#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Good Morning Everyone,

jazzgirl Good to see you posting! And thank you!

Cha Cha I may take you up on that offer!

30 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

32 Days until "On My Way Here" is Here!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Ah, they call Clay a resident loon. That is so sweet.

G'morning!

Where ? Who called him a resident loon? Was it the Takes two thingy?

I LOVED the AIExtra interview. Lordy, he looks FI-I-I-INE! :flirtysmile3:

OT

No rest for the weary - not any this week!

Store opening was yesterday - the biggest, most expensive Piggly Wiggly

EVER! And Dream Dinners being only the 2nd ever in a PW store.

So - Wed. we were prepping food and getting ready for Thursday's opening - not to mention than when I work 4 hours, it's like working 6+ because of

the drive!

So - yesterday the whole Piggly Wiggly Grand opening AND the opening of

Dream Dinners brought TONS of people who were just coming in DD for the food sampling - most of whom will NEVER become customers and half of whom are only here for a week on vacation!!! Man! We were BII-ZEEE!! We did get, 5, I think, to sign up for sessions.

Today a 5pm we have a group coming for a Sneak Peek and we'll have to

get ready for that and then pull off our first Sneak Peek.

I'll be whooped by my Saturday off!

As I was leaving last night, I found out they need me to work Saturday! :clown_4:

I'm too old for 6 days in succession! :blink:

But now I have the summer to save up for the Clay Tour!

That's fine by me!

Besides. I need a NAP! :)

{{{{{{Cotton}}}}}} Totally understand the feeling. Too much to do, not enough time, and no rest for the wicked. *g*

Two questions: 1) Is the USA Today piece that was found last night in the print copy of the paper? 2) Was Clay mentioned/spotted in the Kimmel special last night?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I am 87% sure I spotted a head shot of Clay, dark bangs, in the mosaic of artists who have performed on the show. No idea when in the show it was, but it was when Jimmy was first mentioning the garage performances perhaps. I think Clay's picture was right next to the title on the screen. Someone with tivo might be able to catch it.

I need to go to work, but I HAD to stop by my laptop first to watch the AI Extra clip again. Yummm, I love how he looks! The stubble is so manly. And I enjoy hearing Clay talk so much - he talks fast, he's funny, he has interesting things to say, I enjoy his accent - what's not to like? And it's great seeing clips of Spamalot and of Times Square again!

Okay, okay, it's time to go to work. At least it's Friday! But - my mother-in-law is coming today, and it will be a horrible trip for her if we don't pay attention to her all of the time (snerk), so I might be a bit scarce here over the weekend.

Recap from last night, from strollynn63 at CB:

THE VIEW FROM ROW AAAAAAAAAAAA.....GULP!!!!! YES, BRING OUT YER DEAD!!! THROW HER ON THE CART!! Everybody reported already, I am just getting my body parts to work again. This is my 3rd time at the show, but never this close. Wow! Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely. This guy works during the whole show. Always in character, and talking constantly to everybody. The speaker was right in front of us, so we heard all his lttle ad libs. Such a pro, he has this part down to ....him actually being Robin. He's got the best chicken in the world. Tht voice is so smooth, so awesome, even when he is talking, its like he is singing. Hannah and Clay must have a little contest going at the end.....cause she kept looking at him when the applause started at the bows...He got the biggest of course!! Those guys up in the tower are tooo much. I never noticed them rubbing body parts before. They take that to the enth degree.... But they all do a great job. 3 new ppl last night. The place was crowded, and man that balcony is a scary thing, I looked up once and got a nose bleed. Skeery!!! All seats taken. Yayyyyy. When he was the dead guard, he fell right in front of us......all 6"1000 inches of him laying there for all the Claymates to view the body. My friend Clay Seal l, begged for mercy!!! Gahhhhhhhhh. The slo-mo horse ride is another kicker. OMG, tongue hanging out, and riding that horse sooo sloooow. Heee heee. Clay, take me back to the barn.. At the end of the show,he gave his two finger salute. He was awesome!!!

Nick was there last night a few rows behind us. It was good to see him again. I'm sure the whole front was filled with Claymates, you know that look of bewilderment! We all had it....Like being stoopified! 5 years of following this guy around will do that to ya. But then when he is in front of your face, its hard to stare at him, you feel yourself wanting to look away, his eyes, and HIM just being there is like a hot poker.

I didn't get a chance to read what LsDolly said about my intermission report. There was one lonely man in the first row. Asked me if we were a "key club." I said.....yeah, we strip you of your credit card and then you can join. He laughed his head off the whole time. One thing......I had my purse on my lap and was resting my hand on it, and at one point when I was in the Aiken Fog, this guy moved....and I noticed I was resting my hand on his leg....OMG, so embarassed. Whoops, sorry, but, we're sooo close here, ooooh, my bad. Sorry.... Sheesh! What a dork! Strolly, get hold of yourself.

I got my tickets at the last minute, didn't realize that they were for the visually impaired. Between the dry ice making smoke, and Clay's eye's burning a hole through me, I AM NOW VISUALLY IMPAIRED!! Hey can I have that seat all the time??? My contact lenses were smokin, my knees were around my neck, and I had my hand on some stranger's leg.....alll in all a great nite....

WONDERFUL, AWESOME NIGHT, NO STAGE DOOR, BUT, SEEING "MY IDOL" UP THAT CLOSE WAS WORTH IT A THOUSAND TIMES OVER. CLAY IS SO COOL, BUT SOOOO HOT! LIVING BREATHING TALENT, THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE. Get thee carcass to Spamalot.....

Okay - I'm watching/listening to the AI Extra thingy and I need help with one place - it sounds like he says, "New York is a different beach for me" . . .

Now that can't be what he said, but I swear that's what it sounds like to me.

Anybody???

:rolleyes:

Okay - I'm watching/listening to the AI Extra thingy and I need help with one place - it sounds like he says, "New York is a different beach for me" . . .

Now that can't be what he said, but I swear that's what it sounds like to me.

Anybody???

:rolleyes:

It does sound like beach! But maybe it's BEAT?

He's so pretty...... I couldn't help taking another screenshot! :D

NDVD_1391%20copy.jpg

I hear you say that this board has a reputation of being mean. Really? I have lurked here for quite a while and have never gotten that impression. I think FCA is one of the few “sane” boards. Hopefully I will be able to meet some of you one of these days. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Post deleted by me because I had visions of it ending up in places where it shouldn't.

I love some of Clay's listening choices. I am madly in love with "Gabriel's Oboe" and really, really like Buble's "Everything"; when I first heard the latter, I thought what a great song that would be for Clay! Other than the requisite AI mentions, I thought Clay's choices were eclectic (Andrea Bocelli) and esoteric (the above-mentioned "Gabriel's Oboe"). Does Britney have a list? *g*

Perhaps she'll be in contact with Jemock *soon*. :P

Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.

Thread title? :lilredani:

On a lighter note, just so you can know me a bit better. I'm totally a big picture person and, girls, I must tell you that I have to strap myself down for some of your great posts. I mean you creative people really post. Can you say a touch of ADD? Playbiller even caught me once. I was so ashamed. Waves to Playbiller.

What??

Speaking of ADD, it is kind of like a lot of things today, I wonder if diseases are being defined and separated out for answers when the answer is it is part of a spectrum and part of everyone. I so refuse to see life in black and white, but in shades of grey, and I know so many very very different people who have been diagnosed as ADD (including myself) that I am wondering if it is not that everyone one has what ever these characteristics are but in varying degrees from virtually not affecting life to emotional crippling, and maybe, in recognizing that idea, a different approach to dealing with it might be available. But that is just some of the weird ideas floating in my head. For me, they offered me uppers and I just do a few drugs as possible, so no, I lived with it so far, I can finish life without drugs.

Pkmiller, heard the same story from others, you are not alone. Maybe it is better to be a fan alone, like me. I tried to help with WFI and with party planning, but basically was frozen out because I was not one of the people anyone knew in the state, but I give up quicker and don't fight them. I have enough Clay friends in other states and places and I have no fear of traveling alone. My friends here have other important things in their life or are Grobanites or cat people or soemthing more important to them. If i need to talk about Clay, I have people I can pick up the phone and talk, just not drive over to their houses, heh.

:cryingwlaughter: I don't know this 'strolly' person, but dayum! Her recap CMSU! :lmaosmiley-1: There are some gems in there:

Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely

OMG, tongue hanging out, and riding that horse sooo sloooow. Heee heee. Clay, take me back to the barn..

his eyes, and HIM just being there is like a hot poker

My contact lenses were smokin, my knees were around my neck, and I had my hand on some stranger's leg.....alll in all a great nite....

BWAH! Great way to start a day!

pkmiller...I'd lay some good money that you're not the only person to have experienced that kind of unfortunate experience with some aspect of being involved in such a passionate and cra enthusiastic fandom. It's a shame that seems inevitable, but there are so many 'groups' of Clay fans, it's a good bet that there's one that 'fits'.

I was reading a book on the bus and the main character got stopped in the hallway at her work place and told that she was fired and the security guard was there to accompany her to her desk so that she could clear out her things and leave and that SHE WAS NOT TO TOUCH HER COMPUTER--THAT ANYTHING ON THAT COMPUTER WAS THE PROPERTY OF HER COMPANY.

HOLY SHIT! :fca:

(Muski rushes to transfer all downloads from her desktop to a flash drive, delete cookies and history and temp internet files and all iTunes songs with the word "Clay" in the artist column.)

ETA: This comment on the YOUTUBE of Clay's hunky appearance on the AI special clip CMSU, too!

Gahhh! Clay has certainly filled out nicely!

And if Simon won't kiss your foot then you just name the body part, Clay, and I will gladly do the honors :D

Get in line,honey.

Muski, what you are doing won't help.

The server has a history of it's own, your computer is just the end stop. I used to read the daily actualrial news when board and blocked from the internet. it was a blessing those last few years at work being connected to a server the company no longer owned (I think use was part of the deal of sellingthe subsidiary) and being untraceable. I ws blessed with beingthere so long, they sold oldsystems and I was the manager responsible of maintaining it, hence connected through another server for the internet and access to that systems web pages, and connect to the other server when I wanted to go to the corporate information for project reporting, etc..... mumblety mumble....

wanders away mumbing to self

PKmiller - life is complex. Maybe this person was using you maybe not. Sometimes different opportunities appear and you make different decisions - like the stars align. Sometimes we make stupid decisions. This goes with my Black and white post above.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008...is-own-journey/

Give it hits, it is nice. WHo knew this magazine stille existed? Clay was on the cover of the first issue!

Looks like the little Clay Aiken we fell in love with during season 2 of American Idol is all grown up now. With more successes under his belt than we can even count, Aiken’s journey has already been long and fruitful. Now he’s using it, and what he’s learned along the way, to inspire the theme of his new CD, On My Way Here.

When Aiken and his executive producer, Jaymes Foster, began searching for music to fill Aiken’s new album, they ran across a song written by OneRepublic’s Ryan “Alias” Tedder. The song, titled On My Way Here, is all about the lessons we learn while growing up and how they shape the adults we become.

The lyrics struck a chord with Aiken, who decided this was the perfect way to describe how he’s felt about his life over the past five years as he’s shot into stardom.

“I thought if we could find songs along those lines, that deal with my life over the past five years and what I’ve learned from my experiences, it would be a great concept for an album,” Aiken says. “Since I got into this business, I’ve learned so much about myself and about life and the world. I’m nowhere near an expert, but this album has taken on the form of addressing how far I’ve come in those five years and how I feel like I’ve found myself.”

Aiken’s fan-base stretches far and wide, as he’s racked up sales of 6-million copies of his three best-selling albums. Aiken’s success even stretches beyond the limits of music, as he’s also hit the New York Times Bestseller list with his Memoir, Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life.

Check back with Reality TV Magazine for an official release date of On My Way Here.

I guess they didn't get the may 6 date yet, heh.

pkmiller - I am sorry for your bad experience! What it all boils down to is -- PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE.

I've seen bad things happen in groups of all kinds. I used to belong to a Mothers of Twins group, and all kinds of stuff went down. The same with the car club we belong to. Just a couple weeks ago, something happened in a local organization here in town, and don't even get me started on the bunco group!

I don't think this person necessarily stabbed you in the back. She maybe didn't think she could afford it and then was presented with an offer she "couldn't refuse" and was embarrassed to tell you about it. (It has happened to me with another friend recently.) I say let it go, take your trip to NY (you know you want to!), let bygones be bygones, pretend all is well, and HAVE A GOOD TIME!! Will you be there the 19th?

Also - what Playbiller said!!

muski - ITA on strolly's recap - verra verra entertaining!!

The title track "On My

Way Here" will be the first radio single from the album to be released

later this month. Additionally the single, "On My Way Here" will premiere

as an "AOL First Listen" on Monday, April 7th.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

there will be radio single!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

first listen on Monday (shoot I"ll be at work...darn it!!)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

great Press release!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What are we eeeeing about?

looks up

Ooooo!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Happy, happy!

Joy, joy!

I have to admit, I look at Clay's people article, and remember what play posted in the AI thread about Josh and think, Yay for Clay - and in so many ways, the boy has got it good! Got me good too!