#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

What is Tina, 70 now? Hell yeah she's in his demographic! Heh. I wonder if the people bitching about the "old women" front and center at QVC would give Tina a pass...

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. :cryingwlaughter: (But thanks, ldyj ;-)

Heheh, and SLC seems surprised that people are extrapolating. Ummm, have ya met the fandom???

and since she listed the theater they will get hounded as well.

Happy Birthday Bookwhore!!

i hadn't heard that part about him giving gifts to all the people in spamalot. where did that come from? it doesn't suprise me though because of all the other generous things we have heard about him doing and the respect that he has shown to those he has worked with. another reason to love that man.

i just watched my titn video yesterday and i agree that its not clay. we all know that clay is extremely sexy without even trying, but in this video, it looked like he was acting at it, which was what was so jarring. not that i didn't enjoy it, because it was sexy, but i prefer naturally sexy clay to fake sexy clay. even fake sexy clay, as opposed to fake clay, didn't repulse me like constantine or ace young did. that put on sexy makes me want to vomit.

One things for sure...this fandom is SOOOOOOO predictable...hee

I really doubt the Clay and Tina thing...but if there is anything to it...Love Tina...she is 68...

If the tour will be this fall...I suppose they have to start booking places right now.

It's only Tuesday?

Unfortunately, yes. :( But looking on the bright side of life that does mean we're one day closer to Clay & Kimmel! :)

Happy Birthday, Bookwhore!

bdayreading113005.jpg

I doubt it too, ansa, but Tina's tour is already booked and tickets are already on sale. Runs from Oct - Dec 2008.

Oh, and now the venue calling will begin......if it hadn't already. Arg!!

Yeah, that. Double argh!

Clay was so adorable on Leno last night. Looked wonderful and sang like only he can. Jay has become such a tool though - just rubs me the wrong way no matter who/what he's talking about. Maybe he's prepping the Tonight Show audience for when the king of all tools takes over. *shrug*

Well, use the fact that he heard about Conan taking over through reading it in the papers. He doesn't want to leave.

Why does it bother me that Josh Groban gets a "concert" spot on GMA's Summer Concert series and Clay doesn't??? That's what Clay really needs. If he had the chance to sing 3 or 4 songs I bet his album sales would increase.

Oh well. It is what it is.

Groban's album and promotion was ready first. What happens to anyone else does not happen to everyone. Clay gets his share in different ways.

I love this Ford ad - Hmmmm, still it is always about Clay (or sometimes about WIlliam Hung)

hough the Focus SVT is surely not returning, Ford did give the new coupe a new freer-breathing exhaust on models equipped with the five-speed manual to free up some horsepower, and also added a new 4.2 final drive ratio to make off-the-line acceleration a bit quicker. The 2009 Ford Focus Coupe will have a base MSRP of $15,920 when it goes on sale in late Summer, and you can check it out later tonight when Ford officially debuts it in a video on American Idol. We want to hear what supercar collector has to say about the new look Focus Coupe. Is it a Clay Aiken or a William Hung?

Now if Clay got paid everytime someone said his name, he could produce individual records for each of us. Profit would not be an issue

I strongly suspect Clay IS getting paid for the use of his name in that one in particular. Good on him!!

Why would you think that Clay is getting paid for a Ford blog? (note this wasa a real question) I think they are just using his name as a pop point. (this is an opinion)

I just added the paren comments because someone, not here,has accused me of posting harshly. You can't please everyone, so please yourself instead (tm Ricky Nelson)

Why would you think that Clay is getting paid for a Ford blog? (note this wasa a real question) I think they are just using his name as a pop point. (this is an opinion)

Because it is from FORD, not just Joe Smith blogger off the street. I don't think Ford's marketing/legal department, if they have a brain in their heads, would allow it to be used in what is effectively a commercial, without a payment to Clay. (this is an opinion)

Widgets's question:

Does anyone happen to have the code for the OMWH widget that had the link to guptamedia embedded?....and does anyone know if it might work on gather.com?

TIA for any info.

Friday, May 16th"Clay Aiken"

American Idol's Clay Aiken is stopping by with a preview of his new music video, and his predictions on who will take this season's title! Then, Ace of Cakes star Duff has made some cakes out of some unusual ingredients. But can he make a high end cake using Rachael's pasta dish as the main ingredient? And you'll fall in love with pasta all over again with one bite of Rachael's roasted caprese spaghetti!

Rachael Rae

I love this Ford ad - Hmmmm, still it is always about Clay (or sometimes about WIlliam Hung)

hough the Focus SVT is surely not returning, Ford did give the new coupe a new freer-breathing exhaust on models equipped with the five-speed manual to free up some horsepower, and also added a new 4.2 final drive ratio to make off-the-line acceleration a bit quicker. The 2009 Ford Focus Coupe will have a base MSRP of $15,920 when it goes on sale in late Summer, and you can check it out later tonight when Ford officially debuts it in a video on American Idol. We want to hear what supercar collector has to say about the new look Focus Coupe. Is it a Clay Aiken or a William Hung?

Now if Clay got paid everytime someone said his name, he could produce individual records for each of us. Profit would not be an issue

I strongly suspect Clay IS getting paid for the use of his name in that one in particular. Good on him!!

Why would you think that Clay is getting paid for a Ford blog? (note this wasa a real question) I think they are just using his name as a pop point. (this is an opinion

It ain't Ford that is using Clay's name. It's the person who wrote the blog. Big difference. It is not a Ford ad. And it is not a Ford blog. A link is a wonderful thing sometimes (although I know why it isn't a good idea to link blogs): original source of quote - autoblog.

Haven't heard anyone mention yet that Jay said Clay had gravitas. How can we diss Jay when he said Clay possesses gravitas???

Gravitas = substance, dignity, bearing, presence, weightiness. If this has become his reputation in the industry, Clay must be elated.

I rarely watch the Tonight Show, only when I want to see a particular guest, but I thought Jay was really entertaining last night. I love Jack Black, but I thought Clay was funnier.

Play, I've been meaning to respond to your comment about "speculation" and "speculators" -- and since I don't go to other boards much, if any, I avoid so much angst and hand-wringing. I LOVE to speculate about Clay. It's based on nothing more than possibilities, and I don't think I have ever, for one instant, been bummed out because one of my speculations, or someone else's, did not materialize. I'm the accepting type, I suppose.

I was dreaming about Clay being a musical guest on SNL after the Spamalot close. Didn't happen. So? I can still dream that he'll be a musical guest on SNL's Fall premiere when the next single is released -- which should be "Falling" (imo) -- and that this will be in conjunction with a Fall Tour. And that Clay will have darker hair! With bangs! Or Not!!

I'm totally waaaaay too happy to be bummed about any little thing right now. I love this CD so much, I'm in awe of what was accomplished here. That THIS is the music Clay wants to do. That THIS is his comfort zone -- where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway. I love it too much.

I'll say it again, if I didn't like Clay Aiken before, this CD would have made a huge fan out of me.

And CG, I don't give a ratzass about Josh Groban, or anybody else, being on GMA's Concert Series. No doubt he has a great trained voice, but Josh Groban is fucking boring to my ears. So he gets stuff Clay doesn't get, like a PBS Special -- I didn't watch that either. People that like him, I'm happy for them. I just so glad that Clay is Clay, and nothing like Josh Groban, no matter how many CDs either of them sell.

It ain't Ford that is using Clay's name. It's the person who wrote the blog. Big difference. It is not a Ford ad. And it is not a Ford blog. A link is a wonderful thing sometimes (although I know why it isn't a good idea to link blogs): original source of quote - autoblog.

Yes, you're right. A link does help! Still looks like a fairly official blog for the auto industry though....I've been wrong before, probably am now!

Odd article on MSNBC:

He seems to vaguely imply that Clay was a ringer too...

Here’s what I’m not paid to do: Figure out why the ratings this season are at an all-time low.

It might be this simple: Viewers have finally learned how the show operates and they’re bored with the formula.

We all know now that David Cook or Chris Daughtry can’t be the only somewhat-rock-oriented person out there, that there could be many rocker guys out there with a Cook-level talent (there are, in fact, at least one or two of them in nearly every sound-alike alt-rock band), but that the show only needs one per year.

In fact, it wouldn’t be silly to assume that Cook actually auditioned during Daughtry’s season and simply didn’t make it through to sing for Simon, Randy and Paula. He wouldn’t have been what the producers were looking for then, everything coming down to corporate-driven-yet-idiosyncratic casting. All the talk early on this season about “ringers” coming in was too little, too late. It’s been a staged event since the beginning. We just see it all more clearly now.

Best season ever? Really?

So even though audiences still feel affection for people like Kelly Clarkson and Fantasia Barrino (and, yes, even for the much maligned and punch lined Clay Aiken and the recently dropped from his label Taylor Hicks), feeling as though they helped find these performers, they know somewhere deep down that they didn’t at all. And it’s souring them to the process.

And then there’s the phony mythology the show presents about itself. It makes you or breaks you! It creates stars! It’s huge! Even huger than ever! Season 7 is the best season with the most talent ever! Ever!

Except it’s not. The ratings are slipping. The star-making machine sputters. Cast-offs move more units than winners. Seventh placers wind up taking home Oscars. And the casting? If one thing is more “ever” about it, it’s the blandness. Though it can’t touch last season’s Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis anti-climax, this season’s top 12 featured approximately three interesting “characters” and one potential fame-tragedy-in-the-making.

See, that's why I hate people trying to be so fucking clever with semantics - OK, this is a reality show - has been from the beginning. Hell, even the hardcore tinfoil-hat wearing grassy knoll dwellers on TWoP didn't imply the first two seasons were cast. The first suspicions I heard were with Fantasia...but Clay? That seems like a psychotically crazy stretch (from a dude that's just basically crazy bored with this season). Or am I misinterpreting what the hell he's talking about? I especially don't think the first season was cast at all (it was a freakin' summer replacement series, that hit it big).

But see, some people can speculate and some can't let go once something has been mentioned. It is not bad to speculate, except forthe associated people that some how take speculation as established fact - like Clay getting an award for being on Broadway, like Fantasia.

some fans make me feel like I have been burned and then I shy away fromthings that could be fun like speculation.

See, that's why I hate people trying to be so fucking clever with semantics - OK, this is a reality show - has been from the beginning. Hell, even the hardcore tinfoil-hat wearing grassy knoll dwellers on TWoP didn't imply the first two seasons were cast. The first suspicions I heard were with Fantasia...but Clay? That seems like a psychotically crazy stretch (from a dude that's just basically crazy bored with this season). Or am I misinterpreting what the hell he's talking about? I especially don't think the first season was cast at all (it was a freakin' summer replacement series, that hit it big).

He's missing the key to the whole thing--the learning curve, the transformation. The public likes to see people improve over the season, in looks and in performance ability; they like to see raw talent cultivated to the point where someone who would otherwise be unlikely to make it is able to become a success. Of course Archie's success discounts that theory, since he's exactly the same now as at the beginning, but I do think this is why "ringers" Carly and Michael J. didn't make it. If they had been willing to grow and transform over the season, they'd have done better, but they thought the exposure is all they needed. But what do I know, since Archie has, if anything, gone backwards, and he's still a favorite. Ditto Ruben in season 2.

He's missing the key to the whole thing--the learning curve, the transformation. The public likes to see people improve over the season, in looks and in performance ability; they like to see raw talent cultivated to the point where someone who would otherwise be unlikely to make it is able to become a success. Of course Archie's success discounts that theory, since he's exactly the same now as at the beginning, but I do think this is why "ringers" Carly and Michael J. didn't make it. If they had been willing to grow and transform over the season, they'd have done better, but they thought the exposure is all they needed. But what do I know, since Archie has, if anything, gone backwards, and he's still a favorite. Ditto Ruben in season 2.

BINGO! jmh...

And this is basically what Clay has been trying to communicate to the mind-numbingly redundant interviewers' questions. The innocence is gone. He was learning the game while he was on the show and we watched that growth (heh)....now we're just seeing people being showcased doing what they do. Every week. They do what they do. The same way. Every week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyhooo....I'm absolutely :hubbahubba: over Clay's Leno appearance. GAH to the nth degree! When he said "When you've got all this going on, there's a reason for all that confidence." (or something similar)...I was thinking, "HOly shit, Clay, do you KNOW how hot you're looking right now to the majority of women watching you say that? And he DID look fuckin' hot while he was making fun of himself right then. FUCKIN' hot. :Thud:

OMWH? Well, he sang it purdy. I agree with somebody somewhere who said something about Q&A and their sound in this song. I can't quite feel the love for what they add to it here and I'm all about the Q&A love in regular circumstances. I love that they're there, but I don't think they've figured out how best to incorporate their backing vocals yet.

That being said, I STILL will be happy when it's time to promote the next single and it's Fallin' or Ashes or EIDN or something that takes Clay out of the expected lane 'sonically' (heh)...I want non-concert goers to see what we've known since Concert #1---that Clay Aiken can sing anything and look damned good while doing it! :clap:

But see, some people can speculate and some can't let go once something has been mentioned. It is not bad to speculate, except forthe associated people that some how take speculation as established fact - like Clay getting an award for being on Broadway, like Fantasia.

Yep - I love to speculate too - even if I don't say it out loud much on the boards - but I've been able to keep myself in check and know that "I'm just dreaming my dream for Clay as big as I can". I can separate big dreams from reality - does it mean I'm not a little disappointed when the big stuff doesn't happen, well, of course I am. BUT and it's a big BUT, I can shake it off. I like to be a glass half full kind of gal (hence the big dreams) but I also try (key word is try) to stay steeped in reality - keep my salt shaker handy when I hear stuff (even the small stuff).

And in the end, I can separate that my big dreams don't mean crap when it comes to Clay's career. I'm here to have fun in whatever while I can and enjoy myself. For me, and me alone, no sense being down over something I have no control over in the first place. And besides, I'm convinced he'll be around for quite some time - maybe not in the way any of us may have first imagined, but I just see him as the real deal and not falling off into obscurity.... It's been one hell of a ride so far, and I suspect it will continue to be so... I'm just holding on tight cuz I don't want to fall off!

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality today, reading the recaps from last night & thinking, "I don't remember that part...." :huh: Oh yeah, that's because I was asleep. D101! :P Can't wait to download it when I get home tonight so I can EEEEEEEE over his CUTENESS, too!

I did dream about Clay last night. Unfortunately, he wasn't actually in the dream.... :unsure: I was dreaming that I was trying to see him - at a concert, Spam, on TV, I don't know - and I kept missing him no matter where I went, or what I did! :cry4: