#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Ah, I haven't been over here since yesterday morning so I ended up reading five pages backwards to try to get a feel for things. I will just toss in my two cents, for what it's worth.

I haven't been posting here all that long, so I guess since I have my foot in the door on more than one board, I will tell you how things look to me.

I too post on a few boards. I agree each and everyone has it's own flavor. They all have good points and bad points. I am quiet thankfully friends with members on each board. There are some members on each board I will probably not become close friends with...sort of like RL. The only 'habit' I have found from the posters here...and yes, I do know that's a gross generalization and yes I do think members of each board form like habits...is that there is a tendency to have 'them' conversations as opposed to 'I' conversations...at least to start with.

Picture of group of people standing around at a party having a conversation, you then walk from one room into another (and I do think each fan board is that closely connected) and since they are talking about the same topic, you start talking in the new group as well.

Now, do you spend your time in the new group talking about what the people in the last room thought, how you disagreed with them, how you think they don't see things the same, or do you enter into the new conversation stating your own opinions and feelings and go from there?

I find that here at times. Someone comes in and complains about the conversation they just had or overheard in the other room (or board as the case may be) and then everyone here joins in and eventually have a nice conversation about the topic of the day...but that's usually at the expense of whomever it was that the initial poster disagreed with in the first place.

I know I am probably as clear as mud about this...sorry.

If you come in and start the conversation, 'OMG, what a bitchy world it is out there! Everyone is going freakin' nuts. I don't know what's wrong with them!, ' as opposed to "I think that interview is great!', you get an entirely different feeling when the bottom line is the same. You're saying you liked the interview...or didn't like it as the case may be...but you're not saying how screwed up the people in the other room are. You now have a conversation about the interview and not about the fans talking about the interview.

..and that's not even bringing up the fact that some people from the first room turn up in that other group later and find out they've been grouped with 'the idiots in the other room.'

I understand that perfectly. Thank you!!

Hey remember me...the other board Admin ???

First of all...although I haven't been posting the last month, I was still here reading the board and I have been pretty up to date about most of the issues brought to the table. I just couldn;t post because my connection was bad and the board kept kicking me out...I know how you feel lucky...hee

I have spent the last couple of hours catching up on this discussion and once again several people have spoken for me...ldyJ and Claygasm in particular. CG...loved your post...you sure get this board and the culture we want to maintain.

At this point I feel like our policy of letting post about the board and other boards stand is in question. I come from CH where no post about boards is allowed. I respect that this is their policy and I won't argue with that. But I found that personally...that policy was not healthy for me. Just because people don;t talk about what is troubling them it does not mean the hurt, the tension, the conflict is not around. I noticed that by keeping it all hidden the anger simply festers and are manifested in a lot of passive aggressive behavior or some secret war via pms. The board ends up very tense and people end up leaving.

CG was right...that we decided to suspend this no board talk during the height of the ATDW angsting. We just needed a place to express our opinions and our frustration. What I found is that it was much more healthy for me to say it and discuss it openly...much easier to let it go after and really just enjoy being a Clay fan. Now of course...its natural that people that disagreed with our position would feel that we were attacking them. As far as I'm concerned...it really was not about who was right or wrong anymore...its about just having a way to let the tension go and get back to the important goal of having fun.

Now I do not go around hunting down issues to get upset about. I don't go to other boards to look for something to bitch about. The only board I go to is CH and that is to look for info or recaps. But most of the time I just peak cos when they are talking about issues that exasperate me ...I just leave. At times I read things that truly disturb me or things that I don;t understand. When I am moved to post about it...it usually is pretty big that I feel may affect the whole fandom. To me I am not talking about CH but a particular issue that I happen to read at CH. I get upset at attitudes or mindset that I think may affect the fandom or Clay negatively.

Now most of the times...I don't really know whats happening around the fandom. Lately I barely have time to read FCA much less surf the other boards. When people mention certain issues that are being discussed in other boards I don't know where it comes from so it is not about any one board for me or about specific fans but again its about issues. I also don;t think its about telling other people about how to be a fan but just expressing how certain things can bother us. I don't see it as adding to the hysteria...but venting so we can let it go. I actually think having this place to vent helps keep the hysteria down in other places. In the past I would be going in and posting on CH and just making the discussion longer and creating more conflict until the trout starts flying cos you can't post about the board or I will be told not to tell others how to post. Now I just post my opinions and frustrations here and let it go. I do not post for other boards...I post for myself and our members. If other boards choose to come here and see our reactions...then its up to them. But I do wonder...whats the point? Do people really expect everyone to agree? So what if people on other boards disagree or think what someone wrote was pointless...aren't we entitled to our opinion?

Having said all that...I do welcome respectful criticism. I do welcome discussions such as this because it tends to clear the air. I take no offense and don't feel attacked by anything laughn or thankful4clay has said. I am grateful that they have allowed us to clarify our position. I am saddened that YSRN feels she is not welcome here. We do welcome all kinds of opinions. We do not have group think here so I totally expect the differences. I just hope people will post their differing opinions and give this board a chance instead of assuming that their opinion won't be welcome. People may disagree...but as long as the posts are respectful, we are not against having a healthy debate.

on other issues...COngrats aikim!!!

and now I;m off to watch that interview.

*makes note to stop at store and pick up all copies of USA Today I can find*

I always find it interesting that USA Today almost always has the TV guys write the articles on Clay.

I'm so loving all this publicity so much. And I'm loving Clay Aiken so very much right now too....

So On My Way Here is the lead single? I like what I've heard of that song so far. Or is Ken Barnes talking out of his butt. Did we hear somewhere that Ashes was the lead single? I'm so excited...about everything!!

ETA Oh it isn't Barnes... anyway it was a nice little blurb

Claygasm wrote:

Clay said booger!!
:cryingwlaughter:

In the end, I think we humans are more alike than different.

I used to carry this quote from Vincent van Gogh in my siggy, (when the boards used those big siggies)

“I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people”

...and on that note, I will say 'good-night,' and crawl to bed...*muah*

HRMMPHH! I see that nobody posted a naughty picture of Clay as I so sweetly suggested earlier...hrrrmph! Guess I'll have to do it...I swear, a smutter's work is never done when the smut-tee is Clay. heh.

golfguhhlg-1.jpg

croppedguh.jpg

notyammy.jpg

thumbrings.jpg

3dsiafcdalmost.jpg

Huh? You say these aren't 'naughty' pictures? Well, my thoughts when I study them are. :hubbahubba: It's all about imagination, donchaknow.

Know what, y'all? I am soooooo happy about all the wonderful promotion for Clay and the CD and Spamalot and just....everything about him, you know? I'm just sooooo enjoying the POSITIVE vibes around the man these days....and sooooo ready to let the negative shit run downhill to whoever wants to stand in the trenches to catch it....

Gonna walk the doggie---NO! First I'm going to watch the clip! :hubbahubba:

So On My Way Here is the lead single? I like what I've heard of that song so far. Or is Ken Barnes talking out of his butt. Did we hear somewhere that Ashes was the lead single? I'm so excited...about everything!!

ETA Oh it isn't Barnes... anyway it was a nice little blurb

I think Clay loves him some OMWH! If it is indeed the first single, I would bet money it was Clay who really, really wanted it to be.

Thank you, FCA, for the intelligent discussion.

Most boards would get very defensive and start lashing out. You didn't do that, and I thank you.

And thank you for the purdy screencaps! And for hanging around for the discussion.

Muski - what lovely pictures - especially the GFI one!

Now I MUST get to bed. I have been trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I am not falling asleep at work. I used to be able to stay up late and still function the next day.

Damn it is a bitch getting old!

I agree with Ansamcw in that it is better when people can express themselves with respect and not get too negative. I have some of the same feelings about CH.

That said, I also think that boards should be honest about themselves and not condemn other boards out of hand or because of gossip. All boards have good and bad. That is where the honesty comes into play.

I may get upset with different fan boards from time to time especially with the ones where you can't talk to each other more directly but then I step away for a time so I can remain positive. Being able to communicate is one of the advantages of being on this board.

There is only one board that I don't consider a fan board and I read many of their posts before coming to that conclusion. That particular board does not accept Clay for who he says he is and they mock him as if they were not fans. That's all I'm going to say about that. To get back on topic, I've found that the boards where you can ask someone to clarify what they said, discuss the differences, and possibly end up still disagreeing seem to be the more respectful and positive boards, not only towards Clay but with regard to other fans. I've been on a couple of boards where you supposedly can't talk about other boards or fans, unless it is one deemed not worthy, but they still make a show of not talking about the boards on the boards. Go figure.

I loved the interview tonight. Clay looked gorgeous and the interview was good.

I love the SD video of Clay asking people where they are from. I can't stop watching it. He's just so damn CUTE.

I just want to celebrate.

Really? I think there are a bunch of boards like that , but then I have visited all the links from the main links on this board. Sometimes it is entertaining when you are up at 3 AM with only taxes to do. I am amazed at the variety of humor/taste/opinion around and I find there are several safe places to hide. Sadly, some boards are less active than they deserve, and, happily, there are new boards popping up all the times.

I like going to the general Ai boards because that is where newbies enter. Then they wander off to other places leaving the regulars, who are younger on some general boards or scathing and cynical on others. Those boards also give you a feeling about the cross idol emotions and I can see how fans of one person turn off the fans of another (hint, just never accept the right of someone to like someone better and insist that everyone admit their favorite is the best).

Thank you, FCA, for the intelligent discussion.

Most boards would get very defensive and start lashing out. You didn't do that, and I thank you.

Thanks, Paulette. :F_05BL17blowkiss: What you've experienced here is a good example of why I stay here. And OMG, thanks for the screen caps. MY GOD! He was drop dead gorgeous in this clip! The hair was just fine....and he even had a trace of a mustache 'coss his stubble was advanced...

And his shoulders looked gigormous! And he was sitting so casually hotly...and he was speaking so relaxed and articulately...and he was

GAH. GAH. GAH. Dayum...if he looks like this whenever he appears on shows and news interviews and whatever...there are gonna be some new "OMG! THAT'S Clay AIKEN?!?!?!????" casualties out there. :hubbahubba: I can hear all the thudding now... :Thud:

ETA: look at this beautiful, HAWT man in the screencaps on this thread on CB

OMG...

He is looking quite manly.

Yup, he is! And I'm so glad to see you posting more. I like you, and I'd love for you to be around here more often!

I only have a few minutes before hubby will spank me if I don't get to bed on time (hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe that wouldn't be so bad . . . . ). Erm, anyway, I just need to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE about the AI Extra clip! Clay's looking so cute, and I love to hear him talk. I CANNOT WAIT for this album.

Yup, he is! And I'm so glad to see you posting more. I like you, and I'd love for you to be around here more often!

I only have a few minutes before hubby will spank me if I don't get to bed on time (hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe that wouldn't be so bad . . . . ). Erm, anyway, I just need to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE about the AI Extra clip! Clay's looking so cute, and I love to hear him talk. I CANNOT WAIT for this album.

Aw, I like you, too!!

I also need to go to bed. But, I don't want a spanking. Hee.

I thought the same thing as I watched (many times) this clip. There's nothing effeminate about THAT man---just engaging, verra verra easy on the eyes, witty and thoughtful and HAWT.

I loved every freakin' thing about it...the sweater and shirt and the jeans....and the STUBBLE...dayum....dayum...I'm all a-tingle. :hubbahubba:

Congrats to future MIL, aikim! Finally, after four daughters, you're gaining a son!

I never thought of this as a mean board, just as one having an above average representation of no-nonsense, robust personalities.

I love some of Clay's listening choices. I am madly in love with "Gabriel's Oboe" and really, really like Buble's "Everything"; when I first heard the latter, I thought what a great song that would be for Clay! Other than the requisite AI mentions, I thought Clay's choices were eclectic (Andrea Bocelli) and esoteric (the above-mentioned "Gabriel's Oboe"). Does Britney have a list? *g*

kim!!! planning weddings are so much FUN!! CONGRATS!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(if you need a shoulder to vent on - I'm here! I also have 4 daughters and 3 are married!)

What a great interview! Someone has uploaded it to youtube already - here's the link. :D

I made few screencaps and picked out a few of the best.....

I think more will have to wait until tomorrow!!

NDVD_1007%20copy.jpg

NDVD_1008%20copy.jpg

NDVD_1341%20copy.jpg

nite! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had forgotten that Clay would be on that AI whatever show tonight. Thank you for posting about it.

I just have to say how fine he looks even with his straight hair (I really do prefer the tousled look, the fingers just run through it look...as in that first perfectly delicious sexy photo Irishbookgirl took...see Post #344...Lotus slips into a sweet fantasy....now how would that feel? my fingers, his hair) and how fine he sounds and what a good feeling I have after seeing this clip.

Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.

Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.

And THAT'S what it's all about! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Off to work shortly with no compter access, which makes the days go even sloooooower...... but luckily a pal at CV has been sending me e-mails at work with everything I need to know! Can't wait for today's press release!

Have a good day everyone!

I agree with Ansamcw in that it is better when people can express themselves with respect and not get too negative. I have some of the same feelings about CH.

That said, I also think that boards should be honest about themselves and not condemn other boards out of hand or because of gossip. All boards have good and bad. That is where the honesty comes into play.

I may get upset with different fan boards from time to time especially with the ones where you can't talk to each other more directly but then I step away for a time so I can remain positive. Being able to communicate is one of the advantages of being on this board.

There is only one board that I don't consider a fan board and I read many of their posts before coming to that conclusion. That particular board does not accept Clay for who he says he is and they mock him as if they were not fans. That's all I'm going to say about that. To get back on topic, I've found that the boards where you can ask someone to clarify what they said, discuss the differences, and possibly end up still disagreeing seem to be the more respectful and positive boards, not only towards Clay but with regard to other fans. I've been on a couple of boards where you supposedly can't talk about other boards or fans, unless it is one deemed not worthy, but they still make a show of not talking about the boards on the boards. Go figure.

I loved the interview tonight. Clay looked gorgeous and the interview was good.

I see a great deal of respect in your posts and I'm going to word this one. There are strong Clay fans on most fan boards. It is a shame that there are people that mock Clay at every turn and call themselves fans. That's just so confusing to me. I mean, why spend the time if you don't appreciate the man and what he's trying to do.

On a lighter note, just so you can know me a bit better. I'm totally a big picture person and, girls, I must tell you that I have to strap myself down for some of your great posts. I mean you creative people really post. Can you say a touch of ADD? Playbiller even caught me once. I was so ashamed. Waves to Playbiller.