#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Play, Muski, ChaCha, and jmh: Thank you for the kind words. You are very wise. :thankyou: I am actually feeling better. I think I just needed to talk about it. (Or maybe it was that review and picturing that lady's hand on some strange man's leg!) :cryingwlaughter: It is nice (in a sick way) to know it is not just me. I was beginning to wonder.

Press Release? Single? :clap:

OT but has anybody else gone to find an emoticon and by the time you got 2/3 of the way through them forget what you were looking for? :blush: Why are the good ones at the bottom?

checks real quick to make sure she's not responsible for emoticons...

Woo Hoo! I mean, I'm sure our extra-ordinarily tech-savvy admins will do something about that - all us mods do is party! I'm using play's for inspiration right now!

Ha ha! No sneak peak lady!

Well crap...I came over here to post an email I just got, saw the pretty picture of Clay on the floor, and then forgot! LOL

For you ladies...

1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey.

2 When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsiness.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;

Because you are my friend.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

BWAH! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I really don't mind the mininal angst, but what is there seems to be reaching really hard to find something , anything.

However, I will predict the end of the party on Monday fete020.gif or

maybe some will go somewhere and do this b1039ed1.gif

<snip horrible but totally not surprising story>

I have now completely withdrawn from the Clay Aiken fans here and decided not to coordinate my city’s CDRP. Let them have their fun. When something is no longer fun, you need to stop.

I hear you say that this board has a reputation of being mean. Really? I have lurked here for quite a while and have never gotten that impression. I think FCA is one of the few “sane” boards. Hopefully I will be able to meet some of you one of these days. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for letting me rant...now maybe I can get past all of this and get back to just being a Clay Aiken fan.

{{{{pkmiller}}}}

Just when you think you’ve heard the worst about Clay’s fans….

For the record, and IMO, there is no such thing as an “elite fan” or “very special clack gatherers”. All fans should be treated equally - and I think they are, by Clay, with a few exceptions. Those are hated by those “elite” fans. HA!! Will they ever learn (I sense a theme!) that you get more flies with honey? Jealousy is ugly. Clack gatherers? ALL of them are great, regardless of fan board affiliation, etc. Of course, I am especially fond of Scarlett, but hey! She’s scarlett! <g> And she’s verra verra nice and doesn’t put on airs. Of course, it takes her 8 months to render video *I* took with one of her cameras, but hey. <g> You can’t have everything.

Organizing is not my thing - but I'm occasional glad for those who do it well!

Three weeks for moi! YAY!

Me too!!! Yay!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! For the radio single and press release!!

PKMiller People are in different places and have different needs, different resources (and YES, different bank accounts.) If people want to buy 10000 stubhubs in a row, that's ok with me. More money for charity. It's what they need. Not what I need. I don't really understand the "elite" vs non-elite. Did they label themselves that way or did others?

At any rate, I have met some real turkeys among Clay fans (and probably some people think I AM a turkey--LOL.) But, I've also met some real turkeys at the grocery store and pretty much everywhere else. People are complex. Most Clay fans (including most of the people I've met from FCA) have been great!!! I've made some wonderful friends.

Just go to NYC! Have a great time! Maybe the person you are going wiith doesn't feel the same as you about the other group. That doesn't mean that she values you less. I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.

CG.... loved your explanation of this board I have come to love so much. Thanks!

Okay, I missed Clay on TV but for a very good reason....I just got a call from my oldest daughter's (Emily) boyfriend asking us permission to marry her! He was so nervous! He was so cute though telling me how wonderful she is and how much he loves her! OMG...he is picking up the ring tomorrow but is not sure when he is going to give it to her! OMG2...they are thinking Sept/Oct. for the wedding! I think I need a drink and I don't drink!

Kim

aikim... congrats on the wedding! Course, she has to say "yes" firstest! :cryingwlaughter:

pkmiller.... I am sorry you had that experience! That hurts. Hope you can work it out so you enjoy your trip to NYC to spam Clay!!!

None of us here are "important" Clayfans.... we are GREAT clayfans!!!

Oh, wait... Scarlet is an important Clayfan cause she entertains us AND Clay with her fantastic clack gathering... :cryingwlaughter: (I LOVE to watch Clay taking clack with Scarlet's camera and I crack up when he calls Solo out for smacking her upside the head for calling her Solo instead of Han!!! FUNNY!!!)

My only beef with the press release is the lack of a new paragraph between when they are talking about the covers he sang, then the next sentence goes into the new songs... confusing! Also, I was hoping for an uptempo song for the first single, not a ballad, but what the hey... what will be will be!

I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.

Now THAT'S a thread title! :F_05BL17blowkiss: wanda!

{{{{{{pkmiller}}}}}}} Just go and have a good time and blow Clay a kiss from us. That will help you cope, I'm sure.

EEEEEEEEEEEE for the press release and the single preview! Yes, I will listen to it, I'm not TOTALLY stupid in my rationale of not listening to the album before the release date! *g* Besides, I've got to hear it so that when I DO hear it on the radio, I'll be ready for it!

Press Release? Hmmm....let me get my English teacher's red pencil out and ready.... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh joy! I'm soooooo excited about all the build up for Mr. Aiken's new CD...and the purdy pictures in USA Today! And the full-page Clay promo for Spamalot in the NATIONAL Playbills! And the unbelievably HAWT interview on that AI special show! And...

Oh.

He's so yummy. So verra verra niiiiiice. :hubbahubba:

ETA:

My only beef with the press release is the lack of a new paragraph between when they are talking about the covers he sang, then the next sentence goes into the new songs... confusing!
liney...after reading it, I agree with you. My red pencil FLEW over that section and called for at least some transitional phrasing between the list and description of the songs from former cds, and the new songs on this cd! Tsk. Tsk. I'd ask for a little rewrite from my student on that part.

:cryingwlaughter:

I think the only difference I would have done was to make that section with the new songs a brand new paragraph....

...but then I'm not an English teacher, nor do I play one on TV.

Ken Barnes blogs about talking with Clay

By Ken Barnes

My (brief) encounter with Clay

I usually avoid opportunities to interview Idols and past Idols, because to me the important thing is to stay detached and objective, and sometimes it's hard to stay objective when you've chatted with someone.

But USA TODAY was offered a chance to do an item on Clay's new album, and the label offered to have him talk about it a little. The music reporters were otherwise occupied (crazy busy, actually), so I volunteered, figuring it would be a short chat and my fragile integrity could withstand the experience.

Well, it was a short chat, and Clay couldn't have been more pleasant. We mostly talked about the album (I'll include the item that resulted at the bottom of this post), but I also complimented him on having the most dedicated fans around, to which he responded something along the lines of "Yeah, if you write something bad about me, you'll hear from them," to which I replied something along the lines of "Yes, I've experienced that." He then acknowledged how loyal his fans are and how lucky he is to inspire that loyalty.

Anyway, that was the gist of it. And here's the item:

“I would like to have signature songs,” Clay Aiken says, “songs that are identifiable as mine as opposed to ‘Clay Aiken sings such-and-such.’ ” That’s why the American Idol Season 2 runner-up conducted an intensive search for new songs he could connect with.

“I went through a bunch of songs,” he says, “and found On My Way Here by (OneRepublic leader) Ryan Tedder, and it hit me in the gut. It became the catalyst for the whole album to be lyrically connected — most of the songs relate to lessons I’ve learned.” On My Way Here became not only the title track for Aiken’s new album, due May 6 on RCA, but also the lead single.

The album, produced by Kipper (who has worked with Sting, among others), is Aiken’s first collection of new material since his debut, 2003’s Measure of a Man, which has sold nearly 3 million copies. It was followed by a Christmas album and covers album A Thousand Different Ways.

Aiken co-wrote one song on the new album, Lover All Alone, which first surfaced as an iTunes bonus track for Thousand. Musically, he promises the new album has “a little bit of something for everyone, from symphonic-type ballads to upbeat, edgy stuff.”

Posted on April 04, 2008

Regarding OMWH...I have seen some concern here and elsewhere about it being a ballad and I am really wondering how some are coming to that conclusion when the only snippet we have heard from Clay is during the WRAL-TV interviews. Are people basing their opinion on the Ryan Tedder version and if so, how do you know that Clay will be singing it in the exact same way?

Kim

One reason i don't post very much is that I really don't have very many Clay friends. Except for playbiller and she is stuck with me for most concerts. I do enjoy meeting others at parties or at BAF volunteer opportunities, but then the gossip always starts up and it really bothers me to hear some of the things that are said about others I don't know that well. Some of it would make FBM sound like Mother Teresa. None of this was from FCA people.

Hope I don't sound bitter because I'm not. I still really enjoy seeing Clay and following his career but a few (very few) of the fans have really made some things not so much fun anymore. Already the pens seem poised to write about this cd. Sometimes I think I'd make a great non internet fan but then I wouldn't always know what's going on with Clay and I would miss that.

By the way that 's another great banner up there. I also loved the press release. It really accentuated the feel of these songs. I hope I don't crack and listen to AOL on Monday. Once a virgin always a virgin.

Darn you meddling kids and yer "transitional phrasing"!

myst_mach.jpg

{{{pkmiller}}} It sucks when people get so catty. Don't you dare let one son of a silly person[/obscure Spam reference] keep you from going on that trip to NYC and seeing Clay!

YAY for the press release! :flirtysmile3:

It's Friday and we've got a verra verra CUTE boyfriend ya'll! :partytime2:

an emoticon for us on Monday 20ebd841.gif

I forgot to comment on this emoticon earlier....BWAH! CG! Doesn't this make you think of you, me and our lurker friend (waves to lovely lurker buddy :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) in the hotel bar at the West Palm Beach concert last summer? :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! Good times, good times. :clap:

When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsiness.

Oh pk you could so be a member of the eHP!!

What is the eHP? Should I be afraid?

PKMiller People are in different places and have different needs, different resources (and YES, different bank accounts.) If people want to buy 10000 stubhubs in a row, that's ok with me. More money for charity.

I should have clarified...I don't dislike them because they have money but rather because of their attitude and I'm not talking about everyone with money...only these particular women and the impression I got. Sorry.

Sometimes I think I'd make a great non internet fan but then I wouldn't always know what's going on with Clay and I would miss that.

Exactly! Me too!

One reason i don't post very much is that I really don't have very many Clay friends. Except for playbiller and she is stuck with me for most concerts.

<snip>

By the way that 's another great banner up there. I also loved the press release. It really accentuated the feel of these songs. I hope I don't crack and listen to AOL on Monday. Once a virgin always a virgin.

And she is damn luckty to have me as a friend, said after transversing to 5 stores to find her a USATODAY. Rethinking posting this knowing I will need a place to stay in NC in the future

About the virgin thing, sure. I will listen whhen it goes to AOL, but I have had it with snippets, none for me, unless it is played in an interview, but I don't download the ones that are cobbled together. Have you read about the pilfered demos From Kelly Cs album? A conundrum for her fans, to listen or not to listen to unfinished raw demos obtained illeagally. Now, we all know a few Clay fans would have done that if they could have, patience is not considered a virtue by all. I, for once, would like to hear the album presented as Clay wants to present it to me. I believe the AOL is part of the presentation as is the weblogs. It also makes me wonder if all fandom is evolving with the super techies out there and whatnot. I love that nearly every concert is documented, but I usualy only download concert video if people I know are discussing it or is something remarkable has happened. It is just comforting to know it is there.

I wonder if Bo's and Constantine's vaults are still functioning? I remember when people in the Ch helped their fans set the vaults up.

Whoo whoo 3a471623.gif

next stop getting off this weird "train of thought" style post!

But first

Amazon's current blog

........Widget of the week: a countdown widget to Clay Aiken's new album, On My Way Here. Feel the Clay-mentum!.....
BWAH!