#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Even though I love Clay - I am not, and probably never will be an "album" person. Individuals tracks sell it to me!

Well, damn!

Clay has made the serious big time!

I don't own a Mac product in any shape, form or fashion - but I'm freakin' EXCITED about the widget of the week!

Even though I love Clay - I am not, and probably never will be an "album" person. Individuals tracks sell it to me!

Well, damn!

I don't own a Mac product in any shape, form or fashion - but I'm freakin' EXCITED about the widget of the week!

KAndre... you and widgets just go together like you and red, top down sportscars... BWAH!!!

hmmmm...where's OUR countdown thingie. Aren't the two technical admins back or is that my imagination :lilredani:

"waves hand madly" Here I am! Guess I need to make my countdowns a little flashier!

Kim

hmmmm...where's OUR countdown thingie. Aren't the two technical admins back or is that my imagination :lilredani:

"waves hand madly" Here I am! Guess I need to make my countdowns a little flashier!

Kim

Good one!

an emoticon for us on Monday 20ebd841.gif

I forgot to comment on this emoticon earlier....BWAH! CG! Doesn't this make you think of you, me and our lurker friend (waves to lovely lurker buddy :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) in the hotel bar at the West Palm Beach concert last summer? :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! Good times, good times. :clap:

OMG! It is soooooooooooooooooo us!!!! Damn that was fun!!!

And did I read this from the Ken Barnes?

and the label offered to have him talk

The label? I thought they were muzzling him!

Well, damn!

I am an album person! :) For instance, if I ever hear a track from the Beatles on the radio (back when I actually used to listen to radio! lol), my mind would automatically hear the next track starting after the song ends. Especially with their early albums which I played over and over and there was no bad cut. I think I could do that with MOAM. But I have to admit, with the introduction of itunes to my lifestyle, the tracks on ADTW got so rearranged I have no idea what order they belong in! All I know is RHW is first! (But that's not the song I wake up to on my CD/clock/radio every morning!) But before I got my ipod, I listened to the CD (the actual CD) over and over in the car on my commute.

As for the new widget - WOW! Clay has made it bigtime!! I was excited thinking it might go on my ipod, but nooooooooooooo (tm John Belushi) -- it's only for Mac computers. :(

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

for MONDAY!!

that is all :cryingwlaughter:

Hi everybody! Thought I'd drop by and drop off the link to the page of album countdown widgets I made just in case some didn't see it on other boards. Feel free to use them on your blogs and websites. Need a custom design for the site Couch Tomato?

Yes Yes YES heee.

don't worry aikim...this countdowner is a short timer!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: It's so limiting...only knows how to count down one thing at time. :cryingwlaughter:

FearofH20 [clearing throat]

You've got a friend.........da dum dee dum.....you've got a friend.......! :friends:

I stopped to read here today before catching up at CV.

I think the press release was fine and I'm thrilled that we'll get a song on Monday. I just hope it's available before I go to work. If not, it's going to be a very long day. I might have to bring my laptop with me and head to Barnes & Noble on my lunch for some free Wi-Fi.

I stopped to read here today before catching up at CV.

I think the press release was fine and I'm thrilled that we'll get a song on Monday. I just hope it's available before I go to work. If not, it's going to be a very long day. I might have to bring my laptop with me and head to Barnes & Noble on my lunch for some free Wi-Fi.

Thankful - you got headphones with that?? :D

THANK YOU to RoseViolet for the countdown widget. :thankyou:

I got it installed on my webpage with no probs!!

If you want to the see the press release all dressed-up and lookin' pretty

GO HERE!!

Clay Aiken to Release Brand-New Album, On My Way Here,on May 6th 2008

~~~~

eta.........BTW - someone wrote to Amazon and found out that that list of songs was NOT submitted by Clay. The POSERS!! They have some nerve!

If you want to the see the press release all dressed-up and lookin' pretty

GO HERE!!

Clay Aiken to Release Brand-New Album, On My Way Here,on May 6th 2008

WHOA, ChaCha! That's almost too much purdy! Holy smokes, just scrolling down the page is enough to make me go into a Meg Ryan impersonation...

YES!YES!YES! :hubbahubba::Thud:

So exactly what TIME on Monday, April 7th will the AOL First Listen thingy happen? Hmmmm? I need to clear my work calendar of any pesky meetings and whatnot.... :whistling-1:

It's Friday, y'all! I'm going home! Woo Hoo! Hubby suggested a family DVD night tonight since we've all been flung to far corners of the continent and even to another continent in the past few weeks. I think that's a great idea...

Think they'd go for the "Best of JBT" movie I have? :lilredani: We wouldn't even have to make a trip to the video store! :cryingwlaughter:

The theme around the promotion seems to be how this is a personal journey for Clay. And the press release follows that theme. I like it. It's a more mature Clay.

Dare I say it......we have a narrative..

I am an album person! :) For instance, if I ever hear a track from the Beatles on the radio (back when I actually used to listen to radio! lol), my mind would automatically hear the next track starting after the song ends. Especially with their early albums which I played over and over and there was no bad cut. I think I could do that with MOAM.

I'm absolutely an album person and have the exact experience you describe, cha cha. I always hear the opening of the next song when a track from an album I have comes to an end, no matter what the source. It's especially striking when it happens on a mix that I make. It can be confusing when you have songs on different mixes and the song that follows changes depending on which one's in the player. It's sort of like being on a long but routine drive and not being sure exactly where you are at a given point along the way. Fun! I usually find that my favorite tracks on an album are ones I wouldn't hear if I relied on a popular source. Right now I'm listening to my current favorite albums a lot more than usual because I know that when OMWH hits, I won't be able to focus on any music but Clay's for a couple of months. Odd, but true. It used to disturb me, but I've just come to accept it and know that it will fade eventually.

Press release schmess release! Widgets are DA BOMB!
:cryingwlaughter:

When I read about the Widget of the Week, I made an appointment to have my PowerBook checked out. Nothing like a Clay toy as a motivator. I love my Mac, but have let it sit for almost a month in non-working condition. Good thing it's not my only computer. I'm worried because I've never had a Mac that had a problem before. I hope it's not serious.

Hey, this is my first time using the multiple quote thingy. I wonder it will work!

ETA: YES! tm King Arthur - was it after his first arm slash of the Black Knight? I better go see the play again to check.

From WinkyDink at CH:

And from the "FWIW" Dept:

About those Amazon quotes? I inquired. I received an answer.

Greetings from Amazon.com,

Thank you for your interest in "Clay Aiken's List of Music You Should Hear".

Upon further research I have found that this is not a list submitted by Clay Aiken. However, it is a list created by our music editors.

I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding.

Great recap from abbeynormal at the CH:

Interrupting EEEEEing SQUEEEEEing and PEEEEEing to post my NYC recap, which is quite late due to my dealing with flooded basement damage, and inherent hassles, but it could’ve been worse, so I won’t complain.

Recuperating from a broken foot impaired my mobility somewhat, and I’m still a bit pissy about that. It hurt like hell, except when we were sitting in the Shubert Theatre watching Clay--go figure. Clay relieves pain, y'all.

deweygirl and I spent our first night in NY watching my second favorite boyfriend, David Hyde Pierce (I watch Frasier reruns every night, just to get my Niles fix) in Curtains. Great fun and well worth it, but, of course, it doesn‘t move as fast as Spam. Afterward, I was lucky enough to get a spot in the first row behind the barricades. I got several members of the cast to sign my playbill, then DHP came out. Nice, friendly, I got to talk to him and got my picture taken with him. I told him I’m a fan and I watch the Niles Crane Show every night. He laughed and thanked me. Hee--I made Niles Crane laugh. So cool. IUGal, Chris and MrIUGal told me they watch Niles every night, too.

I hoped that out of 4 Spam shows I would have a shot at getting Clay to sign my poster, but we couldn't get anywhere near the barricades and our last night (Chris' last night), he didn't come out at all. Jerome came out of the stage door immediately and said that Clay was NOT coming out, but that the rest of the cast would be out later. The crowd was HUGE and the only reason we could see Jerome is because he is HUGE. We didn't stick around as we couldn't have gotten anywhere close anyway, and I was still being protective of my foot. I have to believe the crowds had something to do with being the weekend before spring break (Easter weekend) because it looked to be more crowded every night at the stage door than the majority of what I’ve seen in the SD clack.. I only got the very very cute Tom Deckman to sign my playbill. It appeared that many of those who got in the front row hadn’t gone to the show and staked out the SD before the show was over.

I’ll not repeat what’s already been said--just some disjointed comments on the extras we observed.

Our last show, Sunday night, Mar 23: We were in the front row on the far (house) left and some action was blocked ((a couple of times the King‘s ass was blocking Clay‘s face), but I saw a lot of interaction between Clay & Chris. Also, during the curtain call, when Clay came out, Hannah gave a big pouty face. At first, I thought she was teasing him about getting louder applause than she did, but, on second thought, I think it was a sad pout directed at Chris because of his last night. He did get extra applause and came forward to take another bow. I think Clay is really going to miss him. This was the night we sat next to bbandit from CB who came all alone from Singapore to spend the week with Clay. We acted like old friends and gossiped (even though she couldn’t remember my name).

*waves to bbandit*

After the house lights came up, we could see the cast in the wings all drinking champagne and the chorus guys were walking around the stage with their glasses, still in costume. It looked like Chris's party started immediately after the house lights went up.

Clay did appear to be favoring his left leg, but if you didn't know, you wouldn't notice. He seems verra verra comfortable in this role, the background conversations are hilarious, and yes, that man can dance. His sing songy sarcastic “they couldn’t carry it anyway” in the tower scene is sooo cute. Our last night Brother Maynard sang the AMEN.

When he soiled his pants, the others made faces, fanned the air and backed away. Don’t know if this happened at all the shows or I just heard it when I was sitting very close---after the Black Knight literally scares the shit out of him and he runs away, then comes back and Sir Fred is still singing about it, Robin cries, “Stop it. Stop it. Don't you know any other songs?“

I have a new fantasy, in addition to the (ahem) well, you know. I want to just hang out with that cast. Can you imagine the funny with Clay, Chris, Rick, Tom, Hannah and David Hibbard. I would imagine Chris and Rick could keep you in stitches forever. I think I have several new pretend boyfriends now. I cannot imagine anyone being funnier than this group.

The chicken woman was standing next to me in the line to get in Saturday night. I only know that because she was talking to someone next to her who said “Aww, you couldn't get him to sign your chicken?“

Something cool I learned from the Playbill--David Hibbard teaches at NYU.

Being in the front row one night allowed us to hear a lot of subtle background dialogue (all in character--very impressive) and made it worth putting up with a small amount of obstructions. You also get some real good looks at the girl dancers perfect bodies. (we hate them). [tm Niles Crane] I could touch the scenery and lean on the stage. I really could've leaned forward just a bit and touched Patsy's feet. Knees right up against the stage. I was close enough to see that Clay had a little zit on the right side of his neck. It was verra cute.

When they go to Camelot and Sir Robin starts chasing the girls, first, he's almost on the floor looking up their skirts, then he screams to Galahad "Look at it. LOOK.AT.IT." Emphasis on IT. So funny and his pants soiling has truly become an art form.

His drunken guard scene is unbelievably hysterical and it got funnier with each show. The HUGE dramatic pauses from everybody, then before Clay says about the other guard, "Oh, I thought you meant HIM“--he cackles hysterically, and leans and weaves.....then goes deadpan---that entire scene is a pants wetter. I don't see how anybody could do the Prince Herbert scene any better than Chris and Tom. And how Patsy as the guard doesn't fall over--it's just well...I really feel sorry for anyone who isn't able to see this.

Abbeynormal, the dog and the cats were happy to see me come home, but Ray Charles went right back to trying to destroy the computer, and I now have a cat-proof barricade around my computer stuff. I've tried the Herbert's father method of training--” Nooooo, Nooooo, Stop it. NOOOOOOOO". Doesn't work on cats. He'd better be careful, or I'll make a shrub out of him.

Do whatever it takes to see this. I expected good, but this was awesome and I’m grateful I got to see Chris Seiber, too. Broadway is surely the cream of the crop and I’m so happy Clay fits right in with the best.

Adding another reply to...well, vent a bit.

Does it seem weird to others besides me that we now know that this Amazon list is now "phony?" I mean, I thought it was kinda cool, and I guess I liked the illusion of it all. So I had no reason to follow up with Amazon to check the veracity of the list. *shrug*

I also am reading elsewhere that people now know the person (and company) that came up with the press release....name, address, telephone number, etc. Again, I'm finding it a bit...unnerving. I understand that people were questioning who wrote this, originally because it wasn't signed. But I went back through my files, and the ATDW press release wasn't signed either. And maybe my memory is faulty (it very well could be), but I don't remember others looking around for who wrote THAT release.

As a matter of fact, I'm seeing lots of interesting parallels between the release publicity for ATDW and OMWH. The press release timing is almost the same; also, the release of the first single. The first public place to see the release in both instances? USA Today. I honestly think the TV promos will be similar as well.

Of course, I suppose this all means that RCA isn't supporting OMWH either. [/snerk]