Kim

Yeah, I am pretty much bouncing off the walls right now...and my hubby works nights, so he is sleeping so I can't even tell him.

Kim

AIKIM- Congrats to your daughter. My son is getting married in Sept. Today I went dress hunting, found two, brought them home but not sure what I like. I have a real problem fitting, I am not proportioned to wear a dress. 6-8size on bottom, extra large on top. I am going to let the bride look at them and decide what color she likes.

I have been reading all of the concerns and angst of people regarding promotion for Clay. I am in the I can not do anything car. I support him how I can by buying his CD and will watch him on everything I can. I am not going to get myself upset.

I do not get the assumption we are a mean board. I read a lot of other boards and belong to a couple more, but I really mostly only post here. I enjoy it here. Maybe sometimes I do not agree with someone, but probably people do not always agree with me and that is ok. As long as everyone is respectful that is fine.

Laughn, thanks for posting your perspective. I see what you are saying, and I get that it isn't fun to come here and read if you feel like you are one of the people being talked about.

Yep, I could see where it would be extra pissy if I thought people were talking about me, but truth is, I don't feel that I am being talked about and it still doesn't look good to me.

This is a key for me as well--the group hysteria, for lack of a better word, gets to me, and that is why I have written what laughn calls "them" posts. For me, it's about expressing my frustration when I feel that people are making more of something than it warrants, buying trouble in advance, misinterpreting things, that kind of thing.

See, but to me, being upset about the other people who are upset just doubles the hysteria. We now have two sets of people who are upset...a group on one side who are hysterical about whatever the hysteria of the day is and another hysterical about the first group of people who are hysterical.

I am not complaining or condemning. Like I said earlier, every board has their good and bad, if that is even an appropriate way to describe what we're talking about...because depending on which side of the aisle you sit, you could both claim this conversation good or bad.

I understand the 'fix-it' syndrome, I do. Personally, I don't get too worked up when people post different feelings, thoughts, ideas. I think everyone has a right to own their own feelings. If you're disappointed about something happening in regard to Clay, where else can you voice that but on a fan board? Who else would understand?

I also work in a art community. One person's masterpiece is the choice for another's birdcage paper. Viva la difference.

eta-ing to eeeeeee with aikim! Congratulations! :)

AIKIM- Congrats to your daughter. My son is getting married in Sept. Today I went dress hunting, found two, brought them home but not sure what I like. I have a real problem fitting, I am not proportioned to wear a dress. 6-8size on bottom, extra large on top. I am going to let the bride look at them and decide what color she likes.

I have been reading all of the concerns and angst of people regarding promotion for Clay. I am in the I can not do anything car. I support him how I can by buying his CD and will watch him on everything I can. I am not going to get myself upset.

I do not get the assumption we are a mean board. I read a lot of other boards and belong to a couple more, but I really mostly only post here. I enjoy it here. Maybe sometimes I do not agree with someone, but probably people do not always agree with me and that is ok. As long as everyone is respectful that is fine.

I absolutely hate dress shopping and now I have to lose about 40 pounds before the Fall!

Kim

Congratulations aikim!!!!!!

See, but to me, being upset about the other people who are upset just doubles the hysteria. We now have two sets of people who are upset...a group on one side who are hysterical about whatever the hysteria of the day is and another hysterical about the first group of people who are hysterical.

'Tis true, 'tis true. And yet....I think, for me anyway, that there needs to be a place to let that kind of crap out -- and let it go. I've really never gotten the feeling that we here at FCA wallow in the angst about the angst (hee), and for me, that makes it feel a bit different. I can see where others would question my sanity in regards to that, but it is how I feel. At other boards, with regards to "angst," it seems that some enjoy that worry, that dread. IMO, we here at FCA vent about what is happening elsewhere, and then it's (mostly) gone. Can't claim perfection on that though...I know that. We do tend to revisit it. Heh.

I understand the 'fix-it' syndrome, I do. Personally, I don't get too worked up when people post different feelings, thoughts, ideas. I think everyone has a right to own their own feelings. If you're disappointed about something happening in regard to Clay, where else can you voice that but on a fan board? Who else would understand?

I totally agree -- and that's why I'm confused. We have members who post their disappointments about Clay around here, and that's fine with me, as long as they are said respectfully. I may not agree, but hey, them's the breaks. But, the past 24 hours made me think that some don't feel like they can do that anymore. Why is that? What changed? I totally get that some were upset by the article, whether it be what the writer did with the information, or the information Clay gave (or in one case, didn't give). I'd hope that people who did feel that way would go ahead and post.

Yep, I could see where it would be extra pissy if I thought people were talking about me, but truth is, I don't feel that I am being talked about and it still doesn't look good to me.

I hope I didn't come off as saying that it would only look bad to people who felt talked about. Obviously it's a bigger issue than that.

I am not complaining or condemning. Like I said earlier, every board has their good and bad, if that is even an appropriate way to describe what we're talking about...because depending on which side of the aisle you sit, you could both claim this conversation good or bad.

I also work in a art community. One person's masterpiece is the choice for another's birdcage paper. Viva la difference.

eta-ing to eeeeeee with aikim! Congratulations! :)

Please, please, please, don't ignore the part of the post, which you didn't quote, where I said that I WAS NOT claiming I was right, or even that who I am makes sense, not at all. I've been feeling awful about YSRN, and trying to communicate about this, but now I just want to go cry. All I can do is try to explain how I feel, and if it wasn't obvious that I was trying to say that everyone is absolutely 100% entitled to be exactly who they are, and that I am not saying that I am right and they are wrong, then I suck at communication and I just don't know what else to do except go have a good cry. :cry4:

The clip from American Idol Extra is in the vault at CV and should be at CU soon! Don't miss this...Clay looked good, lots of clips from Spamalot; showed the CD and Clay told Simon to kiss his f..f.oot regarding Simon's Broadway comment!

Kim

Please, please, please, don't ignore the part of the post, which you didn't quote, where I said that I WAS NOT claiming I was right, or even that who I am makes sense, not at all. I've been feeling awful about YSRN, and trying to communicate about this, but now I just want to go cry. All I can do is try to explain how I feel, and if it wasn't obvious that I was trying to say that everyone is absolutely 100% entitled to be exactly who they are, and that I am not saying that I am right and they are wrong, then I suck at communication and I just don't know what else to do except go have a good cry.

jmh, I did not ignore that part of your post. I think I should have mentioned right off the bat that I am a Libra. I can usually see everyone's side of the issue...sometimes whether I want to or not. LOL

I was not trying to make anyone feel badly about anything...really. We all are who we are, and I don't think anyone need apologize for that. If anything, I was trying to point out a few things I thought might give posters here a different perspective...one from someone who hadn't walked the same path from the beginnings of this board as most of you had.

We all see things, hear things, learn, move and grow. Sometimes even the 'angsty' posts, from other boards as well as here, just serve to let people see the view from another's window and provide a perspective they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Ldyj, I love that little SD video. His 'Yeah, Maryland. Rock on!!" cracked me up! I would love to be from Maryland and hear him say that.

Heck, at one of the M&Gs last summer he told someone that he could tell she was from Ohio because of her 'nicely modulated even voice.' I wanted to have that tattooed on my butt.

Hi again! I've been downloading the songs from Clay's Amazon music list to add to my Rose Radio playlist. However, he doesn't specify a song from Andrea Bocelli's album "The Best of Andrea Bocelli: Vivere". I need some help picking a song, so I have created a poll on my Rose Radio blog and if you would vote on your favorite it would really help me out. The poll ends Saturday night and I will be programming a Clay Aiken song list event to play everyday starting next week

Heck, at one of the M&Gs last summer he told someone that he could tell she was from Ohio because of her 'nicely modulated even voice.' I wanted to have that tattooed on my butt.

Diet Coke, meet monitor & keyboard! :spit:

Congrats aikim!

Ok.... did anyone else get lost, thinking about Clay's comment about listening to the hauntingly beautiful "Gabriel's Oboe" while looking out at the Manhattan skyline at night? Anyone? :dead-1:

Thanks lajeterfan, downloading now!!

Play thanks for the Prayer for the stressed! It's too funny.

Laughn... I don't think any conversation where you're at least trying to communicate and understand each other is bad. It's damn good IMO. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Aikim...congrats... he sounds like a keeper.

CG... loved your posts..the gooey parts, the honest parts, all of it. I don't think I have anything left to say.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that was great. Thanks for the sendspace.

USA TODAY

Coming Attractions: Achin' for some Aiken? It's on the way

By Robert Bianco and Ken Barnes, USA TODAY

Television

Aiken is well on his way to new CD

"I would like to have signature songs," Clay Aiken says, "songs that are identifiable as mine as opposed to 'Clay Aiken sings such-and-such.' " That's why the American Idol Season 2 runner-up conducted an intensive search for songs he could connect with.

"I went through a bunch of songs and found On My Way Here by (OneRepublic's) Ryan Tedder, and it hit me in the gut," he says. "It became the catalyst for the whole album to be lyrically connected — most of the songs relate to lessons I've learned."

On My Way Here became both the title track and lead single for Aiken's album, due May 6 on RCA. The album, produced by Kipper, is Aiken's first collection of new material since his debut, 2003's Measure of a Man, which has sold nearly 3 million copies.

Aiken co-wrote one song on the new album, Lover All Alone. Musically, he promises the new album has "a little bit of something for everyone, from symphonic-type ballads to upbeat, edgy stuff."

Sounds good, doesn't it? :)

Sounds fabulous. Chomps at bit.

Here's another cool thing, from the CB, via CH, with scans:

Clay now in National Playbill. Here is the National version of PLAYBILL(March).Clay is mentioned in the cover as Idol no More and inside is the Andrew Gans article"It Takes Two."

Someone there saw it at Wicked over the weekend. Also, same thread,

the National Playbill is available in all bookstores and magazine stores. BTW this mag usually comes out at the end of each month so this issue dated March 31st is really for April.

From another CB post, this graphic from the San Diego pre-party last year, representing all the countries that attended:

basicprepartyposter.jpg